PDA

View Full Version : Vinatieri injured while running!

Patler
08-15-2006, 10:08 PM
"TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (Aug. 15, 2006) -- Kicker Adam Vinatieri, the Indianapolis Colts' biggest offseason acquisition, missed practice with a sprained ankle."

" Coach Tony Dungy said Vinatieri hurt his ankle while running, the same day the Colts cut Shane Andrus, the only other kicker on the roster.

"He did it in conditioning, and he's day-to-day," Dungy said."

OK, I know it says he is day to day, but if this is significant at all it is bad news for a kicker. Ankle problems with kickers never seem to heal until the off-season.

MJZiggy
08-15-2006, 10:12 PM
Between this and Longwell's 39-yard miss, I'm starting to feel much better about kickers in general. Is there such a think as kicker karma?

Noodle
08-15-2006, 10:14 PM
Nah, he'll be ok. Tape, tape, and more tape can make this not such a big problem for a kicker, especially if it is his kicking, as opposed to his plant foot.

Patler
08-15-2006, 10:14 PM
Between this and Longwell's 39-yard miss, I'm starting to feel much better about kickers in general. Is there such a think as kicker karma?

And who was questioning whether or not God is a Packer fan?!!
Teaches them for not signing with GB!!!!

HarveyWallbangers
08-15-2006, 10:19 PM

Longwell missed from 55--not 39.

He made one from 41 and a short one. His first two kickoffs went to the 1 yard line with not much hang time. His third one went to about the 4 with better hangtime. He refused to even attempt to tackle a returner--although I can't blame him. All and all, a pretty good night for him. I have a feeling he'll be mad at his holder, Kluwe, at some point this year though.
:D

MJZiggy
08-15-2006, 10:33 PM
Did he kick from the 39-yard line? Where did I get 39 from?

Patler
08-16-2006, 12:24 AM
Did he kick from the 39-yard line? Where did I get 39 from?

If the line of scrimmage was near the 39, the FG attempt would be about a 55 yard attempt.

]{ilr]3
08-16-2006, 05:41 PM
Yeah, it was a good long kick for anyone one to make even in a dome. I hope there is more of them to come though. They guy is dirt, there are 30 other teams he could have went to, only a pile of crap would run to your biggest rival. Obviously they guy has no sense what so ever of what a team player is.

Also its one thing to try and get yourself some extra money like Henderson and Kampman did, but from what I read niether of them had any plan s of actually agreeing to any terms with the vikings......