PDA

View Full Version : Some Love for the Guys Who Put the Foot in Football

Noodle
11-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Crosby and and Masthay showed up for the Pack today, so how about a little love for our kicker & punter.

Crosby nailed his field goal, smacked KOs deep in the endzone, and had a pretty dang good tackle on one return. In fact, I'd say Crosby is probably the best tackling kickers in the game, though to be sure he's had plenty of opportunity to hone this skill during the Slocum era.

Masthay didn't get called on until late, but dude was money. Rainy day, pinned deep on his first punt, pretty good pressure from SD, and the guy just crushes it. Same with the second. He ends up averaging over 50 yards per punt. Those two punts were absolutely critical in securing the win. He mis-hits or shanks one (or lets the wet ball fly through his hands), and this game ends differently.

So lift a glass to Crosby and Masthay!

channtheman
11-06-2011, 07:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDQaHw0VC_k

Oh you mean, we are praising them? Never mind then.

Good point, they were big for us today, even though they were only used sparingly.

gbgary
11-06-2011, 09:18 PM
nah. maybe another time.

Upnorth
11-06-2011, 10:19 PM
Crosby and and Masthay showed up for the Pack today, so how about a little love for our kicker & punter.

Crosby nailed his field goal, smacked KOs deep in the endzone, and had a pretty dang good tackle on one return. In fact, I'd say Crosby is probably the best tackling kickers in the game, though to be sure he's had plenty of opportunity to hone this skill during the Slocum era.

Masthay didn't get called on until late, but dude was money. Rainy day, pinned deep on his first punt, pretty good pressure from SD, and the guy just crushes it. Same with the second. He ends up averaging over 50 yards per punt. Those two punts were absolutely critical in securing the win. He mis-hits or shanks one (or lets the wet ball fly through his hands), and this game ends differently.

So lift a glass to Crosby and Masthay!

CHEERS!

smuggler
11-07-2011, 07:02 AM
I have noticed that Masthay is actually a pretty fast runner. Unusally so, given he's a punter. Ginger Power!

pbmax
11-07-2011, 09:32 AM
Crosby's tackle was Jon Ryan-esque.