PDA

View Full Version : Jordy Nelson putting up #1 WR numbers

RashanGary
11-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Of all WR's he's 22nd in yards. He's on pace for about 1,000 yards and 8TD's.

Monster start to his season!!

The Packers are such a sophisticated offense. Players like Jones and Finley (who are more physical than smart) seem to be struggling. I know DJ Williams was considered a really smart college player, had great hands and great YAC for a TE. . . . Letting Finley walk is looking like more and more of a possibility. Finley just isn't clicking.

Of all players in the top 32, Jordy is 2nd in yards per catch with 19.4. Holy crap.

It's always nice to have a brute like Finley, but with Cobb (extremely savvy and likely to be on the same page with AR next season) and Williams (smart, fast, good hands, excellent YAC, hard working). . . I don't know. . . We could be better off with guys that AR knows where they're running. Finley could fetch us a late 1st rounder.

Brandon494
11-06-2011, 08:56 PM
Guess we can add you to the list of more physical than smart if you think Finley is walking. There is a reason Nelson is putting up those numbers because teams are focusing on stopping Jennings and Finley leaving Nelson in single coverage.

Joemailman
11-06-2011, 08:59 PM

The Packers are such a sophisticated offense. Players like Jones and Finley (who are more physical than smart) seem to be struggling. I know DJ Williams was considered a really smart college player, had great hands and great YAC for a TE. . . . Letting Finley walk is looking like more and more of a possibility. Finley just isn't clicking.

Of all players in the top 32, Jordy is 2nd in yards per catch with 19.4. Holy crap.

It's always nice to have a brute like Finley, but with Cobb (extremely savvy and likely to be on the same page with AR next season) and Williams (smart, fast, good hands, excellent YAC, hard working). . . I don't know. . . We could be better off with guys that AR knows where they're running. Finley could fetch us a late 1st rounder.

Nah, Finley is one of the top TE's in the league. He attracts a lot of attention that opens things up for other guys. I wouldn't say Jones is struggling. He's on pace for about 700 yards, which isn't bad for a #3 WR.

RashanGary
11-06-2011, 09:05 PM
I'd take a 1st for Finley.

AR, Matthews, Raji. . . We could get a players just as good and much more predictable. Ted isn't bad in the draft ya know.

I stand corrected on Jones. Not bad. He's earning his check. Very few drops too.

RashanGary
11-06-2011, 09:10 PM
If we had a pass rushing DL instead of Finley, I think we'd be a better team. If we had Nick Collins instead of Finley I think we'd be a better team. We were great without him once the running game got going. We'd be great without him still.

Next year with Cobb and the young TE's improving, the drop off would be even less.

As time goes by, I'm less and less of a Finley guy.

channtheman
11-06-2011, 09:13 PM
If we had a pass rushing DL instead of Finley, I think we'd be a better team. If we had Nick Collins instead of Finley I think we'd be a better team. We were great without him once the running game got going. We'd be great without him now and next year the drop off on offense would be even less.

It all depends on whether Finley wants money or to win. It's sounding more and more like he is willing to stay in GB for less than he could get elsewhere, though he may just be saying that to appeal to other teams around the league. If we can get Finley for a reasonable amount, we should keep him. I do agree with you that despite what everyone claims Finley does for the other receivers, he isn't the most pivotal part to this offense.

Brandon494
Nelson :24 catches 465 yards 19.4 avg 93 long 4 TDs

Jones: 19 catches 326 yards 17.2 avg 70 long 3 TDs

Finley: 25 catches 334 yards 13.4 avg 39 long 4 TDs

Yea Jones and Finley clearly aren't smart enough for this offense.

gbgary
http://www.fototime.com/16C7815A1D0E77F/orig.jpg

pbmax
11-06-2011, 09:16 PM

So the offense got suddenly sophisticated this year? Both Finley and Jones have eclipsed Nelson before. Were they more brainy than physical then? Did Finley take some Ginkgo Biloba before the Bears game? Wasn't Jones outperforming Nelson last year until the very end of the season? And didn't it take Nelson two opportunities after big Jones drops to finally wrest the #3 job away from him?

Such a review of each receiver would require a breakdown not only the plays being called but also the coverages deployed by the defense.

pbmax
11-06-2011, 09:17 PM
[http://www.fototime.com/16C7815A1D0E77F/orig.jpg]

You are missing the famous double face palm.

http://digitaldaily.allthingsd.com/files/2010/02/double-facepalm.jpg

pbmax
11-06-2011, 09:18 PM
If we had a pass rushing DL instead of Finley, I think we'd be a better team. If we had Nick Collins instead of Finley I think we'd be a better team. We were great without him once the running game got going. We'd be great without him still.

Next year with Cobb and the young TE's improving, the drop off would be even less.

As time goes by, I'm less and less of a Finley guy.

So this year's offense is not better than last year's offense? Really?

Joemailman
11-06-2011, 09:21 PM
Nelson :24 catches 465 yards 19.4 avg 93 long 4 TDs

Jones: 19 catches 326 yards 17.2 avg 70 long 3 TDs

Finley: 25 catches 334 yards 13.4 avg 39 long 4 TDs

Yea Jones and Finley clearly aren't smart enough for this offense.

