PDA

View Full Version : CLASS REUNIONS

GrnBay007
10-30-2011, 06:03 PM
So I'm starting the initial planning for our next big class reunion. First time I volunteered to plan it and I only did so because the last one was pretty much a flop. Don't know if it was thrown together too fast or what.

So anyway............I'm sure ALL of you have been to a couple class reunions. Anything stick out in your mind that was a nice added addition? All ideas are welcome!!!!

In the past it's been a 2-day event. First night going to the old school football game and kind of a casual spot to meet afterward and then the next night semi-formal.

Ideas........

Ideas.......

Ideas.......

LEGGO!! ( I said that to my son the other day and he said, mom, don't say that!!!) lol so of course I will! :)

woodbuck27
10-30-2011, 06:57 PM
Hi 007:

Not knowing how many will attend. Here are couple of suggestions:

a) Try to find a decent spot for a breckfast where everyone buys their own on a Saturday morning.

b) Maybe a combined social BarBQ on Saturday afternoon that could be combined with a softball game or a place to have a swim. The first 30 arrivals get to play. Swim..the more the merrier. Everyone should wear a suit.

That works well for a group of about 40-50. Two three BarBQs and its $10 Bucks$ a head and simple. Dogs and Burgers (condiments) and chips and pretzels.

c) Another Saturday idea that is fun. How about breckfast (coffee and donuts) followed by a Scavenger Hunt of say 2-3 Hours followed by a social at some decent pay as you go bar, with some food (again ) available to purchase.

Little Whiskey
10-30-2011, 07:06 PM
I thought that woody would have recomended a dance-off.

woodbuck27
10-30-2011, 07:13 PM
I thought that woody would have recomended a dance-off.

No man. This I assume will be a heterosexual Co-Ed event attended by people over 45 years that will dance their feet off like in the movie .... They Shoot Horses Dont They. This is ONLY a Friday - Sunday weekend event. Dancers LOVE to dance.

Little Whiskey
10-30-2011, 07:43 PM
No man. This I assume will be a heterosexual Co-Ed event attended by people over 45 years that will dance their feet off like in the movie .... They Shoot Horses Dont They. This is ONLY a Friday - Sunday weekend event. Dancers LOVE to dance.

woody are you drunk? nothing in the above post makes any sense.

MJZiggy
10-30-2011, 07:55 PM
007, Ours was a nice event, I remember there being a band, but more, I remember being able to reconnect with friends I'd lost touch with and that's what made it special for me (that and the woman who went around apologizing for anything she might have done in high school because she used to be a bitch). We didn't even stay that long. We went out for custard. That may be becoming a trend.

Harlan Huckleby
10-30-2011, 08:09 PM
I understood it. The problem is you're not drunk. Little Whiskey, indeed.

Scott Campbell
10-30-2011, 10:03 PM
I understood it.

Then maybe you could translate it into human for the rest of us.

Deputy Nutz
10-31-2011, 07:22 AM
Facebook?

GrnBay007
10-31-2011, 07:54 AM
Facebook?

I'm using FB to contact people and get contact info.

What I'm asking is did you ever go to a reunion where they did something special or something unique?

I was thinking of trying to gather a lot of old pics and make a CD to music to have playing at some point but that seems like a lot of work..lol I have to hunt down the old Class Prophecy and Will too.

SkinBasket
10-31-2011, 08:05 AM
I went to one. Our "class" wasn't really big into this kind of thing though. We cancelled our senior dance because they only sold 12 tickets, so 40-50 people showing up at a bar seemed like a success. For something awkward like a class reunion, access to alcohol is a MUST. Access to cheap and/or free alcohol will make any such gathering a success, especially if you use that to lure them in. Some free eats, even cheap stuff, will be appreciated as well.

I think the simpler the better. Forcing people into "activities" only makes them fear going. Unless it's bikini mud wrestling.

GrnBay007
10-31-2011, 08:10 AM
Dang, cancelled the Senior dance? How many were in your graduating class?

SkinBasket
10-31-2011, 08:21 AM
220 or 240 or something. We just didn't like each other very much.

GrnBay007
10-31-2011, 08:33 AM
I guess not if they cancelled with that many in your class! lol

We only had about 100...so this shouldn't be too hard to plan.

