PDA

View Full Version : Naysayers - What does it Take for you to Drink the Kool-Aid?

RIPackerFan
08-15-2006, 11:14 AM
To everyone who is completely down on this team, is there anything that you could see during the next game that would make you shotgun a trough of Kool-Aid? What would it be?

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-15-2006, 11:16 AM
Obviously it would have to be o-line, but I am “naysayer” and think there is still time to turn it around.

Astonishment
08-15-2006, 11:16 AM
Any kind of positive consistancy in the pass rush.

Cheesehead Craig
08-15-2006, 11:17 AM
Vodka helps me with Kool-Aid.

Spaulding
08-15-2006, 11:21 AM
I secretly think it's all a plan by Miller Brewing to undermine the Packer organization. If the team sucks they sell more beer. Thus their new slogan shouldn't be "Taste great, less filling" it should be

"Packers lose, buy more Miller beer"

You can definitely put me on the subscription list for that. Then again, I'll drink beer regardless.

Any chemistry majors out there that know if kool-aid and beer mix well? I really want to be optimistic this year.

K-town
08-15-2006, 11:22 AM
Vodka helps me with Kool-Aid.

I prefer Everclear. Jim Jones Jungle Juice. :twisted:

jack's smirking revenge
08-15-2006, 11:26 AM
A win against the Bears in week 1 would make me consider drinking Kool-Aid. Successive wins against NO, @Detroit and @Philly would push me close to the trough. I don't think wins on the road against Detriot (yes, the Lions) and Philly are likely. Nothing in preseason would have me drinking Kool-Aid, not even if the Kool-Aid Pitcher looked like Jenna Jameson and was giving me a lapdance (ok, maybe I'd consider it then...).

tyler

Rastak
08-15-2006, 11:30 AM
Nothing in preseason would have me drinking Kool-Aid, not even if the Kool-Aid Pitcher looked like Jenna Jameson and was giving me a lapdance (ok, maybe I'd consider it then...).

tyler

I think I could drink Green and Gold koolaid under those circumstances.....

jack's smirking revenge
08-15-2006, 11:31 AM
Nothing in preseason would have me drinking Kool-Aid, not even if the Kool-Aid Pitcher looked like Jenna Jameson and was giving me a lapdance (ok, maybe I'd consider it then...).

tyler

I think I could drink Green and Gold koolaid under those circumstances.....

I think it'd be hard for you to keep your bandana on under those circumstances! You'd be wearing a Kool-Aid helmet and drooling like a kid in a candy store.

As would I. :lol:

tyler

wist43
08-15-2006, 11:36 AM
Rastak, the Vikings looked pretty good last night... or maybe it was just in comparison to the debacle that is the Packers???

As for "drinking the Kool-Aid"... They've got so far to go that I just don't see them winning more than 3-5 games this year. I was beginning to be somewhat hopeful a couple of weeks ago, but the San Diego showed just how far this team has to go to even resemble an NFL team - let alone a competetive one.

Both lines are an absolute mess... you can't win in the NFL if you can't compete in the trenches.

This is a very, very bad football team.

Tony Oday
08-15-2006, 11:40 AM
This is a very very good football team with a ton of talent that is trying new things in the preseason. We will have Green back by the third game and he will be in mid season form by the bears game.

We have Jennings and Gardner playing well.

Gado, Green and Hendo gotta love that.

TEs that are going to be solid to great this year.

Favre wanting to go out on top

Rogers looks solid

D line is getting some preasure

Harris is getting used to actually having to play since carroll isnt on the other side

carroll didnt get flaged for interference

We cant stop the rush up the middle, HOWEVER we still can run bootlegs and sprints.

Collins and Manuel will gel and SCARE WR to drop the ball

We are in the NFL north

LINE UP THE SHOTS FOLKS THE KOOL-AID IS FLOWING!!!!!!!!!

Rastak
08-15-2006, 11:45 AM
This is a very very good football team with a ton of talent that is trying new things in the preseason. We will have Green back by the third game and he will be in mid season form by the bears game.

Rogers looks solid

Harris is getting used to actually having to play since carroll isnt on the other side

We cant stop the rush up the middle, HOWEVER we still can run bootlegs and sprints.

We are in the NFL north

I'm not sure why you are fired up on the RB's...also Caroll should have been flagged on at least one play.

Tony Oday
08-15-2006, 11:47 AM
Are you kidding!?!?!?! They are going to run all over this year!!!!

