PDA

View Full Version : Erik Walden arrested?

Packgator
11-25-2011, 01:48 PM
Word is leaking that Erik Walden has been arrested for battery. Hope it's a false rumor.

Brandon494
11-25-2011, 01:53 PM
http://packersnews.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20111125/PKR01/111125048/LB-Erik-Walden-arrested-battery-charges

digitaldean
11-25-2011, 01:57 PM
No rumor
http://http://packersnews.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20111125/PKR01/111125048 (http://http//packersnews.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20111125/PKR01/111125048)

It'll be on PFT quick enough....

Though the woman didn't have visible injuries according to police, they thought there was enough info given by the victim to arrest Walden.

sheepshead
11-25-2011, 02:00 PM
In Illinois someone always goes in. They never leave the house without someone in cuffs. Hope its just a spat.

CaptainD
11-25-2011, 03:10 PM
The incident occurred about 2:30 a.m. at an apartment complex, 1981 Scheuring Road unit No. 6, Hobart-Lawrence police Chief Randy Bani said. The woman later called authorities about 6:10 a.m.

Bani said before the woman called police, she was treated for a cut and bump on her head, along with an injured right hand, at St. Vincent Hospital in Green Bay. Walden, 26, was later booked into the Brown County Jail at 8 a.m.

Source : http://tinyurl.com/6slsbf3

Walden was charged with a Class E felony.... Suspend him until this gets sorted out is my thought.

MJZiggy
11-25-2011, 03:28 PM
Someone smack this dude upside the head. When are these guys going to learn that their women (who they are supposed to care about) are not football players on the field to be smacked around when they disagree? I hope she leaves him immediately and never speaks to him again.

PaCkFan_n_MD
11-25-2011, 03:33 PM
Get ready Zombo

gbpackfan
11-25-2011, 03:36 PM
Fucking retard.

mission
11-25-2011, 03:38 PM
So'oto?

SkinBasket
11-25-2011, 03:45 PM
Someone smack this dude upside the head. When are these guys going to learn that their women (who they are supposed to care about) are not football players on the field to be smacked around when they disagree? I hope she leaves him immediately and never speaks to him again.

Let's not go getting all feminazi until we know all the facts. Plenty of times the gals share the blame. Sometimes, more than their share. If anything, Walden can be blamed at this point for nothing more than dating an uncompliant woman.

MJZiggy
11-25-2011, 05:01 PM
Let's not go getting all feminazi until we know all the facts. Plenty of times the gals share the blame. Sometimes, more than their share. If anything, Walden can be blamed at this point for nothing more than dating an uncompliant woman.

He can be blamed for hitting her. That's the do-not-cross line in the sand no matter how "uncompliant" she might be.

mraynrand
11-25-2011, 05:16 PM
Wait for the facts, but yeah, you're not supposed to hit a woman. As the kids say: duh.

Still, injured right hand - I'm betting she clocked him a good one.

gbgary
11-25-2011, 05:24 PM
geesh

gbpackfan
11-25-2011, 05:24 PM
All this bullshit about waiting for the facts is pure stupidity. Not to insult anyone personally on this board. That is not my intent. But how many times have YOU been arrested for hitting your wife/girlfriend?????!!!!!!! My guess is....NEVER! This isn't CSI! Walden didn't get arrested because of some great conspiracy against him. He fucked up, plain and simple. Now, will he be found guilty? That is a different story. Many, many DA cases get dropped because the woman changes her story later on. That may happen here. That doesn't excuse his turd like behavior.

gbpackfan
11-25-2011, 05:26 PM
Wait for the facts, but yeah, you're not supposed to hit a woman. As the kids say: duh.

Still, injured right hand - I'm betting she clocked him a good one.

If your girl hit you, would you hit her back? I'm guessing you wouldn't. Women get a pass when it comes to the kind of stuff. Just the way it is.

Brandon494
11-25-2011, 05:32 PM
http://militantlibertarian.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Pimp_Hand.jpg

Brandon494
11-25-2011, 05:33 PM
He can be blamed for hitting her. That's the do-not-cross line in the sand no matter how "uncompliant" she might be.

Not always :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flMYR_qeyNc

gbpackfan
11-25-2011, 05:36 PM
That video changes everything. That bitch deserved to get slapped. LOL

mraynrand
11-25-2011, 06:21 PM
If your girl hit you, would you hit her back? I'm guessing you wouldn't. Women get a pass when it comes to the kind of stuff. Just the way it is.

Did I say I would?
but yeah, you're not supposed to hit a woman. As the kids say: duh. . I'm just guessing why she has an injured hand. It could also have been because he held and twisted it. But I'm betting she clocked him.

Harlan Huckleby
11-25-2011, 06:38 PM
Walden has just started to play well in recent games. damn.

pittstang5
11-25-2011, 06:40 PM
Double dumb ass

gbpackfan
11-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Did I say I would? . I'm just guessing why she has an injured hand. It could also have been because he held and twisted it. But I'm betting she clocked him.

