PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL GREEN BAY PACKERS vs TAMPA BAY BUCS GAMEDAY THREAD

Pages : 1 2 [3]

pittstang5
11-20-2011, 03:03 PM
Anybody know who Jordy toasted for that?

# 23 Name - don't know

KalamazooPackerFan
I love our winning but damn, I'd love to feel comfortable with a 2 score lead and I just don't lately.

George Cumby
Starks is done for the year, Gut feeling.

Mebbe'. I don't think so, though.

Bretsky
11-20-2011, 03:04 PM
Matt Stafford has scored 43 fantasy football points today

Thursday is going to be a shotout

pittstang5
Slocum better not be the Sp Teams coach next year, regardless of how the Packers finish the season

gbgary
oak up, but not by much, on minn, wash about to score on dal...

rdanomly
11-20-2011, 03:05 PM
DAGGER!

KalamazooPackerFan
Okay, now it's a win.

Bretsky
NICE JOB TRAMON

Come on MM............let AROD throw for another TD so he has a shot for Dan Marino !!

pbmax
11-20-2011, 03:06 PM
And they got torched. Yet another reason why you'll see less and less of it. It's not the same defense, PB. It's more zone corner than we've ever seen. Are you seriously doubting that. We can get into a big pssing match and the more convincing person will win, but seriously, they're playing soft outside a lot more and they're jumping a lot fewer routes. For some reason Capers is afraid to get beat over this year. I'm surprised you're denying that.

No. but it has nothing to do with Collins. If you blitz 5 or more, a safety has to come down (either coverage or blitz). So, no, to your original point, there is not two deep safety with zone on the outside. there is zone on the outside on blitzes which would feature a single deep safety.

So by the evidence on the field, if you want more single safety, you want more blitzes, but that will get you more zone outside.

If you want more man outside, then root for less blitzing.

pittstang5
Why, why are they stretching it out. RUN UP THE MIDDLE!

pbmax
Man, the Packers cannot win a close game.

RashanGary
11-20-2011, 03:07 PM
QB rating 114. The streak continues.

Guiness
Yep your glass is always half empty!

Packers4Glory

i doubt it but if he misses any time I like Grant anyway. not much of a loss. now if we lost both starks and grant we are in some doo doo. If we lose one its not a big deal.

pittstang5
I love our winning but damn, I'd love to feel comfortable with a 2 score lead and I just don't lately.

I just want the D from last year.

gbgary
11-20-2011, 03:08 PM
det ices car with a late td, wsh ties up dal on a great catch in the corner of the end zone

pbmax
11-20-2011, 03:10 PM
And they got torched. Yet another reason why you'll see less and less of it. It's not the same defense, PB. It's more zone corner than we've ever seen. Are you seriously doubting that. We can get into a big pssing match and the more convincing person will win, but seriously, they're playing soft outside a lot more and they're jumping a lot fewer routes. For some reason Capers is afraid to get beat over this year. I'm surprised you're denying that.

As for Capers being afraid of being beaten deep, I agree. But his response has changed. First, it was two deep and rush 3 or four. In the last two weeks, he changed to more blitzes, single safety and zone.

By the way, Is Woodson in the game?

Packers4Glory
11-20-2011, 03:10 PM
why did they not run the ball?

pittstang5
11-20-2011, 03:11 PM
i doubt it but if he misses any time I like Grant anyway. not much of a loss. now if we lost both starks and grant we are in some doo doo. If we lose one its not a big deal.

I think losing either would hurt, especially since Alex Green is done for the year.

pittstang5
11-20-2011, 03:11 PM
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU MISS THAT!!! FUcking Christ!

rdanomly
11-20-2011, 03:12 PM
It has just been one of those days...

RashanGary
11-20-2011, 03:13 PM
Clay hasn't gotten the edge this year. Something is wrong. Raji hasn't had the pressure inside he had last year. We're playing a lot more soft outside and/or 2 safety this year. Teams are picking apart our inside zones.

It's a different defense. I'm hoping Neal can get healthy and play better. Without being able to really mix in that man coverage on the outside, we're just so much more predictable. We still do it, just far, far, far less.

pbmax
There was Woodson. I thought he was hurt.

rdanomly
Chuck doing the grave digger! Classic :)

Iron Mike
Woodson just did "The Gravedigger!!!!"

pbmax
That was good pass D with Hawk and Pep.