Actually, those numbers are through seven games. here's the update:

Greg Jennings 48 723 15.1 79 6
Jermichael Finley 30 378 12.6 39 5
Jordy Nelson 29 570 19.7 93 5
James Jones 20 347 17.3 70 4

RashanGary
11-06-2011, 09:24 PM
We'll see how it shakes out. Put me in the camp that thinks JF being gone next year is a real possibility. A 1st round pick for TT is no joke. I'm a body language guy. I'm not a fan of Finley's demeanor/attitude.

channtheman
11-06-2011, 09:26 PM
We'll see how it shakes out. Put me in the camp that thinks JF being gone next year is a real possibility. A 1st round pick for TT is no joke. I'm a body language guy. I'm not a fan of Finley's demeanor/attitude.

Good point. I didn't really know what he was doing after the one play today where he sat down with his legs crossed. Does anyone have any idea what that was?

gbgary
11-06-2011, 09:37 PM
Put me in the camp that thinks JF being gone next year...

ok, if you say so. got room for channtheman?

http://www.campingmunicipal.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/camping-image.jpg

rbaloha1
11-06-2011, 09:38 PM
Again JN could be in contention for a Pro Bowl alternate slot.

Why all this discussion about JF's contract? Franchised. Done.

channtheman
11-06-2011, 09:42 PM
Again JN could be in contention for a Pro Bowl alternate slot.

Why all this discussion about JF's contract? Franchised. Done.

What's wrong with discussion on a forum?

Especially since I think Finley has recently made comments about hoping to get a deal done during the season. Who knows what will happen?

mission
11-06-2011, 09:51 PM
Finley made some huge plays today. Not sure where you get struggling from.

woodbuck27
11-06-2011, 09:53 PM
Actually, those numbers are through seven games. here's the update:

Greg Jennings 48 723 15.1 79 6
Jermichael Finley 30 378 12.6 39 5
Jordy Nelson 29 570 19.7 93 5
James Jones 20 347 17.3 70 4

20 TD pass's to those four Packers thus far. Impressive !

RashanGary
11-06-2011, 09:53 PM
hFor yards, Nelson is 14th for WR's. Finley is 9th for TE's.

I'm in no way arguing Nelson is as dominant as Finley, but I do have 5 reasons why I think Finley could be gone.

1. His personality. I don't know if he can be counted on
2. The seeming lack of chemistry between him and AR
3. We have a ton of weapons and TT has hit three players better than Finley already in the first round (Matthews, Rodgers, Raji)
4. We won the SB without him and dominated the post season without him.
5. A dominant player on a SB team. . . He could get us one or more very high picks

Of course, there's the big reason he could stay. . . . He's dominant.

We'll see though. I'm not as big of a Finley fan as I was. I don't think it's the foregone conclusion people make it out to be here.

woodbuck27
11-06-2011, 09:55 PM
For yards, Nelson is 14th for WR's. Finley is 9th for TE's.

I'm in no way arguing Nelson is as dominant as Finley, but I do have 5 reasons why I think Finley could be gone.

3. We have a ton of weapons and TT has hit three players better than Finley already in the first round (Matthews, Rodgers, Raji)
4. We won the SB without him
5. A dominant player on a SB team. . . He could get us one or more very high picks

We'll see though. I'm not as big of a Finley fan as I was.

Yes.

pbmax
11-06-2011, 09:56 PM

But Justin, that is fantasy land. No TE is getting traded for a first round pick. You could say Finley might entice an offer of eleventy billion dollars and TT would be hard pressed to turn that down. OK, sure. But in the end, it doesn't matter. Teams don't like TEs in the first round anyway, much less at the height of their earning power.

Upnorth
11-06-2011, 10:15 PM
What I love about this off is when they try to take one or two away someone else is open. Finley is a big part of that, when he is singled against a LB good things happen. I would prefer to have Finley over a first round pick so long as we dont break the bank. I used to be much more willing to let him go, but the way he has been drawing coverage and still putting up decent numbers has me becoming more and more of a Finley beliver.

Lurker64
11-06-2011, 10:59 PM
I think we got a good deal in resigning Nelson. He's definitely good enough to be the long-term split-end in this offense, and I think that's where he'll stay unless a prototype X falls in Thompson's lap as BPA.

Brandon494
11-06-2011, 11:43 PM

Yea your right we should trade him because you don't like the way he celebrates. I don't like it either but his talent highly out weighs his dumb ass celebrations.

mraynrand
11-07-2011, 12:30 AM
I'd take a 1st for Finley.

I love you!

http://www.usclegends.org/images/legends/john-michels.jpg

Gunakor
11-07-2011, 01:42 AM
Yea your right we should trade him because you don't like the way he celebrates. I don't like it either but his talent highly out weighs his dumb ass celebrations.

That only lasts until his dumb ass celebrations end up in 15 yard personal fouls for taunting. He should have gotten one today. If someone doesn't yank on his leash he's gonna get one soon enough. The kid has all the talent in the world but that talent ain't worth jack if you're moving your team backwards.

Brandon494
11-07-2011, 06:30 AM
^ did he get a penalty? No, so until he does move his team back stop bitching because right now he's helping make this offense unstoppable. Better get use to Finley because he's not going anywhere.

mmmdk
11-07-2011, 06:45 AM
Let's keep these receivers; sure Finley is a bit of a headcase but he's nothing, nothing I say, compared to a Favre or a TO.