Interesting response. You didn't say you wouldn't either! ;-)

Brando19
11-25-2011, 07:31 PM
Idiot...Free Jolly and put Walden in his place!!

Freak Out
11-25-2011, 07:35 PM
Wow...another possible felon? Nice.

red
11-25-2011, 07:39 PM
unfucking real

its so'oto time

gbpackfan
11-25-2011, 11:05 PM
JS Online has an article that says the victim is now claiming it was a misunderstanding. She claims that they were arguing when she "tripped" and hit her head on the bed. Hmmm, or maybe it was a door handle, or she walked into a door, or fell down some steps.....

The hospital called the police, not her, which they are required to do.

This is playing out like 99% of DA incidents do. Kinda sad really.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-walden-arrested-eh36t14-134516008.html

Pugger
11-25-2011, 11:19 PM

You got that right. Unforunately some women will stay with brutes and bullies like this Neanderthal. I hope they throw the book at him.

Lurker64
11-25-2011, 11:59 PM
JS Online has an article that says the victim is now claiming it was a misunderstanding. She claims that they were arguing when she "tripped" and hit her head on the bed. Hmmm, or maybe it was a door handle, or she walked into a door, or fell down some steps.....

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-walden-arrested-eh36t14-134516008.html

I actually do fall down and hit my head on the furniture with alarming regularity. I can't be alone in this...

But in DA situations where neither the accused nor the supposed victim is willing to admit anything happened, nothing happens in the legal system, does it? There weren't charges filed after Brandon Marshall got stabbed by his girlfriend, IIRC.

smuggler
11-26-2011, 02:19 AM
^ The DA can proceed without "pressing charges" but it'd be pretty hard to generate evidence to get a conviction.

She hurt her hand? How does a guy hurt a woman's hand in a domestic dispute? Maybe he grabbed her hand and twisted it. Weird. Gonna be interesting to see how this plays out. Hopefully he didn't embarrass everyone. Seems like she's fine for the most part.

Fritz
11-26-2011, 06:44 AM
Sadly, this is classic behavior in terms of domestic violence.

Of course, many can and will compare this behavior to Suh's stomping incident, and claim with justification that if Walden is guilty of what is supposed, it's way, way worse than anything Suh did...so why is everyone jumping on Suh?

But that's how we all pretty much treat this stuff. If a player is really good and has a stupid off-field life, we forgive that because.....he's really good! Ahman Green is a good example. I believe he was involved in more than one domestic dispute with his wife, but since he seemed like such a nice guy on the field, and because he was talented, all was okay in the eyes of most fans.

How else do you explain idiotic college students rioting when Joe Paterno was canned - even though Paterno barely lifted a finger when a grad assistant reported to him that the grad assistant saw an assistant coach sodomizing a boy?

So it is a sad, sad commentary on the way our system is set up.

MJZiggy
11-26-2011, 07:52 AM
Sadly, this is classic behavior in terms of domestic violence.

Of course, many can and will compare this behavior to Suh's stomping incident, and claim with justification that if Walden is guilty of what is supposed, it's way, way worse than anything Suh did...so why is everyone jumping on Suh?

But that's how we all pretty much treat this stuff. If a player is really good and has a stupid off-field life, we forgive that because.....he's really good! Ahman Green is a good example. I believe he was involved in more than one domestic dispute with his wife, but since he seemed like such a nice guy on the field, and because he was talented, all was okay in the eyes of most fans.

How else do you explain idiotic college students rioting when Joe Paterno was canned - even though Paterno barely lifted a finger when a grad assistant reported to him that the grad assistant saw an assistant coach sodomizing a boy?

So it is a sad, sad commentary on the way our system is set up.

Actually, I "forgave" Green when he apologized publicly, made a commitment to not let it happen again and immediately started anger management classes. And then it never happened again. I agree with you about the Paterno incident. Still people are sad about the effect that will have on Penn's programs despite that it was right to fire him. Hello? How 'bout being sad for the boys whose whole lives are shattered?

MJZiggy
11-26-2011, 08:00 AM
I actually do fall down and hit my head on the furniture with alarming regularity. I can't be alone in this...

But in DA situations where neither the accused nor the supposed victim is willing to admit anything happened, nothing happens in the legal system, does it? There weren't charges filed after Brandon Marshall got stabbed by his girlfriend, IIRC.
How often does it land you in the hospital?

mraynrand
11-26-2011, 08:03 AM
There weren't charges filed after Brandon Marshall got stabbed by his girlfriend, IIRC.

I thought he slipped on a bar of soap and fell on a knife that was in the shower.

