PDA

View Full Version : Bears | Brown to miss remainder of preseason

pack4to84
08-15-2006, 05:53 PM
Bears | Brown to miss remainder of preseason
Tue, 15 Aug 2006 12:42:23 -0700

Updating previous reports, ESPNews reports Chicago Bears S Mike Brown (Achilles') will miss the remainder of the preseason due to an Achilles' tendon injury.

This could be huge if he missed the Packer game. He was on the radio 670 and said something like this. "I think this is probably my last year with Chicago." He sounded like this injury is more severe then what Bears organization is saying.

pack4to84
08-15-2006, 06:07 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/output/sports/cst-spt-bear15.html

http://www.suntimes.com/output/bears/cst-spt-mully15.html

'I know if I don't play a lot of games this year, it's probably going to be my last year in this city,'' Brown said. ''I would think so. I am under contract, but that doesn't mean anything. That's how I feel. It might be totally untrue, but that's how I'm looking at it -- just the moves that have been made and players brought in. And they are good players, too. We have a lot of safeties that can play very good football.''

Willard
08-15-2006, 06:15 PM
In the article he stated that if this weekend's game was in the regular season he would play so it seems like he is not in really bad shape.

I was at the game 2 years ago when he ran back a fumble recovery for a 95 yd TD just before halftime (big bummer for the Pack :mad: ). Ironically, he blew out his Achilles' (the same one that is still bothering him) in the second half of that game (big bummer for him :shock: ).

hurleyfan
08-15-2006, 06:18 PM
Bears | Brown to miss remainder of preseason
Tue, 15 Aug 2006 12:42:23 -0700

Updating previous reports, ESPNews reports Chicago Bears S Mike Brown (Achilles') will miss the remainder of the preseason due to an Achilles' tendon injury.

This could be huge if he missed the Packer game. He was on the radio 670 and said something like this. "I think this is probably my last year with Chicago." He sounded like this injury is more severe then what Bears organization is saying.

I guess the key is "preseason" games.. He'll be back, been around 6 or 7 years, I'm sure he knows the defense..

pack4to84
08-15-2006, 07:34 PM
just heard this on 1000am. They where talking about that the Bears moved C.Harris over to play Browns position and D.Manning to play Harris position. They said that Harris needed more work at his own position, now with the move
what going to happen if Brown comes back and Harris has been playing that position for 3 plus weeks. They didnt sound to happy with the move. They also said that Browns injury sound more severe then what the bears where leading on. They said it isnt the same Achilles that he hurt before. They said he tweaked his achilles.

pack4to84
08-15-2006, 07:39 PM
They also said does the likes of C.Harris and D.Manning at safty not going to scare B.Favre at all.

pack4to84
08-17-2006, 07:27 PM
NKbearsNK wrote on bears forum
My dad called tonite and said Brown was on with the knuckleheads, Bores and Burnstein on the score and said he has numerous mincofractures in his Achilles tendon. Brown then stated it could be a career ender. All that heals it is time and more time. It could be ok for GB or something that never goes away till it shreads. Has anyone heard this also?