PDA

View Full Version : The new "other" football thread

red
11-20-2011, 01:32 PM
we need ones of these, we had the world cup thread for awhile but that got old

some are questioning my new av. its the badge of leeds united for those that don't know

it took me years to find just the right team to root for, and it makes it even harder when you never get to see any of the teams play. but i love the story of them being on top, then having everything fall apart and dropping like a stone. its fun following this team as they rebuild. i love the old loud stadium (i hate all the new mordern ones popping up). i love how they're fans travel so well and make their presence felt at away games. and i love how 40,000 can sing "marching on together" in perfect unison.

love it.

and of course i'll be watching chelsea and liverpool right after the packer game is over

lets light this thread up european rats

Bretsky
11-20-2011, 04:33 PM
Mad, if you have powers can you plz put this thread on permanent invisibility for me ?? World Cup. Who cares. I'd watch ping pong instead :)

Bretsky
11-20-2011, 04:34 PM
To be honest I was wondering what that picture was of Red; I was trying to put some sexual connotation together for LUFC.....there were a few options...all inappropriate

red
11-20-2011, 04:37 PM
To be honest I was wondering what that picture was of Red; I was trying to put some sexual connotation together for LUFC.....there were a few options...all inappropriate

i would expect nothing less from you lol

laughably ugly fat chick?

in reality it stands for Leeds United Football Club

GrnBay007
11-20-2011, 04:52 PM

What up with that????

Luscious Unbelievably Fabulous Chics!!

.....don't make me call u gay!! lol ;)

red
11-20-2011, 06:51 PM
What up with that????

Luscious Unbelievably Fabulous Chics!!

.....don't make me call u gay!! lol ;)

i ain't gay. i'm just not into ugly fat chicks

b might be, but i'm not

wootah
11-21-2011, 04:42 AM
Yeah, a soccer thread!

I'm not really familiar with the English 2nd Division, but it seems Leeds is playing well there. I remember my favorite team (Anderlecht) playing them in the Champions league ages ago (10-15 years). They had a couple of scumbags on their team back then; Alan Smith and this small winger who was later arrested for a racial beatdown with another teammate. Leeds won though, which at a young age made me realize that even if there was a righteous god, he surely was not interested in soccer.

A lot changed since then: Leeds crumbled apart and Anderlecht faced the facts of playing in a tiny competition. The budgets in the big countries skyrocketed, and the current succesfull clubs created enormous debts in order to acquire the players they wanted. We are currently a big fish in a small pond that is the Belgian 1st Division.

There's an American playing for Anderlecht this season; Sasha Kljestan. He's a decent player, nothing spectacular, but his biggest achievement by far is getting hooked up with a Victoria Secret model. Respect.

I saw a friendly between Belgium & the US a couple of months ago. Belgium won 1-0, but the quality difference was clear. USA has a high effort team, but they lacked the individual skills, it seems. Their best player was José Torres, which will make MTP proud. I'm not a big fan of Klinsmann (the coach), he won't stay too long I guess.

Bretsky: aren't you aware of the fact that the overwhelming majority of adult female soccer players are lesbians? By disrespecting soccer, you are in fact disrespecting all lesbians all over the world. Get your priorities fixed, mister...
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-a0-3ouOwB7M/TgyH6hrsQ5I/AAAAAAAAAj4/9m-hrQsj-z4/s1600/1%252Cw%253D189.bild.jpg

Bretsky
11-22-2011, 06:20 AM
i would expect nothing less from you lol

in reality it stands for Leeds United Football Club

Ah Red....for me......the only word the L could represent was Lesbians........then it went from there

wootah
11-30-2011, 07:43 AM
Red, I've heard that during the game yesterday, Leeds fans sang Gary Speed songs for 11 mins, starting from the 11th minute. I'm not a big Leeds fan, but that's class.

gbgary
12-01-2011, 09:21 AM
yup...pretty classey...for leeds scum. ;)

Man Utd bombed out of the carling cup yesterday. embarrassing. Sir Alex played mostly reserve players but that's no excuse.

wootah
05-15-2012, 04:38 AM
Time to get this topic from under the dust with the European Championship approaching. Is anyone (besides Red) going to follow this?

Red, did you see the last match of the Premier League where Man City played for the title? That was one of the craziest finishes I've ever seen. Gotta love the joga bonito!

A fun fact; with Kompany being elected as best player in the Premier League, that leaves tiny Belgium having the best player in England, Holland (Vertonghen), Greece (Mirallas) & France (Hazard).

Gunakor
05-15-2012, 05:42 AM
I hope they play the MC/QPR game in it's entirety later in the week on FSC. I only saw the highlights. Crazy finish, would love to see the game that led up to it.

sooner6600
05-15-2012, 07:02 AM
Did QPR lay down? Or was extra time kept by NBA officials to determine the outcome.

Go Villians.

woodbuck27
05-15-2012, 07:14 PM
Yeah, a soccer thread!

I'm not really familiar with the English 2nd Division, but it seems Leeds is playing well there. I remember my favorite team (Anderlecht) playing them in the Champions league ages ago (10-15 years). They had a couple of scumbags on their team back then; Alan Smith and this small winger who was later arrested for a racial beatdown with another teammate. Leeds won though, which at a young age made me realize that even if there was a righteous god, he surely was not interested in soccer.

A lot changed since then: Leeds crumbled apart and Anderlecht faced the facts of playing in a tiny competition. The budgets in the big countries skyrocketed, and the current succesfull clubs created enormous debts in order to acquire the players they wanted. We are currently a big fish in a small pond that is the Belgian 1st Division.

