PDA

View Full Version : the problem with 8-0

Upnorth
11-10-2011, 06:31 PM
Is we have nothing galvanizing to talk or agonize over. One of the best discussions has been about a days of our lives drinking game which evolved out of a thread dedicated to jordy nelson that was derailed by finley slander.

I have two suggestions for discussion
1 fire slocum (personal cause de jour)
2 how do we improve our pass rush with what we got.

Seriously, improving our pass rush is key to our title defence. The problem is our horses are injured and we havn't gotten replacement depth like last year. Will so'to make any impact soon or at least at play offs? Can neal be available by playoffs? Who can push jones in front of a bus to clear a usable roster spot? Are there any ps players on other teams which may contribute here? What scheme changes can help raji get pressure?

Unfortunatley I have nothing but ?'s for our dl, no answers.

(There has been good discussion, I'm just being a drama queen and I haven't seen much discussion on the dl besides it kinda sucks this year.)

Guiness
11-10-2011, 06:53 PM
But, but - didn't Slocum just get a 5yr extension? It must be true, I saw it in a thread here!

hoosier
11-10-2011, 07:49 PM
I don't know, I am not seeing an improved pass rush in the Packers near future. If they are going to turn things around on defense, I think it will come about because certain guys in the secondary start to become aware of their responsibilities and honor them. But I kind of expect them to continue to perform like those SD Chargers teams from the early 1980s.

Tony Oday
11-10-2011, 08:06 PM
So'oto gets the nod and MM gives BJ a triple cheeseburger for evry sack!
Fire slocum

gbgary
11-11-2011, 12:05 AM
So'oto gets the nod and MM gives BJ for evry sack!
Fire slocum

huh?!

Guiness
11-11-2011, 01:06 AM
huh?!

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2008/10/gam_trainwreck_490.jpg

Iron Mike
11-11-2011, 06:46 AM
http://www.filehurricane.com/viewerthumbnails/810200831016PM_BunnyPancake.jpg

Upnorth
11-11-2011, 07:26 PM
Back during trÁining camp wasn't bennent proclaiming walden was the second coming? Did he get injured and I missed it?

MJZiggy
11-11-2011, 07:35 PM
Back during trÁining camp wasn't bennent proclaiming walden was the second coming? Did he get injured and I missed it?

Depends what he was the second coming of...

Tony Oday
11-11-2011, 08:44 PM
huh?!
if it works...

Pugger
11-11-2011, 08:50 PM
Wha.......? :cnf: :huh:

Harlan Huckleby
11-11-2011, 09:26 PM
sports is about challenge, the thrill of victory, the agony of dah feet. if things are just rolling along predictably, it doesn't spark interest. last year was intense. why else would people go to amusement parks to ride roller coasters?

ND72
11-11-2011, 09:38 PM
I really like the mind set of this team... 7 day season, that's become kind of a moto for them. I've read from a few places now of players talking about how competitive practice is and how everyone keeps everyone accountable. I also like how the 8-0 Packers are the least talked about anything on sportscenter or nfl network. I know there are discussions on them from time to time, but the failures of the eagles and chargers as well as the rise of the lions and 49ers take most the headlines.

ThunderDan
11-11-2011, 09:45 PM
The true problem with 8-0 is you are only half way to 16-0.

sheepshead
11-12-2011, 07:16 AM
Let's beat the Vikings

pbmax
11-12-2011, 08:35 AM
I like how this team can talk about normally taboo sports subjects (Woodson/Peprah on going unbeaten, Barnett/Finley/Rodgers on the photo-flap before the Super Bowl, etc.) without engendering a media frenzy that distracts the team. Its almost as if sanity has returned to the public realm at times.

Or that such things don't distract as much as one would think when you are a good team.

Pugger
11-12-2011, 09:12 AM
Did players in NE talk about going undefeated in 2007? :cnf: If they did I don't recall a media frenzy then either.

pbmax
11-12-2011, 10:58 AM
Did players in NE talk about going undefeated in 2007? :cnf: If they did I don't recall a media frenzy then either.

I don't recall anything specific to the Patriots. But I do recall the hullabaloo over the Colts resting/not resting starters in their campaigns.

And to be fair, the Packers haven't faced a decision yet that would easily transfer into the public realm of debate like whether they will rest starters or not.

gbgary
11-12-2011, 11:06 AM
http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:forums.corvetteforum.com/get/images/smilies/lol.gif

forgot i posted in this thread.

swede
11-12-2011, 08:22 PM
Huh...I remembered I didn't.

I liked the bunny.

Woodson is slow and old, but I think the Packers are completely dialed into a "win one week at a time" mentality thanks to his vocal, veteran leadership.

Upnorth
11-13-2011, 08:43 AM
So if whether neal is back for the playoffs or not, what has happened to Walden?

pbmax
11-13-2011, 09:37 AM
So if whether neal is back for the playoffs or not, what has happened to Walden?

Well, according to McGinn he played his best game of the year versus the Bolts. I thought he was better, esp. in pressure on the QB, but wasn't quite that excited - though I have not rewatched the game.

The question now is whether it was a one time thing or whether he can really pick it up from here on out. He was going against Marcus McNeil for most of the game, so his competition was pretty good.

CaliforniaCheez
11-13-2011, 09:52 AM
The problems with winning the lottery are taxes and people bothering you all the time for money.

The problem with the hot girlfriend is guys are always bothering her with stupid stuff while you are fighting the last idiot.

The problems with 8-0 are considered nitpicking by many when you mention them.

There are so many problems.......

Upnorth
11-13-2011, 10:47 AM
I hate it when they give me whole milk instead of non fat!

CC, I don't mean to seem petty, I just want dominance from gate to line!

gbgary
11-13-2011, 02:00 PM
I hate it when they give me whole milk instead of non fat!

hopefully the next draft will be defense heavy so maybe it can get closer to our offense.

CaliforniaCheez
11-13-2011, 02:11 PM

So do I. It is difficult to improve much more if you are the undefeated World Champions.

Upnorth
11-13-2011, 02:20 PM
All I want for christmas is 50ppg for us and 10 ppg for them. Some call me demanding, but screw them.