PDA

View Full Version : For the Love Of Green and Gold....

GrnBay007
11-16-2011, 12:53 AM
I was one that hated to see Favre leave. I was one that supported Favre with the Jets and yes, wanted to see him do well with the Vikings. Not because I wanted to see the Vikings beat the Packers....it was because I wanted to see him go out on top....and it hurt big time to even imagine it being with a team other than the Packers.

All I'm saying is I'm seeing some threads being brought back that just bring up a lot of hard feelings. Like the title says......For the love of Green and Gold can't we just appreciate what each individual QB has brought to the Packers and be happy this team has been a winning team for a very long time? I support Rodgers 100% because he is my team's QB..............BUT I will always remember good times with the former QB's and to trash talk them just seems juvenile.

We are called Packer Nation for a reason. Let's rejoice in the past success, the present and the future!! :) Love you all........Peace! :)

Freak Out
11-16-2011, 01:08 AM
Yes we can. :)

HarveyWallbangers
11-16-2011, 01:08 AM
Who is this Favre guy you speak of? :)

Freak Out
11-16-2011, 01:09 AM
Oh and when the hell is JJ going to blowup and help my fantasy team?

GrnBay007
11-16-2011, 01:15 AM
Oh and when the hell is JJ going to blowup and help my fantasy team?

:) Have a lil Faith Freak!!

GrnBay007
11-16-2011, 01:20 AM
Yes we can. :)

Yesss!! :)

U crack me up!

Gunakor
11-16-2011, 01:27 AM
Serving others a three-course meal consisting of boiled crow, grilled crow, and deep fried crow is an essential part of the online experience. It's just the nature of the beast. I wish PacoPete and PackerArcher were still around so I could serve those two clowns their well deserved meal.

There are only 2 ways to avoid being served. One, don't participate. Two, don't ever, ever, EVER be wrong. The former is impractical, the latter is impossible. What I'm saying then is, essentially, that thick skin and the ability to laugh at yourself from time to time is an absolute requirement of being part of a community like this one. They're only hard feelings if you allow them to be.

Gunakor
11-16-2011, 01:28 AM
Or were you referring to something other than the "Ha Ha, I told you so!" thread bumps?

Tony Oday
11-16-2011, 05:54 AM
Nah f Brent and his pix.

Kiwon
11-16-2011, 07:04 AM
We are called Packer Nation for a reason. Let's rejoice in the past success, the present and the future!! :) Love you all........Peace! :)

Wow, A-Rod's playing so well it is easy to close the chapter on Favre.

However, Favre is the one who left in such a way that made enemies out of friends. It's natural for people to have some resentment. I think the ball is completely in his court as to how fast the strained relationships are repaired.

Fritz
11-16-2011, 07:18 AM
Go Pack, go. And for God's sake, get the pass blocking fixed.

As for the bumping of threads, let's all keep our pad level down, eh?

Brandon494
11-16-2011, 07:28 AM
Screw Favre! I'm sorry but no player is above the team and that arrogant prick thought he was. Also this is my personal opinion, I don't mind anyone who cheered for the guy when he was on the Jets but anyone who actually cheered for him while he was playing for the Vikings is not a true fan in my book. The guy plan out said he wanted to play for the Vikings to stick it to the Packers and I was so happy when that ass wipe threw that pick against the Saints. Screw the Vikings and the so called Packer "fans" who actually wore those horrible half Packer half Vikings Favre jerseys that made me puke in my mouth every time I saw them.

Shout out to the fans who were patient and stood behind TT because they felt he was building a team the right way. GO PACK GO!

Upnorth
11-16-2011, 07:41 AM
I lurked back in the days of the revolution so my emotional level may not be as high as some of yours. keeping this in mind:

Why do some of us like picking at scabs? He is long gone and has been replaced by an extremely talented qb who in some ways is superior to Farve. So in the end don't worry, be happy and keeping on looking for new rings.

pbmax
11-16-2011, 08:12 AM
20 years, three quarterbacks starting. Not too shabby.

Upnorth
11-16-2011, 08:29 AM
I Just hope we can sometime post 30 years, 3 quarterbacks starting.

Scott Campbell
11-16-2011, 08:35 AM
For the love of Green and Gold can't we just appreciate what each individual QB has brought to the Packers and be happy this team has been a winning team for a very long time?

Where were your pleas for mercy when Ted was being crucified?