SkinBasket
11-26-2011, 08:18 AM

I'm waiting for factual evidence that he even hit her. My wife used to volunteer assisting with restraining orders for domestic abuse. These things aren't always as simple as some people want them to be.

As an aside, I hope he did. I think we can do better at that position.

Scott Campbell
11-26-2011, 08:22 AM
If your girl hit you, would you hit her back?

I run for my life. There's 7 of em, and they generally work in packs.

George Cumby
11-26-2011, 09:05 AM
I'm waiting for factual evidence that he even hit her. My wife used to volunteer assisting with restraining orders for domestic abuse. These things aren't always as simple as some people want them to be.

This. There is always more than meets the eye in these things.

That being said, the male is usually the aggressor.

Her injury could have been from hitting him or, more likely imo, it could be a defensive wound. We won't know until we have more data. Or we may never know.

Zig is onto something, though. Violence is a tricky thing. It's not so easy to bottle that genie up........

mmmdk
11-26-2011, 09:22 AM
You got that right. Unforunately some women will stay with brutes and bullies like this Neanderthal. I hope they throw the book at him.

I get what you say yet homo sapiens are a much,much worse species than neanderthals probably ever were.

Tony Oday
11-26-2011, 09:40 AM
Cut him

mraynrand
11-26-2011, 09:42 AM
I get what you say yet homo sapiens are a much,much worse species than neanderthals probably ever were.

Sure, but we have better cars.

smuggler
11-26-2011, 10:42 AM
My guess is her hand injury is from hitting him. Her head injury is from him hitting her. Not acceptable no matter who started it. My wife freaked out on my about a month ago for laughing at her when she was upset at me. She punched me a number of times. I just kept laughing.

mmmdk
11-26-2011, 10:50 AM
Sure, but we have better cars.

:lol:

Lurker64
11-26-2011, 11:10 AM
She hurt her hand? How does a guy hurt a woman's hand in a domestic dispute? Maybe he grabbed her hand and twisted it. Weird. Gonna be interesting to see how this plays out. Hopefully he didn't embarrass everyone. Seems like she's fine for the most part.

Depends on what sort of injury she sustained, it's entirely possible to hurt your hand while falling by trying to catch your fall with it.

I'm not saying that her story is true, but it's not entirely implausible. I assume that police investigators have access to much more evidence than you or I.

gbgary
11-26-2011, 11:30 AM
my ex took a swing at me once (never touched her). put my arm up to block it and she punched my elbow. her hand swelled up pretty quick.

Harlan Huckleby
11-26-2011, 11:32 AM
I think we can do better at that position.

Do tell.

Deputy Nutz
11-27-2011, 12:34 PM

As an aside, I hope he did. I think we can do better at that position.

Sometimes you are a fucking moron.

Deputy Nutz
11-27-2011, 12:35 PM
Actually, I "forgave" Green when he apologized publicly, made a commitment to not let it happen again and immediately started anger management classes. And then it never happened again. I agree with you about the Paterno incident. Still people are sad about the effect that will have on Penn's programs despite that it was right to fire him. Hello? How 'bout being sad for the boys whose whole lives are shattered?
Without looking shit up, I believe Green was involved in three domestic disturbances. Once in college and twice in Green Bay.

Brandon494
11-27-2011, 01:06 PM
Without looking shit up, I believe Green was involved in three domestic disturbances. Once in college and twice in Green Bay.

You mean batman hit women?

http://www.funnymotivationalposters.info/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Bat-Pimp-Slap.jpg

GrnBay007
11-27-2011, 01:26 PM
Not to take away from the seriousness of this subject...

but I do input in the FF room for this afternoon's game! :)

Patler
11-27-2011, 01:27 PM
If I recall correctly, Green never harmed his wife physically. It was shouting, threats, intimidation, etc. Certainly may have been mental abuse, but no actual physical harm.

rbaloha1
11-27-2011, 02:25 PM
IMO the incident was overblown.

Expect EW starting next week.

mission
11-27-2011, 04:25 PM
IMO the incident was overblown.

Expect EW starting next week.

In your opinion? Is that based on something we don't know? Guessing is one thing but having an "opinion" here has got to be pretty hard with no info.

SkinBasket
11-27-2011, 05:35 PM
Sometimes you are a fucking moron.

you'll have to elaborate.

Lurker64
11-27-2011, 05:42 PM
In your opinion? Is that based on something we don't know? Guessing is one thing but having an "opinion" here has got to be pretty hard with no info.

I think, quite possibly, NFL fans overreacted. The facts as we know them are pretty much "he was held over the weekend on suspicion of domestic abuse" and "she claims nothing happened (as is common in these situations.)" We don't actually know anything else. Probably the people who were calling for the Packers to cut Walden immediately might have been overreacting.

