PDA

View Full Version : Official Week 10 Other Games Thread

Joemailman
11-13-2011, 11:37 AM
Some Pretty Good Games Today:

New Orleans (6-3) at Atlanta (5-3)...Battle for 1st place in the NFCS

Pittsburgh (6-3) at Cincinnati (6-2) Are Bengals for real? Does Carson Palmer feel like an idiot?

Houston (6-3) at Tampa Bay (4-4) Houston needs to win to stay atop AFCS. Tampa Bay needs a win to stay in wild card race.

Detroit (6-2) at Chicago (5-3) I think winner of this game probably will take 2nd in NFCN.

New York Giants (6-2) at San Francisco (7-1) Huge playoff implications here. Giants need this one if they want a chance at playoff bye.

New England (5-3) at New York Jets (5-3) Battle for 1st in AFCE.

Fritz
11-13-2011, 11:41 AM
So from the perspective of a Packer fan, for whom do we root? Chicago and the Jints?

pbmax
11-13-2011, 11:46 AM
http://packerrats.com/showthread.php?23140-Idiocy-of-NFL-scheduling&p=631286&viewfull=1#post631286

Home Field advantage is important financially to the Packers. You ought to be cheering for the Giants to beat the 49'ers, the Bears to beat the Lions and the Falcons to beat the Saints.

PackerRats beat writer and playoff tiebreak guru has already weighed in and it looks like Fritz is correct.

Joemailman
11-13-2011, 11:46 AM
Not sure who I want to win Bears/Lions. I think Bears will win though. I would like to see 49ers lose. Their weak schedule does make them a threat to get the #1 seed in playoffs.

packers11
11-13-2011, 11:47 AM
if the packers had to go to San Fran for the NFC Champ game, I wouldn't be to worred... The packers are a heavy passing team anyway, the cold favors San Fran in a lot of ways they play...

Although I don't think San Fran will make it to the NFC Champ game, the only place i'd be worried playing is the Dome in New Orleans (which probably wont happen).

Upnorth
11-13-2011, 12:57 PM
I'm cheering for giants and large earthquackes in detroit. Last year it was minn dome destruction,this year it can be det 's turn.

Also I think arod in NO's dome would be great to see at some point, hopefully in a sb!

Joemailman
11-13-2011, 02:04 PM
Why is CBS making me watch Buffalo/Dallas when the Steelers/Bengals have a great game going?

MJZiggy
11-13-2011, 02:07 PM
CBS doesn't even have football on here. I'm stuck with the Dolphins/Redskins for goddsakes.

gbgary
11-13-2011, 02:23 PM
dal killing buff, hou killing tb, ten killing car. everything else too close to cal with den, pit, phil, cle, no, mia, up by small margins. how do you non-wisconsin non-directv people stand it?

MJZiggy
11-13-2011, 02:28 PM
We watch what's on tv and if it's really important, we find a link.

CaliforniaCheez
11-13-2011, 02:33 PM
Go Giants, give the Packers a 2 game lead in the conference.

Go Bears, give the Packers a 3 game lead in the division plus the head to head tiebreaker.

gbgary
11-13-2011, 02:36 PM
We watch what's on tv and if it's really important, we find a link.

a link...forgot about that. that's cool.

no about to take control in atl,
den up by 10 (i find myself rooting for the broncos),
mia in good shape up by 11.

gbgary
11-13-2011, 02:40 PM
jax in control of indy. forgot about this game.

gbgary
11-13-2011, 02:41 PM
stl go up by 1 on cle. come on cle.

gbgary
11-13-2011, 02:42 PM
dream time tied up by ari. lol

gbgary
11-13-2011, 02:57 PM
chip-shot fg for cle messed up by the snapper. ouch

gbgary
11-13-2011, 02:59 PM
chief's stadium empty with 1:30 left. :D

MJZiggy
11-13-2011, 03:11 PM
a link...forgot about that. that's cool.

no about to take control in atl,
den up by 10 (i find myself rooting for the broncos),
mia in good shape up by 11.

