PDA

View Full Version : Shut Up Pansys

Joemailman
11-21-2011, 06:49 PM
I'm sick and tired of Packer fans (including some here) saying the Packers are better off playing on the road in the playoffs because the cold weather doesn't suit their offensive style. Shut the hell up! Packer fans deserve some home playoff games. If the Packers can't win in January in Lambeau, they don't deserve Vince's trophy.

http://sportsnickel.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/ice-bowl-1967jpg_medium1.jpg

MadtownPacker
11-21-2011, 06:57 PM
Damn, thats hella gangsta!

But anyways, fuck you cuz if they play in SF I get to go. :lol:

Packgator
11-21-2011, 07:07 PM
The Packers have won their last 5 December and January home games by an average score of 33-12.

Brandon494
11-21-2011, 07:30 PM
The Packers have won their last 5 December and January home games by an average score of 33-12.

Thats nice and all but the 49ers have a team that is built to play in cold weather and matches up great against us. After seeing the way our defense tackled yesterday I want our offense to have the advantage because I have no faith in this defense.

MadtownPacker
11-21-2011, 07:40 PM
Thats nice and all but the 49ers have a team that is built to play in cold weather and matches up great against us. After seeing the way our defense tackled yesterday I want our offense to have the advantage because I have no faith in this defense.
Thats something I thought about also but Gore and the rookie RB the 49ers have are not like Blunt. They are fast and way smaller so I think they could be handled by the DL and LBers and the S and the CBs. Unlike Blunt (cuz he smoked the entire D).

Brando19
11-21-2011, 07:51 PM

I have to agree with Brandon on this one. The Packers are a PASSING team....it's hard to pass in snowy, freezing weather. We have no running game...bottom line.
With that said...Brandon...where the hell have you been in fantasy football? You just gave up and are giving easy wins to people!!!! You don't set your roster anymore and three of your roster spots gave big fat goose eggs this week because of byes or they weren't playing!

mraynrand
11-21-2011, 07:56 PM
it's hard to pass in snowy, freezing weather.

Nah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe433InyTpg

Brando19
11-21-2011, 08:07 PM
Nah

Yeah...that looks easy. I can see it now...Driver has to be carted off the field because he shattered, AJ Hawk's nose got frostbit, and BJ Raji ate a world record 45 cups of Wendy's chili on the sideline.

channtheman
11-21-2011, 08:21 PM
I'd rather be 16-0 and have homefield advantage.

Guiness
11-21-2011, 08:44 PM
Nah

That video is hilarious! I love the announcers saying 'somewhere around the 30 or 35 yard line'. Cause they had no idea! Imagine punters trying to plant and kick. TB had an unfair advantage with their winter cammo uni's!

I wonder if they would even play that game today?

Brandon494
11-21-2011, 08:49 PM
I have to agree with Brandon on this one. The Packers are a PASSING team....it's hard to pass in snowy, freezing weather. We have no running game...bottom line.
With that said...Brandon...where the hell have you been in fantasy football? You just gave up and are giving easy wins to people!!!! You don't set your roster anymore and three of your roster spots gave big fat goose eggs this week because of byes or they weren't playing!

My bad, I've been concentrating so much in this other paid fantasy league I'm in I forgot all about it.

pbmax
11-21-2011, 08:50 PM
The Packers don't draft QBs with 10 1/2 inch appendages just to impress the ladies.

:shock:

Its so they can throw in snow.

Joemailman
11-21-2011, 08:52 PM

Pansys.

denverYooper
11-21-2011, 09:30 PM
The Packers don't draft QBs with 10 1/2 inch appendages just to impress the ladies.

This.

They're built to air it out no matter what the conditions and to be better at it than anyone who enters the frozen tundra. A team that tries to slug it out on the ground in Lambeau in January is going to be bringing a knife to a gunfight.

Packers4Glory
11-21-2011, 09:40 PM
GB showed in Chicago on that crappy field that they can play in cold weather w less than ideal conditions. These days in bad weather it's not about who can run it better, it's who can throw it to convert 3rd downs. The passing game is even more important. Field conditions + weather often negate any teams running advantage and evens it out.

Brandon494
11-21-2011, 09:51 PM
GB showed in Chicago on that crappy field that they can play in cold weather w less than ideal conditions. These days in bad weather it's not about who can run it better, it's who can throw it to convert 3rd downs. The passing game is even more important. Field conditions + weather often negate any teams running advantage and evens it out.

Yea and Rodgers played like shit posting a 55.4 QB rating which is his career low.

