PDA

View Full Version : 2006 (Unofficial) Green Bay Packers Salary Cap:

woodbuck27
04-11-2006, 02:13 PM
I just found this info. and felt it would be useful.

2006 Packers cap (estimate)

(Unofficial) Green Bay Packers Salary Cap:

http://members.cox.net/cappage/2006cap.htm

Harlan Huckleby
04-11-2006, 02:21 PM
6.3M cap hit for KGB. Talk about buyer's remorse.

woodbuck27
04-12-2006, 01:00 PM
Bump Re: John Claytons ESPN article on how much we have commited to this year so far in Salary and if Favre retires.

That article is wrong /misleading on several points.

1. I believe that Clayton's number of $76 million is low. My number based on:

http://members.cox.net/cappage/2006cap.htm is :

$84,720,166.00 or $84.72 million not $76 million.

Further. . . as I understand it and correct me if I'm wrong please:

2. If Favre retires, we don't recover $10 million of cap space, as he will be owed between $4 million-$5 million of his projected income as a result of agreed upon deferred bonus's.

3. If Favre retired then Aaron Rodgers has bonus agreements that kick in if he starts for us.

4.If Favre retired we are likely in the market for a season'd QB to back up Aaron Rodgers, and more cost there.

Patler
04-12-2006, 01:15 PM
Bump Re: John Claytons ESPN article on how much we have commited to this year so far in Salary and if Favre retires.

2. If Favre retires, we don't recover $10 million of cap space, as he will be owed between $4 million-$5 million of his projected income as a result of agreed upon deferred bonus's.

3. If Favre retired then Aaron Rodgers has bonus agreements that kick in if he starts for us.

4.If Favre retired we are likely in the market for a season'd QB to back up Aaron Rodgers, and more cost there.

I heard the same thing Woodbuck. Rodgers gets something like a $3 million bump in salary if he becomes a starter. I just looked at a JSonline article last night from when he signed, and it said the total value, if he becomes and stays the starter is around $30 million for 5 years, with all the escalators being met easily if he becomes and stays the starter in the second or third year.

If you bring in an experienced backup and a third QB, you could easily add a few more million. An article a month ago or so implied that at most GB might save 1-2 million if Favre were to retire.

Guiness
04-12-2006, 05:59 PM

I don't know...why don't we just ask our resident capologist? Maybe Shamrockfan will do in a pinch.

Ok, ok, I guess we should let that one die. I agree with HH that if asked directly, I can't see Patler denying it.

Guiness
04-12-2006, 06:04 PM
I don't know who the guy is that maintains this page, but he does a bang-up job. A link to it was posted some time ago, and I refer to it whenever I have questions.

I like that he chases down the seemingly small amounts - he uncovered a few holes that way.

woodbuck27
04-12-2006, 06:38 PM

I heard the same thing Woodbuck. Rodgers gets something like a $3 million bump in salary if he becomes a starter. I just looked at a JSonline article last night from when he signed, and it said the total value, if he becomes and stays the starter is around $30 million for 5 years, with all the escalators being met easily if he becomes and stays the starter in the second or third year.

If you bring in an experienced backup and a third QB, you could easily add a few more million. An article a month ago or so implied that at most GB might save 1-2 million if Favre were to retire.

Yes on the Favre retiring side of Clayton's article that is as I understand it.

shamrockfan your point on the Final 53 man roster I do acknowledge was correct. So Claytons $76 million figure is in the ball park.That would , given the above , make the math:

76 - 2 = 74 and 74 (+ $7 million for Rookie Class) = $81 or about $5 million below min. total salary allowed.

TT would sit on that most likely for some contingency plan not bust it on a Free Agent.