I'm sure that Finley will be integrated, moreso, with the receiving corps when/if he's paid. :lol:

ThunderDan
11-07-2011, 09:07 AM
hFor yards, Nelson is 14th for WR's. Finley is 9th for TE's.

4. We won the SB without him and dominated the post season without him.

We'll see though. I'm not as big of a Finley fan as I was. I don't think it's the foregone conclusion people make it out to be here.

WTF... I thought this was a Jordy Nelson thread. The reality is you are using it to dump on Finley.

gbgary
11-07-2011, 11:33 AM
there's no way YOTTO is close to being taunting. he'll NEVER get a penalty for it. AR's belt is closer to taunting than YOTTO is. he is not a head-case or a cancer. he's totally on board with everything that is GREEN BAY PACKERS!

Pugger
11-07-2011, 11:37 AM

And Finley isn't the only one with dumb ass celebrations.

Tony Oday
11-07-2011, 12:05 PM
OK Finley is getting triple covered on deep routes...I dont like the attitude he looks to display on the field but he isnt bitch slapping strippers while making it rain with purple drank so I think we should be fine there. ALL the WR/TE/RB/OL on this offense know for damn sure if AR tells you to jump you say yes sir. In every interview I have seen or watched all these guys know that he is putting them into a position that they should excel and want to play well for AR. In Turn it looks like if you play well for AR and excel you will get taken care of by Grand Dad TT with a nice contract, will never break the bank on you, however you will be fairly compensated and have a chance to win another ring.

channtheman
11-07-2011, 05:32 PM
there's no way YOTTO is close to being taunting. he'll NEVER get a penalty for it. AR's belt is closer to taunting than YOTTO is. he is not a head-case or a cancer. he's totally on board with everything that is GREEN BAY PACKERS!

Can you please respond to my question inquiring about what the fuck Finley was doing on one of his few catches in the game when he sat down and crossed his legs? Surely Finley's cock in front of your face didn't block your view of the play? :shock:

gbgary
11-07-2011, 07:26 PM
Can you please respond to my question inquiring about what the fuck Finley was doing on one of his few catches in the game when he sat down and crossed his legs? Surely Finley's cock in front of your face didn't block your view of the play? :shock:

LOL...don't remember the play. i remember one play where he caught the ball, was tackled, and sat up for a moment. how dare he do that.

Guiness
11-07-2011, 07:41 PM
So about Jordy...

Interesting that he's putting up numbers on par with some #1 WR's. It seems to me though, that he's getting those numbers with a small number of long catches, as opposed to being a constant threat. Not that there's a problem with having a great vertical threat like that.

How many times a game is he targeted? Also wondering what sort of coverage he regularly draws. Jennings is going to be assigned the #1CB. Does DD still regularly get the attention of the #2 guy, leaving the nickel (or worse) on Jordy?

Guiness
11-07-2011, 07:42 PM

If he'd gone to the ground as part of the celebration, he would almost certainly have gotten a penalty. Did he end up in a sitting position as part of getting up?

channtheman
11-07-2011, 07:44 PM
LOL...don't remember the play. i remember one play where he caught the ball, was tackled, and sat up for a moment. how dare he do that.

It occurs at 10:35 in the 3rd quarter. Go watch it if you can. He crosses his arms and legs and looks up at the defender with some crappy attitude. No other player on our team does stuff like that. It's that kind of shit that makes me wonder if Finley has actually grown up yet, even if he says all the right things.

King Friday
11-07-2011, 08:14 PM
I love Finley...but he isn't necessary to make this offense run smoothly. He's a luxury IMO.

What modern great TE has been a catalyst toward building a Super Bowl contender? Gonzalez hasn't been lucky in that regard. Neither has Gates. That is why Finley probably won't be back. We have depth on the roster behind him and we can use the money to resign guys that are more critical to maintaining the greatness of the team going forward.

swede
11-07-2011, 08:31 PM
I am no fan of big mouthedness, but I do like a little bit of sass. JMike ended up on his butt, and before he got up he crossed his arms, threw on leg over the other and smiled as if football was fun and relaxing--not hard work like it is for you Mr. Defensive Just a Guy. He held it for three counts and got up.

I liked it.

RashanGary
11-07-2011, 08:43 PM
Boy, Packer fans love them some Finley. He wasn't around drawing triple coverages when AR went on the 6 game tear to win the superbowl. The Atlanta game was better than any game AR has played with Finley. That stretch against those defenses was as good as any stretch with or without Finley.

I like Finley, but this crap that he's constantly drawing triples. . . haha. See one replay on NFL network and extrapolate it to a whole game. Get real guys. This offense is great without Finley and Ted has done better with 1st round and 2nd round picks.

I like Finley. I do. I think there is a chance he's gone too and I wouldn't be too worried if he is.

Tony Oday
11-07-2011, 08:50 PM
Boy, Packer fans love them some Finley. He wasn't around drawing triple coverages when AR went on the 6 game tear to win the superbowl. The Atlanta game was better than any game AR has played with Finley. That stretch against those defenses was as good as any stretch with or without Finley.

I like Finley, but this crap that he's constantly drawing triples. . . haha. See one replay on NFL network and extrapolate it to a whole game. Get real guys. This offense is great without Finley and Ted has done better with 1st round and 2nd round picks.

I like Finley. I do. I think there is a chance he's gone too and I wouldn't be too worried if he is.

Well obviously that is where you are getting your film on JF. He easily is doubled on most plays and any time he splits outand runs deep he is covered high low and infront. Watch a game and see it.