After all, we lose nothing if we wait until he is actually convincingly demonstrated to be scum before cutting him.

mission
11-27-2011, 06:41 PM
I think, quite possibly, NFL fans overreacted. The facts as we know them are pretty much "he was held over the weekend on suspicion of domestic abuse" and "she claims nothing happened (as is common in these situations.)" We don't actually know anything else. Probably the people who were calling for the Packers to cut Walden immediately might have been overreacting.

After all, we lose nothing if we wait until he is actually convincingly demonstrated to be scum before cutting him.

That I didn't know there. Hadn't heard anything from her... makes sense.

Guiness
11-27-2011, 10:14 PM

Been trying REAL hard to keep out of this one, but it's a bit too close to home.

I've spent some time in a holding cell because of what my now-ex wife said. Ya, she was bruised up, and full of dirt, and I didn't have a mark on me.

I was not the aggressor. I guess the difference is that she claims nothing happened...my ex claimed I ripped off her head and shit down her neck, despite standing in front the cop telling him this. If I'd done what she claimed, she wouldn't have been walking. IMO the fact that she claims nothing happened is a pretty big red flag.

Being held for the week-end is pretty damn interesting as well. That is certainly not common. No question, he would've gotten a lawyer right away...why couldn't the lawyer secure his immediate release? My guess is that he had an altercation with the cops. The other reason to hold him is that they were trying to give her breathing room to feel comfortable and talk to them.

Joemailman
11-27-2011, 10:32 PM
Being held for the week-end is pretty damn interesting as well. That is certainly not common. No question, he would've gotten a lawyer right away...why couldn't the lawyer secure his immediate release? My guess is that he had an altercation with the cops. The other reason to hold him is that they were trying to give her breathing room to feel comfortable and talk to them.

With it being a holiday weekend, courts were closed until Monday. That's the reason being given for why he hasn't been released.

Guiness
11-27-2011, 10:55 PM
With it being a holiday weekend, courts were closed until Monday. That's the reason being given for why he hasn't been released.

maybe things are different down your way...but in Canada, if a lawyer shows up at the station he can pretty much secure he release on 'your own recognizance' unless there's some mitigating circumstances.

Joemailman
11-27-2011, 11:05 PM
For a felony battery charge? I'm no lawyer, but I would think that might require approval of a judge.

smuggler
11-27-2011, 11:21 PM
From what I read, her most serious injury was to her hand. She also had a cut on her head. Pretty curious injuries. Jury's still out, but I'm very curious as to the specifics.

mission
11-27-2011, 11:22 PM
For a felony battery charge? I'm no lawyer, but I would think that might require approval of a judge.

It does. I've had to wait over the weekend to get out. Charges eventually got dropped, but yeah... you'll have to wait.

packrulz
11-28-2011, 05:17 AM
A friend of mine was arguing with his wife, (They were drunk), and she punched him, he called the cops and they arrested HIM, they said they needed to split them up for the night. Since this incident with Walden happened at 2:30 AM I assume alcohol was involved, she could've easily fell down, and since she's calling it a misunderstanding I'm skeptical Walden did anything wrong, besides getting drunk and arguing.

pbmax
11-28-2011, 07:03 AM
At a minimum, Police departments will wait overnight to ensure a continuation of the night's problems doesn't immediately resume. That, plus a weekend, plus a holiday could easily extend your stay.

bobblehead
11-28-2011, 07:15 AM

I'm with ya MJ....but....I will bet money she is back with him in a week, blaming the police for arresting him. That is the usual pattern.

bobblehead
11-28-2011, 07:17 AM

For fucks sake will I ever learn to read further before responding to page one of a thread.

Deputy Nutz
11-28-2011, 10:07 AM

Fine, you are a retard most of the time.

mraynrand
11-28-2011, 10:12 AM

I realize you are upset with the Skinbasket. Just don't hit him; one domestic felony is enough for Packerrats to deal with this week.

Deputy Nutz
11-28-2011, 11:52 AM
I throw his bitch ass to the ground.

swede
11-28-2011, 12:16 PM
At a minimum, Police departments will wait overnight to ensure a continuation of the night's problems doesn't immediately resume. That, plus a weekend, plus a holiday could easily extend your stay.

Wow, those credit card miles really add up!

SkinBasket
11-28-2011, 12:55 PM

You wouldn't be saying that if this was Brett Farv.

Deputy Nutz
11-28-2011, 03:23 PM
Brett is a lover and not a fighter

Pugger
11-28-2011, 03:43 PM
But he should stick with trying to impress women closer to his own age when he wants to show off his "manhood" with his cell phone.

Scott Campbell
11-28-2011, 03:49 PM
But he should stick with trying to impress women closer to his own age when he wants to show off his "manhood" with his cell phone.

Really? :shock:

Like who? :lol:

Harlan Huckleby
11-28-2011, 03:51 PM
But he should stick with trying to impress women closer to his own age

why? men don't hit their prime until about 55.

