PDA

View Full Version : Randall Cobb

mraynrand
11-22-2011, 01:10 PM
I've always wanted to start a thread using only the player's first and last name, so as to give no clear idea what exactly the subject matter of thread would be. If you want to talk about Cobb, feel free. I think he is talented and dynamic. As for me, I plan to talk about how dispensable Jermichael Finley is. Did anyone notice that the Packers won a Superbowl without him? That's incredible, considering how dominant he can be - at the very least in theory.

Upnorth
11-22-2011, 01:40 PM
Also related to Cobb, Jones sucks, letting Jenkins go was a mistake, and Thundercats kick smurf @ss.

P.S. Almost forgot, Fire Slocum

MadScientist
11-22-2011, 01:47 PM
Why not? We haven't had a good Cobb thread in a long time, besides it will be about AJ Hawk vs Barnett soon anyway if we don't want to talk Cobb.

Cobb thoughts:
1) Super dynamic returner that needs to work on ball security. Could be the Packers answer to Hester.
2) Needs to learn the offense better. He seems to only be catching some out patterns on AR roll outs. They need to send him on shallow crosses like the mistake route he got a TD on in week 1.
3) They should try him on a reverse.
4) If he can score on a reverse and a reverse-option he will have scored TD's 5 different ways (catch, KR, PR, run, pass).

Lurker64
11-22-2011, 01:50 PM
Randall Cobb's eyes smoulder with desire for the endzone

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0909/espnhs_randall_cobb_high_school_576x324.jpg

Cheesehead Craig
11-22-2011, 02:19 PM

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0909/espnhs_randall_cobb_high_school_576x324.jpg

Skin, stop hacking Lurkers account!

HarveyWallbangers
11-22-2011, 02:31 PM
4) If he can score on a reverse and a reverse-option he will have scored TD's 5 different ways (catch, KR, PR, run, pass).

He played some QB in college, so maybe he can throw one also.

Upnorth
11-22-2011, 03:32 PM

He might be able to, but what is the gain in throwing a college QB? We don't even have one handy to my knowledge.

mraynrand
11-22-2011, 03:36 PM

He might be able to, but what is the gain in throwing a college QB? We don't even have one handy to my knowledge.

I'm pretty sure there are multiple problems with this. One, a college player can't just sign up for the NFL - at least not without using up his eligibility. Two, throwing a QB - if he has the ball, perhaps even without - would be assisting a player and is a penalty. Three, you'd have to cut someone to activate the guy anyway. Four, i can't see Cobb as being strong enough to lift and throw a QB. Maybe a defensive back. I suggest throwing the House at Detroit.

sharpe1027
11-22-2011, 03:44 PM

Which QB got played by Cobb? How did Cobb play him?

Lurker64
11-22-2011, 03:53 PM
Which QB got played by Cobb? How did Cobb play him?

He was actually recruited to be a QB at Kentucky, and he switched positions to wide receiver after his freshman year. Since he came out with a year of eligibility left, this is actually his third year of playing wide receiver... ever.

Though his Jr. year at Kentucky, basically the entire Wildcat offense was the "Wild Cobb" formation, where he took the snap directly from center. If you've watched Kentucky play this year, it's obvious how much they miss him.

Smeefers
11-22-2011, 04:06 PM
I'm pretty sure there are multiple problems with this. One, a college player can't just sign up for the NFL - at least not without using up his eligibility. Two, throwing a QB - if he has the ball, perhaps even without - would be assisting a player and is a penalty. Three, you'd have to cut someone to activate the guy anyway. Four, i can't see Cobb as being strong enough to lift and throw a QB. Maybe a defensive back. I suggest throwing the House at Detroit.

Might as well cut Finley, it's not like he's going to be here next year and it's not like he's that important to the success of our team anyways.

Joemailman
11-22-2011, 04:59 PM
I've always wanted to start a thread using only the player's first and last name, so as to give no clear idea what exactly the subject matter of thread would be. If you want to talk about Cobb, feel free. I think he is talented and dynamic. As for me, I plan to talk about how dispensable Jermichael Finley is. Did anyone notice that the Packers won a Superbowl without him? That's incredible, considering how dominant he can be - at the very least in theory.

I don't know. He looks over the hill to me.

http://i2.listal.com/image/47937/600full-randall-'tex'-cobb.jpg

mraynrand
11-22-2011, 05:25 PM
Tex returns!

pbmax
11-22-2011, 05:59 PM
Don't Free Finley!!

Then he should take a cold shower before kicks so he can concentrate on catching the ball first, endzone second.

red
11-22-2011, 06:19 PM
he just needs to work on his concentration a bit

Joemailman
11-22-2011, 06:26 PM
He reminds me of Flip Wilson

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/randall-cobb-nfl.jpghttp://image1.findagrave.com/photos250/photos/2009/341/4248_126028135559.jpg

hoosier
11-22-2011, 08:09 PM
What do you get if you run the wild cat with Jerry Rice and Randall Cobb? Wild Rice on the Cobb.

gbgary
11-22-2011, 09:10 PM

we did...but with him we would have hosted the nfc championship game and beat the steelers by four tds. :D

bobblehead
11-22-2011, 09:16 PM
Is this a thread for our favorite subject? I think you need to run the ball effectively to win....we have been off our game lately. We must run the ball more often and more effectively.

Upnorth
11-22-2011, 09:24 PM
You are right bobblehead, we should fire slocum, how else will our defence improve against the pass.

channtheman
11-22-2011, 09:47 PM
I can't believe I see people on here hoping the Packers lose, I never thought I would see that.

Guiness
11-22-2011, 11:37 PM
:cnf::cnf::cnf:
I can't believe I see people on here hoping the Packers lose, I never thought I would see that.:cnf::cnf::cnf:

channtheman
11-23-2011, 12:30 AM
:cnf::cnf::cnf::cnf::cnf::cnf:

This thread is just for random thoughts. I was referencing a lot of the posts in one thread about how we should hope for the 2 seed so we don't have to play in Green Bay in the cold.

wootah
11-23-2011, 02:55 AM

Déjà vu. Except then it read "After this game, I burned Randall Cobb's jersey......much like his smouldering eyes burn for sensual love of the endzone.". Ah well, the internet is made to be "artistically influenced", I guess.

Off topic: I like this Cobb guy, ever since I saw his press conference where he declared for the draft. I liked him more when he ran the kickoff back for a TD against NO. Seems like a cool guy and a natural football player. Even a couple of untrained eyes like mine can see that he has a natural feel for the game. I guess that's what they call talent.

smuggler
11-23-2011, 05:30 AM
Chan, its not just that people want to be the 2 seed, its psyching themselves up for the eventual loss when it comes.

If we lose one game to detroit, and SF wins out, guess who gets the #2 seed?

Joemailman
11-23-2011, 07:40 AM
It's Wednesday. Fire Slocum!

Pugger
11-23-2011, 10:40 AM
I don't think anybody's hoping we lose but if you go by the law of averages sooner or later you're gonna lose. I'd rather lose a regular season game while we're up by 3 games then do what the 2007 Patriots did = lose in the SB! :shock:

mraynrand
11-23-2011, 10:48 AM

It's not nice to get Harlan's hopes up. Or anything else, for that matter.