I dont think anyone is saying JF makes AR but this offense has NEVER been better than with the weapons that are on the field.

Upnorth
11-07-2011, 09:49 PM
I am not convinced he has ever drawn a designed triple coverage. However he does draw double coverages, and when he is one on one can make tough catches. He is an asset that will be nice to have around, provided he does not break the bank. Of our potential FA's only Wells is a higher priority to sign.

gbgary
11-07-2011, 10:52 PM
It occurs at 10:35 in the 3rd quarter. Go watch it if you can. He crosses his arms and legs and looks up at the defender with some crappy attitude. No other player on our team does stuff like that. It's that kind of shit that makes me wonder if Finley has actually grown up yet, even if he says all the right things.

i will if i can. i don't know. we have a terrific talent in finley, a guy who makes big plays, family guy, no trouble with the law or with his teamates, says all the right things as you pointed out, hard worker. just don't understand the bashing he gets here by some. you asked about others who react to what opponents say or do to them. they all have at one time or another. who knows what was said/done to finley yesterday. he obviously made a point to whomever, yesterday, on that play. celebrations? nick collins in the sb, chuck when he gets a pick six, matthews when he gets a sack, rodgers with the belt or fist pump, everyone who jumps into the stands, dd on a big first down, finley's YOTTO, raji's dance, i'm sure we can go on if we think about them. they're no big deal, all in fun, to get the fans charged up. the tight end position disappeared in our offense for many years and now that's it's back, in a big way, the Packers' o is even more dangerous. we should be rejoicing, not wanting/wishing a parting of the ways and a huge step backwards. have we had our fill of superbowls...or do we want more?

Upnorth
11-07-2011, 11:28 PM
i will if i can. i don't know. we have a terrific talent in finley, a guy who makes big plays, family guy, no trouble with the law or with his teamates, says all the right things as you pointed out, hard worker. just don't understand the bashing he gets here by some. you asked about others who react to what opponents say or do to them. they all have at one time or another. how knows what was said/done to finley yesterday. he obviously made a point to whomever, yesterday, on that play. celebrations? nick collins in the sb, chuck when he gets a pick six, matthews when he gets a sack, rodgers with the belt or fist pump, everyone who jumps into the stands, dd on a big first down, finley's YOTTO, raji's dance, i'm sure we can go on if we think about them. they're no big deal, all in fun, to get the fans charged up. the tight end position disappeared in our offense for many years and now that's it's back, in a big way, the Packers' o is even more dangerous. we should be rejoicing, not wanting/wishing a parting of the ways and a huge step backwards. have we had our fill of superbowls...or do we want more?

Holy crap our team is full of arrogant assholes! Well screw them, I am only fans of the good clean boring oline, and the punter.

Brandon494
11-07-2011, 11:41 PM
i will if i can. i don't know. we have a terrific talent in finley, a guy who makes big plays, family guy, no trouble with the law or with his teamates, says all the right things as you pointed out, hard worker. just don't understand the bashing he gets here by some. you asked about others who react to what opponents say or do to them. they all have at one time or another. how knows what was said/done to finley yesterday. he obviously made a point to whomever, yesterday, on that play. celebrations? nick collins in the sb, chuck when he gets a pick six, matthews when he gets a sack, rodgers with the belt or fist pump, everyone who jumps into the stands, dd on a big first down, finley's YOTTO, raji's dance, i'm sure we can go on if we think about them. they're no big deal, all in fun, to get the fans charged up. the tight end position disappeared in our offense for many years and now that's it's back, in a big way, the Packers' o is even more dangerous. we should be rejoicing, not wanting/wishing a parting of the ways and a huge step backwards. have we had our fill of superbowls...or do we want more?

THIS

gbgary
11-08-2011, 12:01 AM
Holy crap our team is full of arrogant assholes! Well screw them, I am only fans of the good clean boring oline, and the punter.

:lol:

mraynrand
11-08-2011, 01:21 AM
We need more of that NFL-ready talent from Shippensburg

Gunakor
11-08-2011, 01:37 AM
^ did he get a penalty? No, so until he does move his team back stop bitching because right now he's helping make this offense unstoppable. Better get use to Finley because he's not going anywhere.

He should have gotten a penalty. That was CLEARLY taunting. Crossing your arms and legs while staring dead at the defender with a shit eating "What, bitch?" look on your face after catching a pass... He and the Packers were very fortunate no flag was thrown. We don't wait to bitch until after he's penalized if his behavior justifies the penalty that wasn't called. It was very clearly a personal foul, and just because it wasn't flagged doesn't make it okay.

When he is flagged for taunting and is moving the team backwards - and it's going to happen if he doesn't grow up - will you still be defending his arrogant, juvenile behavior?

Brandon494
11-08-2011, 07:23 AM
When he is flagged for taunting and is moving the team backwards - and it's going to happen if he doesn't grow up - will you still be defending his arrogant, juvenile behavior?

I'll worry about that when it happens but right now hes helping move the team forward so I'm not going to whine about something until he actually does hurt the team.

pbmax
11-08-2011, 07:34 AM
I love Finley...but he isn't necessary to make this offense run smoothly. He's a luxury IMO.

What modern great TE has been a catalyst toward building a Super Bowl contender? Gonzalez hasn't been lucky in that regard. Neither has Gates. That is why Finley probably won't be back. We have depth on the roster behind him and we can use the money to resign guys that are more critical to maintaining the greatness of the team going forward.