Upnorth
11-21-2011, 10:01 PM
I thought this thread would be about cutler.

Packers4Glory
11-21-2011, 10:06 PM
Yea and Rodgers played like shit posting a 55.4 QB rating which is his career low.

They started off hot. He just went cold later. Hanie came in and made some noise thru the air.

HarveyWallbangers
11-21-2011, 10:12 PM
At the 3:20 mark, Dickey throws a cannon (dude had a quick release and a good arm) to James Lofton, and Lofton pulls a James Jones. :)

HarveyWallbangers
11-21-2011, 10:15 PM
Rodgers played better than his stats. He had the bad pick to Urlacher, but the other pick went off Driver's shoes.

MJZiggy
11-21-2011, 10:21 PM
And by the way, it's pansies.

pbmax
11-21-2011, 10:54 PM

Concussions can happen in the warm too.

pbmax
11-21-2011, 10:56 PM
And by the way, it's pansies.

They always sprout this time of year. :)

channtheman
11-21-2011, 10:58 PM
Rodgers also posted one of the best games by a QB ever against the Giants last year in a cold weather game at Lambeau Field.

It's not really logical to compare Rodgers play at Chicago on a shitty field where he usually has his worst games, to homefield at Lambeau where he has been just as good in the warm as he is in the cold.

smuggler
11-21-2011, 11:44 PM
LOL Were all of Dickey's passes frozen ropes like that? Did he have a stronger arm than Favre and Rodgers?

HarveyWallbangers
11-21-2011, 11:50 PM
LOL Were all of Dickey's passes frozen ropes like that? Did he have a stronger arm than Favre and Rodgers?

I wouldn't say he had a stronger arm, but he had a good one. Very good for the era.

Harlan Huckleby
11-21-2011, 11:53 PM
fuck you cuz if they play in SF I get to go. :lol: I'll bet. How far is the Castro from stadium?

I want pack to get bye and at least 1 home playoff game.

The Packers are better off playing on the road in the playoffs because the cold weather doesn't suit their offensive style.

CaliforniaCheez
11-21-2011, 11:57 PM
1) You have seen the Packers play and you know their flaws.

2) You have not seen as much of the 49'ers.
a) Alex Smith and the 49'er offense cannot keep up with the Packers offense.
b) They won against the Bengals by a touchdown, Giants by a pick six, and Lions by 2 FG's.
c) The 49'ers are not supermen. An injured Tony Romo and the Cowboys beat them.
d) The coldest game they will play in is Thanksgiving evening in Baltimore. In the dead of winter in SF it gets down to 40 degrees at night.

3) I have seen almost all the 49'er games. They have more flaws than the Packers.
4) Consider the Packers playoff record against the 49'ers. 4-1 and the 1 was a freak Hail Mary.

Lurker64
11-22-2011, 12:05 AM
Nah

It's really not fair that the Bucs got to wear camouflage in that game.

packrulz
11-22-2011, 05:08 AM
As long as they practice in the cold the Packers should have a huge advantage playing at home. Lately everyone has been saying you don't need much of a running game to win in the NFL, but, I disagree, in the cold you have to be able to pound the ball. Lombardi understood that, I hope M3 does.

bobblehead
11-22-2011, 06:05 AM
Nah

I was at that game.....15 years old, I drove a snowmobile 27 miles, parked in the parking lot and walked in with no ticket.

Pugger
11-22-2011, 07:21 AM
It's really not fair that the Bucs got to wear camouflage in that game.

My hubby and I were at this game too! We lived near the Goal Post Inn in Bellevue and walked over to the bar and took their bus to the game. It was an absolute blast - mainly because wins back then were few and far between! There were only around 20,000 brave souls there. Most of us ended up sitting in the north end zone so we could have the wind at our back. You couldn't see the action in the south end zone very well and I had to keep scooping the snow out of my beer cup! :wink: I remember seeing some crazy fans in the south end tobagganing down the aisles on flattened cardboard boxes. :lol: You know, when it is snowing like that it isn't that cold. I was at that monsoon playoff game against the 49ers in the '90s and the cold windy rain that day was no fun to sit thru.

Bobblehead, do you remember seeing the ground littered with tickets near every gate? If you could get to the stadium that day you could get in!

Upnorth
11-22-2011, 09:17 AM
TWo things, 1) Dickey threw a beautiful snowball!
2)Puggers a girl??? I did not know that.

Packgator
11-22-2011, 09:39 AM
Rodgers average stat line while going 5-0 at home in December/January since 2009.....