NO and Atl going to OT

gbgary
11-13-2011, 03:19 PM
atl d being tough.

gbgary
11-13-2011, 03:20 PM
ari up on phil but phil driving.

gbgary
11-13-2011, 03:22 PM
vick int to win it for ari. lol

gbgary
11-13-2011, 03:30 PM
gutsy call on 4th and inches...ouch. no should win this. atl coach always gets burned when he's being selfish. remember last year just before halftime?! wanted one more play to get a little closer for fg. lol

pittstang5
11-13-2011, 04:25 PM
Ok, so who do we not want to win in the lions / Bears game. I know a tie is the best for us, but not likely to happen.

gbgary
11-13-2011, 04:43 PM
sea beating balt? wow...

as for det and chi...i just hope they beat the living shit out of each other.

Guiness
11-13-2011, 04:55 PM
vick int to win it for ari. lol

What was that sound? The last wheel falling off the wagon?

gbpackfan
11-13-2011, 04:58 PM
1. I think I want the Bears to win. Ugh, that is really hard to type. But that would give both of those teams 3 losses.

2. Why the fuck does the NFL allow Earl Bennett to keep wearing those ugly ass orange shoes??? He was fined $5,000 for wearing them last week. So what does he do? Wear them again! Why is this so difficult for the NFL to figure out? Change your ugly ass shoes, or you can't play! And what do they do with him now? He could obvisouly care less about the uniform rules and is putting it right in their face.

3. The Lions D looks beyond pathetic on grass. The Bears WR are open, wide open. Looks like our D. Sad to say.

4. Suh is a dirty motha-fucka. I don't care what anyone says. Just watch him. Mr. Cheap shot.

gbpackfan
11-13-2011, 05:23 PM
TAKE OFF THOSE STUPID GLOVES STAFFORD. What a pussy! Wind gloves. No shit. Im not making that up. He wore gloves because of the wind!!!!

I hate all QBs who wear gloves. That one glove thing is so stupid looking too. Big ben the fat rapist, Tom Brady the pussy whipped pretty boy, and worst of all Josh "regressing by the game" Freeman look soooo stupid with that one glove look. Take off the glove! Or gloves! IDIOTS!

Guiness
11-13-2011, 05:35 PM
Watching the Bears/Lions now.

Lions on fire to start the 3rd quarter. As in, their house is burning down! 2 pick sixes less than 2 minutes apart!

Add in a Hester punt return, and who knows if Detroit D is any good. They aren't on the field when Chicago scores.

Guiness
11-13-2011, 05:39 PM
Isn't Forte supposed to be fast? I don't know, haven't seen enough of him.

He broke through the line, got into the open field and had a step on everyone...but got pulled down from behind by a safety.

Upnorth
11-13-2011, 05:41 PM
So I hope the gb staff are dvring the lions undressing. Who did not have sea up on bal? Are the giants that good at running or have the niners played poor running teams?

Guiness
11-13-2011, 05:59 PM
Fairley just cost himself $40K.

Wouldn't bother me if there was something else the league could do. That was unnecessary. The hit was initially legal, but then he drove Cutler to the ground and landed his entire weight on the QB's shoulder.

edit: and the officials better calm things down. Lance Briggs just took some revenge, on Calvin J. Drove his shoulder under his chin just as he caught the ball. Another 15yard penalty

Guiness
11-13-2011, 06:02 PM
And here we go! a hockey game just broke out!

gbpackfan
11-13-2011, 06:20 PM
The Briggs hit was football. What is Briggs going to do in that situation? Megatron ducked down, and he is tall as hell, and Briggs laid the wood. Should he try and tackle his ankles on a bang, bang play? The players should ask "What should I do in that situation then?" There are too many calls like that now. The defenders can no longer lay big hits on WRs. That call was BS.

King Friday
11-13-2011, 06:43 PM
So I hope the gb staff are dvring the lions undressing. Who did not have sea up on bal? Are the giants that good at running or have the niners played poor running teams?

Niners haven't really played anyone...esp offensively. Won't all year. They miss out on facing teams with above average offensive talent. They will be the #2 seed in the NFC and fold like a cheap suit to somebody I think...if that other team is NO/ATL (which could be likely).