But he wasnt flagged was he? Neither was Moss on his patented push offs ;)

Willard
08-15-2006, 11:54 AM
I want to see staples of the WCO on display. In particular I want to get the TEs and the RBs involved in a short passing game. Remember what this looks like? In order for this aspect of the WCO to emerge the coaches must have confidence in the OL. Against SD it became obvious that the coaches started using the TEs and RBs almost exlusively for pass protection to offset the constant QB harassment. This led to an offense that looked much more vertical than the WCO that the coaches profess to want this year.

Rastak
08-15-2006, 11:54 AM
Are you kidding!?!?!?! They are going to run all over this year!!!!

But he wasnt flagged was he? Neither was Moss on his patented push offs ;)

Moss had one last night actually....

TheRaven
08-15-2006, 11:57 AM
As it soley is not one bad preseason game that has me down on the team, it would take more than one good preseason game to get me back on board. I still think the team could run for a 7-9, 8-8 year, which to me is marked improvement and not bad. So I am not totally down on them. But it would take a ton to get me thinking this team has any sort of playoff or division title aspirations.

HarveyWallbangers
08-15-2006, 12:02 PM
If they did these things over the next couple of preseason games, I would take a small chug of the Kool-Aid:

1) Run the ball for at least 4 yards/carry.
2) Protect the QBs A LOT better.
3) Force turnovers on defense.
4) Ryan and Cundiff show they deserve to be on the roster.
5) Ahman Green gets and stays healthy.
6) Greg Jenning shows he is for real (e.g. no more drops).

pbmax
08-15-2006, 12:06 PM
Run the ball consistently. That will make the passing game effective, even with marginal talent behind Driver.

And that will take pressure off the defense and change field position and TOP battles. Maybe then the D can get off the field.

MJZiggy
08-15-2006, 12:11 PM
I actually have not stopped sipping my beverage, but all it will take is to see some steady improvement and those who panic easily will come around. Coach said it; Wells said it; Gado said it. They just need to stop thinking so much and lose the hesitation. Give Brett another couple tenths and things will open up more. It wasn't all bad and a lot of what went wrong is fixable. I didn't see them be completely blown up. I saw them make mistakes and there's a difference.

GBRulz
08-15-2006, 12:12 PM
Amen, sista...

jack's smirking revenge
08-15-2006, 12:18 PM
Coach said it; Wells said it; Gado said it..

Easy to say. Not so easy to do. Reacting vs. thinking is a change in mindset that typically can't happen overnight. That's why the game slows down for rooks in their second year. We'll see where this thing goes. If steady improvement means they're improved by week16, does that make criticizing the team now a bad thing? Some players may not show improvement until the end of the year and, by that time, we may be out of the hunt.

I guess the real question is this: what are the expectations of a Kool-Aid drinker?

I think the whole team will be better by week16 and we'll be out of the playoff race, division race. Does that qualify me as a Kool-Aid drinker or a pessimist who just is too hard on the team because "they make mistakes"?

tyler

ahaha
08-15-2006, 12:21 PM
Why the hell not drink the kool-aid? It's early and this team is filled with young talent. Everybody is so down after ONE stinkin' preseason game. WHAT?! How can you evauate a team with a new coach, a new blocking scheme, who could possibly start 4 rookies, after one bad PRESEASON game. Try betting on the NFL based on preseason performances and see how much money you make.

This is the time of year to be optimistic.

We have plenty of areas, on this team, where drastic improvement is possible. Due in part to youth and inexperience in the scheme.

I'm drinking a big pitcher of Lime Kool-Aid, loaded with sugar. I still see the Packers as a possible 9-7 to 11- 5 team!!!

MJZiggy
08-15-2006, 12:25 PM
The mistake lies in trashing your expectations of an entire season based on one stupid preseason game where half the team was playing their first NFL action ever against an excellent defense. Yes, in this instance many times you have mistakes. The mistake is in deciding now that because it sometimes takes time for things to gel that it is impossible for this team to come together until the whole season is gone. That could happen, but to say that it will now is just silly. This is a good time to sit back and see how they respond as a team and to see if they do manage to trust themselves a little more next week and if they do, then perhaps they'll grow further the following week and by the Chicago game, they're somewhat better and by midseason they're kicking ass all over the field. It's not ridiculous to think that either could happen. It is ridiculous to assume that one or the other definitely will. That's why they play the games.