21-32
286 (Yards)
2.4 (TD's)
0.6 (INT's)

yooperfan
11-22-2011, 09:48 AM
3/5th of an interception!!!! every game ?? Damn the cold

Pugger
11-22-2011, 09:49 AM
TWo things, 1) Dickey threw a beautiful snowball!
2)Puggers a girl??? I did not know that.

Yup. I'm one of those gals who would rather talk sports with the guys than talk about shopping with the gals. :wink: I was a tomboy as a kid too.

Upnorth
11-22-2011, 09:50 AM
Yup. I'm one of those gals who would rather talk sports with the guys than talk about shopping with the gals. :wink: I was a tomboy as a kid too.

Sorry for callong you a dwarf on the other thread

gbgary
11-22-2011, 10:07 AM
My hubby and I were at this game too! We lived near the Goal Post Inn in Bellevue and walked over to the bar and took their bus to the game. It was an absolute blast - mainly because wins back then were few and far between! There were only around 20,000 brave souls there. Most of us ended up sitting in the north end zone so we could have the wind at our back. You couldn't see the action in the south end zone very well and I had to keep scooping the snow out of my beer cup! :wink: I remember seeing some crazy fans in the south end tobagganing down the aisles on flattened cardboard boxes. :lol: You know, when it is snowing like that it isn't that cold. I was at that monsoon playoff game against the 49ers in the '90s and the cold windy rain that day was no fun to sit thru.

Bobblehead, do you remember seeing the ground littered with tickets near every gate? If you could get to the stadium that day you could get in!

great stuff!! Green Bay doesn't get a snow game all that often.

Pugger
11-22-2011, 10:08 AM

You did? I don't recall so no biggie. :grin:

Upnorth
11-22-2011, 10:11 AM
Getting back to football, the 49ers have the lowest scoring defence at 14.5/game. Packers are giving up 21.2/game.
On the o side of the ball the 49ers are getting 25.6/game to our 35.5/game.

This alone looks like an advantage to us, however 49ers have 9 rush tds to 13 pass. We have 8 to 31. Thinking back to my football days, and also doing some independant reading, when it is snowy or icy rushing o suffers more than pass o, as the defence has to react to the receiver and are subject to slips more. During rain it is the pass o which suffers more from the slippery ball on release and in the air.

Long story short, I think a cold home feild is and advantage to us over the 49ers. I know I originally leaned the other way, but have changed my position.

Guiness
11-22-2011, 10:15 AM

lol, you're apologizing because she's a girl? Maybe Pugger is actually short and bearded!

Upnorth
11-22-2011, 10:20 AM
lol, you're apologizing because she's a girl? Maybe Pugger is actually short and bearded!

For what its worth my wife is very senstive right now and would probably kick me in the nuts if I called her a Dwarf. Guess I am just projecting.

Guiness
11-22-2011, 10:30 AM
For what its worth my wife is very senstive right now and would probably kick me in the nuts if I called her a Dwarf. Guess I am just projecting.

Good guess.

Zool
11-22-2011, 11:52 AM
Before we all start fellating the 49'ers can we take a look at their schedule?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/sf/san-francisco-49ers

Lets keep some perspective. Also to say they are a team built for cold weather...i dont even know what to say. They play in San Francisco.

Harlan Huckleby
11-22-2011, 12:03 PM
Also to say they are a team built for cold weather...i dont even know what to say. They play in San Francisco.

they are a physical, defense-first team with a running game, doesn't matter if they play in cuba, they should be ok in cold

Zool
11-22-2011, 12:27 PM
they are a physical, defense-first team with a running game, doesn't matter if they play in cuba, they should be ok in cold

Then they are built to play low scoring games?

Brandon494
11-22-2011, 12:33 PM
Just because they play in SF doesn't change the fact that they are better suited to play in cold weather games then we are.

Zool
11-22-2011, 12:49 PM
Thats fine, but saying they are specifically built that way is straight mis-information

PA Pack Fan
11-22-2011, 12:50 PM
I was at that game.....15 years old, I drove a snowmobile 27 miles, parked in the parking lot and walked in with no ticket.

That is the greatest story I have ever heard. Hands down. I now consider you the godfather of this forum.

channtheman
11-22-2011, 12:55 PM
Check out what a Saint's fan did for us.

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/n-s-aaron-rodgers-record-cold-weather-games-213354/

Taking the ONE really bad game Rodgers had in cold weather and trying to say that that proves Rodgers/the Packers suck in the cold is a really bad argument.

