PDA

View Full Version : Chargers

Harlan Huckleby
11-01-2011, 11:15 PM
I don't expect too much weeping over this, but San Diego played Monday night on the road, face the Packers Sunday, and then they have to play the Raiders on Thursday.

Has the NFL lost their minds!? A short week followed by a micro week?

I can't see SD rebounding Sunday after such a demoralizing loss at KC.

King Friday
11-01-2011, 11:31 PM
It depends how they respond...they might come out fighting, or give up early. I think this is either a 20 point laugher or a nail-biter.

channtheman
11-01-2011, 11:53 PM
They also face us coming off a bye after a short week. Scheduling crap like that seems to happen to different teams every year. Wasn't it just last year we played 2 or 3 games in a row against teams coming off byes?

MadScientist
11-02-2011, 12:09 AM
Packers get the same short - mirco week schedule later:

Week 10: Minnesota, 7:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 14
Week 11: Tampa Bay, noon Sunday, Nov. 20
Week 12: at Detroit, 11:30 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 24

Not a fun stretch for the Packers.

channtheman
11-02-2011, 12:25 AM
Packers get the same short - mirco week schedule later:

Week 10: Minnesota, 7:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 14
Week 11: Tampa Bay, noon Sunday, Nov. 20
Week 12: at Detroit, 11:30 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 24

Not a fun stretch for the Packers.

Unless you love watching Packer football! 3 games in 10 days, sweeeeet! :D

Freak Out
11-02-2011, 02:22 AM
It depends how they respond...they might come out fighting, or give up early. I think this is either a 20 point laugher or a nail-biter.

Man....Rivers is just wrong right now. If he continues to play this way I can see the Packers winning big.

Upnorth
11-02-2011, 08:43 AM
Rivers is a pocket passer, get him on the move and he is much less effective. If our d can get him uncomfortable we win. Can our d do that? I think we can.

Smidgeon
11-02-2011, 10:03 AM
I'm a little worried about the Chargers game. It always seems like teams put together the games of their life against the Packers the last couple years...even if they lose. The difference is that the Chargers have talent enough to do more.

3irty1
11-02-2011, 10:10 AM
This team is already dead. Those last two losses followed by these next two weeks is brutal.

Harlan Huckleby
11-02-2011, 10:56 AM
They also face us coming off a bye after a short week. Scheduling crap like that seems to happen to different teams every year. Wasn't it just last year we played 2 or 3 games in a row against teams coming off byes?

right, right. I thought about this before then promptly forgot it.

Its insane to schedule a team coming off a bye week against short week team.

bobblehead
11-02-2011, 11:04 AM

What other options are there? Unless you are discounting the possibility that they blow US out by 20.

MadtownPacker
11-02-2011, 11:13 AM
Im starting to feel this is a dangerous game.

Harlan Huckleby
11-02-2011, 11:29 AM

Maybe to your sad woman if the Packers lose, wife beating spic.

denverYooper
11-02-2011, 11:53 AM
The Packers will be 10-0 going into Thanksgiving.

Outside of Oakland, the AFCW is in sad, sad shape right now. San Diego almost got beat by a rudderless Denver team.

RashanGary
11-02-2011, 12:20 PM
Horrible schedule for them.

Scott Campbell
11-02-2011, 12:33 PM

These guys are pros. (Except for their QB and Center)

The Chargers should be fine.

retailguy
11-02-2011, 12:39 PM

Are you going to be there in person?

MadtownPacker
11-02-2011, 12:42 PM
Maybe to your sad woman if the Packers lose, wife beating spic.the only ass getting beat will be your bitch ass if you accept a game invite. Don't forget to stay away 1000ft from schools you fucking predator.

MadtownPacker
11-02-2011, 12:44 PM
Are you going to be there in person?

I didn't buy tickets but I'm gonna check craigslist. If I can find some good one I might make the trip.

gbpackfan
11-02-2011, 01:14 PM
This is exactly the type of game I can see the Packers losing. Just have a bad feeling. Mainly because our pass rush is sooooo bad. Rivers is going to have all day to stand back there and throw.

Tony Oday
11-02-2011, 02:00 PM
I can see Rivers pick us apart. No pass rush and corners that can only get ints...really I think this is a very close game.

Teamcheez1
11-02-2011, 02:41 PM
Kansas City is last in the league with 9 sacks this year (they had three against San Diego). If we can bring average pressure, Rivers will again play poorly enough to lose.

pbmax
11-02-2011, 02:47 PM
Any team with a TE can hurt the Pack unless Wood gets that call. Then its up to a safety and Tramontana to cover Jackson.

Lurker64
11-02-2011, 03:46 PM
Any team with a TE can hurt the Pack unless Wood gets that call. Then its up to a safety and Tramontana to cover Jackson.

None of the Chargers receiving options really make you worry about getting over the top of the defense, they can beat you underneath because they're big, but none of them are all that fast. I'm curious to see how Capers is going to play this.

Cheesehead Craig
11-02-2011, 03:55 PM
SD is such a Jekyl and Hyde team. Never know which one you'll get. Rivers has the ability to just get wicked hot.

Guiness
11-02-2011, 04:00 PM
SD is such a Jekyl and Hyde team. Never know which one you'll get. Rivers has the ability to just get wicked hot.

Not this year, I don't think. He's lost some off his fastball, there are starting to be rumours that he's hurt.

rbaloha1
11-02-2011, 05:18 PM
Chargers are a desperate team with good talent. It would not surprise if the Packers lost.

Harlan Huckleby
11-02-2011, 05:53 PM
I think a team like the Vikings with a pass rush are more of a matchup problem for the Packers than Chargers.

cakewalk.

Packers4Glory
11-02-2011, 07:12 PM
this is one of those games on the schedule that we have a good shot at losing.