NFL is wide open this year...everyone has a considerable flaw which seems to have the potential to be exposed by someone. Matchups are really going to determine who gets to the Super Bowl. For Green Bay, we will have our way with any team that doesn't possess a good defense. The Bears and Giants seem to be the teams that are most likely to sink our boat.

Old School
11-13-2011, 06:54 PM
Calvin Johnson just walked off the field looking like he lost his last friend. Oh, so sad. Johnson promised a special TD celebration because he got cheated out of a TD last year. I must have missed the celebrating. Oh wait....

Stafford tried to get into tthe cheap shot suff by trying to rip D J Moore's helmet off. Must be a Lion thing. Once all hell broke loose, Mr Tough Guy slinked off away like a wuss. And as usual the 2nd guy gets busted .Stafford's QB rating was like 32 and he lost his tiff with Moore. The NFL office will spend hours going over this game film asessing fines.

I know I'm not supposed to vheer for Da Bear, but I'm really getting into watching a dirty Detroit team get their butts kicked. Not only is Detroit dirty, but they don't know how to win graciously either.

pbmax
11-13-2011, 06:59 PM
I don't care what anyone else says. I love the discount double check ad. :)

Old School
11-13-2011, 07:05 PM
"HEY RODGERS: DISCOUT DOUBLECHECK."

I laugh every time I see it.

Fritz
11-13-2011, 07:06 PM
"Stafford tried to get into tthe cheap shot suff by trying to rip D J Moore's helmet off. Must be a Lion thing. Once all hell broke loose, Mr Tough Guy slinked off away like a wuss."

I wanted to comment on this. He pulled Moore down by grabbing the back of his helmet and pulling it forward and down...but I missed the part where the going got tough and he slunk off.

Lions unraveled today. Interesting to see how they respond next week. Part of their problem was no Jahvid Best and thus no running game whatsoever. Plus Stafford was horrible today.

channtheman
11-13-2011, 07:20 PM
I don't care what anyone else says. I love the discount double check ad. :)

Honestly, I think most folks up in Wisconsin can relate to the guy at the end that goes "RODGERS"! :lol:

gbpackfan
11-13-2011, 07:21 PM
The 49ers probably have one of the two byes already wrapped up. They play their garbage division a bunch more times. The only two losses I can see are maybe against Baltimore and Pittsburgh. But then again, Baltimore lost to the Seachickens today.

I hope the Bears are peaking at the wrong time because they look tough to beat right now. But a lot can change. Our D needs to pick it up, that is for sure.

Fritz
11-13-2011, 07:26 PM
I know it's a long season and most anything can happen, but the Iggles sure pooped the bed again, and it's not looking so good for them when you've got a couple 6-3 teams ahead of them for a wildcard and the Cowboys and Jints playing reasonably well.

Cheesehead Craig
11-13-2011, 07:28 PM
4. Suh is a dirty motha-fucka. I don't care what anyone says. Just watch him. Mr. Cheap shot.

Agreed. He can be a dominating player but yet another QB helmet gets ripped off when he's tackling him. There's hard-nosed football and then there's dirty play. Add in the shove on Cutler on an incomplete pass after he takes 4 steps and he's a dirty player.

ThunderDan
11-13-2011, 07:39 PM
The 49ers probably have one of the two byes already wrapped up. They play their garbage division a bunch more times. The only two losses I can see are maybe against Baltimore and Pittsburgh. But then again, Baltimore lost to the Seachickens today.

I hope the Bears are peaking at the wrong time because they look tough to beat right now. But a lot can change. Our D needs to pick it up, that is for sure.

I am not worried about the Bears. Take away the 2 pick sixes that Rodgers doesn't throw and the special teams TD and the game is 16-6 thru 3 quarters. The Bears had at most 250 yarrds of offense. Cutler goes 9/19 for 123.

The Bears D is for real but we put 27 up on them in CHI. As long as we don't turn the ball over I am not worried about CHI being able to put up 28 points.