RashanGary
11-20-2011, 03:14 PM
I'm pretty alright with Peprah. Burnett has been horribly disappointing to me. He never makes a play, outside of tackling. No big hits forcing drops. No pass deflections. He's just bad.

pbmax
11-20-2011, 03:14 PM
Chuck doing the grave digger! Classic :)

I missed that. Hope there is film.

Iron Mike
11-20-2011, 03:16 PM
10-0 MFers!!!!!

George Cumby
11-20-2011, 03:17 PM
I'm pretty alright with Peprah. Burnett has been horribly disappointing to me. He never makes a play, outside of tackling. No big hits forcing drops. No pass deflections. He's just bad.

How much of this is attributable to the club? IIRC he was lighting it up until he broke his hand.

pittstang5
11-20-2011, 03:17 PM
I hope, for the sake of this team, that they were looking past Tampa and toward Detriot. If they play like this against Detriot, they will lose and lose big. I'll take the win, but this game was horrible on all sides for a team that is undefeated.

Guiness
11-20-2011, 03:19 PM
By the way, Is Woodson in the game?

He was right there, tying Freeman's shoelaces together.

RashanGary
11-20-2011, 03:20 PM
How much of this is attributable to the club? IIRC he was lighting it up until he broke his hand.

Maybe. God, I hope he gets it together. We do get pressure, QB's just unload it before they go down. It's so bizarre how far they've digressed this year.

Gotta hope Neal gets stronger. At this point, I'd be perfectly fine playing Matthews and Raji maybe 60% of the game to get them fresh for the playoffs. We desperately need some impact players and I just don't picture our secondary players morphing into anything much more than they are now.

pbmax

He seemed worse with this club than the bigger one he had on previously. He did seem tentative. I wonder if he didn't trust it.

pbmax

:lol:

Guiness
11-20-2011, 03:21 PM
I hope, for the sake of this team, that they were looking past Tampa and toward Detriot. If they play like this against Detriot, they will lose and lose big. I'll take the win, but this game was horrible on all sides for a team that is undefeated.

How did you not end up with the 'Chicken Little Rat' handle?

pittstang5
11-20-2011, 03:25 PM

Name calling will get you no where

Guiness
11-20-2011, 03:31 PM
Name calling will get you no where

*nowhere

gbgary
11-20-2011, 03:33 PM
knee sprain for starks...whew

steve823
11-20-2011, 03:35 PM
Clay hasn't gotten the edge this year. Something is wrong. Raji hasn't had the pressure inside he had last year. We're playing a lot more soft outside and/or 2 safety this year. Teams are picking apart our inside zones.

It's a different defense. I'm hoping Neal can get healthy and play better. Without being able to really mix in that man coverage on the outside, we're just so much more predictable. We still do it, just far, far, far less.

I agree with everything you said except for the part about Clay. Clay is still generating pressure and playing great, but he doesn't have the sack numbers this year so everyone assumes he is playing bad.

yooperfan
11-20-2011, 04:12 PM
10-0 !!!!!!

Offense has an off day and scores 35. Defense is still having trouble but 2 more interceptions and kept
them in the 20s.

on to Thanksgiving!

Bretsky
11-20-2011, 04:31 PM
a Couple comments

Clay Matthews....I think they gave him more plays off that usual.......partyly because it's a short week and I suspect he's banged up

Marshall Newhouse.........another day showing he's not there yet. Come back Soon Cliffy !!!!

AtlPackFan
11-20-2011, 04:32 PM

Actually I agree with Pittstang5 on this but then I am Eeyore. :-)

Joemailman
11-20-2011, 05:37 PM

Detroit fans could be saying the same thing. They had to come from behind at home against Carolina.

Are we perhaps getting a bit spoiled if the offense puts up 35 and people think they played poorly?

channtheman
11-20-2011, 05:48 PM
Rodgers game today is great for any team, but for us it is average. That tells you all you need to know. I'm glad this team isn't playing perfectly, there is no way they can get complacent or arrogant when they play so poorly.

