PDA

View Full Version : Injuries

SkinBasket
11-24-2011, 05:21 PM
So three linebackers and Sitton were sittin by the end of the game with injuries. I never even heard what happened to Sitton or when thanks to the brilliant announcing job by Buck and Aikmen. Any word?

George Cumby
11-24-2011, 05:24 PM
Knee on Sitton. Hawk and Bish calf injuries.

pittstang5
11-24-2011, 07:26 PM
Knee on Sitton. Hawk and Bish calf injuries.

Any other injuries. I missed the game. Anyone think they are going to be out for a sigficant amount of time.

Harlan Huckleby
11-24-2011, 07:34 PM
I expect Pat Lee has a bad case of heat rash under his collar. Guy got mugged by two guys, then gets tossed-out when he fights back. Hope he didn't smash his fist through a locker or something after exiting the game.

Upnorth
11-24-2011, 08:04 PM
Bishop would be a big loss in my opinion. Same with sitton, but eds looked good.

PaCkFan_n_MD
11-24-2011, 08:06 PM
I thought Smith played a very good half and I did not see much of a drop off from Bishop. I think we may have a player there.

Harlan Huckleby
11-24-2011, 08:08 PM
I thought Smith play a very good half and I did not see much of a drop off from Bishop. I think we may have a player there.

guy is quick to ball, sure tackler. who cares if he is a midget

CaptainD
11-24-2011, 08:16 PM
Bishop is on crutches. Big article on Sitton on the insider this week
The best explanation for Sitton's drop-off is a knee injury that has landed him on the injury report for six straight weeks and may be bothering him more than anybody outside the facility knows.

Seems like he was already banged up.... Hawk looks to be minor.

mmmdk
11-24-2011, 08:39 PM
Bishop felt something pop; I think he's out till january! Too bad but other must step up!

ThunderDan
11-24-2011, 08:52 PM
I think it is kind of a reflection of the team as a whole, but Bishop and Hawk go down and Smith and Francois play better. I think it reflects back to the average/below average play we have been getting from our ILBs this season.

mmmdk
11-24-2011, 09:51 PM
From Rotoworld:

According to the Green Bay Press Gazette, Packers ILBs Desmond Bishop (calf) and AJ Hawk (calf) are in doubt for Week 13 at the Giants "and perhaps longer."
Both players missed the entirety of the second half. Bishop's injury is considered the more serious of the two. He was sporting crutches after the game and will head for an MRI on Monday. Rookie D.J. Smith replaced Bishop while Rob Francois filled in for Hawk.

gbpackfan
11-24-2011, 09:57 PM
I think the NFL needs to take a good, long look at how they schedule. 3 games in 11 days is insane. Detroit had a shit ton of injuries too and I know that it had to do with the short week. The NFL preaches player safety all the time, well here is an opportunity to actually do something about it. Maybe the team playing on Thursday should have a bye before hand. Or maybe, they should stop the regular Thursday night games, since hardly anyone can watch them anyway. Either way, the Packers are now really banged up due to the boneheads that put together the NFL schedule.

pittstang5
11-24-2011, 10:14 PM
I think the NFL needs to take a good, long look at how they schedule. 3 games in 11 days is insane. Detroit had a shit ton of injuries too and I know that it had to do with the short week. The NFL preaches player safety all the time, well here is an opportunity to actually do something about it. Maybe the team playing on Thursday should have a bye before hand. Or maybe, they should stop the regular Thursday night games, since hardly anyone can watch them anyway. Either way, the Packers are now really banged up due to the boneheads that put together the NFL schedule.

I agree. Teams that play Thursday should have the previous Sunday off. They do that in college....make it work in the NFL.

mraynrand
11-24-2011, 11:20 PM
guy is quick to ball, sure tackler. who cares if he is a midget

Ray Rhodes would play 'em:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_PlJTNgrwPpY/TAE6IelryyI/AAAAAAAAENI/Lml1_o-Pr2E/s1600/gary-coleman-g.jpg

mmmdk
11-25-2011, 06:35 AM
I agree. Teams that play Thursday should have the previous Sunday off. They do that in college....make it work in the NFL.