HarveyWallbangers
08-15-2006, 12:30 PM
It's not just one preseason game. Jack's been down on them since before this game. I had my doubts before this game, but I was being an optimist. I just see the same situation as last year arising. I predicted 7-9, so I haven't changed my opinion that much, but I was hoping to hear more positives from training camp, and I was hoping to watch a better opener.

Rastak
08-15-2006, 12:39 PM
It's not just one preseason game. Jack's been down on them since before this game. I had my doubts before this game, but I was being an optimist. I just see the same situation as last year arising. I predicted 7-9, so I haven't changed my opinion that much, but I was hoping to hear more positives from training camp, and I was hoping to watch a better opener.

The game against Cincy will be a great test. Starters usually go longer in preseason week 3 . They are a solid team and should provide a good test as to how the OL and defense are playing.

jack's smirking revenge
08-15-2006, 01:03 PM
The mistake lies in trashing your expectations of an entire season based on one stupid preseason game where half the team was playing their first NFL action ever against an excellent defense. Yes, in this instance many times you have mistakes. The mistake is in deciding now that because it sometimes takes time for things to gel that it is impossible for this team to come together until the whole season is gone. That could happen, but to say that it will now is just silly. This is a good time to sit back and see how they respond as a team and to see if they do manage to trust themselves a little more next week and if they do, then perhaps they'll grow further the following week and by the Chicago game, they're somewhat better and by midseason they're kicking ass all over the field. It's not ridiculous to think that either could happen. It is ridiculous to assume that one or the other definitely will. That's why they play the games.

One "stupid" preseason game showed us A LOT about the 2006 Packers--the coaching, the new schemes, the youth, the talent level, the preparation. Mini camps and training camps happen so games like the first preseason game don't happen, where 70% of the game was a laughable attempt at competing. These guys are PROFESSIONAL football players and coaches. Most have done this thing their whole lives. Yes, we have 12 rookies that we drafted, and we have some walk-ons, but that doesn't make up half of the team. What didn't work on Saturday night?

1. The Offensive line. At all. 20 yds rushing by Rodgers is not a good night by any stretch. Also, we gave up 5 sacks. A new scheme was put into place by Jags. It has been taught since the first mini-camp, probably even before then. Thus, five to seven guys have had three to four months to get to know the scheme. The first preseason game should be the test of what they learned. By all accounts, they failed. They've also had three to four months to work on chemistry together. The starting line looked LOST and unsure on Saturday.

2. The Kicking game. Cundiff got 3 points, but Ryan averaged 40 yds and Sander 30+. We need better production!!!!

3. The Running game. See point 1 above.

4. The D Line. 2 sacks, little pressure from the starting line and we allowed Turner to both score a TD AND come close to a 5 yard average.

5. The Secondary. No turnovers, allowed Rivers to have a great night against our D, completing 71% of his passes for 169 yards and allowing him to throw for a score.

So....it's not ridiculous to think that this thing can't turn around a bit. It's very possible that it will and I'm hopeful of that. It's the first preseason game and, yes, stranger things have happened. But I was told to be optimistic last year. JSO pounded that into me. I'm not falling for that this year.

Reality: they're a 4-12 team until proven otherwise.

tyler

wist43
08-15-2006, 01:12 PM
There's just too much conspiring against this team to expect that they'll be successful this year.

Hopefully they can learn and build along the way this year, and maybe we can get close to 8-8 next year.

I'm beginning to think that M3 is in over his head.

jack's smirking revenge
08-15-2006, 01:13 PM
There's just too much conspiring against this team to expect that they'll be successful this year.

Hopefully they can learn and build along the way this year, and maybe we can get close to 8-8 next year.

What do you mean by "conspiring"? Interesting comment that I hadn't heard before.

tyler

HarveyWallbangers
08-15-2006, 01:14 PM

Based off one preseason game with a roster that you have been saying is incredibly inferior?

woodbuck27
08-15-2006, 02:41 PM

Rogers looks solid

We are in the NFL north

There is nothing like a Tony Oday loooooong drink of Packer
Kool - aid. :mrgreen:

Two weeks ago, Tony was for me.

Like a Jim Jones command speech, and me wanting to roll in the jungle - flashback ! :mrgreen:

To - Tony Oday Kool-aid.

It's alot better than that vinegar taste in my mouth. :mrgreen:

GO PACKERS ! HOLD THE FAITH !! Till it's gone !!!!

woodbuck27
08-15-2006, 02:45 PM

DAM!! MJ

That's good. REAL GOOD !!!