Old School
11-13-2011, 07:46 PM
As an object lesson on how spoiled we are with AR, here are some QB ratings from today's games.
Ryan 81.5
Roethlesberger 83.5
Dalton 61.8
Bradford 71.8
Fitzpatrick 46.6
Gabbert 77.1
Painter 40.1
Cassel 66.5
Grossman 58.7
Moore 75.2
Vick 32.5
Skelton 82.8
Freeman 33.6
Hasselbeck 79.1
Newton 61.7
Stafford 46.3
Cutler 68.5
Rivers 72.5

Do we have it good or what?

channtheman
11-13-2011, 07:52 PM
As an object lesson on how spoiled we are with AR, here are some QB ratings from today's games.
Ryan 81.5
Roethlesberger 83.5
Dalton 61.8
Bradford 71.8
Fitzpatrick 46.6
Gabbert 77.1
Painter 40.1
Cassel 66.5
Grossman 58.7
Moore 75.2
Vick 32.5
Skelton 82.8
Freeman 33.6
Hasselbeck 79.1
Newton 61.7
Stafford 46.3
Cutler 68.5
Rivers 72.5

Do we have it good or what?

Here's an imaginary conversation I had in my head with a Dallas Cowboy fan about Romo today.

Me: Hey man, pretty good game by Romo today, right?
Cowboy fan: Yeah, totally. A great game really.
Me: Yeah, us Packers fans get to see that every week.

Really though it is incredible watching Rodgers this year. He was good his first 3 years but this year is just incredible. If Eli Manning is now considered elite, Rodgers has to be in his own category higher than that. Maybe "otherworldly" or something like that.

Joemailman
11-13-2011, 08:02 PM
This is year 20 of the Packers having either Favre or Rodgers at QB. In 12 of those years (Favre 8 of 16 and Rodgers 4 of 4), the Packers QB has had a QB rating over 90. In the 309 regular season games since Favre became the starter, last year's New England game is the only game the Packers did not have their starting QB. Yeah, I'd say we're probably spoiled.

Guiness
11-13-2011, 08:20 PM
"Stafford tried to get into tthe cheap shot suff by trying to rip D J Moore's helmet off. Must be a Lion thing. Once all hell broke loose, Mr Tough Guy slinked off away like a wuss."

I wanted to comment on this. He pulled Moore down by grabbing the back of his helmet and pulling it forward and down...but I missed the part where the going got tough and he slunk off.

Lions unraveled today. Interesting to see how they respond next week. Part of their problem was no Jahvid Best and thus no running game whatsoever. Plus Stafford was horrible today.

The way he pulled Moore down was dirty - yanked his helmet all the way to the ground. Moore got up, ran back and took a shot at him. Pettigrew and another player stepped in immediately, and you can see Stafford exiting stage right.

Kind of a chicken shit move, but honestly, probably what you want your QB to do.

I didn't know what to think of the penalty assessed. Moore got 15 yards and an ejection, which I guess was warranted. It was a continuation, and sparked the scuffle that followed. But I thought Stafford should have been assessed some kind of a penalty, one that offset the 15 yards, at least.

Pretty warranted, IMO, but as I've mentioned before

vince
11-13-2011, 08:39 PM
Stafford was horrible today and that bush league move was even worse.

Freeman and Vick were even worse. That's hard to do.

pbmax
11-13-2011, 08:41 PM
Honestly, neither the Pats nor the Jets look intimidating tonight.

pbmax
11-13-2011, 09:52 PM
Sunday Night Game in a nutshell. The best part of the game is Gene Steratore replacing Hoculi as the king of Ref explanations.

Brady is good and so is Mangold. Everyone else is mediocre.

RashanGary
11-13-2011, 10:17 PM
One thing Brady does better than our guy is pace. They roll so fast, defenses have to stay simple.

RashanGary
11-13-2011, 10:19 PM
If I'm the Jets, I call a timeout and get some fresh DL in there. Even better, Pats go huddle.

RashanGary
11-13-2011, 10:27 PM
Brady loves those short passes. To Brady's credit, damn, he's on the same page with his pass catchers and they just eat those shallow zones alive. They work in tight areas, but everyone on that pass offense knows where to be. Brady trusts the route enough to throw that short pass with tight coverage rather than hang on and take the 2nd window.

