PDA

View Full Version : Chargers guard ( Kris Dielman ) suffered seizure on team plane.

woodbuck27
10-30-2011, 04:23 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Chargers-guard-suffered-seizure-on-team-plane?urn=nfl-wp10604

Fri Oct 28 02:34pm EDT

Chargers guard suffered seizure on team plane

By Maggie Hendricks

San Diego guard Kris Dielman suffered a scary experience on Sunday night as the team flew home from its loss to the Jets. According to AP, he suffered 'a grand mal seizure' on the plane after sustaining a concussion during the game.

Dielman's injury came in the fourth quarter; he was obviously staggered but continued to play. The Chargers have been hard hit by injuries, and they were out of offensive linemen. San Diego's injury report says that Dielman is likely out for two weeks because of the concussion.

Please click on the LINK for the rest of the story RE: Seizures and Grand mal seizures ( defined )

PACKERS FOREVER !

Guiness
10-30-2011, 06:34 PM
We seem to hear more about this sort of stuff now. Is it more frequent, or better reported?

I love the NFL game, but when I look at the linemen, I shake my head. These guys seem to me to be freaks; 300lbs is just not a weight a normal, healthy human being achieves.
Joe Greene was 275. Ernie Holmes was 260. Both were dominant DT's in their era, is there a sub 300lb starting 4-3 DT in the league right now? OL is even worse, or course.

Pugger
10-30-2011, 11:34 PM
I'd wager this kind of stuff has been going on for years but it is now reported so we hear about it.

NewsBruin
10-31-2011, 12:39 AM
I believe the league rule is "If you sustain a concussion, you're out of the game, UNLESS YOUR TEAM IS OUT OF HEALTHY LINEMEN." Then, it's okay.