George Cumby
11-28-2011, 05:21 PM
Well, PFT is saying that the GF is now claiming to have started the fight. Of course they are still reporting that the GF called it in when it was the hospital staff which did so.

No charges filed after holding the guy over the weekend; that means it's not a slam-dunk case. Which means the DA is sufficiently concerned about whether he/she has a prosecutable case.

We'll see what happens.......

Fritz
11-28-2011, 06:05 PM
When I saw the picture of Walden in the videoteleconference wearing his orange prison garb I thought for a sec he was in da Bears' home uniform...

George Cumby
11-28-2011, 06:50 PM
When I saw the picture of Walden in the videoteleconference wearing his orange prison garb I thought for a sec he was in da Bears' home uniform...

hehehe

GrnBay007
11-28-2011, 07:28 PM
The "truth" is generally never known in these cases.

The idea that she fell down and had an injury serious enough to go the hospital raises a red flag for me.

She now claims it was a "misunderstanding". Always gotta look at who has the most to lose? He gets charged and she loses her "man" and her meal ticket.

My 2 cents.....about a year ago, as part of my job duties, I was forced (yeah not thrilled with it) to teach a women's batterer's education program. This is for the women that have been convicted of a domestic abuse/assault. Generally have 10-15 women in the class and it's open ended so we get new members every month. I'm not exaggerating when I say this.....after reading police reports and gaining background information, in the 1 year I've been teaching the class I can only think of 4, maybe 5 women that really belonged in there. The rest were victims of domestic violence and just happened to fight back that time. It really is a sad, sad situation.

MadtownPacker
11-28-2011, 07:30 PM
Mjziggy and pugger,

Your attitudes about this are such bullshit. Yes if he hit her he should be in big trouble. But you two think because Walden happens to have a set between his legs instead of his shoulders he is guilty. Have you not read the personal examples given by some posters here?? If some dumb drunk bitch wants to get crazy and go off is a guy suppose to let her? You asked for equality well guess what sugar you can have it. That means she needs to go to jail too now since she said he didn't hit her. If he did and she is covering that is her fuck up. That hand injury is pretty fucking telling. She fell on her own and ate it or she swung, he blocked it and she fell from her own force. Either way as it stands now you both owe him an apology at the moment.

Or you can pull a suh and live in LaLa land.

MadtownPacker
11-28-2011, 07:37 PM
From what I read, her most serious injury was to her hand. She also had a cut on her head. Pretty curious injuries. Jury's still out, but I'm very curious as to the specifics.

You can fuck your hand up easy just by punching a wall or door. If he had hit this hoodrat hard enough to cut her they would have known. Sounds more like a bumped your head cut.

Damn I hopes he dumps her once all the charges are dropped. :lol:

George Cumby
11-28-2011, 09:01 PM
The "truth" is generally never known in these cases.

The idea that she fell down and had an injury serious enough to go the hospital raises a red flag for me.

She now claims it was a "misunderstanding". Always gotta look at who has the most to lose? He gets charged and she loses her "man" and her meal ticket.

My 2 cents.....about a year ago, as part of my job duties, I was forced (yeah not thrilled with it) to teach a women's batterer's education program. This is for the women that have been convicted of a domestic abuse/assault. Generally have 10-15 women in the class and it's open ended so we get new members every month. I'm not exaggerating when I say this.....after reading police reports and gaining background information, in the 1 year I've been teaching the class I can only think of 4, maybe 5 women that really belonged in there. The rest were victims of domestic violence and just happened to fight back that time. It really is a sad, sad situation.

I would say a good cop is gonna' know what the real story is. A GOOD cop.

You gotta know what to ask and establish rapport and really pay attention to what is going on.

Like Freud said: "Eyes to see, ears to hear."

IMO, EW's gonna' be ok. Charges probably won't be filed, anger management courses, couples counseling, a private Come-to-Jesus conversation with Stubby and Greene. Like Mad suggests, maybe dump the GF, clearly not the best relationship. Maybe some sanction from the League, maybe.

IMO

pbmax
11-28-2011, 09:11 PM
Probably a little late for the good cop to figure it out. They will have their stories in sync soon, if not already.

Problematic for me is that the DA, after reports to the contrary, is stating that SHE called the authorities, 3 hours after the incident and being treated for her injuries. Other reports had her injuries reported by the clinic/hospital. And after changing her story, there isn't going to be much to go on unless they trip up on a significant fact or there is some physical evidence.

George Cumby
11-28-2011, 09:32 PM
There's KNOWING and proving BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT; and there's a wide chasm between the two, oftentimes insurmountable.

