PDA

View Full Version : Bears to franchise Forte?

Guiness
10-30-2011, 01:04 PM
There are reports that the Bears plan to franchise Forte.

They REALLY don't want to pay that guy. With what's happening with Chris Johnson, I don't say I blame them.

MJZiggy
10-30-2011, 01:12 PM
Greg Jennings ispart of a "pay Forte" movement on Twitter.

Harlan Huckleby
10-30-2011, 03:10 PM
Forte should go on strike.

channtheman
10-30-2011, 03:25 PM
I wouldn't pay an RB big money. He is probably the last guy on the team that I'm going to pay a lot of money. RB is not as important as it used to be and most of them are done after 3-4 years.

Pugger
10-30-2011, 11:35 PM
But without Forte the bares don't have much else as far as offensive weapons.

Harlan Huckleby
10-30-2011, 11:45 PM
I wouldn't pay an RB big money. Forte is more than a runner. he's an offensive machine.

smuggler
10-31-2011, 07:14 AM
Yep, gotta pay him, problem is that he probably wants 6yrs 60 mil

BlueBrewer
10-31-2011, 07:22 AM
I wouldn't pay an RB big money. He is probably the last guy on the team that I'm going to pay a lot of money. RB is not as important as it used to be and most of them are done after 3-4 years.

Forte to the Bears is arguably the most important RB to his team of any team in the league. If they don't have him, they have nothing. They have no contingency plan in the works to replace him long term, they are pigeon holed and Forte knows it. Jerry Angelo is a horrible GM. Heres to Angelo for a lifetime contract!!

Packers4Glory
10-31-2011, 08:11 AM
Forte is a heck of a back. Unfortunately for him, I think in a couple seasons he's going to be a shell of what he is now. The bears know he's the only real weapon they have and they are riding him until the wheels fall off. So of course they are going to be hesitant to hand out too much money because the odds he remains this productive are very low.

Scott Campbell
10-31-2011, 08:55 AM
Did the new CBA change the franchise rule? I remember them pushing for you only being able to franchise a guy one year.

Pugger
10-31-2011, 09:01 AM
Forte to the Bears is arguably the most important RB to his team of any team in the league. If they don't have him, they have nothing. They have no contingency plan in the works to replace him long term, they are pigeon holed and Forte knows it. Jerry Angelo is a horrible GM. Heres to Angelo for a lifetime contract!!

No kidding! :lol:

Smidgeon
10-31-2011, 11:20 AM
Did the new CBA change the franchise rule? I remember them pushing for you only being able to franchise a guy one year.

I don't remember seeing that as a result. I think the old rules for franchising are pretty much the same. I think.

3irty1
10-31-2011, 12:59 PM
Forte seems like the type of back that can age well, like a bigger Brian Westbrook or a faster Steven Jackson.

mraynrand
10-31-2011, 01:06 PM
Forte is a heck of a back. Unfortunately for him, I think in a couple seasons he's going to be a shell of what he is now. The bears know he's the only real weapon they have and they are riding him until the wheels fall off. So of course they are going to be hesitant to hand out too much money because the odds he remains this productive are very low.

Yup. Maybe they can spot him a backloaded contract, with enough of a guaranteed money to make him sign.