PDA

View Full Version : Official Week 8 Other Games Thread

pbmax
10-30-2011, 10:17 AM
On today's schedule: (http://the506.com/nflmaps/2011/wk8.html)

Early: Miami @GI Ants

Late: New England @ Pittsburgh OR
Detroit @ Tebow

Menu: Chili

Home Improvement: New Bathroom Fan/Fixture

Chores: Laundry

Packers or no, its going to be busy.

Joemailman
10-30-2011, 11:25 AM
Wake me up at 3:15.

MJZiggy
10-30-2011, 11:56 AM
On today's schedule: (http://the506.com/nflmaps/2011/wk8.html)

Early: Miami @GI Ants

Late: New England @ Pittsburgh OR
Detroit @ Tebow

Menu: Chili

Home Improvement: New Bathroom Fan/Fixture

Chores: Laundry

Packers or no, its going to be busy.

On tap today:

Electrical repairs including a heavy up. Four hours without power. There is a massive purge going on at the Ziggy compound. Crap is leaving this house at an astounding rate. If it doesn't have a good reason for being here, it is gone. For right now, it is lunch: tequila lime sausage with buttered pastina.

Joemailman
10-30-2011, 12:18 PM
Off topic I know, but what the hell is tequila lime sausage with buttered pastina?

Guiness
10-30-2011, 12:32 PM
Off topic I know, but what the hell is tequila lime sausage with buttered pastina?

That's ok, it's bye week so OT is the order of the day.

MJZiggy's post is probably the best one I've seen.

MJZiggy
10-30-2011, 12:38 PM

Tequila lime sausage is a sausage with tequila, lime, cilantro and jalapeno, and pastina is a small pasta that looks like little tiny wheels.

Upnorth
10-30-2011, 12:51 PM
Usually on game day I am in the kitchen making a tomato sauce or chili or other long low intensity easy to freeze dish for when our new baby comes. Its a great excuse to glue my butt to a chair and begin a flurry of movement during commercials. Today I am rototilling, hanging blinds and chopping wood (maple and poplar). Sucking up so I can continue to pretend to be productive on future game days.

Pugger
10-30-2011, 12:52 PM
We got the Miami/Gmen game down here (we get all of the Miami and Tampa games here in southwest FL) and the 'fins just got another TD!! :shock:

Guiness
10-30-2011, 12:55 PM
We got the Miami/Gmen game down here (we get all of the Miami and Tampa games here in southwest FL) and the 'fins just got another TD!! :shock:

why would they do that????

Maybe they've figured out that Indi sucks more than they suck, and there's no chance for Luck.

denverYooper
10-30-2011, 01:29 PM
Jared Allen is having one hell of a season. Just forced a Newton fumble in Car territory to get the Vikings the ball (and a subsequent AP score).

He's gotta be in the DPOY conversation.

RashanGary
10-30-2011, 01:54 PM
Anyone else riding a vicodin/vodka comma until the Lion game?

Joemailman
10-30-2011, 01:54 PM
Rams lead the Saints 17-0. :whaa:

Guiness
10-30-2011, 03:06 PM
Rams lead the Saints 17-0. :whaa:

Pretty odd for sure, from a team that put up 62pts last week!

Watching the Queens right now (funny, I'd stopped using that term when Rastak was around). Peterson playing well, but I still don't understand how he has managed to stay relatively injury free through his career. He just went through the line standing up straight, and an LB stood him right up. After a 4yd gain though.

pbmax
10-30-2011, 03:07 PM
Miami and G-Men put me to sleep. Might be misleading, but hard to fear the Gmen when they cannot run the football. Then CBS switched to Jags/Texans (2 score lead) :roll:

Chili is ready. Laundry is running.

New fan will be later this week as I need to put in a new junction box apparently since the new and the old are wired differently.

pbmax
10-30-2011, 03:11 PM
Tebow notes.

The world is cracking up. Everyone is convinced that everyone else is on the other side of the story. Tebow enthusiasts think he is universally despised due to his talent/religious views. Tebow detractors cannot imagine anyone with a brain thinks he will succeed and apparently everyone else has lost their brains and/or the only reason to support him is zealotry.

Lesson: When someone is convinced everyone else is against them, they are no longer paranoid. They are selling something.

Truth? Tebow is a complete outlier/risk strategy rolled up into a ball of one QB. He will work better than Orton on a bad team. But the team will never gain more than modest success due to his limitations. Bad news? He would give the Packers fits.

channtheman
10-30-2011, 03:15 PM
Refs just blew a call in the Detroit game. Wow.

gbpackfan
10-30-2011, 03:30 PM
Broncos fans should be ASHAMED! Titus Young does a "lambeau leap" on the road and the Broncos fans allow it. Not only that, they seem to be embracing him! Fucking pathetic. I remember when Chad Johnson tried to do that shit at Lambeau and knocked out of the stands. Bronco's fans = pussies!

pbmax
10-30-2011, 04:22 PM
Tebow watch: 2 for 9 for 30 yards.