Way different then where my kids are now. They each have about 450 in their class.

red
10-31-2011, 10:22 AM
one word

orgy

MJZiggy
10-31-2011, 11:55 AM
I'm using FB to contact people and get contact info.

What I'm asking is did you ever go to a reunion where they did something special or something unique?

I was thinking of trying to gather a lot of old pics and make a CD to music to have playing at some point but that seems like a lot of work..lol I have to hunt down the old Class Prophecy and Will too.

Why not just scan them out of the yearbook? You don't even need the music, just have it playing on a loop at dinner. Solicit images from the FB group and dump them into a power point.

Deputy Nutz
10-31-2011, 12:27 PM
Class reunions are gay. If I wanted to stay in contact with someone from school I would have, or I can reach out on facebook.

Scott Campbell
10-31-2011, 03:02 PM
one word

orgy

It sounds harmless enough, but at the 50 year reunion someone might break a hip.

Patler
10-31-2011, 06:06 PM
Never went to a one of them.

MJZiggy
10-31-2011, 06:13 PM
Never went to a one of them.

And they all think you're dead.

GrnBay007
10-31-2011, 07:53 PM
Class reunions are gay. If I wanted to stay in contact with someone from school I would have, or I can reach out on facebook.

fud-de-dud!!! :)

It's fun to re-connect and see what people have been doing and how they've changed. For instance, I know one of my classmates has been in Federal Prison for the last 13 years and just released this year....I'm sure he will have some interesting stories! ;)

GrnBay007
10-31-2011, 07:54 PM
It sounds harmless enough, but at the 50 year reunion someone might break a hip.

Not quite!! :)

GrnBay007
10-31-2011, 07:55 PM
one word

orgy

U saying that's what made your reunion special?

MJZiggy
10-31-2011, 07:57 PM
Not quite!! :)

It would be memorable. That's what you were after, right? :mrgreen:

Patler
10-31-2011, 09:32 PM
And they all think you're dead.

No, but most of them ARE dead!

MJZiggy
10-31-2011, 09:40 PM
No, but most of them ARE dead!

Probably a good reason not to go then.

red
11-01-2011, 08:24 AM
U saying that's what made your reunion special?

yup

it was just the 10 year reunion though, so things weren't all disgusting yet

Upnorth
11-01-2011, 12:38 PM
At my ten year a drunk friend made out with his ex. It was hilarious. So my recommendation is add alcohol and bring a camera. Not an orgy, but damn funny!

Deputy Nutz
11-01-2011, 03:12 PM
I don't think I was invited to my ten year.

Freak Out
11-01-2011, 04:53 PM
The first one I went to was ok....I really didnt care for most of the attendees but at least they still liked to party a bit. The next one was lame as hell. For a class who's senior them song was "Wang Dang Sweet Poontang" these people got boring pretty fast. :)

woodbuck27
11-02-2011, 08:57 AM

No I never ever drink and post. I've seen peope here go there or on other forums usually with a disasterour impact or it's a negative thing to do.

I'll try to break that post down and Lord help y'all if I post in the dialect fr. back home. I'm keeping my style very proper here as a respect to Y'all.

Breaking it down I'm saying that RE-Union weekend will not provide ample time for 'a dance off', as in the movie entitled 'They Shoot Horses Don't THey?' Jane Fonda was acting in this movie as I re-call it. Some people love to dance and will do what it takes to win. It may go on, for four - five days

woodbuck27
11-02-2011, 09:02 AM
fud-de-dud!!! :)

It's fun to re-connect and see what people have been doing and how they've changed. For instance, I know one of my classmates has been in Federal Prison for the last 13 years and just released this year....I'm sure he will have some interesting stories! ;)

Your so cool 007. (-;

woodbuck27
11-02-2011, 09:08 AM
and the Class theme song Mrs.Pritchard approved for this Graduating class's 'Theme Song is.

Drum Roll................................... "Wang Dang Sweet Poontang"

Way too funny !!!! hahahahahahahahahahaha

Scott Campbell
11-02-2011, 11:00 AM
No I never ever drink and post.

Of course you don't. :lol:

MJZiggy
11-02-2011, 05:03 PM
Of course you don't. :lol:

Maybe it would help. ;)