PDA

View Full Version : John Fox is full of it

channtheman
11-17-2011, 10:11 PM
He talks all week long about how he is going to use Tebow in a more option oriented offense since that is all Tebow can do, and then proceeds to rarely call option type plays. When he did call option plays on the first drive, the Broncos went right down the field. It seems like Fox wants Tebow to fail.

Fritz
11-17-2011, 10:12 PM
So do I!

channtheman
11-17-2011, 10:19 PM
Finally ran another option play for Tebow. 15 yard run. Fox is an ass.

Fritz
11-17-2011, 10:23 PM
Man, how can teams not stop that play? That shit stopped working for Bo Schembecler in 1979.

channtheman
11-17-2011, 10:24 PM
Man, how can teams not stop that play? That shit stopped working for Bo Schembecler in 1979.

It's fun to watch Tebow run an option offense because it shouldn't work, but Tebow can do it and he makes it work. John Fox doesn't run Tebow's offense all fucking game and finally now at the end he calls plays in Tebow's favor and he's moving right down the field.

channtheman
11-17-2011, 10:30 PM
Two drives John Fox lets Tebow be Tebow and it FUCKING WORKS! John Fox is the dumbest fuck ever.

Pugger
11-17-2011, 10:31 PM
OMG, Tebow did it again!!!! :shock:

channtheman
11-17-2011, 10:40 PM
John Fox doesn't believe in Tebow, which is what really irks me. Let Tebow be Tebow and run Tebow's offense. Don't talk about it, DO IT!

Pugger
11-17-2011, 10:44 PM
They showed Elway up in one of the luxury boxes and he didn't look all that pleased either. Well, if Denver doesn't want him after this season is over I have a feeling some other team will.

channtheman
11-17-2011, 10:52 PM
I think if you make Tebow your starter, you need to stand behind him and call plays suited for his style of play. They did neither for the majority of the game.

gbgary
11-17-2011, 11:04 PM
They showed Elway up in one of the luxury boxes and he didn't look all that pleased either. Well, if Denver doesn't want him after this season is over I have a feeling some other team will.

he looked to me like he was trying really hard to hold it all in.

Lurker64
11-17-2011, 11:16 PM
Tebow is the NFL player I am most sick of hearing about. Can he please just retire tomorrow?

gbgary
11-17-2011, 11:31 PM
He talks all week long about how he is going to use Tebow in a more option oriented offense since that is all Tebow can do, and then proceeds to rarely call option type plays. When he did call option plays on the first drive, the Broncos went right down the field. It seems like Fox wants Tebow to fail.

well...like any offense you want to mix up the play calling. if they called the option stuff every play it probably wouldn't work. it's run oriented more than it's option oriented.

Tebow is the NFL player I am most sick of hearing about. Can he please just retire tomorrow?

that's the media's fault for asking every nfl talking head about his passing ability and acting like he's the only religious player.

channtheman
11-17-2011, 11:48 PM
well...like any offense you want to mix up the play calling. if they called the option stuff every play it probably wouldn't work. it's run oriented more than it's option oriented.

They only ran 3 option plays. Not enough of a true Tebow offense.

Gunakor
11-18-2011, 04:07 AM
If they were going all in this season then yes, they need to tailor this offense to Tebow's strengths. But I have a feeling that they're concerned with more than the last couple months of the 2011 season. The spread option won't work forever. Like the Wildcat, teams are going to figure it out in the offseason and it won't work next year. I don't think it's too absurd that they want to see Tebow run an actual NFL offense before making that decision this offseason. If the option is all Tebow can operate then Denver is left looking for a new quarterback next season. If I'm Fox or Elway that's what I'm concerned with right now.

bobblehead
11-18-2011, 05:03 AM
the option is not the long term answer for an NFL QB. Perhaps they are doing what is in Tebow's best interest and trying to make him an NFL QB. Perhaps they will use the option to surprise a defense, because it has never worked in the NFL as a staple of the offense.

mraynrand
11-18-2011, 06:01 AM
John Fox is an outstanding coach. He's just getting all he can out of what he has.

http://thisisphotobomb.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/wheres-tebowing.jpg