GO PACKERS ! HOLD THE FAITH FOR 2006 till it's GONE.

woodbuck27
08-15-2006, 02:49 PM

What do you mean by "conspiring"? Interesting comment that I hadn't heard before.

tyler

I believe Wist43 means. . .???

That " the football God's of FATE " are conspiring against us - as in, we have way over the top too much on OUR plate's to be competitive.

We are weak all over as a team.

RIPackerFan
08-15-2006, 03:06 PM
While I am not per se a naysayer – I do want to see improvement on all aspects of the game. However, for me to feel really good about the team (and gulping the kool-aid), I need to see the below during the next game:

At least 3.5 yards per carry, with at least 25 carries in the game
Consistent pass protection – without the use of tight ends in to block
A QB rating (average) of over 90
No turnovers by the offense
At least two sacks by the defense (I don’t care if its on a blitz)
At least one turnover generated by the defense
Limiting the opposing offensive to < 3 yards per carry
An opposing QB rating of < 80
A win

BallHawk
08-15-2006, 03:41 PM
No more than one sack
Solid O-line
An emergence of a #3 receiver.
Good Cornerback Play
A run of 20 yards or longer
Time for Favre to throw.

wist43
08-15-2006, 04:09 PM

tyler

What I mean is, simply - that there are too many obstacles to overcome for this team to be competetive this year - or probably next year.

If it were only one thing you could say "if they shore up that area by signing a FA, or they can tread water until a stud rookie gets up to speed, or this, or that..." But none of us can say that, b/c there are simpy too many problems.

HERE'S THE REALITY:

1. The OL is going to take time to come together - even if you assume that they've addressed the talent issue - Long term Colledge, Spitz, and Wells could very well form the core of a very good OL for years to come. As for this year, they're going to struggle.

2. No pass rush, and no hope of having a pass rush - not even with blitzing - Some of us were hoping that Montgomery would have bulked up and improved his strength, and that he could possibly have been the answer, but he did neither, and looks like little more than a career backup.

3. More no pass rush - The only LB on the roster who has the size/speed/strength combination to be an effective pass rusher is Poppinga, but he's probably not going to see much time from scrimmage.

4. More no pass rush - Critical to the scheme is for the DE's generate pressure from the outside - Kampman and KGB are completely incapable of providing consistent pressure. KGB will pad his sack totals against inferior T's, but against average/above average T's he's invisible. Kampman is what he is - a try hard guy that mops up the occasional "coverage sack". With no pass rush, it doesn't matter how much TT might have improved the backs seven - w/o a pass rush, they're toast.

5. New run blocking scheme - Along with trying to break in the youngin's, all of the OL are trying to learn the new scheme... no matter how you slice it, it's going to take time. How long it takes will go a long way toward determining the W-L record. If they can't run the ball, teams are just going tee off on Brett - and given how shoddy the OL looks overall, that's a scary prospect.

6. No playmakers on offense - Ahman Green is coming off of a major injury and has an awful lot of milage on his body; Donald Driver is a very good #2 receiver, but he's not in the top teir of WR's in the league; Donald Lee is their best playmaker at TE, but he's wallowing at 3rd on the depth chart; Brett is still a weapon, but with such a weak supporting cast he could easily revert into being a liability as he starts chucking it up for grabs after the frustration sets in.

7. Coaching staff - Talk about a huge, huge unknown. I didn't like the hire from the outset, and I'm not feeling any better about M3 2 weeks into camp. A new HC, and both coordinators are new to their positions - there's going to be a learning curve.

And that's just the obvious stuff. There's no way anyone can objectively look at the current state of this team and conclude anything other than that this team is an awful long way away from being competetive.

The national writers have the Packers coming in between 4-12 and 6-10. After seeing this team fall flat on its face against San Diego, and given all of the problems they have to overcome, I think 6-10 is actually pretty optimistic.

HarveyWallbangers
08-15-2006, 04:22 PM
wist to the rescue. He can always make me look like an optimist--even though I'm an optimistic realist.

Tony Oday
08-15-2006, 04:45 PM
Good Fricken lord I thought this board was full of PACKER fans. Do you remember DECADES of futility? WE have THREE Super Bowl wins!!! We arent the Vikings hoping and PRAYING that we can win a Super Bowl to have something to come back at the Packer fans!

We have a legend at QB. That should be MORE than enough for us to be excited about this year. Have some fun good lord!

