PDA

View Full Version : Clinching something

CaptainKickass
11-25-2011, 12:29 AM
I thought I read earlier - when I was on my 5th beer - that if the Pack won and one of 3 things happened - we sealed the deal for a playoff spot. I think one scenario was for the Frisco 69'ers to lose.

Oh ye who are less drunk, have a better memory, and far more obsessed with these things...What say you?

Lurker64
11-25-2011, 12:52 AM
There were three scenarios by which the Packers could clinch a playoff berth this week. Two of them required the Dolphins to beat the Cowboys.

The only remaining scenario requires the Saints to beat the Giants (likely) and the Vikings to beat the Falcons (virtually impossible with Peterson hurt.)

Still, if the Bears lose this weekend (at Oakland) the Packers have a four game lead in the division with 5 games to play and head-to-head wins against everybody in the division, that's virtually a guarantee of the division crown, it's just that the tiebreak scenarios are potentially impossible to resolve right now.

The thing with the 49ers is that we want them to lose so as to guarantee home field advantage in the playoffs (we currently have a 2 game lead in the NFC). In terms of actually clinching a playoff spot, you want the teams who are going to have to fight for a wildcard spot to lose... not that it matters, since the Packers are going to be in the playoffs.

CaptainKickass
11-25-2011, 02:31 AM
So - go Oakland? (That's weird to say - but I basically root for anyone against the Bears) And I also raise a vehement middle finger and wave it in the general direction of all things Dallas Cowgirl related.

http://cowboyshaters.com/images/FTS4SQ.jpg

CaliforniaCheez
11-25-2011, 06:20 AM
Anytime during the next 5 weeks if either the Cowboys or the Giants lose the Packers are guaranteed to make the playoffs.

I believe the magic number for the division is 3. Any combination of Packers wins and Bears losses that add to 3 get the Packers in the playoffs.

I think the magic number with the 49'ers is 4.