PDA

View Full Version : LSU at Alabama

mmmdk
11-05-2011, 06:14 PM
Big game in Tuscaloosa; big enough for me to take time of off work to watch this humongous college game. Yet don't worry, ye faith Euro Rat followers, I'll be here tomorrow night as well for the big Bolt bowl in California.

BTW, none of the College teams are my team. I somewhat follow Arizona st.

With that said, I think Bama wins!

channtheman
11-05-2011, 07:03 PM
Every news source and sports outlet is hyping this game so incredibly high ("Best. Game. Ever." and "Game of the Century") I will be shocked if it lives up to the hype. I wouldn't be surprised to see things go south early for one of the teams and this game end in a blow out.

mmmdk
11-05-2011, 07:10 PM
Every news source and sports outlet is hyping this game so incredibly high ("Best. Game. Ever." and "Game of the Century") I will be shocked if it lives up to the hype. I wouldn't be surprised to see things go south early for one of the teams and this game end in a blow out.

A game in the south...to go south!? I don't think so!!! :wink: You could be spot on; the hype has gone into hyperion! :lol:

mmmdk
11-05-2011, 07:20 PM
Good start...though that Bama kicker sucks!

channtheman
11-05-2011, 07:49 PM
Snoozefest for me so far. I want points, not defense.

channtheman
11-05-2011, 08:00 PM
LOLOLOL. You wouldn't know the difference between the Illinois/Penn State game a few weeks ago and this one.

Joemailman
11-05-2011, 08:01 PM
How many chins does Verne Lundquist have?

channtheman
11-05-2011, 08:02 PM

:lol:

mmmdk
11-05-2011, 08:43 PM
3-3 score is a bore!

channtheman
11-05-2011, 08:45 PM
3-3 score is a bore!

Yes but is it boring enough to be labeled "Best. Game. Ever."?

channtheman
11-05-2011, 08:45 PM
3-3 score is a bore!

The Michigan/Ohio State game a few years ago was way better.

mmmdk
11-05-2011, 09:10 PM
The Michigan/Ohio State game a few years ago was way better.

No doubt!

channtheman
11-05-2011, 09:22 PM
Will he make it?????

Finally!

Now we go to the bottom of the 3rd inning as Alabama leads LSU 6-3.

Joemailman
11-05-2011, 09:37 PM
Great defenses going against mediocre QB's, in my opinion.

channtheman
11-05-2011, 09:37 PM
I just dozed off for 5 minutes. Literally a snoozefest.

channtheman
11-05-2011, 09:40 PM
Great defenses going against mediocre QB's, in my opinion.

That's an interesting point. How can these traditional powerhouse schools not recruit a QB on the level of even Scott Tolzein?

channtheman
11-05-2011, 09:51 PM

I paused and counted in HD. Either 6 or 7 depending on what you believe constitutes a "chin." Definitely more than 5 chins though.

channtheman
11-05-2011, 10:21 PM
I don't think Alabama should try to score here. Their QB would probably throw a pick. Go to OT.

channtheman
11-05-2011, 10:22 PM
I think this game could go to 5 or 6 overtimes and still have a final score of 9-6.

channtheman
11-05-2011, 10:29 PM
Hahahahaha, what an idiot! Can't get sacked there!

Don't worry kicker, no one expected you to make it. I would have just thrown up a pass to the endzone. What a stupid call by Saban to even attempt the kick.

shammye06
11-05-2011, 10:37 PM
How would Boise St. fare against either of these teams?

channtheman
11-05-2011, 10:37 PM
Geez, looks like I should have spent my night watching Oklahoma State Vs. Kansas St.

Upnorth
11-06-2011, 08:25 AM
I paused and counted in HD. Either 6 or 7 depending on what you believe constitutes a "chin." Definitely more than 5 chins though.

BEST GAME EVHAAR!!!!

Cheesehead Craig
11-06-2011, 01:57 PM
While both LSU and Bama have great defenses, those offenses are really not that good. WI has a much better offense than either of those teams do and it's not even close.

If LSU runs into a big time offensive team that has just an above avg defense in the BCS title game they will lose.