Guiness
11-28-2011, 09:54 PM
Mjziggy and pugger,

Your attitudes about this are such bullshit. Yes if he hit her he should be in big trouble. But you two think because Walden happens to have a set between his legs instead of his shoulders he is guilty. Have you not read the personal examples given by some posters here?? If some dumb drunk bitch wants to get crazy and go off is a guy suppose to let her? You asked for equality well guess what sugar you can have it. That means she needs to go to jail too now since she said he didn't hit her. If he did and she is covering that is her fuck up. That hand injury is pretty fucking telling. She fell on her own and ate it or she swung, he blocked it and she fell from her own force. Either way as it stands now you both owe him an apology at the moment.

It's inevitably such a mess when these things happen. The simple fact of the matter is, of course, that women are far more often on the shitty end of it then guys are. But that sure doesn't mean you can paint every situation with the same brush, which is unfortunately what it's easiest for the police to do. Profiling, right?

It sure is crappy when someone is on the other end though. Different situation, but look at the stories that woman told about Starr. Took him a while to sort his way out of that mess.

GrnBay007
11-28-2011, 10:27 PM
I would say a good cop is gonna' know what the real story is. A GOOD cop.

You gotta know what to ask and establish rapport and really pay attention to what is going on.

That's what we hope for....in a perfect world. Problem is when you are dealing with this type of situation/people they are often master's of manipulation. I'm not saying this to reflect this particular situation, but in general...most times.

Bottom line is something happened. Lets hope they can get it fixed...for both their sakes.

George Cumby
11-28-2011, 10:37 PM
That's what we hope for....in a perfect world. Problem is when you are dealing with this type of situation/people they are often master's of manipulation. I'm not saying this to reflect this particular situation, but in general...most times.

Bottom line is something happened. Lets hope they can get it fixed...for both their sakes.

100% concur.

Harlan Huckleby
11-28-2011, 10:52 PM
Mjziggy and pugger,

Your attitudes about this are such bullshit.

right on, bros before hoes.

GrnBay007
11-28-2011, 10:54 PM

U crack me up blue dog! :)

SkinBasket
11-29-2011, 07:08 AM
How the fuck did this post get here? I just posted in another thread an it goes here? Horseshit.

Pugger
11-29-2011, 08:32 AM
Mjziggy and pugger,

How the hell do you know she just fell down or tripped? Were you there? Why the anger here? It sounds like you have some issues about women. A lot of times a victim of domestic violence isn't going to be truthful to police because A. they don't want their abuser in jail because they still care about him - for some reason I'll never undestand or B. because if they do tell the violence will escalate once the abuser returns from jail.

retailguy
11-29-2011, 08:40 AM
How the hell do you know she just fell down or tripped? Were you there? Why the anger here? It sounds like you have some issues about women. A lot of times a victim of domestic violence isn't going to be truthful to police because A. they don't want their abuser in jail because they still care about him - for some reason I'll never undestand or B. because if they do tell the violence will escalate once the abuser returns from jail.

I believe his point is "How the hell do you know she didn't fall down or trip?" You were awfully quick to proclaim him guilty and lump him in with a bunch of idiots. (NO facts at this point)

As a man, I fully realize that the majority of assaults are men doing it to women. But that doesn't mean that ALL men are guilty. Truth be told, I have to say that yours and Ziggys posts pissed me off too. I know Ziggy personally, and I respect her, but it still bothered me.

One of my biggest fears is being accused of something I haven't done (and knowing the deck is stacked against me in proving otherwise). Because of that, I absolutely refused to take the babysitter home after we returned when my kids were little. I always made my wife do it. Similarly, when I shuttle kids around, my kids MUST come with me when taking their friends home. Why? Because lots of people hold "opinions" like you illustrated in this thread.

Scott Campbell
11-29-2011, 09:00 AM
I
One of my biggest fears is being accused of something I haven't done (and knowing the deck is stacked against me in proving otherwise). Because of that, I absolutely refused to take the babysitter home after we returned when my kids were little. I always made my wife do it. Similarly, when I shuttle kids around, my kids MUST come with me when taking their friends home. Why? Because lots of people hold "opinions" like you illustrated in this thread.

Harlan's reputation has ruined it for the rest of us.

But seriously, I have no idea what happened with Walden, and won't presume anything, other than that something happened.

I get that the rush to judgement pisses you off, but people have biases. That's just how it is.

Little Whiskey
11-29-2011, 09:11 AM
, but people have biases. That's just how it is.

like everyone from Utah has 7 wives, every mexican drives a lowrider, every redneck has a gunrack and Skinbasket enjoys all forms of gay porn?

mmmdk
11-29-2011, 09:19 AM
Ask yourselves this; what would Bogart have said?

From High Sierra.
Bogart: I wouldn't give you two cents for a dame without a temper.

From Me & Bogart.
Bogart (character): I never saw a dame yet that didn't understand a good slap in the mouth or a slug from a .45

Ah, Bogart wisdom. Those were the days! :wink:

gbgary
11-29-2011, 01:02 PM
like everyone from Utah has 7 wives, every mexican drives a lowrider, every redneck has a gunrack and Skinbasket enjoys all forms of gay porn?

those aren't biases, those are three stereotypes and one disturbing fact.