Catalyst toward building a contender? None.

Significant contributor to a Super Bowl winning offense? Dallas Clark, Heath Miller, Jeremy Shockey, Kevin Boss, Shanon Sharpe, Keith Jackson.

He is not going to command 20% of the salary cap like an aging QB. He will be staying.

pbmax
11-08-2011, 07:35 AM
He should have gotten a penalty. That was CLEARLY taunting. Crossing your arms and legs while staring dead at the defender with a shit eating "What, bitch?" look on your face after catching a pass... He and the Packers were very fortunate no flag was thrown. We don't wait to bitch until after he's penalized if his behavior justifies the penalty that wasn't called. It was very clearly a personal foul, and just because it wasn't flagged doesn't make it okay.

Should Nick Collins be released for the celebration penalty in the Super Bowl?

Pugger
11-08-2011, 07:38 AM

JF isn't the only guy who does silly stuff on the field after big plays. Wouldn't pointing first down or dunking the football over the cross bar constitute taunting? Isn't AR's belt move taunting? The refs could see what Finley did but they didn't throw a flag so they didn't deem his actions a penalty and it is THEIR opinion that counts, wouldn't you say?

Smidgeon
11-08-2011, 10:16 AM
I am not convinced he has ever drawn a designed triple coverage. However he does draw double coverages, and when he is one on one can make tough catches. He is an asset that will be nice to have around, provided he does not break the bank. Of our potential FA's only Wells is a higher priority to sign.

Denver

Upnorth
11-08-2011, 10:56 AM
Denver

I did not realize that Denver had designed any defence that game, my bad.

ThunderDan
11-08-2011, 11:28 AM

JH- Again, why start a Nelson thread to bash Finley.

As to your point on who is drawing coverages, without the high endzone camera angle you can't tell who is drawing what coverages on any play. When talking with my friends I have expressed that I would be willing to pay some amount of money to get that view.

Smidgeon
11-08-2011, 12:45 PM
I did not realize that Denver had designed any defence that game, my bad.

Their defense was to take Finley out. That part worked.

Patler
11-08-2011, 01:01 PM
JF isn't the only guy who does silly stuff on the field after big plays. Wouldn't pointing first down or dunking the football over the cross bar constitute taunting? Isn't AR's belt move taunting? The refs could see what Finley did but they didn't throw a flag so they didn't deem his actions a penalty and it is THEIR opinion that counts, wouldn't you say?

As most of you probably realize, I think all of the contrived "celebrations" are ridiculous, and that includes Rodgers' "belt". That said, I didn't think Finley's sit-down celebration was any worse as an act in itself than are any of the others that people have mentioned. The one thing that may have made that particular situation more likely to draw a penalty was that it sort of looked like it was directed at the opposing player, rather than just an act alone. It it had been directed at the player, it probably would have been flagged. Fairly innocuous acts can be taunting if done in the face of an opponent.

I think the official correctly interpreted it as not intentionally having been directed at the opponent. It was just something Finley did toward no one in particular.

Smeefers
11-08-2011, 01:54 PM
JH- Again, why start a Nelson thread to bash Finley.

As to your point on who is drawing coverages, without the higend zonene camera angle you can't tell who is drawing what coverages on any play. When talking with my friends I have expressed that I would be willing to pay some amount of money to get that view.

Woah, crap, I read all the way to here before I jumped back and actually looked at the title thread. So wait, this isn't the JF bashing thread that I've been hearing about for weeks? Man...

JN is doing fantastic work out there. We are very lucky to have him.

JF is an evil no good turd burgler... err, right? No, no, that's not right. Without JF on the field, we had a pretty darn good QB, but we had to win games with our defense all the time last year. With JF on the field, we score at will and pretty much rub our collective balls over every team we play. With JF, AR is a sure MVP. Without him, we barely made it into the playoffs. We were good enough to win the SB last year, but a lot of that was getting hot at the right time and good match ups once we got into the post season. And luck. Lots of luck.

I understand preparing for JF to leave. I'm doing that, or hoping they franchise tag him, but I'm not openly going to openly root for him to get lost and blast him for every little thing he does that I don't agree with. Our guys do a lot of shit I don't like, I just don't think JF does it more than anyone else. What has he done to get this reputation? He called out AR when he was a rookie. He bitched about not being in a team photo. He crossed his arms and legs on the field and stared a guy down. Is there more? God, there feels like there should be the way people go about assassinating his character. I should be able to give you a laundry list 10 deep off the top of my head about the crazy shit JF has done by the way people are talking here.

gbgary
11-08-2011, 03:28 PM
Woah, crap, I read all the way to here before I jumped back and actually looked at the title thread. So wait, this isn't the JF bashing thread that I've been hearing about for weeks? Man...

JN is doing fantastic work out there. We are very lucky to have him.

JF is an evil no good turd burgler... err, right? No, no, that's not right. Without JF on the field, we had a pretty darn good QB, but we had to win games with our defense all the time last year. With JF on the field, we score at will and pretty much rub our collective balls over every team we play. With JF, AR is a sure MVP. Without him, we barely made it into the playoffs. We were good enough to win the SB last year, but a lot of that was getting hot at the right time and good match ups once we got into the post season. And luck. Lots of luck.