Curious if anyone else thought this (without having read through the thread), but did it seem like Rodgers forced the ball to James Jones that was subsequently picked off? I recall Rodgers talking to Jones on the sideline and then the next throw was forced to a covered Jones and was intercepted. I looked at the box score and saw Jones and no catches today. If Rodgers did force it to Jones, I hope he learned a valuable lesson and will not do that in the future.

Fosco33
11-20-2011, 06:00 PM
Rodgers game today is great for any team, but for us it is average. That tells you all you need to know. I'm glad this team isn't playing perfectly, there is no way they can get complacent or arrogant when they play so poorly.

Curious if anyone else thought this (without having read through the thread), but did it seem like Rodgers forced the ball to James Jones that was subsequently picked off? I recall Rodgers talking to Jones on the sideline and then the next throw was forced to a covered Jones and was intercepted. I looked at the box score and saw Jones and no catches today. If Rodgers did force it to Jones, I hope he learned a valuable lesson and will not do that in the future.

Jones could've tried coming to the ball... between that and the dropped 1st down - I'm beginning to wonder if he'll pan out.

gbgary
11-20-2011, 06:03 PM
they were asking for someone to jump a route with all the sideways balls that were thrown. kinda dumb and not our usual.

Fosco33
11-20-2011, 06:06 PM
I can't believe we didn't have more success on the ground. Starks was 11 for 38 w/ a long of 20? I was expecting a lot more.

Pugger
11-20-2011, 06:06 PM
At this point Sitton should sit to get healthy.

Has he been ailing? I've been wondering why is play has slipped...

pittstang5
11-20-2011, 06:21 PM
So what's the injury report. Saw Finley and Jennings got hurt right before halftime. Starks, I heard has a knee sprain. Didn't see if Jennings or Finley cam back after halftime.

Pugger
11-20-2011, 06:32 PM
Not last year. We blitzed with man outside and Collins single over the top. This year, Capers isn't doing it.

Last year both.
This year almost all zone.

When we do man up, we've been torched over the top. Capers just stopped doing it. This isn't working either. Might have to do both equally shitty, at least there's an element of surprise there.

I guess we are missing Collins big time, huh? I hope he can play again next season...

Pugger
11-20-2011, 06:34 PM
he touched him...that's not a block. still great field position.

It wasn't Jones who blocked in the back. It was another Packer but I can't remember who right now. The ref called out the wrong guy there. If you can rewatch the game you'll see another Packer player close by with the penalty.

Pugger
11-20-2011, 06:38 PM
thank god for jordy

Yup, our token white WR. :wink: :lol:

Pugger
11-20-2011, 06:42 PM

I think it is the club too. He could have tackled Blount on that embarassing TD run but couldn't wrap him up. Anybody hear how much longer he has to wear that darn thing? We also have to remember he's still basically a rookie. His "rookie" season last year was lost so he's still learning on the run with only one freaking hand.

Pugger
11-20-2011, 06:45 PM

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU MISS THAT!!! FUcking Christ!

DOINK! If he has to miss one thank god it was that one and not one we needed for the win! :shock:

Pugger
11-20-2011, 06:47 PM

:lol: :lol:

Pugger
11-20-2011, 06:50 PM

a Couple comments

Clay Matthews....I think they gave him more plays off that usual.......partyly because it's a short week and I suspect he's banged up

Marshall Newhouse.........another day showing he's not there yet. Come back Soon Cliffy !!!!

Is there any chance at all that Cliffy will be ready on Thursday? I fear for Rodgers' health and well being with those Neanderthals on Detroits' D line. :-(

Pugger
11-20-2011, 06:53 PM

Jones could've tried coming to the ball... between that and the dropped 1st down - I'm beginning to wonder if he'll pan out.

I wonder if ARod was late with that throw? I appeared like Jones was waiting for it and by the time the ball got there the defender recovered and stepped in front of it.

Pugger
11-20-2011, 06:55 PM
So what's the injury report. Saw Finley and Jennings got hurt right before halftime. Starks, I heard has a knee sprain. Didn't see if Jennings or Finley cam back after halftime.