MadtownPacker
11-29-2011, 02:01 PM
I dont know just like you don't fucking know shit but as it stands the broad is saying nothing happened now. Guess what she was there and DOES know what happened. So what do you have to say about that?? Or do you just wish to continue you ignoring it and proceed with more bra burning?? You don't know a fucking thing about me but I will tell you this, I don't hit women. My father instilled that in me by words and example. With that said why should the man be assumed guilty because he is a male??

The only issue I have with women like you who expect men to ask how high before they jump. You wanted equality, fucking deal with it.

Harlan Huckleby
11-29-2011, 02:13 PM
the incident raises a red flag about Walden. I read that women are more often the perpetrators in domestic abuse, often smacking the sleeping rogue, but in this situation, its hard to imagine any woman going after an nfl linebacker, even a weak side linebacker.

I'm gonna give Walden probation on this, mainly because the evidence is ambiguous, and hope it doesn't happen again.

mraynrand
11-29-2011, 02:20 PM
I believe his point is "How the hell do you know she didn't fall down or trip?" You were awfully quick to proclaim him guilty and lump him in with a bunch of idiots. (NO facts at this point)

As a man, I fully realize that the majority of assaults are men doing it to women. But that doesn't mean that ALL men are guilty. Truth be told, I have to say that yours and Ziggys posts pissed me off too. I know Ziggy personally, and I respect her, but it still bothered me.

So when did you stop beating your wife?

pbmax
11-29-2011, 02:45 PM
the incident raises a red flag about Walden. I read that women are more often the perpetrators in domestic abuse, often smacking the sleeping rogue, but in this situation, its hard to imagine any woman going after an nfl linebacker, even a weak side linebacker.

I'm gonna give Walden probation on this, mainly because the evidence is ambiguous, and hope it doesn't happen again.

I am going to throw the challenge flag and ask for a source on this one. Not saying it can't be, as men would even be more reluctant to report and, numerically anyway, less likely to be injured unless they are dating Amy Fisher or a figure skater.

pbmax
11-29-2011, 02:51 PM
So when did you stop beating your wife?

I was going to give RG some grief over his post, but then it occurred to me that in every instance of organized children's activities, that practice, of never being alone with children other than your own, is standard practice.

I think not taking the babysitter home might be a bit of a reach, but it never hurts to be careful. Its also possible RG is a bureaucrat at heart. :)

RG, you don't have any blank consent forms at the house, do you?

mraynrand
11-29-2011, 03:01 PM

There are no consent forms that cover statutory babysitter car rides.

Harlan Huckleby
11-29-2011, 03:03 PM
http://static.magicrpm.com/img/artists/4504_violent-femmes/albums/28cd3202dbba1970bc385b5982b70d38.jpg

When I googled "female domestic violence", a statistic was repeated that 40% of reported domestic abuse is by women. I have heard from somebody in men's rights movement that the actual level of violent femmes is higher than males, but who knows what truth is.

mraynrand
11-29-2011, 03:14 PM
One of my biggest fears is being accused of something I haven't done (and knowing the deck is stacked against me in proving otherwise). Because of that, I absolutely refused to take the babysitter home

Retail: "Really, I'll have the wife give you that ride home."

http://image.bayimg.com/jalidaaci.jpg

You know, Retail, now that I think about it, you really are a bigoted, sexist, homophobe. Who are you to assume that your babysitter is a hetero? I would suggest that you and your wife drive the babysitter home together, but you're probably pedophilic bisexual swingers too. If I were that babysitter, I would be fearing for my life.

retailguy
11-29-2011, 03:18 PM

I was going to give RG some grief over his post, but then it occurred to me that in every instance of organized children's activities, that practice, of never being alone with children other than your own, is standard practice.

I think not taking the babysitter home might be a bit of a reach, but it never hurts to be careful. Its also possible RG is a bureaucrat at heart. :)

Laugh all you want PB. It isn't really funny. Too many folks have had their lives ruined by this type of stuff. Lots have been guilty, but because of that, some haven't been and have still been judged guilty.

I don't have consent forms at the house, but truthfully, I'm very careful as to who makes it into the door. As paranoid as that may sound, that's the world we live in, as Scott Campbell says, and that's true. I disagree with Scott's premise that we just need to accept that, but, until some are willing to speak up and challenge the feel good rhetoric, it is what it is, I guess.

Regarding my original point, I do find it hilarious that Pugger berates Suh in the "what should he get thread", but when MTP challenges her regarding her statements in this thread, instead of saying - Gee you might have a point - she dug her heels in, just as Suh did... He's getting as much criticism for his response and lack of apology as he did for the original act. People are using his "lack of remorse" as a reason for hitting him harder. To me at least, the parallels are kind of funny.

