PDA

View Full Version : Winners and Losers, Week 10 Vikings Game

pbmax
11-15-2011, 04:00 PM
Apologies to Nutz for stealing his thread (Fritz's too), but we need somewhere to complain about the multitude of problems on the Packers. Don't see a multitude? Just wait until we get this thread going.

WINNERS

Rodgers: On the one hand his total yards look pedestrian at 250. But with a defense and ST hitting on all cylinders, he had some nice field position to work with and hitting 23 of 30 atts made it a great effort in a blowout.

Starks: Missed a few and seemed to hesitate, but then ran some people over like they had stolen something from him.

Driver: 3 for 36 is not going to win player of the week honors, but it was his best game in over a month.

Bulaga: Once on a Starks run and again on a boot (or scramble) he knocked his man down. His best performance since his injury.

Matthews: Got some single blocking and defeated it. He has faced more double-teaming this year but prior to this game, he had been stymied too often by a single tackle. Loadholt didn't fare so well last night.

Woodson: Somehow, simply being close to the LOS made this Defense better.

Tramontana: Very good coverage the entire night.

Masthay: Netted 43 yards average on 2 kicks.

LOSERS

Grant: 8 carries and 6 yards.

Cobb: Two great returns but the fumble is a pattern.

Raji: The whole D line seems to have disappeared at stretches. Its a little weird.

Brandon494
11-15-2011, 04:24 PM
Can't put Cobb as a loser because of one fumble but you should add Newhouse and Sitton.

pbmax
11-15-2011, 04:27 PM
Can't put Cobb as a loser because of one fumble but you should add Newhouse and Sitton.

Fair point, I forgot the pressure from Allen and Sitton's inability to anchor. But your post stands as their addition.

gbgary
11-15-2011, 04:30 PM
starks seemed to get most of the up the middle runs and grant the runs around the end. minn was stringing out the lateral runs and allowing nothing. no L for grant. just a tough night running east and west.

cobb looked down field, just as the ball got to him, sneaking a peek. i'm sure he heard about it. wouldn't put him on the loser list at all for all the positive things he did.

gbgary
11-15-2011, 04:31 PM
i'd cut anyone facing allen some slack. he's a monster this year.

Fritz
11-15-2011, 04:40 PM
I thought that outside of Bulaga the offensive line ranged from mediocre to lousy. Especially bad were Newhouse and Lang, and Sitton sucked at times and even sometimes Wells. Man, Rodgers did not have much of a pocket, nor did he have much time in his Incredibly Shrinking Pocket. That pocket shrank faster than a busted cheating husband's wiener.

Harlan Huckleby
11-15-2011, 04:46 PM
starks seemed to get most of the up the middle runs and grant the runs around the end. My memory is different, Starks' longest runs were outside.

It is really hard to evaluate runners on so few carries. There weren't a lot of running lanes.

Joemailman
11-15-2011, 04:47 PM
I'd put Bishop with the Winners. 8 tackles, including a sack.

I'm not sure I'd put Cobb with the losers. Produced one TD, basically gave one away, but then set up another one with a return to mid-field. Crazy night, but overall a plus.

Harlan Huckleby
11-15-2011, 04:50 PM
I thought that outside of Bulaga the offensive line ranged from mediocre to lousy. Especially bad were Newhouse and Lang, and Sitton sucked at times and even sometimes Wells. Man, Rodgers did not have much of a pocket, nor did he have much time in his Incredibly Shrinking Pocket. That pocket shrank faster than a busted cheating husband's wiener.

I thought both the pass and run blocking merited a C. The Vikings have superior D line, so I'm not disappointed. Blocking was worse previous week, but since I can't remember who they played, guess my testimony is suspect. Oh ya, San Diego was worse.

Joemailman
11-15-2011, 04:55 PM
My memory is different, Starks' longest runs were outside.

It is really hard to evaluate runners on so few carries. There weren't a lot of running lanes.

The difference being that Starks can knock some people over to get extra yards. Grant has looked slow to me the last 2 games. It might be time to officially make Starks the starter.

red
11-15-2011, 05:02 PM
starks definately looks like he's the all around type back. he's got some speed and he can lay the hammer

grants seems real finessie to me right now. he's running like a speed back, but doesn't have enough speed for that

Fritz
11-15-2011, 05:34 PM
Funny, we're ready to write Grant off - I am, too - but it's a funny game, and come January we might be cheering him for saving the bacon and rushing for some important yards and picking up the slack or something.