If another fan of another team says stop living in the past just come back with rather be a has been then a never will be!!!!

Face it this is FOOTBALL!!!! get excited!!! Stop fricken writing down everytime Coston looks to the left on a HB dive when the LB is shifting to the west and the bird flys through the camera view!!! Who cares have some fun we are 0-0 this season!!!

0-0!!! do you guys get that? We are the team that hope springs eternal! Stop bitching like spoiled little brats, ooh we arent going 13-3 boo fricken who! be happy we arent a team like the lions! hehe

Sit back grab a beer/kool-aid and have fun watching the games. Dont bet on the Packers because it will piss you off. Sit back with some friends/family and have fun watching a legend and some good solid rookies play the game we love.

jack's smirking revenge
08-15-2006, 04:59 PM
Good Fricken lord I thought this board was full of PACKER fans. Do you remember DECADES of futility? WE have THREE Super Bowl wins!!! We arent the Vikings hoping and PRAYING that we can win a Super Bowl to have something to come back at the Packer fans!

We have a legend at QB. That should be MORE than enough for us to be excited about this year. Have some fun good lord!

If another fan of another team says stop living in the past just come back with rather be a has been then a never will be!!!!

Face it this is FOOTBALL!!!! get excited!!! Stop fricken writing down everytime Coston looks to the left on a HB dive when the LB is shifting to the west and the bird flys through the camera view!!! Who cares have some fun we are 0-0 this season!!!

0-0!!! do you guys get that? We are the team that hope springs eternal! Stop bitching like spoiled little brats, ooh we arent going 13-3 boo fricken who! be happy we arent a team like the lions! hehe

Sit back grab a beer/kool-aid and have fun watching the games. Dont bet on the Packers because it will piss you off. Sit back with some friends/family and have fun watching a legend and some good solid rookies play the game we love.

Wow, you just bitched like a spoiled little brat too, only you were trying to prove YOUR point. Good job.

How fun would chatting about the Pack be if we all were wine and roses about 2006? If we all had the same opinion and we were all drinking the same Kool-Aid?

"Man, they're gonna be awesome!"
"I can't wait to see Jennings catch 80 balls for 2,000 yds!"
"Ahman is gonna tear it up this year. Back to the Pro Bowl for him!"
"I think its gonna be Pack vs. Colts in the big game in January!"

And then there's reality....and that's what we talk about--the possible good, the bad and the ugly of the 2006 season. Yes, I can still be a fan and criticize them. I don't have to surrender to the bliss of simply being a fan and seeing them play. I pay them to enterain me. So do you. Every single person's requirement for NFL entertainment is different.

If sitting back and having a brew and watching Favre is all that you need and all that you expect, great! Party on man!

I'm not you and I am a Packer fan.

tyler

p.s. We only have one SB win in the last 20 years. Some of us are logically trying to estimate when the next one may come about by understanding the successes and failures of the current roster. Call it forecasting, if you want. Guesstimating. Prognosticating. It happens all over the industry.

Rastak
08-15-2006, 05:02 PM

Wow, you just bitched like a spoiled little brat too, only you were trying to prove YOUR point. Good job.

How fun would chatting about the Pack be if we all were wine and roses about 2006? If we all had the same opinion and we were all drinking the same Kool-Aid?

"Man, they're gonna be awesome!"
"I can't wait to see Jennings catch 80 balls for 2,000 yds!"
"Ahman is gonna tear it up this year. Back to the Pro Bowl for him!"
"I think its gonna be Pack vs. Colts in the big game in January!"

And then there's reality....and that's what we talk about--the possible good, the bad and the ugly of the 2006 season. Yes, I can still be a fan and criticize them. I don't have to surrender to the bliss of simply being a fan and seeing them play. I pay them to enterain me. So do you. Every single person's requirement for NFL entertainment is different.

If sitting back and having a brew and watching Favre is all that you need and all that you expect, great! Party on man!

I'm not you and I am a Packer fan.

tyler

p.s. We only have one SB win in the last 20 years. Some of us are logically trying to estimate when the next one may come about by understanding the successes and failures of the current roster. Call it forecasting, if you want. Guesstimating. Prognosticating. It happens all over the industry.

Hey Tony, would you like me to run over to JSO and grab Tex?

j/k :wink:

Tony Oday
08-15-2006, 05:13 PM
hehe I like it Rastak ;)

F it have fun guys being realists in the preseason. Your hopes and dreams will be crushed ask Rastak about that from last years Viking preseason.

