PDA

View Full Version : Do you think A-Rod...........

PA Pack Fan
11-21-2011, 06:41 AM
was a little off target due to the blow to the head he took on that run in the first quarter? I'd rather he slide than tough guy it and take shots like that.

bobblehead
11-21-2011, 06:43 AM
It did cross my mind. I hope we are just gun shy. On a plus note if we are right, how sick was it that he still had a 110+ rating and another great day.

pbmax
11-21-2011, 06:48 AM
Was it a direct shot to the head? I thought I remembered he got pounded in his shoulder?

Pugger
11-21-2011, 07:27 AM
I don't recall ARod getting hit in the head yesterday either...I just think he showed us he's human. :wink:

vince
11-21-2011, 07:29 AM
There was some incidental helmet-to-helmet on the play, but Rodgers hopped right up and did a great job of covering any degree of bell ringing that may have occurred. I don't think it really affected him much myself.

PA Pack Fan
11-21-2011, 08:10 AM
I don't recall ARod getting hit in the head yesterday either...I just think he showed us he's human. :wink:

He took a head shot, and spun about 90 degrees. After that, he started to be a bit inacurate.

You must have been getting a beer.

pittstang5
11-21-2011, 08:19 AM
Was it a direct shot to the head? I thought I remembered he got pounded in his shoulder?

That's what I remember, took a shot to his left shoulder. I remember my wife saying, "Ouch, Hope he's ok." and me saying, "Ah, it's his non-throwing arm, he'll be fine." That was near the goal line, before Raji put it in - maybe?

pbmax
11-21-2011, 08:37 AM
He took a head shot, and spun about 90 degrees. After that, he started to be a bit inacurate.

Goal line run or another play?

hoosier
11-21-2011, 09:08 AM
The thought crossed my mind too. It was at the end of the first drive as ARod was scrambling and trying to get to the end zone. He got spun around and hit in the shoulder/back with a grazing blow to the helmet.

MadtownPacker
11-21-2011, 01:19 PM
Seemed like he did take a sec to gather himself after the hit in question. Based on his past I would say the hit was concerning.

Upnorth
11-21-2011, 01:48 PM
I think he was fine through the game. Did anyone else think at the end of the game they were trying to pad his stats, posdsibly to make up for jones?

Guiness
11-21-2011, 01:54 PM
I think he was fine through the game. Did anyone else think at the end of the game they were trying to pad his stats, posdsibly to make up for jones?

He finished with 299 yards passing. He would have eight 300 yard games with one more yard here, and 3 more in week 3.

gbpackfan
11-21-2011, 01:58 PM
NO. This concussion talk is getting absurd.

denverYooper
11-21-2011, 01:59 PM
He finished with 299 yards passing. He would have eight 300 yard games with one more yard here, and 3 more in week 3.

The last throw to Kuhn lost 1 yard.

denverYooper
11-21-2011, 01:59 PM

I thought it was silly that they were throwing the ball at that point.

Pugger
11-21-2011, 02:03 PM

I wish! I could've used a beer during that game to calm my nerves. :lol: I just don't remember a head shot but he took enough other hits tho.

yooperfan
11-21-2011, 02:03 PM
I thought Rogers was off a little from the start. Didn't he start like 1 for 4?

pbmax
11-21-2011, 03:18 PM
He did say the the press conference that he did not have a good feel for the ball and several throws came out bad. That plus the slipping almost makes me want to play the practice outside card.

vince
11-21-2011, 03:20 PM
He did say the the press conference that he did not have a good feel for the ball and several throws came out bad. That plus the slipping almost makes me want to play the practice outside card.
I'm pretty sure they did practice outside last week in 34 degree windy weather.

Upnorth
11-21-2011, 03:59 PM
I thought it was silly that they were throwing the ball at that point.

Considering how MM takes his foot of the gas normally I thought it was completly ridiculous they were still throwing at that point. The only thing I could come up with was to make up for the pick (ie padding stats). It was still stupid at that point.

mraynrand
11-21-2011, 04:11 PM

I prefer the "dunk the ball in the bucket 'o ice water" drill!