I understand preparing for JF to leave. I'm doing that, or hoping they franchise tag him, but I'm not openly going to openly root for him to get lost and blast him for every little thing he does that I don't agree with. Our guys do a lot of shit I don't like, I just don't think JF does it more than anyone else. What has he done to get this reputation? He called out AR when he was a rookie. He bitched about not being in a team photo. He crossed his arms and legs on the field and stared a guy down. Is there more? God, there feels like there should be the way people go about assassinating his character. I should be able to give you a laundry list 10 deep off the top of my head about the crazy shit JF has done by the way people are talking here.

:tup:

channtheman
11-08-2011, 05:21 PM
I'll worry about that when it happens but right now hes helping move the team forward so I'm not going to whine about something until he actually does hurt the team.

Are you also saying that since the defense hasn't cost us a game that we shouldn't worry about them either? I like Finley. He helps this team. I do want him back IF he grows up and IF we don't have to pay a lot for him. I think Finley has mental lapses in judgment and does stupid things. I would prefer he not do things like that in the future.

channtheman
11-08-2011, 05:27 PM
Many good points on page 3 of this thread. I think with Finley, I start to warm up to him and really think he has grown up and then he lets me down again (like GOING PUBLIC with the Super Bowl picture thing) or this stupid sit down cross my legs and pout thing he did in this last game.

Brandon494
11-08-2011, 07:52 PM
Many good points on page 3 of this thread. I think with Finley, I start to warm up to him and really think he has grown up and then he lets me down again (like GOING PUBLIC with the Super Bowl picture thing) or this stupid sit down cross my legs and pout thing he did in this last game.

Yea because we all know those things are holding this team back from winning. :roll:

With all the shit you see NFL players doing now a days you really going to bitch about that? Give me a break!

Is he a top talent in the NFL? check
Is he a good teammate? check
Is he a hard worker? check
Good person off the football field? check
Is he happy in Green Bay? check

WTF is the problem? Hes not acting the way you want him to on the field so he shouldn't be brought back? Also give me ONE example to why you think signing him will break the bank, this is the first season the guy has made over a million and he has yet to once complain about his contract.

channtheman
11-08-2011, 08:27 PM
Yea because we all know those things are holding this team back from winning. :roll:

With all the shit you see NFL players doing now a days you really going to bitch about that? Give me a break!

Is he a top talent in the NFL? check
Is he a good teammate? check
Is he a hard worker? check
Good person off the football field? check
Is he happy in Green Bay? check

WTF is the problem? Hes not acting the way you want him to on the field so he shouldn't be brought back? Also give me ONE example to why you think signing him will break the bank, this is the first season the guy has made over a million and he has yet to once complain about his contract.

I think you are drastically overreacting to my stance on Finley.

Brandon494
11-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Coming from the guy who tried to compare our defensive troubles to Finley's crossing his arms after a catch...

and your not the only one who that post was meant for.

channtheman
11-08-2011, 08:44 PM
Coming from the guy who tried to compare our defensive troubles to Finley's crossing his arms after a catch...

and your not the only one who that post was meant for.

1. You quoted me directly. It's only logical to assume you were addressing me specifically. If you don't understand basic ideas of internet forums, then I don't know how to have a meaningful debate with you. I'm not sure why I'm responding now.

2. I was extrapolating from your ideology of "We shouldn't worry about that because we aren't losing games because of it" to another issue on this team. Now that I know you flip flop your beliefs from situation to situation, I don't have to take you seriously anymore. Thank you for saving me the time. I will no longer respond to posts made by Brandon494 :)

Brandon494
11-08-2011, 08:50 PM
If thats your way of saying your sorry and that you are wrong about Finley then I accept.

channtheman
11-08-2011, 08:57 PM
"This message is hidden because Brandon494 is on your ignore list (http://packerrats.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist). "

Peace at last!

Brandon494
11-08-2011, 09:26 PM
^ hahaha this guy really took it personal :grin: Now only if he could ignore Finley he might be able to enjoy the season.

mraynrand
11-08-2011, 10:24 PM
I think the official correctly interpreted it as not intentionally having been directed at the opponent. It was just something Finley did toward no one in particular.

yup. I agree. Finley is a young hotspur, but he's keeping it mostly under control. I hope to see many more YOTTO's in the endzone for Green Bay this year and for years to come.

VegasPackFan
11-08-2011, 11:27 PM
How about putting as many top-level guys on the field as possible at any given time? Finley qualifies no matter what you think of him. He has the potential to be ELITE at his position. That is better than a 1st round pick any day. How many 1st rounders end up average to below average to busts? LOTS.

Gunakor
11-09-2011, 12:05 AM
Should Nick Collins be released for the celebration penalty in the Super Bowl?

Who was he taunting? I mean, I know the rule. He went to his knees in celebration and got flagged. But who was he taunting? Finley was very clearly taunting someone, not raising his arms in celebration. The two acts aren't comparable IMO.

Gunakor
11-09-2011, 12:18 AM
As most of you probably realize, I think all of the contrived "celebrations" are ridiculous, and that includes Rodgers' "belt". That said, I didn't think Finley's sit-down celebration was any worse as an act in itself than are any of the others that people have mentioned. The one thing that may have made that particular situation more likely to draw a penalty was that it sort of looked like it was directed at the opposing player, rather than just an act alone. It it had been directed at the player, it probably would have been flagged. Fairly innocuous acts can be taunting if done in the face of an opponent.