I'm not expecting or pretending that this team is going to go 16-0..it almost never happens. So when I look at potential losses...this is one of those games. SD is known for not playing their best ball in the first half of a season and then all of a sudden they get it rolling. Nothing to look past here. This is a tough game on our schedule.

MJZiggy
11-02-2011, 07:30 PM

I'm with you.

Joemailman
11-02-2011, 07:44 PM
Chargers are a talented, inconsistent team. The fact that they played poorly last week probably makes them more dangerous, not less.

This is the time of year they usually start playing well. They are 28-7 since 2007 starting in November.

Bretsky, are you listening?

MadtownPacker
11-02-2011, 08:32 PM
I think a team like the Vikings with a pass rush are more of a matchup problem for the Packers than Chargers.

cakewalk.

Proofing in the fucking pudding!! (doom)

Harlan Huckleby
11-02-2011, 08:34 PM
I'm with you.

calm down, ladies

Joemailman
11-02-2011, 08:36 PM
One thing the Chargers have done very well is possess the ball. They are #1 in TOP, in part because their offense is #2 in 3rd down conversions. They are giving up just 185 YPG passing because they are allowing just 28 passing attempts per game. Perhaps the greatest threat to the Packers is that their offense simply won't have the ball enough to put up their customary big numbers.

MadtownPacker
11-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Kansas City is last in the league with 9 sacks this year (they had three against San Diego). If we can bring average pressure, Rivers will again play poorly enough to lose.

Facts won't matter this week. SD blowing it on MNF didn't help.

MadtownPacker
11-02-2011, 08:38 PM
calm down, ladies

Ladies=safe from harlan sexual advances.

I'm cool with that!!

Harlan Huckleby
11-02-2011, 08:39 PM
i'll take you when, where and if I want, little bitch.

Joemailman
11-02-2011, 08:41 PM
Why don't you two get a room?

Upnorth
11-03-2011, 10:02 AM
So long as our d can disrupt Rivers rythm we can stop their passing game. Even though it feels like we get no pressure on passing downs, we are fairly consistent at collapsing the pocket and forcing the qb out. Rivers never has been very good out of the pocket, but his oline is not playing as well this year as previously which results in him scrambling. Rivers scrambles more often than not lead to incomplitions and ints.
When the packers have the ball I dont see SD's secondary competing with our air force.

Scott Campbell
11-03-2011, 11:21 AM
They're calling Monday's nights debacle "The Phumble". :lol:

Brandon494
11-03-2011, 11:47 AM
Considering that we usually suck against elite QBs I think this wil be a high scoring game but coming off a bye week I don't see us losing this game.

mraynrand
11-03-2011, 12:20 PM
They're calling Monday's nights debacle "The Phumble". :lol:

It's rare to see a QB just give a game away like that. Unless you're watching the Cowboys.

denverYooper
11-03-2011, 01:57 PM
None of the Chargers receiving options really make you worry about getting over the top of the defense, they can beat you underneath because they're big, but none of them are all that fast. I'm curious to see how Capers is going to play this.

Agree. That group looked hella slow on Monday (and against Denver). Jackson still has great hands but the guy looks like he packed on a few and is moving a little slower right now.

mraynrand
11-03-2011, 02:20 PM
Mathews looks pretty fast, but he is almost always catching the ball out of the backfield. Maybe he gives the Packers some fits ala Forte, but he's dinged up and may not even play. Their other backs are slow.

As always, the biggest concern is generating enough pass rush so that a top tier QB can't just sit back their and pick apart the secondary.

Hope Shields plays because he can run with and compete against either of their big wide outs.

Fritz
11-03-2011, 04:37 PM
I don't even know what to think about this game any more. They're bound to lose a game somewhere along the way. But where?

smuggler
11-04-2011, 04:19 AM
It's almost assured that Shields will play. Hopefully he can stay with his man.

KYPack
11-04-2011, 08:08 AM
I didn't buy tickets but I'm gonna check craigslist. If I can find some good one I might make the trip.

Then I know you ain't goin' to this one, Jose.

They want a King's ransom for these tix!

smuggler
11-04-2011, 10:10 AM
Just wait until right before kickoff and get one at the door. They will be desperate to sell their tix at that point if they're still holding them.

Harlan Huckleby
11-04-2011, 10:23 AM
I know that at badger games, crooks are selling counterfit tickets at high value games. Not sure how common it is, but it sounds like a scam I ought to be investigating. How much does a high quality color printer cost, BTW?

Joemailman
11-04-2011, 08:10 PM
Mathews looks pretty fast, but he is almost always catching the ball out of the backfield. Maybe he gives the Packers some fits ala Forte, but he's dinged up and may not even play. Their other backs are slow.

As always, the biggest concern is generating enough pass rush so that a top tier QB can't just sit back their and pick apart the secondary.

Hope Shields plays because he can run with and compete against either of their big wide outs.

Ryan Mathews did not practice this week, so probably will not play. Shields practiced all week and should be set to go. Actually, only Clifton and Neal did not practice this week for the Packers.

MadtownPacker
11-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Then I know you ain't goin' to this one, Jose.

They want a King's ransom for these tix!
Fuck you. By good ones I meant in the first 30 rows from the field. I didnt say anything about price.

MadtownPacker
11-04-2011, 08:15 PM
Just wait until right before kickoff and get one at the door. They will be desperate to sell their tix at that point if they're still holding them.
Im not driving 8 hours to chance it.

KYPack
11-04-2011, 09:50 PM
Fuck you. By good ones I meant in the first 30 rows from the field. I didnt say anything about price.

Hey, same to ya, pal.

The tix site all had 'em at $1200 a pair.

I wouldn't pay that for SB tix.

Don't be so surly, Joe!