PDA

View Full Version : That Jermichael Finley sure is an egotistical asshole

red
11-01-2011, 12:30 PM
just wow, what a real jerk/ headcase

from PFT

Jermichael Finley is down with the franchise tag

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on November 1, 2011, 10:48 AM EDT

Packers tight end Jermichael Finley (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4717/jermichael-finley) is hoping to get a contract extension by the end of this season.
If that doesn’t happen, Finley is cool with the Packers placing the franchise tag on him (http://packersnews.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20111031/PKR01/111031145/1058&located=rss) next February.
“If they do that, I’m down with that,” Finley told Rob Demovsky of the Green Bay Press-Gazette. “I ain’t going to be [ticked] off. I just love the game, and I was just blessed to be making money. I’m just taking it all in.”
Finley is saying all the right things in his contract year. More importantly, he’s stayed healthy after missing most of last season following knee surgery.
“You can’t ask for a better city just because there’s nothing to do, for one thing,” Finley said. “I’m going to be real with you, there’s less trouble you can get into. It’s first class in everything they do — contracts, around the building — everything’s first class.”
His numbers (25 catches, 334 yards, four touchdowns) aren’t quite as big as expected, but that’s largely because the Packers have so many other weapons. It’s also possible Finley hasn’t completely regained his pre-surgery explosiveness.
The team has already signed guard Josh Sitton (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4891/josh-sitton) and wideout Jordy Nelson (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4731/jordy-nelson) long-term this season. Finley’s deal always figured to be more complicated.
Retaining Finley at a big salary for 2012 via the franchise tag makes a lot of sense for the Packers, especially since Finley doesn’t have a problem with it.

gbgary
11-01-2011, 12:42 PM
yup. right out of the T.O. mold. pure cancer!

mraynrand
11-01-2011, 12:44 PM
Any day now.....

http://couchgroove.webs.com/terrell-owens-sit-ups.jpg

Noodle
11-01-2011, 01:06 PM
Maybe, just maybe, the man-child is becoming more man than child. Kudos to him for recognizing that the entertainment black hole that is GB allows him to keep his focus on his business.

Deputy Nutz
11-01-2011, 03:15 PM
I am confused he actually sounded pleasant

MadtownPacker
11-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Sounds like he will settle for 40 acres and a mule.

sheepshead
11-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Yeah, I didnt take issue with that piece at all, what's the beef?

pbmax
11-01-2011, 03:30 PM
Its a poke in the ribs to those who are convinced Finley is a diva and will want to leave for more cash, warmer climes and a better nightlife.

Cheesehead Craig
11-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Its a poke in the ribs to those who are convinced Finley is a diva and will want to leave for more cash, warmer climes and a better nightlife.

Milwaukee?

pbmax
11-01-2011, 05:09 PM
Milwaukee?

I was thinking Whitefish Bay, but in that neighborhood, yes.

Bretsky
11-01-2011, 07:01 PM
Honestly, I don't see much in that to get upset about

bobblehead
11-01-2011, 07:17 PM
Fuck him...resign wells.

Kiwon
11-01-2011, 07:42 PM
The grass may be greener on the other side.... but there is only one Frozen Tundra!

MJZiggy
11-01-2011, 07:47 PM
Honestly, I don't see much in that to get upset about

The thread title is sarcasm, honey.

red
11-01-2011, 08:02 PM
The thread title is sarcasm, honey.

i'm glad that at least 50 % of the people in this thread get the blatant sarcasm

i figured it was pretty obvious after after gary and rand clearly played along

Guiness
11-01-2011, 09:13 PM
i'm glad that at least 50 % of the people in this thread get the blatant sarcasm

I was going to join in with a 'screw him!' but I figured that would just be piling on.

bobblehead
11-01-2011, 10:14 PM
I have never had a problem with what finley SAYS. My problem (which only occurred this season) is that I have seen him line up wrong 3 times and have to be repositioned twice by Rodgers and once by Jennings. It bothers me that he doesn't seem to know his position inside out at this point.

Harlan Huckleby
11-01-2011, 10:39 PM
Red, you goddamn fucking asshole. Jermichael is showing himself to be a perfectly nice man, and as usual you are right there with the racist hate.

sheepshead
11-02-2011, 10:41 AM

I guess I missed the JerMichael bashing-so I really didnt get it.

pittstang5
11-03-2011, 07:21 PM
Fuck him...resign wells.

YEAH! and fire Slocum

mmmdk
11-03-2011, 08:09 PM

You'll always be Mr. 50% to me! :smk:

mraynrand
11-03-2011, 09:30 PM
I have never had a problem with what finley SAYS. My problem (which only occurred this season) is that I have seen him line up wrong 3 times and have to be repositioned twice by Rodgers and once by Jennings. It bothers me that he doesn't seem to know his position inside out at this point.

Yup. It's a problem. One thing I am genuinely curious about is whether Finley is blowing any route running assignments. There have been games where it seems like he's totally forgotten. Is he drawing double coverage? Is he screwing up? I have no idea without seeing the secondary film, or being (un)informed by highly suspect and typically worthless announcing crews. Haven't seem much in the press either.

ThunderDan
11-03-2011, 10:17 PM
Yup. It's a problem. One thing I am genuinely curious about is whether Finley is blowing any route running assignments. There have been games where it seems like he's totally forgotten. Is he drawing double coverage? Is he screwing up? I have no idea without seeing the secondary film, or being (un)informed by highly suspect and typically worthless announcing crews. Haven't seem much in the press either.

I was at the Denver game and on Jennings TD from 17 yards out Jennings lined up in the slot and Finley lined up wide. Two CBs over both receivers and a safety behind. The play started and both CB (the inside CB looked like he was trying to take away the throwing lane to Finley) went to Finley and the safety rolled to the edge. Jennings ran a skinny post and was wide open. It happened right in front of us in the south endzone.

All I could think was how the hell do you not cover Jennings! Kind of summarizes how we rung up 49 on the Broncos.

woodbuck27
11-04-2011, 02:49 AM
I am confused he actually sounded pleasant

Yea. I have zero prolem with us and that TE based on that release. He seems very cool.

pbmax
11-04-2011, 08:20 AM

He did run the wrong route during his TD versus Chicago according to Rodgers. That one of the things that led to the calling out.

Fritz
11-04-2011, 06:12 PM
I'm not sure whether I prefer this pleasant young man who doesn't seem to put forth much effort blocking, or an egotistical ass who blocks like a mad man.

MJZiggy
11-04-2011, 06:45 PM
What if the egotistical asshole can't catch?

Fritz
11-05-2011, 09:36 AM
Honey, Bill Schroeder retired a long time ago.

MJZiggy
11-05-2011, 10:13 AM
I didn't know Schroeder could block...

Fritz
11-06-2011, 11:24 AM
You win.

channtheman
11-06-2011, 06:59 PM
Finley seems to want to stay in GB and play with Rodgers per his comments after the game.

mmmdk
11-06-2011, 07:08 PM
Finley seems to want to stay in GB and play with Rodgers per his comments after the game.

Good! :tup:

gbgary
11-06-2011, 07:23 PM

he's said that before but people chose to ignore it.

mmmdk
11-06-2011, 07:30 PM
With this defense...Finley is needed!

gbgary
11-06-2011, 07:34 PM
With this defense...Finley is needed!

:D we would be a substantially weaker team without him.