PDA

View Full Version : UH-OH! My excitment over Moll may be over!

gbpackfan
08-15-2006, 09:33 PM
From the camp updates section of Packersnews.com

Moll struggles

New starting right guard Tony Moll had a tough time on one-on-one blocking drills Tuesday night. On Moll’s first rep, he got beat by rookie Johnny Jolly. On Moll’s next rep, defensive tackle Corey Williams beat him so badly that assistant line coach James Campen had them go again against each other immediately. Williams proceeded to beat Moll again. Moll took two more reps during the drill. On the first, he successfully blocked defensive tackle Jeremy Nichols. On the second, Nichols returned the favor and beat Moll.

— Pete Dougherty

Okay, I know that Moll is a rookie and will have his good days and bad, but what is so alarming here is that he got beat by Jolly and Nichols! AHHHH! We may be in real trouble here boys!

gbpackfan
08-15-2006, 09:35 PM
And yes, I do want INSTANT gratification. I want someone to get in there and TAKE THAT JOB! DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-15-2006, 09:36 PM
Man we need some good news from the o-line for a change. Well, put Collegde back in....... :roll:

woodbuck27
08-15-2006, 09:41 PM
I say give Molll a real test. Match him up with Ahmad Carroll.

Let's see . . . what he's really got.

ND72
08-15-2006, 09:43 PM
Moll will be a project...but i wouldn't throw him to the scrap heap yet...lets remember Mike Flanagan, Mike Wahle and Marco Rivera were all "yeah right" guys.....and the list is long from there as well. so i'm going to give this guy some time...TE, converted T, now trying G....

woodbuck27
08-15-2006, 09:45 PM
Moll will be a project...but i wouldn't throw him to the scrap heap yet...lets remember Mike Flanagan, Mike Wahle and Marco Rivera were all "yeah right" guys.....and the list is long from there as well. so i'm going to give this guy some time...TE, converted T, now trying G....

Yea. He's a good athlete but maybe he's better suited elsewhere?

ND72
08-15-2006, 09:47 PM
I think if they leave Moll at Tackle and let him learn, he'll be fine there.

Mazzin
08-15-2006, 09:53 PM
Don't know if any of you recall or not, but what happened to the guy Chris White (center)? Supposedly he was looking GREAT! if so why can't they plug him in at center, and move wells to guard he did decent there last year!?!? just a ? he may not be on the team no more or hurt i dont know, just a suggestion. SUE ME!

ND72
08-15-2006, 09:54 PM
because Wells is the proto-type center for this offense...the guy shoudl be an All-Pro in it.

MJZiggy
08-15-2006, 09:55 PM
Soooo, the dude has one good game and everyone jumps on the train, one crappy practice and everyone dives off, right? First off, they're just moving people around so it should have been a bit more like the Moll Carnival Ride, but they'll coach him up a bit and see if he works. If so, great. If not, he goes back where he was and they do something else. TT said today that he thinks M3 wants to get the line set soon to avoid last year's "issues*" so they'll move a couple people and see which 5 can best get it done. If you look at the game, maybe it's Moll. If you look at the practice, maybe not.

* read disaster.

MJZiggy
08-15-2006, 09:58 PM
Don't know if any of you recall or not, but what happened to the guy Chris White (center)? Supposedly he was looking GREAT! if so why can't they plug him in at center, and move wells to guard he did decent there last year!?!? just a ? he may not be on the team no more or hurt i dont know, just a suggestion. SUE ME!

If they do that, who backs up center? Besides, he did well, but did he do starter well?

gbpackfan
08-15-2006, 10:01 PM
I think it is like a poster previously stated, we just want some good news from the O line!

Mazzin
08-15-2006, 10:05 PM
Im just trying to be positive and look at the upside. So hopefully we get some fuckin body in the green and gold that can fucking block.

HarveyWallbangers
08-15-2006, 10:07 PM
It's a valid point, Mazzin. I've wondered why we haven't heard about White. I assuming the coaches think he's strictly an OC. Unfortunately, I think Wells is a MUCH better OC than OG. They may have to try him next though.

gbpackfan
08-15-2006, 10:12 PM
If the O line allows the Falcons D line to blast past them like they did in San Diego, I will be in FULL PANIC MODE! Until then, I am going to get a beer and hop in my hot tub.

Patler
08-15-2006, 10:12 PM
because Wells is the proto-type center for this offense...the guy shoudl be an All-Pro in it.

Besides, Wells really wasn't that good as a guard. Better run blocker than Klemm was, but probably not as good in pass protection as Klemm. He stuck in the starting lineup because they needed to try and get the running game going, and it worked to some extent.

Noodle
08-15-2006, 10:23 PM
Here's a major problem with the info age --PERSPECTIVE!

Maybe some of you are cracker-jack right out of the box, but for most of us, it takes a while. We have good days, we have not so good days, especially early on. But just because we have a bad day or three does not mean you throw us on the scrap heap for cripes sake!

Honestly, haven't any of you gone through a learning process where it didn't come together immediately? But it did eventually, and then you were pretty friggin good. That happened to Wahle, and I'd say that it happened to Favre. And it may yet happen to Moll.

There's a little something I call a Vodka & Tonic that can make this waiting period quite pleasant. I recommend it to you all. Except for that smart young dude on here who is wise beyond his years.

gbpackfan
08-15-2006, 10:27 PM
Noodle,

It is hard to logically argue against you.

Noodle
08-15-2006, 10:38 PM
Ah, don't let logic get in the way, mate, just fire away!

And I don't mean to sound like some Budda figure or a Mr. Obvious -- forums exist so that we can blast away. But I worry that we get too much granular information without any broader perspective. It's easy to see who got beat in a drill, but not easy to see if the beat guy is improving, made a correctible mistake or, like me, just blows.

Anyways, back to my vodka tonic.

Guiness
08-20-2006, 07:40 AM
Noodle, hats off to ya.

Granular perspective. Konsberg cocktail. Budda. You pulled it all together mate!

So, are you that guy who seems to be able to maintain a plesant state of drunkeness for extended periods of time? Personally, I can't. I have a really good time for about 4-5 hours, then fall asleep 8-)

MuttnJeff
08-20-2006, 09:06 AM
I think Moll did a fine job last night and has won the starting job.

Hopefully they move Cooledge to backup LT, because the 2nd team LT looked shakey (didn't catch his name.) Clifton is on shakey legs. Groom Cooledge, Clifton will be injured or retired before too long.