Yes! Make it so!! :tup:

Brandon494
11-25-2011, 12:53 PM
From Rotoworld:

According to the Green Bay Press Gazette, Packers ILBs Desmond Bishop (calf) and AJ Hawk (calf) are in doubt for Week 13 at the Giants "and perhaps longer."
Both players missed the entirety of the second half. Bishop's injury is considered the more serious of the two. He was sporting crutches after the game and will head for an MRI on Monday. Rookie D.J. Smith replaced Bishop while Rob Francois filled in for Hawk.

Damn that sucks but I do like what I saw from D.J. Smith.

Harlan Huckleby
11-25-2011, 06:55 PM
I think the injuries this week strengthen the team.

Sitton's injury is most serious, McCarthy said today, and he may miss a game. Great! Sitton has played lousy this year, and he obviously needs to heal up. Sit him for 3 games if needed. EDS is as good as hobbled Sitton.

Hawks injury demonstrates that Francois is better in coverage. Rotate him in.

Smith can play. Lets get him some snaps too.

Joemailman
11-25-2011, 08:08 PM
Looks like Clifton is not close to coming back. I suspect there's a pretty good chance he won't play as a Packer again. http://blogs.greenbaypressgazette.com/blogs/gpg/insider/2011/11/25/cliftons-return-up-in-the-air/

CaliforniaCheez
11-25-2011, 08:27 PM
Look for all to get some rest. The Giants game will be the last one on artificial turf before the Super Bowl.

On the bright side there is a bye week at the end of the season before the divisional round of the playoffs.

ND72
11-25-2011, 08:36 PM
Francois makes one play and he is god now. Losing hawk and bishop could be very bad. Remember the 2 main guys who made play calls were Hawk & Collins.

Harlan Huckleby
11-25-2011, 10:05 PM
Francois makes one play and he is god now. Losing hawk and bishop could be very bad. Remember the 2 main guys who made play calls were Hawk & Collins.
Francois was good in coverage on more than one play. Tyler Dunne said in his chat that Francois was better than Hawk in coverage in camp. Hawk's coverage skills have been a problem, reportedly. Nobody said Francois was god, but he might fit a role.

gbgary
11-25-2011, 10:15 PM
evidently hawk and bishop have calf strains and may be ready for the next game.

mraynrand
11-25-2011, 11:00 PM
Coach Mike McCarthy said today that Clifton is “not as close as I thought he was a couple weeks ago.”

This sounds like code for "We have a lot more injured players now, we may have to sign a warm body or two to play a couple of games while these guys heal and can't carry Clifton on the roster any longer." IR for Cliffy.

pbmax
11-25-2011, 11:42 PM
Starks did not get reinjured as every game day report had. They took him out after getting the 3 score lead.

Fritz
11-26-2011, 07:32 AM
Here you're really glad to have the extra days off. It sounds like no Cliffy until late December at least, and maybe Bishop missing the Jints game.

Did Mike Neal play? And if so, how did he do? I was not able to watch the game.

Also, did Brad Jones get in on any action? I'd heard he was playing a bit more last week, and I wonder if they're going to rotate him in to cover guys once in a while.

mraynrand
11-26-2011, 07:49 AM
Neal played and seemed strong on some bull rushes, but didn't generate much pressure. I recall Jones giving up a first down completion, but making the tackle.

Fritz
11-26-2011, 07:50 AM
thank you!

Harlan Huckleby
11-26-2011, 08:32 AM
I was not allowed to watch the game.FIXED

Congrats on the new girlfriend, Fritz

Scott Campbell
11-26-2011, 08:36 AM
SF losing made getting through this injury situation a lot easier. We have some breathing room.

Harlan Huckleby
11-26-2011, 08:38 AM
Neal played and seemed strong on some bull rushes, but didn't generate much pressure.

Neal has improved the team just by adding a body to Dline rotation. He needs several more games to get his body strong and ready.

Fritz
11-26-2011, 08:46 AM
FIXED

Congrats on the new girlfriend, Fritz

Bad dog! Bad!

mission
11-26-2011, 12:30 PM
Campbell, we're you banned or something? Where the hell have you been?