Both Finley and Jennings were back but Jennings had a quiet afternoon. Tampa must've been shadowing him like crazy. Happily Jordy stepped up big time.

red
11-20-2011, 07:01 PM
I can't believe we didn't have more success on the ground. Starks was 11 for 38 w/ a long of 20? I was expecting a lot more.

those numbers are surprising, i thought his numbers would be much better then that. he did run hard in the 4th though when everyone else seemed to suck everything up

we gotta ditch those long drawn out sweeps, they just aren't working

King Friday
11-20-2011, 07:40 PM
We really don't have a solid starting caliber RB. Starks is probably around the 25th best RB in the league...I'd love to see Seine get a chance at running the ball down the stretch, because I'm guessing he has a little more burst than Starks. With our passing game, having a fast RB would be a nice option. Starks and Grant just don't make for a good tandem IMO.

King Friday
11-20-2011, 07:43 PM

Some of it. Some of it is also Collins being out. Collins took care of his own business and Burnett could take more chances. Now with his cast and without Collins, I think Burnett is playing it safe...which probably is the right move at this point. Tough to be aggressive with one hand.

King Friday
11-20-2011, 07:49 PM
I saw this one coming...the offense was due for an off game. If an off game is 350 yards of offense and 35 points, I'll take it. Our defense clearly isn't going to be as good as last year...but our offense this year certainly is better though.

However, I'm getting a BAD feeling about having to play SF for the NFC title game in Lambeau in January. SF is built to win in the weather...we are not. If Starks is dinged up, it makes the situation even more stomach turning.

mr_blonde
11-20-2011, 08:05 PM
I don't fear the 49ers so much .... at Lambeau or in SF ...
.... it's the fucking Bears who I think may be the main obstacle for the Packers in their the Super Bowl run.

The Bears seem pretty focused and are a veteran team. If the Packers are going to be beaten in the playoffs, the team that will beat them will excel at special teams and will have a solid defense.

The Bears are that team in the NFC right now.

Nonetheless .... THE BEARS STILL SUCK ....

pittstang5
11-20-2011, 08:09 PM
.... it's the fucking Bears who I think may be the main obstacle for the Packers in their the Super Bowl run.

The Bears seem pretty focused and are a veteran team. If the Packers are going to be beaten in the playoffs, the team that will beat them will excel at special teams and will have a solid defense.

I agree. I can't see Alex Smith moving up and down the field all day, even against the Packers pathetic attempt of calling what they put on the field a defense. The Bears do scare me though.

mission
11-20-2011, 08:26 PM
Well, Jay Cutler just broke the thumb on his throwing hand so we'll see what effect that has.

King Friday
11-20-2011, 08:30 PM
Cutler will always fail in the clutch...the Bears will play us tough, but don't scare me in Lambeau.

pittstang5
11-20-2011, 08:36 PM
Well, Jay Cutler just broke the thumb on his throwing hand so we'll see what effect that has.

Really? Damn, however, I remember a former Packer and future hall of Famer that broke his thumb and actually played pretty good.

mission
11-20-2011, 08:49 PM
Really? Damn, however, I remember a former Packer and future hall of Famer that broke his thumb and actually played pretty good.

Surgery likely and there's a fear it could end his season. Can't figure out how to copy/paste stuff on twitter iPad app, but yeah, news coming out tonight.

MadScientist
11-20-2011, 09:12 PM
He may have survived the hairline crack in the thumb, but when he had the sprained thumb, he sucked.

He's been playing well, so this could be a big blow to the Be*rs.

pbmax
11-20-2011, 09:13 PM
Rodgers said he never saw the defender. Jones broke off a route, lost his coverage man and redirected to the outside. Rodgers found him open and threw it but did not account for a different defender inside and between he and Jones. That defender came off his man to recover Jones. They had so much time that the defender came in from wide and actually passed Jones as Jones went wide. That's how the DB ended up between Rodgers and Jones.

Several players said Starks was walking OK and seemed upbeat in the locker room afterward. No idea on Jennings

It was Jones on the block in the back. Though, to be honest, 10 yards after a 58 yard return isn't the end of the world.

pbmax
11-20-2011, 09:17 PM
Twitter has Jennings with just a bruise and should be OK.

smuggler
11-20-2011, 10:10 PM
Surgery likely and there's a fear it could end his season. Can't figure out how to copy/paste stuff on twitter iPad app, but yeah, news coming out tonight.