There is a give take. With a statue like Brady, it makes more sense. I like the way ours works too. Two very different QB's.

gbgary
11-13-2011, 10:32 PM
done and dusted!

Joemailman
11-13-2011, 10:36 PM
Packers and Patriots in the Super Bowl.

gbgary
11-13-2011, 10:38 PM

careful...the gods may be watching/listening.

pbmax
11-13-2011, 10:56 PM
Either Sanchez is mediocre at best or they need a new O coordinator. They should have eaten that defense alive.

Brandon494
11-13-2011, 10:59 PM
Its Sanchez and they need a new O coordinator.

RashanGary
11-13-2011, 10:59 PM
I think we'd eat that defense alive. It's shocking to me how some of those plays, the WR's and TE's of the Jets just ran their route with no adjustment. NE was adjusting their routes away from the defensive leverage. The Packers do that. The Jets were just running their routes and giving up. It seems like the great offenses aren't complex by running a bagillion plays, but the plays they do run have adjustments built in.

The Jets offense leaves a lot to be desired. Sanchez plays too slow. He just looks unsure, late and even when a play is there, he's out of rhythm so much that he misses those too.

We'd battle those fuckers to the end.

Brandon494
11-13-2011, 11:01 PM

Packers and Texans...yea I said the Texans

Upnorth
11-13-2011, 11:11 PM
I would love to see the Packers and Colts in the super bowl, or maybe the Jaguars.

pittstang5
11-14-2011, 06:25 AM

I can totally see the Texans. Ravens, Pittsburgh and even the Patriots are so up and down at times, but the Texans seem to be rolling. Isn't Mario Williams out for the year too.

gbgary
11-14-2011, 11:03 AM
you people are flirtin' with disaster. :D

Freak Out
11-14-2011, 11:11 AM
How the fuck did Baltimore lose to Seattle...? Was it the 12th man? :)

Cheesehead Craig
11-14-2011, 11:27 AM
Either Sanchez is mediocre at best or they need a new O coordinator. They should have eaten that defense alive.

Sanchez sucks. The only reason he's discussed at all is due to being in NY. If he was in Jax with the performances he's had he would be labeled as a major disappointment and that a replacement needs to be considered.

Freak Out
11-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Holy shit. Flacco threw 52 times.

Joemailman
11-14-2011, 11:35 AM
How the fuck did Baltimore lose to Seattle...? Was it the 12th man? :)

Couldn't stop Tarvaris Jackson. But then, who can?

Guiness
11-14-2011, 04:10 PM
Holy shit. Flacco threw 52 times.

I'd like to hear the reasoning behind that. Rice ran 5 times?

Fritz
11-14-2011, 04:16 PM
Sanchez sucks. The only reason he's discussed at all is due to being in NY. If he was in Jax with the performances he's had he would be labeled as a major disappointment and that a replacement needs to be considered.

I absolutely agree. Sanchez has been brought along carefully, it's primarily a run offense, he just needs to be a caretaker, etc, etc, and he continues to sucketh. Journeyman. At best.

Joemailman
11-14-2011, 04:24 PM

Maybe, depending on Schaub's injury. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8241ea19/article/texans-already-rule-out-qb-schaub-for-week-12-vs-jaguars?module=HP11_breaking_news

Fritz
11-14-2011, 04:26 PM
I still think the guy should change his first name to "Charles."

pbmax
11-14-2011, 04:33 PM
I'd like to hear the reasoning behind that. Rice ran 5 times?

They were down almost two complete scores to the frightening Seachickens defense. I don't know what you expect them to do about that. :)

Seriously, the 'Hawks best trait on D is run defense, but even McCarthy got to 10-12 carries versus the Vikings formerly fearsome foursome.

Brandon494
11-14-2011, 05:13 PM
Maybe, depending on Schaub's injury. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8241ea19/article/texans-already-rule-out-qb-schaub-for-week-12-vs-jaguars?module=HP11_breaking_news

Ouch yea thats going to hurt their chances.

gbgary
11-14-2011, 06:03 PM

matt schaub out for the season? wow. they're done.

MJZiggy
11-14-2011, 06:22 PM

He's discussed because he's hot. I'm just sayin.