This stuff isn't directed at you. I don't think you should let it become personal.

yooperfan
11-16-2011, 08:56 AM
I think it might be awhile before things can settle down between Favre and the Packers and fans. Family breakups tend to stay raw. I was at the Saints game and before the concert they showed the America's Game video and I would say about 2/3 of the boo d when Favre came on the screen. Things may not settle til after the Rogers,Thompson,Mccarthy era and we can get some distance just like the Lambeau - Packers breakup.

20 years, three quarterbacks starting. Not too shabby.

I think that's the most amazing thing as a Packer fan and something to really enjoy. As is most of the
Packers quarterback history....

Bart Starr - 5 Championships, Arnie Herber - 4, Cecil Isbell - 1, Favre - 1, Rogers - 1(and counting) and
Lynn Dicky were'nt to shabby either.

Harlan Huckleby
11-16-2011, 09:04 AM
I think TT should have let Favre come back. Everybody changes their mind now and then, and Brett has done so much for the team

HarveyWallbangers
11-16-2011, 10:35 AM
Where were your pleas for mercy when Ted was being crucified?

This stuff isn't directed at you. I don't think you should let it become personal.

And this goes to the heart of the problem I have with this whole thing. People that backed Favre were merciless in their vitriol for Ted Thompson--a humble man and great talent evaluator who only had the best interests of the franchise in mind. By all accounts, he's about as ego-less as a man in his position can be. Brett Favre had the best interests of Brett Favre in mind. Nothing wrong with that, but it didn't do the franchise or Aaron Rodgers any good. On top of that, Brett WANTED to play the Vikings to stick it to Ted--Packer fans be damned. I think it's very likely that if Brett comes back, we would have lost Aaron Rodgers once he hit free agency. So, Ted made the right choice. Just admit that Ted was right, and all will be forgiven.

Upnorth
11-16-2011, 10:38 AM
And this goes to the heart of the problem I have with this whole thing. People that backed Favre were merciless in their vitriol for Ted Thompson--a humble man and great talent evaluator who only had the best interests of the franchise in mind. By all accounts, he's about as ego-less as a man in his position can be. Brett Favre had the best interests of Brett Favre in mind. Nothing wrong with that, but it didn't do the franchise or Aaron Rodgers any good. On top of that, Brett WANTED to play the Vikings to stick it to Ted--Packer fans be damned. I think it's very likely that if Brett comes back, we would have lost Aaron Rodgers once he hit free agency. So, Ted made the right choice. Just admit that Ted was right, and all will be forgiven.

Ted was right about that. However I am still pissed thay he let Ryan go. (Dude even had an MVP video, plus I know his sister and could have scored packer tickets)

Zool
11-16-2011, 11:06 AM
Fans crucify the GM's all the time (lack of actual access to players and evaluators be dammed).

All would be settled if BF hadn't specifically wanted to go to MN. As was stated he put himself on a pedestal on top of the pedestal already created by Packer fans. The right decision was made at the time IMO. It made for 1 down year with many up years to come.

Packgator
11-16-2011, 11:06 AM
He is long gone and has been replaced by an extremely talented qb who in some ways is superior to Farve.

"Some" ways? Rodgers has now started 61 games (including playoffs). When comparing the stats through each players first 61 starts it is hard to find a stat that Rodgers doesn't lead (including wins and playoff wins). Obviously career stats can't be compared until Rodgers is finished playing but through the first 61 starts the "some" in the above sentence should likely be "most". I say likely because I don't have the 61 game stats in front of me but through 52 starts (through last years Super Bowl) Rodgers was statistically better. Adding the 9 games this year (giving us the 61) should only add to Rodgers stat advantage.

gbgary
11-16-2011, 11:15 AM
I think TT should have let Favre come back. Everybody changes their mind now and then, and Brett has done so much for the team

has it come to this yet? bf asking back into the fold? i'd be veeeeery surprised if has.

other than free agency activity i'd had no bitches about tt. he proved to be right on that. mm on the other hand i wanted fired at one point but i'm on board now...as long as he keeps his foot on the gas. :)

Upnorth
11-16-2011, 11:19 AM
"Some" ways? Rodgers has now started 61 games (including playoffs). When comparing the stats through each players first 61 starts it is hard to find a stat that Rodgers doesn't lead (including wins and playoff wins). Obviously career stats can't be compared until Rodgers is finished playing but through the first 61 starts the "some" in the above sentence should likely be "most". I say likely because I don't have the 61 game stats in front of me but through 52 starts (through last years Super Bowl) Rodgers was statistically better. Adding the 9 games this year (giving us the 61) should only add to Rodgers stat advantage.

