PDA

View Full Version : Haynesworth Released.

Upnorth
11-08-2011, 01:38 PM
We won't go for him, but do you think he might help our pass rush?

I say bring him in and if he does not practice well, kick him to the curb before the game. He only has to get by 29 teams to get to us.

MadScientist
11-08-2011, 01:54 PM
Not a Packer person.

He did nothing for NE, and NE's defense isn't any better than Green Bay's.

Smeefers
11-08-2011, 01:57 PM
God please for the love of god no. Send him to the raiders.

Packers4Glory
11-08-2011, 02:03 PM
he's a 4-3 guy. but we are so thin on the DL you almost have to take a look.

mraynrand
11-08-2011, 02:07 PM
Sign him up! I'm sure someone's head needs stomping upon! Preferably Dominic Raiola's.

sheepshead
11-08-2011, 02:10 PM
Come on now, I know some on here were clamoring for this guy. There's still some "TT sucks let's bring out the checkbook" guys left, no?

Freak Out
11-08-2011, 02:32 PM
With his attitude and work ethic all your going to get is trouble. What a waste.

gbgary
11-08-2011, 03:02 PM
since finley doesn't fit, this guy would be a fucking disaster.

Upnorth
11-08-2011, 03:22 PM
I think this sums up most peoples feelings so far.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6641375/the-best-worst-chase-scene

Disaster in motion

Guiness
11-08-2011, 03:50 PM
he's a 4-3 guy. but we are so thin on the DL you almost have to take a look.

This.

Even ignoring everything else (no mean feat) the whole fiasco started with him not wanting to play in a 3-4 in Washington...

Unbelievable he wouldn't play in NE. When he went there, I thought he might still have some desire that would be re-kindled there. I mean, he's got his money (from Washington) why did he bother going to NE and not make an effort?

red
11-08-2011, 03:53 PM
let me say this. he's been cut, he's gonna pass through wavers. then someone might sign him to the vet minimum

he just might play his ass off the rest of the year trying to get another big contract

he plays like a beast for the second half of the season, then you dump his ass before he gets paid

however, he is the exact opposite of packer people

Brandon494
11-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Not a snow ball chance in hell

red
11-08-2011, 04:00 PM

Disaster in motion

WTF was that?

do the laws of physics not apply in India? why were all those cars randomly blowing up? did the enter a wormhole that transported then from an urban downtown areas to the top of a rural mountain?

my brain hurts after that

TennesseePackerBacker
11-08-2011, 04:33 PM

Disaster in motion

Michael Bay's first film? I had no idea he was Indian.

Tony Oday
11-08-2011, 04:45 PM
I for one actually wouldnt mind seeing him here...Grady Jackson remake without the judgements for not paying people? F at least he is NFL talent that can be in the rotation to keep Pickett and BJ from getting too worn out. It wont happen but there are enough guys on this team that could shut him the hell up.

MadScientist
11-08-2011, 05:11 PM
I for one actually wouldnt mind seeing him here...Grady Jackson remake without the judgements for not paying people? F at least he is NFL talent that can be in the rotation to keep Pickett and BJ from getting too worn out. It wont happen but there are enough guys on this team that could shut him the hell up.
Not when he plays like he doesn't give a damn.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/08/haynesworth-gave-up-against-giants/
Looks like he got his money and nothing else is important to him. Not worth vet minimum, especially on this team.

Noodle
11-08-2011, 05:44 PM
I'll admit I was one of the guys who wanted TT to mortgage the house to bring in Haynesworth when he left the Titans. I still think he'd be worth the relatively small amount of money it would take to bring him in.

We can wait for Neal to get healthy, but I think that may be more foolish than giving Haynesworth a try.

Besides, we need something to spice things up -- there's precious little to complain about the way things are going now, and we need some forum fodder!

Packers4Glory
11-08-2011, 06:45 PM
I don't see a real downside considering how bad this defense has been....Right now the offense can't have an off day. I just don't see him coming in here and acting a fool w/ the guys we have in the locker room. We've given bigger social fuck ups a shot than this guy who came w/ some risk. You give him a shot w/ a no tolerance policy. First time he does something detrimental to the team, he's out on his ass. Its a no lose situation and we really are thin on the D line. He doesn't have to be a pro bowl performer...he just has to do well enough to get some sort of rotation going so Raji and Pickett don't wear out. Raji just don't look the same as the guy who played all those snaps last yr.

sheepshead
11-08-2011, 06:46 PM
I'll admit I was one of the guys who wanted TT to mortgage the house to bring in Haynesworth when he left the Titans. I still think he'd be worth the relatively small amount of money it would take to bring him in.

We can wait for Neal to get healthy, but I think that may be more foolish than giving Haynesworth a try.

Besides, we need something to spice things up -- there's precious little to complain about the way things are going now, and we need some forum fodder!

:-)

Harlan Huckleby
11-08-2011, 07:00 PM
he just might play his ass off the rest of the year trying to get another big contract

he plays like a beast for the second half of the season, then you dump his ass before he gets paid

he might be humbled by getting cut, too. I doubt he is going to object to playing 3-4 now that he has hit the skids.

Packers once did well by signing another troubled teen, andre rison.

packers desperately need a credible body for d-line. maybe Haynesworth has bad mental problems, or is using drugs. I can't say we should sign him, but you have to consider it.

