PDA

View Full Version : What's going on in the NFL. Surprizing Upsets indicate parity has arrived!?

woodbuck27
11-03-2011, 05:53 AM
I hope that this thread will inform us and teach us something.

I'm seeing something alarming develop in the NFL this season. Every team in the league in both conferences has at least two loss's. The exception ' The Green Bay Packers'. As Packer fans we have to be very pleased with OUR team.

Question for anyone here?

What is going on in the NFL? When a team such as the St. Louis Cardinals can upset the NO Saints (wasn't that on the road as well?); and do so with a real ass thumping win Vs a team most believe will be the only one to block the Packers from another Super Bowl berth.

That KC Chiefs defeat Vs the San Diego Chargers. Who among all NFL teams will really step up to challenge us; or wil our team regress? Fall back with the rest as we face adversity (injurys and concerns there not properly addressed as there is no clear response available !??).

What of the pool of really talented football players?

The CAP may be the answer. That firmly in place as it's been for some years. Tends to usher in parity.

Where are the truly **elite teams? **Teams that will step it up as OUR season progress's to the playoffs and another Super Bowl.

Two weeks ago we saw the Jacksonville Jaguars defeat the Baltimore Ravens and did they have a first down the entire game? What is going on? I've been thinking for the past ten days, that I wanted to raise this topic of discussion.

Again, I hope that this thread will inform us and teach us something.

PACKERS FOREVER!

woodbuck27
11-03-2011, 05:59 AM
Anyone please. How do I edit a thread's heading (Title) ?

Thank You. (-:

GO PACKERS ! GO BIG !!

Brandon494
11-03-2011, 07:40 AM
St Louis Cardinals?

Brandon494
11-03-2011, 07:43 AM
Bottom line is if you turn the ball over anyone can beat you. Lucky for us we are one of the best if not the best at not turning it over.

Cheesehead Craig
11-03-2011, 08:52 AM
What? Parity in the NFL?

Scott Campbell
11-03-2011, 09:41 AM
Every team in the league in both conferences has at least two loss's. The exception ' The Green Bay Packers'.

The Canadian News Agency missed the 6-1 49ers.

Upnorth
11-03-2011, 09:54 AM
Upsets have happened all the time, including before the salary cap. One or two upsets does not prove parity. So far this year in the lead up to the Carolina game and ST louis game there was a bunch of talk about trap game. In the NFL you have to bring your A game week in and week out or you will lose. Always has been that way, always will be.
Brandon, CHFF just did a big study on qb turn overs, including fumbles, and ARod came out as the safest qb in history. Good things for the pack!
Scott, no one in Canada likes the 49er's since Garcia played for them so they dont show up in our sports news up here. It is a national conspiracy which you have cracked. They are now watching you!

ThunderDan
11-03-2011, 10:02 AM
I half agree with you.

The NFC has had 10 different teams in the SB in the last 10 years.

The AFC is completely different.
NE (4), PITT (3), IND (2) and OAK in the SB.

The AFC Championship game is as follows:
NE (5), PITT (5), IND (3), NYJ (2), SD (1), BALT (1), OAK (1), TENN (1), DEN (1)

The AFC shows three dominant teams in the last 10 years: NE, PITT and IND.

woodbuck27
11-04-2011, 02:32 AM
St Louis Cardinals?

errrrr RAMS. Thanks.

woodbuck27
11-04-2011, 02:38 AM
Bottom line is if you turn the ball over anyone can beat you. Lucky for us we are one of the best if not the best at not turning it over.

Granted iin any match-up no matter if that team is the odds on favourite.Iif that team tuns the ball over on a three or four to one ratio they will be very fortunate to escape a loss. That was the case this weekend when the N. O. Saints were defeated by the huge underdog St . Louis RAMS by a large margin. A somewhat shocking result to me.

woodbuck27
11-04-2011, 02:46 AM
Upsets have happened all the time, including before the salary cap. One or two upsets does not prove parity. So far this year in the lead up to the Carolina game and ST louis game there was a bunch of talk about trap game. In the NFL you have to bring your A game week in and week out or you will lose. Always has been that way, always will be.
Brandon, CHFF just did a big study on qb turn overs, including fumbles, and ARod came out as the safest qb in history. Good things for the pack!
Scott, no one in Canada likes the 49er's since Garcia played for them so they dont show up in our sports news up here. It is a national conspiracy which you have cracked. They are now watching you!

Yea The LINK between Garcia in (was it Calgary?) and the 49ers. Long time since I thought about that. I never liked the 49ers Upnorth because at times their success overshadowed OUR teams best efforts. Well actually I should check to see how the Packers have done Vs San Fran in playoff games. The record may 'IN fact' be close to slightly in our favour as I re-call it.

sheepshead
11-04-2011, 05:04 AM
I think the LA Rams are overrated.

gbgary
11-04-2011, 08:47 PM
this isn't anything new. parity didn't just arrive...it's been here for years and years.

Joemailman
11-04-2011, 08:52 PM
Next think you know, some wild-card team will win the Super Bowl.

swede
11-04-2011, 09:01 PM
Next think you know, some wild-card team will win the Super Bowl.

As long as it's not the 6th seed...that'd be crazy.

I don't know how many of you are in survivor leagues, but 80% of the participants of the one I was in were washed out by week 5.

Is that typical, or does that happen in upset crazy years?