PDA

View Full Version : Clifton could be returning soon

HarveyWallbangers
11-15-2011, 11:14 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/clifton-could-be-returning-soon-gv32kof-133935288.html

"I would have to say he's not going to make it this week, Detroit would be a push and the Giants would probably be realistic if he stays on schedule," McCarthy said...

There isn't one specific culprit, Philbin said. Monday night's loose pocket was not all on Newhouse. And really, that's part of the problem. One common denominator hasn't been identified.

"If it was one person or one guy or one problem that continually manifested itself, I think we would have been smart enough to figure that out and eliminate it by now," Philbin said. "But it hasn't been. So it's been something we've got to work on. We've got to get it right. I think our guys are committed to doing that."

Bretsky
11-15-2011, 11:57 PM
In reality we need him back for the last month to get primed for the playoffs. For some reason I fear Rodgers getting hurt vs the Lions in Detroit

Freak Out
11-16-2011, 01:11 AM
Cliffy needed a break.

Gunakor
11-16-2011, 01:32 AM
For some reason I fear Rodgers getting hurt vs the Lions in Detroit

Na, they gave him a new spaceman helmet after that happened last year and he hasn't lost a game since. He'll be fine.

pbmax
11-16-2011, 08:14 AM
I keep hoping that Sherrod gets called to service (not wishing harm on Newhouse) and shows he is ready. But Cliffy is a fine Plan B.

sheepshead
11-16-2011, 08:49 AM
I keep hoping that Sherrod gets called to service (not wishing harm on Newhouse) and shows he is ready. But Cliffy is a fine Plan B.

been thinking the same thing

Upnorth
11-16-2011, 08:55 AM

That is why he was drafted, and I hope Sherrod does pass Newhouse, but so far it does not look like that.

OL under Campden seem to take quite sometime to mature. Is his scheme that complicated?

Smidgeon
11-16-2011, 11:09 AM
That is why he was drafted, and I hope Sherrod does pass Newhouse, but so far it does not look like that.

OL under Campden seem to take quite sometime to mature. Is his scheme that complicated?

Nah. It just takes players a little longer to overcome his coaching. ;)

Upnorth
11-16-2011, 11:23 AM

So fire Slocum? It is Wednesday.

pittstang5
11-16-2011, 11:36 AM
So fire Slocum? It is Wednesday.

Nice!

sheepshead
11-16-2011, 11:56 AM

Bryan Bulaga

red
11-16-2011, 12:03 PM

spot on

the whole line looks worse this year except for bulaga

Pugger
11-16-2011, 12:08 PM
I think Wells has been playing pretty well this year Red. I find Sitton's play disturbing. I hope it is because of his knee...

gbgary
11-16-2011, 01:25 PM
i don't think it's been that bad. sure it's had it's moments but overall it's been ok. AR's held the ball a little too long a few times recently and sometimes the opponents d does it's job and covers our guys. he seems to get his 3-3.5 seconds most of the time.

mraynrand
11-16-2011, 03:45 PM
In reality we need him back for the last month to get primed for the playoffs. For some reason I fear Rodgers getting hurt vs the Lions in Detroit

Na, they gave him a new spaceman helmet after that happened last year and he hasn't lost a game since. He'll be fine.

The helmet won't be enough. They need better pass pro against those cheap-shot artists.

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/GazooRodgers2.jpg