PDA

View Full Version : QB attrition around the league

Guiness
11-14-2011, 03:49 PM
A lot happening on the QB front around the league this week-end.

Vick broke a couple of ribs. Ouch! Vince Young in the offing?
On a side note about the Eagles, DeSean Jackson was absent for 'disciplinary reasons'. For a guy looking to get a monster extension, he hasn't done himself any favours.

Stafford has a broken finger, although it may have been happened the week before?

Schaub is in a walking boot, and is expected to miss some time. Leinart on deck.

Cassel has a cast on his throwing hand, is expected to be done for the season. Tyler Palko (??) is the second string

Wow...

Oh, and Rex is back in as the Redskins' starter. God I love that franchise! Beck is not injured.

mraynrand
11-14-2011, 03:55 PM
Oh, and Rex is back in as the Redskins' starter. God I love that franchise! Beck is not injured.

http://www.worldwide-web.com/JeffreyBabad/Simpsons/Milhouse/milhouse.gif

Fritz
11-14-2011, 04:17 PM
Dan Snyder is the Matt Millen of owners.

pbmax
11-14-2011, 04:29 PM
Dan Snyder is the Matt Millen of owners.

And Shanahan is turning into the Rich Kotite of coaches.

AtlPackFan
11-14-2011, 04:39 PM
A lot happening on the QB front around the league this week-end.

Vick broke a couple of ribs. Ouch! Vince Young in the offing?
On a side note about the Eagles, DeSean Jackson was absent for 'disciplinary reasons'. For a guy looking to get a monster extension, he hasn't done himself any favours.

Stafford has a broken finger, although it may have been happened the week before?

Schaub is in a walking boot, and is expected to miss some time. Leinart on deck.

Cassel has a cast on his throwing hand, is expected to be done for the season. Tyler Palko (??) is the second string

Wow...

Great post Guiness!

Unreal!! It just makes the fact that we have had one future Hall of Fame QB followed up by another potential HOF QB over almost a 2 decade span when just about every other team in the league has been going through a QB carousel.

Freak Out
11-14-2011, 05:12 PM
Schaub is done for the season I think......there goes the Texans.

pbmax
11-14-2011, 05:45 PM
Schaub is done for the season I think......there goes the Texans.

missed this. Seriously?

EDIT: Guess so, according to PFT. Schefter has him gone for the year, other reports are saying he is getting second and third opinions. Texans say its going to be at least several weeks. Welcome back Matt Leinart.

Upnorth
11-14-2011, 09:40 PM
Great thread Guiness. The texans are no longer my afc favorite.

smuggler
11-15-2011, 10:27 AM
Sucks to be the Texans! Seriously. Their entire season is down the tubes!

ThunderDan
11-15-2011, 10:34 AM
Sucks to be the Texans! Seriously. Their entire season is down the tubes!

The Texans most likely will make the playoffs with or without Shaub. The only team in their division that might get there is the Titans. They also have a 2 game lead for a wild card spot with 6 to play.

Upnorth
11-15-2011, 10:40 AM
The Texans most likely will make the playoffs with or without Shaub. The only team in their division that might get there is the Titans. They also have a 2 game lead for a wild card spot with 6 to play.

And then they will enjoy the rest of the playoffs from a couch like the rest of us.

Joemailman
11-15-2011, 10:43 AM
Wk Date Game Stadium Time (ET) Tickets Network DIRECTV SIRIUS Westwood One
11 Bye
12 Nov 27 HOU @ JAC EverBank Field 1:00 PM Tickets CBS 704

13 Dec 04 ATL @ HOU Reliant Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets FOX 712

14 Dec 11 HOU @ CIN Paul Brown Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets CBS 707

15 Dec 18 CAR @ HOU Reliant Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets FOX 710

16 Dec 22 HOU @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium 8:20 PM Tickets NFLN

17 Jan 01 TEN @ HOU Reliant Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets CBS 708

With their defense, they could possibly get to 10-6. Getting Andre Johnson back would help Leinart a lot.

smuggler
11-15-2011, 12:02 PM
Yeah, but what I meant was they will have no chance to win the trophy. Yeah, they might get to the playoffs, but can they win a playoff game?

mraynrand
11-15-2011, 12:03 PM
missed this. Seriously?

EDIT: Guess so, according to PFT. Schefter has him gone for the year, other reports are saying he is getting second and third opinions. Texans say its going to be at least several weeks. Welcome back Matt Leinart.

Normally a Lisfranc is 12 weeks non-weightbearing, after putting in pins - if it's a fracture/dislocation. It could be a more mild sprain, so it just depends how bad it is.

Guiness
11-15-2011, 01:48 PM
Wk Date Game Stadium Time (ET) Tickets Network DIRECTV SIRIUS Westwood One
11 Bye
12 Nov 27 HOU @ JAC EverBank Field 1:00 PM Tickets CBS 704

13 Dec 04 ATL @ HOU Reliant Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets FOX 712

14 Dec 11 HOU @ CIN Paul Brown Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets CBS 707

15 Dec 18 CAR @ HOU Reliant Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets FOX 710

16 Dec 22 HOU @ IND Lucas Oil Stadium 8:20 PM Tickets NFLN

17 Jan 01 TEN @ HOU Reliant Stadium 1:00 PM Tickets CBS 708

With their defense, they could possibly get to 10-6. Getting Andre Johnson back would help Leinart a lot.

That's not an easy sched. Jax is a divisional opponent on the road, but they should still get it done. Atl is looking for a playoff spot. Cincinnati, unbelievably, is doing well and they have to play them at home. Carolina's a wild card. Indi is a push, or course. Chris Johnson might finally be playing well, and could make that last game troublesome.

I see two games they could win with me at QB, and 4 games where Leinart will have to earn it. And there's no history to show that he can.