PDA

View Full Version : Mike Neal participating in 11 on 11 drills

Spaulding
11-16-2011, 01:38 PM
Let the teasing begin that he'll play this coming weekend against Tampa Bay. Can only pray that he gets healthy and adds a pass rush from the DE position that we're sorely lacking.

Link to Silverstein's blog is below:

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/packers.html

Hopefully this will reduce our need to blitz Hawk and Bishop as although that worked well against the Vikes, we've seen how the dump over the middle (Bears game and Forte ring loud and clear to me) can really hurt us.

Getting Neal and Clifton back down the stretch could be huge.

Upnorth
11-16-2011, 01:50 PM
NEAL WILL DESTROY ALL WHO OPPOSE HIM!!!!

I hope they don't rush him to much, but man do I ever look forward to seeing him listed as active on a roster list.

SaladFinger
11-16-2011, 01:51 PM
I agree, .. I hope Neal gets some snaps before the Giants game .. I feel he will be needed in that one.

gbgary
11-16-2011, 02:00 PM
holding him out of games a couple more weeks won't hurt.

Freak Out
11-16-2011, 02:03 PM
Sad news about Gregg.

Fritz
11-16-2011, 05:21 PM
I think they'll work him gradually back in, starting with the Jints game. Really, they need him to be up to speed come January - better work him back slowly, let him re-gain some muscle.

Scott Campbell
11-16-2011, 05:37 PM
I saw S'oto's name in the box score this week. I didn't notice him in the game though. Outside of the Collins injury, were getting pretty healthy. Knock on wood.

sharpe1027
11-17-2011, 10:03 AM
I saw S'oto's name in the box score this week. I didn't notice him in the game though. Outside of the Collins injury, were getting pretty healthy. Knock on wood.

I am pretty sure he was out other there for special teams and as part of the mop-up crew in the 4th quarter. I didn't seem him out there on defense while the game was still within 3 touchdowns (could have been though).

channtheman
11-17-2011, 10:17 AM
Keep Neal inactive until he is absolutely healthy.

Upnorth
11-17-2011, 11:33 AM
Has there been any news on his practice performance? Is he in for many snaps or just a couple? The more reps in practice the closer he will be to returning.

mraynrand
11-17-2011, 12:20 PM
Apparently, he needs to get that one leg back up to full strength. It will take time, because it's all atrophied and gross and stuff, since he's been doing nothing at all for weeks:

http://neuromuscular.wustl.edu/pics/people/patients/Hands/oldpoliolegs.jpg

red
11-17-2011, 02:10 PM
my god don't make him practice. that's where he always gets hurt

red
11-17-2011, 02:11 PM
Apparently, he needs to get that one leg back up to full strength. It will take time, because it's all atrophied and gross and stuff, since he's been doing nothing at all for weeks:

http://neuromuscular.wustl.edu/pics/people/patients/Hands/oldpoliolegs.jpg

mike needs to regain some color to, looks a little pale to me

Upnorth
11-17-2011, 03:21 PM
Hamsring injuries make you white? No wonder white men can't jump.

Fritz
11-17-2011, 04:54 PM
Looks like he's got hammer toe, too.

Freak Out
11-17-2011, 06:49 PM
What the hell was wrong with him in the first place? Knee stuff right? When the guy is ready let him go....our coaches are smart. What was the last game he played in? Preseason?

channtheman
11-17-2011, 07:25 PM
I don't think Neal has ever played in a game for us, including preseason.

Joemailman
11-17-2011, 07:40 PM
I don't think Neal has ever played in a game for us, including preseason.

Neal played in 2 regular season games last year. He likely would have played in the 1st preseason game this year.

Keep Neal inactive until he is absolutely healthy.

Packers are pretty cautious with injuries. He wouldn't be practicing unless the training staff felt he was healthy.

Scott Campbell
11-17-2011, 07:48 PM
Packers are pretty cautious with injuries. He wouldn't be practicing unless the training staff felt he was healthy.

Especially with them getting ready for the playoffs rather than biting and scratching to get in.

RashanGary
11-17-2011, 10:45 PM
Yeah, the Packers do seem cautious. I think people have mentioned the Giants game as a likely first game. That would give him 5 weeks of football and a bye week to get be ready for the Playoffs. I think that would be just enough time for him to have a legit chance to be a contributor.

A game has about 60 plays on defense. Realistically, even if he has those 6 weeks to play, you would think he'd max out at about 50% of the snaps come playoff time. 8-12-16-20-24 a week off and then 30 snaps a game through the playoffs.

If he gave us a little boost up front, even if he's just a bit better than Wynn and Wilson. . . . It would give us a new little edge against the big time passing offenses.

Wynn's snaps would go down (making him stronger when he is in)
Raji's snaps would go down (again, making him stronger when he is in)
Pickett's snaps would go down. . . . .

Overall, it would add to the whole line.

CaliforniaCheez
11-17-2011, 10:58 PM
Make 'em squeal, Mike Neal!!

swede
11-17-2011, 11:19 PM
Make 'em squeal, Mike Neal!!

Ooh, I like that, other than the "Deliverance" reference.