MadtownPacker
11-15-2011, 05:45 PM
I'm not sure I'd put Cobb with the losers. Produced one TD, basically gave one away, but then set up another one with a return to mid-field. Crazy night, but overall a plus.If the ball had actually got stripped I would have issue but he made a rookie mistake starting to take off before he had secured the ball.

Deputy Nutz
11-15-2011, 05:47 PM
You don't put a lot of thought into this so it will never be article worthy at Packer Rats.

Grant doesn't deserve to be on the field. He is slow and weak.

Smeefers
11-15-2011, 06:33 PM
Winner: Sammy Shields. Solid alllll game long. He wasn't asked to do much, but he locked his guy down.

Loser: Offensive play calling. 13 running plays? C'mon man!

Joemailman
11-15-2011, 06:44 PM
Winner: Sammy Shields. Solid alllll game long. He wasn't asked to do much, but he locked his guy down.

Packers ran 31 times, 21 by running backs. C'mon man! :wink:

pbmax
11-15-2011, 06:47 PM
You don't put a lot of thought into this so it will never be article worthy at Packer Rats.

You can pick up the mantle again anytime.

Joemailman
11-15-2011, 07:03 PM

Congratulations on Post #15,000!!!

King Friday
11-15-2011, 08:31 PM
Nelson is a winner in my book...2 TDs and nobody mentions him?

You all hate whitey.

KYPack
11-15-2011, 08:33 PM

Well, no sense saying how foolish this snotty post is, everybody can see that by just reading it.

Nutz, if that's all you got to say, why don't you keep your fat little mitts off the keyboard?

Fritz
11-15-2011, 08:37 PM
I've never met Deputy Nutz, but somehow I always pictured him as having sausage fingers.

MadtownPacker
11-15-2011, 08:39 PM
15K spent checkin a bitch!!! Does PB stand for "Pimpin Baller"? Haha!

MadtownPacker
11-15-2011, 08:42 PM
Nelson is a winner in my book...2 TDs and nobody mentions him?

You all hate whitey.
Nah, just a bunch of PCed wimps who dont want to expose their KKK status.

As a street associate once said to me, "That's awfully White of you". :lol:

ThunderDan

We put up 38 offensive points and you are complaining we didn't run enough? Actually, I was bitching at the TV when we were up 31-7 that we weren't running more. But seeing the final results, it does seem a little silly to complain about it!

MadtownPacker
I've never met Deputy Nutz, but somehow I always pictured him as having sausage fingers.You should probably ask Skinbasket about it.

Gunakor
11-16-2011, 12:28 AM
Take Raji off the losers list. The DL had a brilliant game IMO. Absolutely brilliant.

Dom Capers blitzed damn near 3 out of every 4 defensive snaps for the game. You can't do that if your opponent is gashing you with the run. Adrian Peterson couldn't get anything going in the run game all night. 3.6 yards per carry. Our defensive line did their jobs, enabling Dom to dial up the pressure. I'd give every last one of them a game ball for their performance last night.

Gunakor
11-16-2011, 12:30 AM
And I agree w/Brandon, Newhouse and Sitton looked like shit last night.

Iron Mike
11-16-2011, 07:18 AM
Add Queens fans to the loser's list for bitching about officiating:

http://www.purplepride.org/f2/packers-post-game-thread-1108617/

Fritz
11-16-2011, 07:21 AM
Ryan Grant didn't have much room to run; nonetheless, he looked rather ineffective trying to bounce it outside and get anything at all. Is MM going to start sniffing around Brandon
Saine's jock a little bit in order to get him on the field???

Deputy Nutz
11-16-2011, 07:43 AM
Sorry, I would hope there would be more creativity around here in naming threads. Also, my fingers are quite nice, not a sausage roll in the bunch, but my aunt has toes for thumbs, weird shit man.

Secondly, I apparently I can't use sarcasm around here anymore because I ain't no Packer jock sniffer. Anything I say has to be taking 100% serious? When the fuck did that shit start happening?

pbmax
11-16-2011, 08:04 AM
At 38 points, finding losers on offense was tough (though I did forget O line struggles), eliminating good game by the likes of Nelson tougher.

I thought the few punishing Purple Jesus runs were through the middle, so I was concerned about Raji and Pickett holding up. But after a certain number of points, the ground game becomes an afterthought for an opponent. But you can see a winning strategy for an upcoming opponent. Just open the playbook early on offense to stay close, keep the run game in play and then play action the safeties and LBs to death. Of course, that's what half the league tries to do and it hasn't worked yet versus the Pack.

After one more day, perhaps the most impressive thing was improved coverage (Shields and Tramontana) followed closely by improved pass rush.