Ben knocked woozy, later throws INT for NE score. Otherwise, Steelers outplaying the Pats.

Chili fantastic. Forgot the crackers though.

Joemailman
10-30-2011, 04:25 PM
Tebow watch: 2 for 9 for 30 yards.

Ben knocked woozy, later throws INT for NE score. Otherwise, Steelers outplaying the Pats.

Chili fantastic. Forgot the crackers though.

3-11 for 32 yards. He's heating up.

Just finished folding my socks.

Upnorth
10-30-2011, 04:26 PM
So is cam newton the anti vince young? He plays well and looses.

Joemailman
10-30-2011, 04:31 PM
So is cam newton the anti vince young? He plays well and looses.

Sounds a little like the 2008 Aaron Rodgers.

Cheesehead Craig
10-30-2011, 04:56 PM
Cam Newton is already better than Vince Young ever was.

Upnorth
10-30-2011, 06:03 PM
Tim tebow completes a 100 yrd td pass. Also cam newton is better than vince young ever was, but plays for a much worse team, hence anti vince young.

TennesseePackerBacker
10-30-2011, 06:12 PM
The Steelers are either better than everyone thought, or the Pats are worse. I vote a bit of both.

gbgary
10-30-2011, 06:37 PM
Tequila lime sausage is a sausage with tequila, lime, cilantro and jalapeno, and pastina is a small pasta that looks like little tiny wheels.

damm that sounds good!

Joemailman
10-30-2011, 08:18 PM
Eagles are trouncing Cowboys right now. Looks like they'll be a factor in the NFCE race yet.

pbmax
10-30-2011, 08:41 PM
Eagles are trouncing Cowboys right now. Looks like they'll be a factor in the NFCE race yet.

Maybe, but after 4 losses they have only a 2 loss cushion before their playoff fate is out of their hands. Assuming they have their way with the Cowboys, the matchup with the Giants will be huge.

gbgary
10-30-2011, 08:52 PM
i dislike the eagles but dislike the 'boys more. love seeing them getting their asses handed to them.

denverYooper
10-30-2011, 09:29 PM
This game is another clunker. Dallas can't get a break.

Joemailman
10-30-2011, 10:30 PM
Rob Ryan is frickin' huge.

Pugger
10-30-2011, 11:23 PM
The Steelers are either better than everyone thought, or the Pats are worse. I vote a bit of both.

I had to laugh at the Pats wasting valuable time on that last scoring drive of theirs with only 5 minutes to go in the game. The squandered at least a minute and a half screwing around at the LOS moving WRs around and they needed 2 freaking TDs just to tie the game. Then when they tried an onside kick they looked like the Keystone Cops. I haven't seen much of Brady this year but he doesn't move very well in the pocket at all. My hubby thinks Brady hasn't been the same player since his knee injury a few years ago. Anybody who thinks Brady is playing as well or better than Rodgers has a screw loose.

pbmax
10-31-2011, 01:15 AM
I had to laugh at the Pats wasting valuable time on that last scoring drive of theirs with only 5 minutes to go in the game. The squandered at least a minute and a half screwing around at the LOS moving WRs around and they needed 2 freaking TDs just to tie the game. Then when they tried an onside kick they looked like the Keystone Cops. I haven't seen much of Brady this year but he doesn't move very well in the pocket at all. My hubby thinks Brady hasn't been the same player since his knee injury a few years ago. Anybody who thinks Brady is playing as well or better than Rodgers has a screw loose.

It didn't help that they were denied a touchdown when it first occurred. The pass to one of the TEs was a TD but CBS only got to the replay after a couple more plays.

ThunderDan
10-31-2011, 09:19 PM
SD vs KC

The refs blow. Plain and simple the refs have had a huge negative impact on this game.

KC player on his back fumbles the ball, the refs don't overturn it on replay.
PI on Gates on a TD catch. Replay shows KC player grab Gates arm and Gates had to make a 1 handed catch.

And the defenseless WR rule is completely bogus and tonight showed why. The S comes across the field and hits the RB right as he is catching the ball (not high, a perfect textbook tackle). Due to the angles of the players if the S slows down to let the RB get 1 additional step in the play goes for a 60+ yard TD. Stupid!!! After the play I think Jaws said something about putting the players in dresses.

Harlan Huckleby
10-31-2011, 09:45 PM
And the defenseless WR rule is completely bogus and tonight showed why.