For me its bottoms up on the Kool-aid and bring on the football!

Rastak
08-15-2006, 05:21 PM
hehe I like it Rastak ;)

F it have fun guys being realists in the preseason. Your hopes and dreams will be crushed ask Rastak about that from last years Viking preseason.

For me its bottoms up on the Kool-aid and bring on the football!

You ain't kidding Tony....most of the national writers were predicting HUGE things for the Vikings, most of the JSO posters were predicting huge things
for the Packers....the season started and both teams laid one giant egg.
Both teams were like 2-5 and I was just bummed. I know you guys were realing. The Vikings somewhat recovered but Green Bay never did. This year I'm very carefull in my hopes for the Vikings, I'm somewhat optomisitc but ain't predicting no 11-5 season. I totally understand why some Packer fans have reservations..

But Tony, I will agree it's better to try and stay on the optomistic side...like Harvey's Optomist/Realist club. It's just that the realist side of it is making some dire predictions...maybe a good showing Saturday will change the mood more to your liking. We fans are somewhat fickle bunch at times.

Tony Oday
08-15-2006, 05:28 PM
Im not fickle. Heck last year I had to drink most of the games into oblivion to watch them!! hehe I just hate that its only preseason. If that was the bears and that was the type of game we were playing well Wreak havoc and let loose the dogs of war all over the team but man its the 1st game against a different team! :)

Just like everyone in Viking land is looking for a huge season this year but in reality it looks like they will be two-three years away from dominating because it usually takes that long for an offensive line to gel and by that time Mckinnie will be gone. Im excited to see what chester can do behind that line and the defense looks like it can swarm!

FavreChild
08-15-2006, 05:35 PM
I will drink just about anything if it has a little somethin'-somethin' in it. :cool:

As for the season's prospects, my expectations aren't too high, but I hope for the best. Probably the same as most here. What I *do* expect is to see improvement over last year, and to at least be competitive in each game. I expect the team to keep working through any struggles and to keep trying no matter what (which they did last year, with the exception of the Baltimore game).

The trick is to be "realistic" without being "negative." Some posters here do quite a good job at that balancing act. Being negative only ruins the experience for yourself and others. Just like the old adage about life, football is 10% what happens and 90% how you react to it.

So, if anything, we should all be drinking a kool-aid toast to the fact that football season is almost here. Contrary to what Andy Williams says about Christmastime, *this* is the most wonderful time of the year!! :cool:

Bretsky
08-15-2006, 10:00 PM
Dissecting this from all offseason, my concern didn't start over one game. It began when I saw how Ted Thompson was using up his $35,000,000 of cap space.

At the end of this year either he'll be proclaimed to be a f'ckin idiot for relying on a 2nd yr center, and two rookie offensive guards, or he'll be considered incredibly clever for handpicking the right youngyans.

Based on week one he looks like the idiot.

Atlanta's DL is not that tough against the Run. For my Packer Homerism to be reborn I need to see some dominance by our OL.

OL Dominance, successful runs and pass protection. Then I'll have some Kool Aide.

MJZiggy
08-15-2006, 10:05 PM
Dissecting this from all offseason, my concern didn't start over one game. It began when I saw how Ted Thompson was using up his $35,000,000 of cap space.

At the end of this year either he'll be proclaimed to be a f'ckin idiot for relying on a 2nd yr center, and two rookie offensive guards, or he'll be considered incredibly clever for handpicking the right youngyans.

Atlanta's DL is not that tough against the Run. For my Packer Homerism to be reborn I need to see some dominance by our OL.

OL Dominance, successful runs and pass protection. Then I'll have some Kool Aide.

Don't get too confident about their chances, B. I'd have put their odds of success to be better with SD. Atlanta D practices against a ZBS daily--and quite frankly, an O that's been using it a whole lot longer than our youngins. I'm hoping they do a great job, but I'm also hoping that the o-line watches and learns how this system looks when it's working well.

KYPack
08-16-2006, 08:29 AM

I agree w/ Brets 100%.

That must mean I'm wrong, eh?

I have never been able to see how we couldn't add 2 or 3 experienced OLine vets. We had a decent shot of making these additions with our cap room. Then we basically added nobody.

TT seems almost crazy with his reluctance to add vet FA's.

We now have the weakest OLine in the league with virtually no way to fix it.

With the Browns and some other teams also on the market, the chancews of gfetting significant talent in here is almost zero.