I have to disagree. It was most certainly directed at the opposing player. He struck his pose and was staring dead at the opposing player. Read his facial expression while he's staring the opponent down. There's absolutely no question at all it was directed at the opposing player specifically. Which is why I'm surprised it didn't draw a flag and is why I'm so certain that his juvenile behavior is going to cost this team down the road. It's going to happen if he doesn't grow up.

Patler
11-09-2011, 07:48 AM
The announcers both commented that Finley's pose could have been flagged. But it was out in the open, with officials coming to set the L.O.S. I have to assume they saw it as plain as anyone, and they chose not to flag it.

So, maybe next time he gets a penalty? I think all contrived celebration "poses" are silly, childish and unneeded; but I can't get any more excited about Finley's than Rodgers'. Maybe he will continue doing it until he gets a penalty, then he will stop. I can't get any more excited over that possible penalty than any of the others the team will get for dumb things they will do, or not do.

sharpe1027
11-09-2011, 08:02 AM
I can certainly see how Finley's "pose" might be viewed as being slightly over the fuzzy line of being acceptable. Nothing drastic about it, but it did make me think the pose was more about him and less about being excited about a good play. That's the part that bothers me and probably others, its getting close to the type of "hey look at me!" acts of T.O. and the WR formerly known as Chad Johnson.

On the other hand, he was probably just be trying to be funny. Rodger's belt move could be considered in the same light.

pbmax
11-09-2011, 08:13 AM
Who was he taunting? I mean, I know the rule. He went to his knees in celebration and got flagged. But who was he taunting? Finley was very clearly taunting someone, not raising his arms in celebration. The two acts aren't comparable IMO.

So its not the penalty but the taunting that concerns you? Nearly everything about sports today is geared for the highlight reel and ESPN, even tackles after a 3 yard gain. The headshots by defenders and strutting into the endzone for a score.

I did not see this play apparently (I have no memory of it so I must have gotten up) but even if he was taunting someone, my concern only begins if he gets flagged for it.

Upnorth
11-09-2011, 08:41 AM
Can we rename this thread "Jordy Nelson is doing great but lets all bitch about something that might happen because Finley is a jerk"

Zool
11-09-2011, 11:05 AM
Can we rename this thread "Jordy Nelson is doing great but lets all bitch about something that might happen because Finley is a jerk"

Too wordy. Lets go with "JN = good - JF = selfish, ass faced, immature, showboating fuck stick....maybe"

JH will be here to explain in detail what he doesnt like, Brandon will be here to counter every point and Patler will try to inject some logic into the discussion. And so are the days of our PR lives.

pbmax
11-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Hearing this song makes me think of being home sick from school and realizing that nothing good was going to be on TV until after 2:00 PM. Long wait...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Etj35ptu4A

mraynrand
11-09-2011, 11:28 AM
Finley was very clearly taunting someone 44 OBOALOO, Finley was just acting out, showing off, not taunting. At the very least, you have to admit that not everyone agrees with you.

sharpe1027
11-09-2011, 01:44 PM
Hearing this song makes me think of being home sick from school and realizing that nothing good was going to be on TV until after 2:00 PM. Long wait...

BF OBOALOO, Days of Our Lives was good TV.

http://www.ringthis.com/tv_drinking_games/days.htm

The Days of Our Lives Drinking Game
Take one drink when:

Sammy lusts after Austin.
Carrie whines about Austin to anyone who'll listen.
Marlena wears those awful green contacts.
Celeste warns Stefano about the "greater powers than yourself" (said in a mysteriously ambiguous accent)
Jon Black wears a solid-colored pocket-T.
Take two drinks when:

Kristen talks about being faithful.
Tony pretends not to see Kristen taking her birth control pills.
Grandma Horton tells Gina she's Hope.
Billie whines about getting married.
Bo talks about getting married in the snow.
Jack talks about getting Jennifer back.
Jennifer tells Peter its never gonna happen.
Take three drinks when:

The desecrater strikes.
Jon's eyebrow goes up.
Alan explains how he no longer is a "man" (and if he is no longer a "man" why doesn't he talk like a boy soprano?)
Every time Lucas tells Sammie to give it up.

Guiness
11-09-2011, 04:50 PM
BF OBOALOO, Days of Our Lives was good TV.

http://www.ringthis.com/tv_drinking_games/days.htm

The Days of Our Lives Drinking Game
Take one drink when:

Oh, oh, you forgot the biggest one! Well, or maybe you left it out because you didn't want to get totally shitfaced.

Victor double crosses someone

MJZiggy
11-09-2011, 05:00 PM
I thought Stefano died while I was still in college...If you have to take 3 drinks every time Jon lifts an eyebrow, you'll never make through the hour.

HarveyWallbangers
11-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Steve Smith rowing his boat against the Vikings a week after the "Love Boat" scandal is still the best celebration of all-time. Aaron has the belt celebration. I'd give Finley the edge with the YOTTO celebration--even though I don't know what the hell it stands for.

vince
11-09-2011, 05:48 PM
Steve Smith rowing his boat against the Vikings a week after the "Love Boat" scandal is still the best celebration of all-time. Aaron has the belt celebration. I'd give Finley the edge with the YOTTO celebration--even though I don't know what the hell it stands for.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Yotto
Yotto - one who is great..has all power and huge cock. Is almost like god except he walks the earth. Is gorgeous and has sex -apeal. There can be only one Yotto. All others bow to him for Yotto is the greatest.