Brandon494
11-08-2011, 10:03 PM
Consider it my ass, the dude has no heart and has no place on this team. Thankfully TT is our GM and knows that and won't just sign him because of his name.

mraynrand
11-08-2011, 10:07 PM
Americans believe in fifth chances

channtheman
11-08-2011, 10:15 PM
Americans believe in fifth chances

:lol:

Upnorth
11-09-2011, 08:53 AM
Is there any harm in bringing him in for a practice to see if he can contribute? Do you know he is worse than our backups and wont be motivated with the strong chance for a ring?
Our DL needs help period.

Cheesehead Craig
11-09-2011, 08:57 AM
Consider it my ass, the dude has no heart and has no place on this team. Thankfully TT is our GM and knows that and won't just sign him because of his name.

This.

Haynesworth got his money and he's quit trying. No room for quitters on this team.

Upnorth
11-09-2011, 09:07 AM
This.

Haynesworth got his money and he's quit trying. No room for quitters on this team.

So dont even see if he might try? If he is a quitter in the game you will see it in practice.

Packers4Glory
11-09-2011, 09:17 AM
It's really a no risk move w/ nothing but upside. like I said, he shows any signs of being a cancer he gets shown the door. TT has brought in guys like Koren Robinson plus guys already on the roster have messed up and been given a shot. Haynesworth is only accused of being lazy and a bad locker room guy. If he doesn't fit or looks like he quit....C-ya buddy.

Harlan Huckleby
11-09-2011, 09:24 AM
like I said, he shows any signs of being a cancer he gets shown the door.

I'm not entirely sure how the nfl works, but since H is a vet, aren't the Pats required to pay his salary even tho they cut him? If the pack picks him up, they get the contract obligation.

maybe somebody knows how this works, but I think there is some risk in signing him.

He is a big, powerful guy. You have to take a look, figure out exactly why he was cut.

Pugger
11-09-2011, 09:34 AM
I pray not one single team even gives this slouch a try-out! Anybody that does is rewarding this indolent's behavior. If I were TT I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole no matter how much our d is struggling.

retailguy
11-09-2011, 09:37 AM
I'm not entirely sure how the nfl works, but since H is a vet, aren't the Pats required to pay his salary even tho they cut him? If the pack picks him up, they get the contract obligation.

maybe somebody knows how this works, but I think there is some risk in signing him.

He is a big, powerful guy. You have to take a look, figure out exactly why he was cut.

If he goes unclaimed, the Pats are responsible for his salary, IF he chooses his "one time election" of termination pay. Even if he gets signed after that, the Pats can still be on the hook for that if Albert wants it.

If he's claimed, the new team picks up his existing contract and the Pats are off the hook, so to speak.

retailguy
11-09-2011, 09:38 AM
I pray not one single team even gives this slouch a try-out! Anybody that does is rewarding this indolent's behavior. If I were TT I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole no matter how much our d is struggling.

So, you want him to be able to scream "collusion"? I hope he gets a bunch of tryouts, and then gets no offers.

gbgary
11-09-2011, 09:49 AM
besides all of the above reasons not to pick him up the fact that we run a 3-4 is the ender. he hates the 3-4. that's what washington runs and he refused to adapt.

edit...hehe didn't notice it's been mentioned already. d'oh!

Cheesehead Craig
11-09-2011, 09:57 AM
So dont even see if he might try? If he is a quitter in the game you will see it in practice.

He's already proven that he's quit. Why bring him in just to see it in person? He quit in Washington and he quit in NE. If a player can't get motivated to play for a perennial SB contender in NE how is his attitude going to change here? Answer: it won't.

Guiness
11-09-2011, 12:17 PM
If he goes unclaimed, the Pats are responsible for his salary, IF he chooses his "one time election" of termination pay. Even if he gets signed after that, the Pats can still be on the hook for that if Albert wants it.

If he's claimed, the new team picks up his existing contract and the Pats are off the hook, so to speak.

Right - his full salary for the year was guaranteed when he was on the roster for day 1 of the season.

As far as this year, there's not much of a 'hook'. His base salary was reduced, I think down to $1.5million, so a team picking him up would have to pay $750K for the remainder of the year. NE got him on a 1yr 'prove it' deal, his salary for next year is much higher, with some bonuses it's $7 or $8million I think.

channtheman
11-09-2011, 02:37 PM

He went to the Patriots and failed. If Haynseworth had anything left, you would have seen it in New England.

Packers4Glory
11-09-2011, 03:12 PM
I def wouldn't put in a claim on him...but I'd guess every team will let him pass waivers.

vince
11-09-2011, 03:20 PM
Tampa has claimed Haynesworth. I guess they felt their chemistry was too good and their young d-linemen had too many positive influences.

Obviously, he'll be coming to GB in 2 weeks.

Guiness
11-09-2011, 03:46 PM
They can have him. Sapps is long gone, Hovan's not there anymore, so they need at least one moron at DT.

I don't know why anyone would want to look at this guy. You have to think it would just be a waste of time.

mraynrand
11-09-2011, 04:04 PM
Tampa has claimed Haynesworth. I guess they felt their chemistry was too good and their young d-linemen had too many positive influences.

Obviously, he'll be coming to GB in 2 weeks.

Their run defense is in shambles. They really have nothing to lose.

Brandon494
11-09-2011, 04:38 PM
Bucs put in a claim for him prob because they lost their DT McCoy for the season.

Fritz
11-09-2011, 07:09 PM
Americans believe in fifths

Fixed.