I thought the explanation by Jaws was frustrating as well. He explains half the rule: if a reciever exposes himself in catching a ball and hasn't yet established control, he is considered a "defenseless player."

End of explanation.

WTF? OK, he is a "defenseless player." What next? You can't touch him? You have to step aside? You can't spear him with your helmet? What the F is the rule?

That play was disgusting. The defensive back moved his head to the side and hit with his shoulder. What is he supposed to do differently?

The NFL is getting ruined by giving all advantage to the passing game. In tonights game, the running backs are not even relevant.

Vikings should trade Peterson for an offensive tackle and a long snapper to be named later.

Joemailman
10-31-2011, 10:49 PM
I thought the explanation by Jaws was frustrating as well. He explains half the rule: if a reciever exposes himself in catching a ball and hasn't yet established control, he is considered a "defenseless player."

End of explanation.

WTF? OK, he is a "defenseless player." What next? You can't touch him? You have to step aside? You can't spear him with your helmet? What the F is the rule?

That play was disgusting. The defensive back moved his head to the side and hit with his shoulder. What is he supposed to do differently?

The NFL is getting ruined by giving all advantage to the passing game. In tonights game, the running backs are not even relevant.

Vikings should trade Peterson for an offensive tackle and a long snapper to be named later.

http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports-blog/index.ssf/2011/05/nfl_owners_approve_player_safe.html

INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana -- NFL owners have approved rules amendments for player safety that include eliminating a player launching himself into a defenseless opponent.
The 32 owners have voted unanimously to enhance the protection of defenseless players. Anyone who leaves both feet before contact to spring forward and upward into an opponent and delivers a blow to the helmet with any part of his helmet will draw a 15-yard penalty.
Such tackles also will be subject to fines.
The definition of a defenseless receiver has been extended. Now, a receiver who has not had time to protect himself or has not clearly become a runner even if both feet are on the ground is considered defenseless.

I didn't see the play, but if he didn't use his helmet, it shouldn't be a penalty.

Harlan Huckleby
10-31-2011, 10:55 PM
I can agree with that rule. It was just a bad call.

King Friday
10-31-2011, 11:01 PM
Philip Rivers should be in a dress.

Pugger
11-01-2011, 12:18 AM
Phillip Rivers is NOT an elite NFL QB. He has a big arm but not much else.

gbgary
11-01-2011, 12:29 AM
rivers continues to prove sd was wrong when they chose him over brees. geesh. romo-like.

Fritz
11-01-2011, 05:32 AM
San Diego didn't look that good. And Tim Tebow was awful, just awful. I'd much rather have Matt Flynn. Tebow can't lead a receiver to save his life. I'd play him to run and dare him to beat the secondary with his arm. I don't think he can do it.

I cannot believe that guy was a first round pick. If Josh McDaniel still had GM powers somewhere, he'd probably draft Denard Robinson in the first round, too.

MadScientist
11-01-2011, 08:11 AM
San Diego didn't look that good. And Tim Tebow was awful, just awful. I'd much rather have Matt Flynn. Tebow can't lead a receiver to save his life. I'd play him to run and dare him to beat the secondary with his arm. I don't think he can do it.

I cannot believe that guy was a first round pick. If Josh McDaniel still had GM powers somewhere, he'd probably draft Denard Robinson in the first round, too.

That was exactly what Detroit did. They managed a little success with that strategy.

As for Sandy Eggo, lets hope they stay in their funk for another week. It looks like KC had a good formula, double or more coverage on Gates in the red zone and they have fits scoring.

denverYooper
11-01-2011, 02:11 PM
That was exactly what Detroit did. They managed a little success with that strategy.

As for Sandy Eggo, lets hope they stay in their funk for another week. It looks like KC had a good formula, double or more coverage on Gates in the red zone and they have fits scoring.

SD is known for starting flat, but the weird thing is that Rivers usually still plays well enough during that stretch that he's generally in the MVP conversation. This time he's part of the flatness. Maybe he's just bought into the team philosphy...

digitaldean
11-01-2011, 10:44 PM
Hope old Dom watched MNF, Romeo Crennel gave him the perfect game plan to beat SD.

KC took FOREVER to get plays into that huddle and needed a Rivers to channel his inner Joe Pisarcik to get them that W. Both teams did play rather sloppily, though.

Since SD will be desperate after their last 2 losses, it will be a very tough game. I think the Packers will win, but we need to keep Rivers frazzled. He was shooting some missiles last night that caused 2 picks.

Cheesehead Craig
11-02-2011, 10:25 AM
Saw this elsewhere about the NY Giants next 6 games:

@New England
@San Francisco
Eagles
@Saints
Packers
@Dallas

I think the NFC East is about to get real interesting.