J-Mike has made up YOTTO to stand for Year Of The Take Over so people don't have to be talking about his huge cock all the time.

pbmax
11-09-2011, 06:35 PM

Classic. I had forgotten that one. Simply fantastic. That event also led to a great Halloween costume.

NSFW: http://harlanrusso.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/viking-cruise.jpg?w=400&h=282

pbmax
11-09-2011, 06:36 PM
BTW, Chad Johnson putting the football with the orange pylon is still my favorite, unless its Billy "White Shoes" Johnson's dance.

gbgary
11-09-2011, 06:37 PM

never saw that but wish i had. that's brilliant.

Fritz
11-09-2011, 07:15 PM
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Yotto
Yotto - one who is great..has all power and huge cock. Is almost like god except he walks the earth. Is gorgeous and has sex -apeal. There can be only one Yotto. All others bow to him for Yotto is the greatest.

J-Mike has made up YOTTO to stand for Year Of The Take Over so people don't have to be talking about his huge cock all the time.

Isn't it the Vikings' tight end, Visgoth Shiancoe, or whatever the hell his name is, whose cock Brad Childress drooled over in its largesse and largeness?

Hmm. Shiancoe or Finley? Let's let Jenn Sterger judge that one.

Gunakor
11-10-2011, 12:12 AM
BTW, Chad Johnson putting the football with the orange pylon is still my favorite

He put on a good show for his fans. I liked most of Chad's TD celebrations.

Tony Oday
11-10-2011, 07:41 AM
Visanthe also owns a porn company.

Best celebration is Barry Sanders. Hand the ball to the ref and act like you have done it before.

Gunakor
11-10-2011, 08:11 AM
Best celebration is Barry Sanders. Hand the ball to the ref and act like you have done it before.

Classiest is Charles Woodson's handshake with his teammates. Act like you've been there before but still congratulate each other on a job well done.

But I don't mind them celebrating if the show is for the fans rather than the opponent. So I didn't like when T.O. celebrated on Dallas' star while he was a Niner, didn't like when John Abraham mocked AR's belt in the playoffs, didn't like Finley's pose and stare... Things like that cross the line IMO. But doing the riverdance or putting the football with the pylon or doing CPR on the ball is just some amateur yet somewhat amusing entertainment for the fans. I have no problem with those celebrations at all.

sharpe1027
11-10-2011, 08:24 AM
I thought Stefano died while I was still in college...If you have to take 3 drinks every time Jon lifts an eyebrow, you'll never make through the hour.

First, Stefano has died about a dozen times. Second, nobody said it would be easy. :)

smuggler
11-10-2011, 01:36 PM
Why would John Abraham have celebrated anything in the playoff game? Didn't Rodgers juke him out of his jock like 6 times?

Smidgeon
11-10-2011, 01:38 PM
I think the official correctly interpreted it as not intentionally having been directed at the opponent. It was just something Finley did toward no one in particular.yup. I agree. Finley is a young hotspur, but he's keeping it mostly under control. I hope to see many more YOTTO's in the endzone for Green Bay this year and for years to come.

I don't know. In years past, Finley's made a big time catch then just stared at the defender who failed to stop him. :D

Cheesehead Craig
11-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Loved Merton Hanks' bobblehead dance.

Bossman641
11-10-2011, 03:36 PM
Are we really arguing this much about Finley crossing his arms and legs? Watch any other game and you will see celebrations that are much, much worse. The whole league revolves around the skill position players taking a look-at-me attitude. Personally, I'm not a big fan of Driver's celebration. Was Finley's celebration really that much worse than Driver's shoulder shake and signal first down? This is getting way overblown.

If anything, Finley should have gotten flagged because his celebration was lame. You have to come with something better than that JF!!

smuggler
11-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Merton Hanks and Todd Light were living bobbleheads.

Bossman has the best user pic.

Fritz
11-10-2011, 06:15 PM
Here. This one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHQgPoAlKZw

Gunakor
11-11-2011, 12:16 AM
Was Finley's celebration really that much worse than Driver's shoulder shake and signal first down?

Yes, because his staredown and facial expression was an intended part of his "celebration". That wasn't even a celebratory act in the first place as far as I'm concerned. His YOTTO or whatever the fuck that is after scoring a TD is a celebratory act. His pose and stare is a taunt. Surely you can understand the difference.

Iron Mike
11-11-2011, 06:52 AM
http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=251305&d=1310653485

All hail the biggest attention ho EVAR!!!!

Zool
11-11-2011, 09:21 AM
Yes, because his staredown and facial expression was an intended part of his "celebration". That wasn't even a celebratory act in the first place as far as I'm concerned. His YOTTO or whatever the fuck that is after scoring a TD is a celebratory act. His pose and stare is a taunt. Surely you can understand the difference.

Not to pile on here, but all celebration is a big Fuck You to your opponent whether you look directly at them or not. If you don't like Finely thats cool, but just own up to it.

Fritz
11-11-2011, 09:56 AM
I'm with Zool on this one.

The funny part of it all is that I think the nonchalant tossing of the ball to the official is the biggest fuck you of all to your opponent.

mraynrand
11-11-2011, 10:07 AM
Scoring points is the biggest F-you. How gauche!