Just dont want to poor gass on the fire. I think it was, is and will always be the right choice. Rodgers has the potential to replace Starr as the greatest QB ever. I was being a politically correct in a response.

Harlan Huckleby
11-16-2011, 11:19 AM
gbgary, you fuckin asshole. hater. If favre wants to come back, we should welcome him.

LEWCWA
11-16-2011, 12:45 PM
Ted was right!

LEWCWA
11-16-2011, 12:48 PM
I did love me some BF though! Hell I am always wrong in these situations. I couldn't believe they would stick with a guy named Favre, over the magic man either and David whitehurst was definetley better than that Dickey guy...shows what I know about good QB's. Change is a four letter word to me I guess.

Harlan Huckleby
11-16-2011, 12:48 PM
Brett Favre Forever!

HarveyWallbangers
11-16-2011, 01:08 PM
Ted was right!

There. All is forgiven. Hopefully, in 10 years Brett will only be the second or third best QB (depending on whether you prefer him or Starr) in franchise history.

Freak Out
11-16-2011, 01:23 PM
Dickey is still my favorite.

Bossman641
11-16-2011, 01:31 PM

BINGO!!

Whatever though, the Packer franchise, MM, TT, Rodgers, etc are stronger for what they went through. If we lost a few fans who figured out they were more Favre fan than Packer fan along the way then so be it.

Also, what would really help is if Favre would either speak out in support of the Packers...or stop speaking out against them. From him telling Peppers to beat the Packers to his saying he was surprised it took Rodgers as long as it did, dude just cannot get out of his own way.

Smidgeon
11-16-2011, 01:31 PM
There. All is forgiven. Hopefully, in 10 years Brett will only be the second or third best QB (depending on whether you prefer him or Starr) in franchise history.

And hopefully in ten years, the new best QB ever will be just starting his career...only to be replaced when his is over with the next new best QB ever. Repeat ad nauseum.

gbgary
11-16-2011, 01:40 PM
gbgary, you fuckin asshole. hater. If favre wants to come back, we should welcome him.

dammit! i misread your post i quoted. my eyes saw tt should let favre come back (as if he's made some sort of reconciliation move)...but yes, i was ready for him to retire and once i knew he'd been given the chance to come back and said no then i was on board with the change to Rodgers. orchestrating the move to minn killed it though. f bf! i've avoided the bumped threads because that's all in the past. onward and upward.

Harlan Huckleby
11-16-2011, 02:09 PM
gbgary, I was just babbling hate speech, hoping to re-ignite the favre-thompson wars. good times. but i guess they are gone.

Harlan Huckleby
11-16-2011, 02:12 PM
Dickey is still my favorite.

I loved that guy. I wonder if any of his joints work today. Those teams were exciting.

gbgary
11-16-2011, 02:12 PM
gbgary, I was just babbling hate speech, hoping to re-ignite the favre-thompson wars. good times.

i took it no other way.

mraynrand
11-16-2011, 02:51 PM
When people stop denigrating Jerry Babb, I will let go my Favre hate.

pbmax
11-16-2011, 03:05 PM
Once again we took an olive branch and turned it into kindling. :lol:

Upnorth
11-16-2011, 03:25 PM
Burn baby burn!

gbgary
11-16-2011, 03:43 PM

lol

denverYooper
11-16-2011, 04:46 PM

Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leafs a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

Scott Campbell
11-16-2011, 05:21 PM
All would be settled if BF hadn't specifically wanted to go to MN.

I had no problem with him wanting to play for MN. They play inside. He could hand off to AP. Who could blame him?

My beef was that he orchestrated the whole thing to paint Thompson and the Packers as the villains. The fricking evil fuck.

THAT GOD DAMNED DIVA STILL PISSES ME OFF!!!!

Fosco33
11-16-2011, 05:37 PM
I had no problem with him wanting to play for MN. They play inside. He could hand off to AP. Who could blame him?

My beef was that he orchestrated the whole thing to paint Thompson and the Packers as the villains. The fricking evil fuck.

THAT GOD DAMNED DIVA STILL PISSES ME OFF!!!!

With some hindsight perspective, Favre goin to Vikings really fucked them for a few years. They had the Sage issue, Tavaris and had to go find yet another QB with a high 1st round pick... and they wasted the best years of what was a good Oline, AP in his prime and some good karma to boot.

Thank you Brett - your master plan to royally fuck the Vikings, nearly get to the SuperBowl and fail was a pretty epic long con. Nicely done sir.

In all reality - I loved the Favre years. He was amazing to watch and brought GB back from the frozen tundra.