It's like if I took Rodgers worst road performance in a dome (2008 at New Orleans - 59.8) and made the claim that Rodgers is bad in domes. I trust I don't have to further explain why this is a bad argument.

Fritz
11-22-2011, 01:33 PM

So not only do they think with their penises, they throw with them, too?

Upnorth
11-22-2011, 01:36 PM

Slows down the pass rush as they hesitate in fear.

denverYooper
11-22-2011, 02:47 PM
Then they are built to play low scoring games?

Just like Atlanta. They're built to get strafed by an elite QB.

Vick put up 419 on them. Romo 340. Eli 311. Stafford 293. And those are second-tier guys. They still have to play Pittsburgh.

yooperfan
11-22-2011, 03:00 PM
Ain't really worried about playing the 'Niners here or there. Don't really think they're going to make it
that far.

pbmax
11-22-2011, 05:53 PM

Yes, and don't make snowballs with the yellow snow. That's not paint from the grass.

Pugger
11-22-2011, 06:02 PM
Before we crown the 49ers the top seed lets see how they play in Baltimore Thursday night.

Zool
11-23-2011, 08:50 AM
Before we crown the 49ers the top seed lets see how they play in Baltimore Thursday night.

Finally we get a few posts of reason in this thread.

Joemailman
11-23-2011, 09:02 AM
Just because they play in SF doesn't change the fact that they are better suited to play in cold weather games then we are.

You can run in cold weather. You can throw in cold weather. The key to winning in cold weather is having the mental toughness to function as you normally do despite the fact you are physically uncomfortable. The Packers, I believe, are a mentally tough team. I don't know enough about the 49ers to judge them.

AtlPackFan
11-23-2011, 09:03 AM

No guarantee of the weather in SanFran either...its not SoCal. A wet/rainy, cold, windy day can be worse than cold and snow

AtlPackFan
11-23-2011, 09:09 AM
Yes, and don't make snowballs with the yellow snow. That's not paint from the grass.

"Watch out where the Huskies go and don't you eat that yellow snow!" Frank Zappa

Sorry...couldn't resist.

denverYooper
11-23-2011, 10:50 AM
You can run in cold weather. You can throw in cold weather. The key to winning in cold weather is having the mental toughness to function as you normally do despite the fact you are physically uncomfortable. The Packers, I believe, are a mentally tough team. I don't know enough about the 49ers to judge them.

That's it right there. This team has displayed outstanding mental fortitude since that Detroit loss last season. I keep hearing how this team or that team is going to come in and physically dominate Green Bay because they're tough or the weather will be crappy or whatever. But that's just hogwash. Green Bay is confident in who they are and it shows up on the field. That's what tough is.

Most every discussion around who beats this year's Packers involves Green Bay having an off game. That's because they're the best as a whole, anywhere -- in a dome, outside in 20 below, in a parking lot in Dallas, they don't care.

mraynrand
11-23-2011, 11:14 AM

If they win, THEN you can CROWN THEIR ASS!!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_qYdapUdRyZA/TTBAWZHIphI/AAAAAAAAAvg/jcEEOYmiBNw/s1600/dennisgreen.jpg

mraynrand
11-23-2011, 11:16 AM
Slows down the pass rush as they hesitate in fear.

They've got armadillos in their trousers!

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2011/11/11/1321007775001/Spinal-Tap---Christopher--007.jpg

Packers4Glory
11-23-2011, 05:30 PM
I believe GB can stop the run, esp in a situation where a team has a weak passing game or the weather sucks ass for passing. They'll play a lot more base and have the run stuffers in the box and shut that down and make the QB force them out it.

I also think the Packers are and can be a lot better running team than they show. But when you have #12 playing like he is, there's not much incentive to prove your running game is better than advertised or to try and rely on it for an entire game.

Fritz
11-23-2011, 05:32 PM
The word around here in Detroit is that the Lions are "more physical" than the Packers. I keep wanting to call up a sports talk show and play Olivia Newton-John singing "Let's Get Physical," but I can't bear to listen to that song.

CaliforniaCheez
11-24-2011, 03:55 PM
I'm sick and tired of Packer fans (including some here) saying the Packers are better off playing on the road in the playoffs because the cold weather doesn't suit their offensive style. Shut the hell up! Packer fans deserve some home playoff games. If the Packers can't win in January in Lambeau, they don't deserve Vince's trophy.

http://sportsnickel.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/ice-bowl-1967jpg_medium1.jpg

I heartily endorse this thread.