TennesseePackerBacker
11-06-2011, 02:05 PM
While both LSU and Bama have great defenses, those offenses are really not that good. WI has a much better offense than either of those teams do and it's not even close.

If LSU runs into a big time offensive team that has just an above avg defense in the BCS title game they will lose.

Hah! Shows how much SEC football you watch. Both teams score 30+ against any other team out there. You just watched the two best defensive teams in the nation. And there isn't a 3rd team even close.

Boise St. would be murdered in the trenches against either LSU or Bama. In fact, any team would be. Sadly, there just isn't any comparison out there.

I know this makes me sound like an SEC homer, and quite frankly, I am somewhat. But the proof is in the pudding. No other conference is even comparable right now. I used to live in Ohio and had to watch lackluster Big 10 football. It's not even close in terms of talent at the top right now.

Just for a little recruiting comparison, Tennessee generally finishes around 10th nationally in recruiting (give or take) and 5th or 6th in the SEC. There is a huge talent discrepancy, and you'll see it when LSU wins the national championship, just like an SEC team does every year.

Brandon494
11-06-2011, 02:22 PM
Hah! Shows how much SEC football you watch. Both teams score 30+ against any other team out there. You just watched the two best defensive teams in the nation. And there isn't a 3rd team even close.

Boise St. would be murdered in the trenches against either LSU or Bama. In fact, any team would be. Sadly, there just isn't any comparison out there.

I know this makes me sound like an SEC homer, and quite frankly, I am somewhat. But the proof is in the pudding. No other conference is even comparable right now. I used to live in Ohio and had to watch lackluster Big 10 football. It's not even close in terms of talent at the top right now.

Just for a little recruiting comparison, Tennessee generally finishes around 10th nationally in recruiting (give or take) and 5th or 6th in the SEC. There is a huge talent discrepancy, and you'll see it when LSU wins the national championship, just like an SEC team does every year.

THIS!

channtheman
11-06-2011, 02:44 PM
It is true the SEC is the best conference in the NCAA. No questions about it. Still, I don't have to like the teams or the inbred fans that come out of Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, etc.

TennesseePackerBacker
11-06-2011, 03:11 PM
It is true the SEC is the best conference in the NCAA. No questions about it. Still, I don't have to like the teams or the inbred fans that come out of Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, etc.

No one said you did. Sadly, your own ignorance is expressed in the inbred statement. I've seen just as many rednecks in Wisconsin as I have in Tennessee. The two states are actually very similar, minus the mountains and staunch southern baptist population.

channtheman
11-06-2011, 03:18 PM
No one said you did. Sadly, your own ignorance is expressed in the inbred statement. I've seen just as many rednecks in Wisconsin as I have in Tennessee. The two states are actually very similar, minus the mountains and staunch southern baptist population.

I never said there weren't inbreds in Wisconsin.

mmmdk
11-06-2011, 07:11 PM
BTW...I fell asleep in the second half. Saw the rest at noon...didn't miss much! I thought you all would want to know!? :lol:

Cheesehead Craig
11-06-2011, 07:18 PM

I figured I'd get flamed for this. I still was still more unimpressed by the offense than I was impressed by the defense.

Recruiting ratings are overrated. How many times has ND had a highly touted class lately and what has it done for them? If TN is a top 10 recruiter year in and year out it sure isn't showing on the field and hasn't for years.

I'm not slamming the SEC at all, I'm just saying that in that game I wasn't impressed by the offenses at all, a good offense would find a way to score. I went too far with the WI reference.

gbgary
11-06-2011, 07:30 PM
i pay no attention to college football but i went back and forth between the two games last night. that 99 for alabama...he seemed like a stud. is he any good and would he be around for the Packers at 32 (hehe) if he's good enough?

channtheman
11-06-2011, 07:41 PM
BTW...I fell asleep in the second half. Saw the rest at noon...didn't miss much! I thought you all would want to know!? :lol:

I was wondering where you went. I can't blame you for falling asleep. It was a borefest of all borefests.

Jimx29
11-07-2011, 02:59 AM
http://urlybits.com/2011/11/the-best-part-of-the-lsualabama-game/