There's an American playing for Anderlecht this season; Sasha Kljestan. He's a decent player, nothing spectacular, but his biggest achievement by far is getting hooked up with a Victoria Secret model. Respect.

I saw a friendly between Belgium & the US a couple of months ago. Belgium won 1-0, but the quality difference was clear. USA has a high effort team, but they lacked the individual skills, it seems. Their best player was José Torres, which will make MTP proud. I'm not a big fan of Klinsmann (the coach), he won't stay too long I guess.

Bretsky: aren't you aware of the fact that the overwhelming majority of adult female soccer players are lesbians? By disrespecting soccer, you are in fact disrespecting all lesbians all over the world. Get your priorities fixed, mister...
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-a0-3ouOwB7M/TgyH6hrsQ5I/AAAAAAAAAj4/9m-hrQsj-z4/s1600/1%252Cw%253D189.bild.jpg

Those gals are:

le..le..less..lesbaa..lesbaba..lesbaeee..lesughbae eah..lesbaeeaahhunun..lessbeeahhunn..uun..eee..uns ?

OK.

Gunakor
05-16-2012, 10:36 PM
Holy shit, just saw that game. Thought maybe QPR was maybe the USMNT in disguise, that defend and counter for 90 minutes strategy looked awfully familiar.

Does Joey Barton's suspension carry over to the next EPL season since his straight red came in the final game of this one? Or does it simply end with the end of the league year?

red
05-17-2012, 06:46 PM
Time to get this topic from under the dust with the European Championship approaching. Is anyone (besides Red) going to follow this?

Red, did you see the last match of the Premier League where Man City played for the title? That was one of the craziest finishes I've ever seen. Gotta love the joga bonito!

A fun fact; with Kompany being elected as best player in the Premier League, that leaves tiny Belgium having the best player in England, Holland (Vertonghen), Greece (Mirallas) & France (Hazard).

i watched the first half, then i had to go to brunch with mom for mothers day and missed all the fun. i was shocked when i read about how the game finished. kicking myself for missing that one.

SkinBasket
05-17-2012, 07:06 PM
I played soccer for something like 10 years. I just don't understand how people who aren't playing can watch it.

You people obviously have something seriously wrong with you.

woodbuck27
05-18-2012, 09:47 AM
I played soccer for something like 10 years. I just don't understand how people who aren't playing can watch it.

You people obviously have something seriously wrong with you.

Soccer is the anti-hockey.

wootah
06-20-2012, 07:43 AM
I just don't understand how people who aren't playing can watch it.

http://cdn.balls.ie/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/ibravolley.gif

Ibra last night. Could watch that thing for hours. Just an incredible display of skill & athleticism.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5vxk3Qxqn1qgf627o1_1280.jpg

Freak Out
06-22-2012, 05:14 PM
It was nice to see the Germans beat down the Greeks.

Bretsky
06-22-2012, 08:45 PM
I thought this thread was somthing interesting like chick bikini football

Freak Out
06-24-2012, 04:27 PM
How in the fuck did England get as far as they did? Ugly game against Italy.

Iron Mike
06-24-2012, 04:41 PM
It was nice to see the Germans beat down the Greeks.

Did you hear about the Greek boy who left home, because he didn't like the way he was being reared??

MJZiggy
06-24-2012, 05:40 PM
Did you hear about the Greek boy who left home, because he didn't like the way he was being reared??Was he staying with the Sandusky's perhaps?

Iron Mike
06-24-2012, 05:51 PM
Did you hear about the Greek boy who left home, because he didn't like the way he was being reared??

I heard that he went back, because he couldn't leave his brothers behind....

Fixed. :)

Freak Out
06-24-2012, 06:28 PM
lol. leave it to MIke,

wootah
06-25-2012, 01:07 AM
How in the fuck did England get as far as they did? Ugly game against Italy.

Stuff like this can happen when in the first round you are in a group with an organizing country. Glad they're out.

Only quality left now: Portugal-Spain & Germany-Italy. Should be great games...

wootah
06-25-2012, 08:21 AM
I thought this thread was somthing interesting like chick bikini football

You're not that far off, B.

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/152/358317646_9d5ac2eb43_z.jpg

Freak Out
06-25-2012, 12:52 PM
Stuff like this can happen when in the first round you are in a group with an organizing country. Glad they're out.

Only quality left now: Portugal-Spain & Germany-Italy. Should be great games...

Italy should have won that game 4 - 5 to nil. They totally dominated except for the score board. There were 2 or 3 shots off the wood plus so many other opportunities for the WOPS. Not having watched England much I was just surprised to see the big gaps in talent between the two teams.

Looking forward to the remaining games and would love to see Portugal and Germany in the final. Germany because of my ancestary and many German friends....Portugal because I know a shitload of Espanya band wagon fans and want to see them cry.

wootah
06-29-2012, 06:17 AM
Portugal-Spain was a terrible game, but Italy-Germany made more than up for that. What a game, what a second goal by Balotelli; top class finishing. The "non-celebration" afterwards was hilarious.

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/BALOTELLI-WILL-WRECK-YOU.gif

Freak Out
06-29-2012, 06:19 PM
Balotelli is an interesting story...and a heck of a player. I haven't seen the numbers but I was really impressed with how they handled the German attack.

Who is the Italian keeper...Buffon? Hell of a run for him.