From what some people are saying, he is actually having surgery right now on his thumb.

pbmax
11-20-2011, 10:30 PM

He had adjusted his route to run outside. To adjust to the ball, he would have had to reverse his direction. in his field of view, that would put him closer to the defender in question.

pbmax
11-20-2011, 10:31 PM
those numbers are surprising, i thought his numbers would be much better then that. he did run hard in the 4th though when everyone else seemed to suck everything up

we gotta ditch those long drawn out sweeps, they just aren't working

The 20 yard gain came on just such a play to the right behind Bulaga.

pbmax
11-20-2011, 10:41 PM

The team the Packers beat by 10 in Chicago? Without Collins or Tramon? The Bears are always tough, but the 9ers are a huge unknown.

pbmax
11-20-2011, 10:47 PM
Just saw Woodson's gravedigger move. He really has bought into the Packer experience.

denverYooper
11-21-2011, 11:36 AM
Just saw Woodson's gravedigger move. He really has bought into the Packer experience.

Shows a solid appreciation for the history of the franchise.

George Cumby
11-21-2011, 11:53 AM
I saw this one coming...the offense was due for an off game. If an off game is 350 yards of offense and 35 points, I'll take it. Our defense clearly isn't going to be as good as last year...but our offense this year certainly is better though.

However, I'm getting a BAD feeling about having to play SF for the NFC title game in Lambeau in January. SF is built to win in the weather...we are not. If Starks is dinged up, it makes the situation even more stomach turning.

Concur. The Niners are playing with confidence.

Watching the Bears dismantle SD yesterday impressed me, but now that Cutler's out, not so much.

Unless the Pack re-focuses, I think Thursday is not going to go well.

Anyone else have a feeling of impending doom?

mmmdk
11-21-2011, 11:54 AM

When Cutler went down, Mr.Whatshisname almost QB'ed Bears back to tie the Packers in the NFC Champ game.

gbgary
11-21-2011, 11:55 AM

dammit i missed it. wonder if it's on youtube.

George Cumby
11-21-2011, 11:55 AM

And why the hell didn't we call more runs? Starks was PUNISHING them. If he'd been fed the ball a handful more times it would have made play action that much more effective. Their D-line was just pinning their ears back and coming up-field.

M3 still manages to frustrate at times....

swede
11-21-2011, 12:04 PM
I am simply flabbergasted.

We should be clubbing these guys like a baby harp seal.

Baby Harp Seal walks into a bar.
Bartender says, "What would you like?
Baby Harp Seal says, "Anything but a Canadian Club."

vince
11-21-2011, 12:05 PM
Many of Starks runs were of the short pass/dump-off variety. Starks had a good game running with the ball overall.

gbgary
11-21-2011, 12:21 PM
Baby Harp Seal walks into a bar.
Bartender says, "What would you like?
Baby Harp Seal says, "Anything but a Canadian Club."

:rs:

Freak Out
11-21-2011, 05:40 PM
GREEN BAY — One person was arrested and 23 were ejected from Sunday's game between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field, according to Green Bay police Capt. Rick Demro.

The arrest was for unlawful conduct at a public event, which carries an $870 bond. The single arrest was a season low. Attendance was 70,498.

Arrest totals for the four other regular-season Packers games are as follows: Six arrests and 43 ejections at the Nov. 14 Minnesota Vikings game; three arrests and eight ejections at the Oct. 16 St. Louis Rams game; four arrests and three ejections at the Oct. 2 Denver Broncos game; and seven arrests and 24 ejections at the Sept. 8 New Orleans Saints game.

— Press-Gazette

Joemailman
11-21-2011, 06:31 PM
GREEN BAY — One person was arrested and 23 were ejected from Sunday's game between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field, according to Green Bay police Capt. Rick Demro.

The arrest was for unlawful conduct at a public event, which carries an $870 bond. The single arrest was a season low. Attendance was 70,498.

Arrest totals for the four other regular-season Packers games are as follows: Six arrests and 43 ejections at the Nov. 14 Minnesota Vikings game; three arrests and eight ejections at the Oct. 16 St. Louis Rams game; four arrests and three ejections at the Oct. 2 Denver Broncos game; and seven arrests and 24 ejections at the Sept. 8 New Orleans Saints game.

— Press-Gazette

Seems to be less trouble at the noon games (St. Louis, Tampa Bay). Less time to drink in excess?