AtlPackFan
11-18-2011, 06:55 AM
Do any of you think Denver threw Tebow out there assuming he would fail? That way they shut up the fans that have been clamoring for him to play and they end up with a top 5 pick and maybe their future QB. If that was the case, it backfired...badly. 4-1 with Tebow as the starter. In Tim we trust! :-)

channtheman
11-18-2011, 07:02 AM
Do any of you think Denver threw Tebow out there assuming he would fail? That way they shut up the fans that have been clamoring for him to play and they end up with a top 5 pick and maybe their future QB. If that was the case, it backfired...badly. 4-1 with Tebow as the starter. In Tim we trust! :-)

Absolutely I think Fox did that. And then he barely calls plays that Tebow can run and wanted to point and say "See, he failed running his own option plays."

I don't think the option can be successful long-term in the NFL, but that's part of why it is fun to watch Tebow play and actually make it work. It's so unorthodox to see it in the NFL.

hoosier
11-18-2011, 08:22 AM
I think Denver should have to play all their games on Thursday night under the dim lights of the nfl network. Then, on Friday morning, I just have to remember not to open espn.com/nfl and skip over the last page of the sports section. Voila, Tebow is as good as gone.

Pugger
11-18-2011, 09:02 AM

Once his lack of passing skills catch up with him and he begins to struggle and not pull these games out of his ass we won't be hearing about him like we are now.

mraynrand
11-18-2011, 11:08 AM
I think Denver should have to play all their games on Thursday night under the dim lights of the nfl network. Then, on Friday morning, I just have to remember not to open espn.com/nfl and skip over the last page of the sports section. Voila, Tebow is as good as gone.

Good strategy. You wouldn't want to damage your fragile self. Close off the avenues of interaction with the cruel and unrelenting Tebow-saturated popular culture! Oh, the consternation, the agony, the awful calamity of being exposed to The Tebow! Oh, the HUMANITY! Perhaps turn off the TV forever! Nevermore to hear the sonorous, sublime, and socially conscious singing and sexual permutations of Glee, or the rapturous, rapacious, anti-Republican rhetoric of John Stewart! O, Bitter Victory!

Brandon494
11-18-2011, 11:28 AM
Tebow aint doing shit, have they even broke 20 points in a game with him at QB? Denver's defense is the reason they are winning games right now.

Upnorth
11-18-2011, 11:34 AM
Tebow aint doing shit, have they even broke 20 points in a game with him at QB? Denver's defense is the reason they are winning games right now.

+1

Also if they called a ton of option plays it would not be as effective as the d would key in on it. (39 obaloo)

denverYooper
11-18-2011, 03:03 PM
John Fox doesn't call the offense, but yes, he is a bullshitter when it comes to the media. And he's good at it. He's very good at saying a lot without giving out much away.

I don't think they put Tebow in there to deliberately make him fail. If they really wanted to go that route, they'd make him drop back to throw 30 times a game. They needed to evaluate what they were going to do with him going forward and knew that Orton wasn't going to be their future QB. That's why he's starting. If they weren't winning games, they'd be taking a look at Brady Quinn by now.

ThunderDan
11-18-2011, 03:26 PM
They only ran 3 option plays. Not enough of a true Tebow offense.

I call bullshit on this post.

I watched two series in a row for Denver and they ran the read option 4 times in 6 plays. Ask the Denver running back who got blown up by Bart Scott (of course he bobbled a poor pitch from Tebow).

Just because the QB isn't rolling 10 yards right or left of the center when he flips the ball doesn't mean they aren't running the option.

channtheman
11-18-2011, 04:16 PM
I call bullshit on this post.

I watched two series in a row for Denver and they ran the read option 4 times in 6 plays. Ask the Denver running back who got blown up by Bart Scott (of course he bobbled a poor pitch from Tebow).

Just because the QB isn't rolling 10 yards right or left of the center when he flips the ball doesn't mean they aren't running the option.

They did a different/option offense the first 2 drives I think and then the last drive. For most of the game, the offense was a standard run or a standard pass. They may have run an option more than 3 times, but not much.