Scott Campbell
11-16-2011, 08:24 AM
I'd feel better about Driver on that list if he didn't have another drop.

pbmax
11-16-2011, 09:09 AM
Don't think too much about this or you'll get dizzy, but the Packers Special Teams are ranked 9th at Football Outsiders.

As is often the case, a player, Randall Cobb, makes his coach look a lot smarter.

Harlan Huckleby
11-16-2011, 09:14 AM
As a street associate once said to me, "That's awfully White of you". :lol:

tell your associate that "That's mighty white of you" sounds better. Has to do with assonance, he'll know what that means

MadtownPacker
11-16-2011, 10:47 AM
tell your associate that "That's mighty white of you" sounds better. Has to do with assonance, he'll know what that means
Actually I think that is what he said. I failed to mention that this was over 10 years ago and that this dude was AB. So how do you know it ?????

CaliforniaCheez
11-16-2011, 07:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUGq8hIBuhQ&sns=fb

pbmax
11-16-2011, 08:33 PM
People who record their children in this manner are very strange.

yooperfan
11-16-2011, 08:36 PM
Don't think too much about this or you'll get dizzy, but the Packers Special Teams are ranked 9th at Football Outsiders.

As is often the case, a player, Randall Cobb, makes his coach look a lot smarter.

Is the new kick off rule also helping our kick coverage this year?

pbmax
11-16-2011, 08:42 PM
Is the new kick off rule also helping our kick coverage this year?

Possibly. But I think they elevated themselves from a season long ranking in the teens (even that was improvement) mostly from Cobb's two big returns.

yooperfan
11-16-2011, 08:53 PM
It is exciting having our first legit return guy since Rossum. Just needs to keep the eye on the ball.

Deputy Nutz
11-17-2011, 08:19 AM
15K spent checkin a bitch!!! Does PB stand for "Pimpin Baller"? Haha!

The guy who had to make up a fake administrator is calling me a "bitch". Funny

Zool
11-17-2011, 10:11 AM

Fuck are your panties in a bunch lately.

Deputy Nutz
11-17-2011, 10:13 AM
I learned long ago not to take shit from Madtown and ever since then are relationship is in a much better place.

Deputy Nutz
11-17-2011, 10:14 AM
Must be all sunshine and roses shoved up Zool's ass. I have a very close friend that is in a dire medical situation, and I am an edge because he could lose his testicles.

jdrats
11-17-2011, 12:43 PM
Add Queens fans to the loser's list for bitching about officiating:

http://www.purplepride.org/f2/packers-post-game-thread-1108617/

You can always add Queens fans to the losers list.

Zool
11-17-2011, 02:19 PM
Must be all sunshine and roses shoved up Zool's ass. I have a very close friend that is in a dire medical situation, and I am an edge because he could lose his testicles.

They are worthless now anyway. He should just get em lopped off.

Deputy Nutz
11-17-2011, 03:23 PM
At the moment they are deformed, possibly 100% damage from forced masturbation

MadtownPacker
11-17-2011, 04:24 PM

That wasn't fake you puta. It was RG.

Don't hate cuz a brown man was telling the Whitey what to do!

Fritz
11-17-2011, 04:51 PM
Week Ten Loser: Johnny Jolly.

Six years, parole-eligible in 14 months. Ouch.

KYPack
11-17-2011, 07:34 PM

Hard fall for the fat guy.

Lay off that lean, kids.

There ain't no money in it & it'll lead you to an early grave.

AtlPackFan
11-17-2011, 07:52 PM
Hard fall for the fat guy.

Lay off that lean, kids.

There ain't no money in it & it'll lead you to an early grave.

...or it will lead you to an 8x8 cell being forced to play "where's the wiener?" with a guy named Bubba.

Fritz
11-17-2011, 10:15 PM
...or it will lead you to an 8x8 cell being forced to play "where's the wiener?" with a guy named Bubba.

Have you seen Johnny Jolly? He is the guy named Bubba.

MJZiggy
11-17-2011, 10:51 PM
Have you seen Johnny Jolly? He is the guy named Bubba.

That's kinda what I was thinking when I read that.

Guiness
11-18-2011, 12:01 AM
That's kinda what I was thinking when I read that.

Too true dat!

Picture that scene you see in prison movies where the new guy is shown into his cell, and the existing guy is in there with his back to the door and starts telling the new guy how this is going to work as he slowly turns around. Then imagine him seeing JJ when he turns around!

smuggler
11-18-2011, 11:40 AM
How long would you have to be incarcerated before you jumped the fence? I gotta think he's released due to overcrowding before 14 months.

mraynrand
11-18-2011, 11:58 AM

Plexico got in shape in less time.