But I guess it's funnier to focus on how I protect myself and my family from this BS run amok than it is to talk about Suh or Walden while tempering judgement until the process works - for better or worse. Apologies for derailing the thread. I'm done now.

mraynrand
11-29-2011, 03:26 PM
Regarding my original point, I do find it hilarious that Pugger berates Suh in the "what should he get thread", but when MTP challenges her regarding her statements in this thread, instead of saying - Gee you might have a point - she dug her heels in, just as Suh did... He's getting as much criticism for his response and lack of apology as he did for the original act. People are using his "lack of remorse" as a reason for hitting him harder. To me at least, the parallels are kind of funny.

Things might be different if Walden's altercation happened on national television.

mraynrand
11-29-2011, 03:38 PM
But I guess it's funnier to focus on how I protect myself and my family from this BS run amok than it is to talk about Suh or Walden while tempering judgement until the process works - for better or worse. Apologies for derailing the thread. I'm done now.

We can do all at the same time. Well, at least some of us can.

pbmax
11-29-2011, 03:38 PM
OH, let's be done with this.

pbmax
11-29-2011, 03:57 PM
Laugh all you want PB. It isn't really funny. Too many folks have had their lives ruined by this type of stuff. Lots have been guilty, but because of that, some haven't been and have still been judged guilty.

I don't have consent forms at the house, but truthfully, I'm very careful as to who makes it into the door. As paranoid as that may sound, that's the world we live in, as Scott Campbell says, and that's true. I disagree with Scott's premise that we just need to accept that, but, until some are willing to speak up and challenge the feel good rhetoric, it is what it is, I guess.

Well, I should have gone with my original idea and not posted a response. Damn that Rand. But since we are here:

I do take the concerns you mentioned seriously and as I said, your actions are consistent with what many legitimate organizations do to protect themselves. The laughing icon was for Rand's invocation of the classic leading question. Your steps are reasonable and the subject of your concern are certainly worthy of protection.

I do not share your concern over the likelihood of the risk, however. While the costs and damage of false and/or malicious charges are obvious, the overwhelming number of interactions without a hitch argue against such an occurrence. In fact, they argue that there are other circumstances involved. Now, that would be cold comfort should it happen, but in life, one must choose where to spend time and energy and concerns must be prioritized.

Its an interesting question, as I wonder if no good faith is expected, would any benefit of the doubt ever be extended?

As for the consent form crack, that was a poor choice and I apologize. Mostly, I just wanted to call you a bureaucrat, but as Rand's post indicates, I seem to be suggesting something else entirely, when that was not my intention. So, consider that joke withdrawn. I think we can discuss Walden, argue amongst ourselves and pick fights without losing the thread, but my post might not have been the best example.

As for Walden, there is something else going on here. No one knows what happened (as opposed to Suh) and we are free to invest the story with whatever motivations, emotions and other suppositions we can use to supply an explanation. But if we knew either person, or had access to video of the altercation, then the content of the conversation would change. I don't think anyone (well, most of them anyway) truly believes they know what really happened, but presented with the facts of the case, most minds would be capable of reconsidering their position.

mraynrand
11-29-2011, 03:57 PM
There are no consent forms that cover statutory babysitter car rides.

What about sleepovers?

Pervert! Just take the babysitter home, willya?

mraynrand
11-29-2011, 04:03 PM
Well, I should have gone with my original idea and not posted a response. Damn that Rand.

It's getting so a man can't talk to his own shrub around here anymore!

LP
11-29-2011, 05:00 PM
Article in JSO today.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-walden-released-on-bond-kb37ola-134650588.html

I found this tidbit quite interesting. Maybe even sexist.

"If this is a case where it's an argument where she struck him and he pushed her away, there's no charge. If it's a case where they're arguing and he pushes her, initiates the contact and that causes injury then it's a different situation.

Makes it sound like she can start something without any risk of getting hauled off.

Also, if there are any shysters on here, could you please explain why you have to post bond if you're not charged?

MadScientist
11-29-2011, 05:58 PM
Anyone else think his apology raises some suspicion that he deserves the arrest and all penalties that go with it?
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/134709158.html

Maybe it is just me, but it doesn't sound too good. The details on Cook's case were worse, but I don't see Walden playing soon, or perhaps at all for the Packers, without fully ceding the moral high ground to the Vikings.

Scott Campbell
11-29-2011, 06:21 PM
Not really. I think he's apologizing for the distraction.

mission
11-29-2011, 06:28 PM
Anyone else think his apology raises some suspicion that he deserves the arrest and all penalties that go with it?

Maybe it is just me, but it doesn't sound too good. The details on Cook's case were worse, but I don't see Walden playing soon, or perhaps at all for the Packers, without fully ceding the moral high ground to the Vikings.

I don't see it at all. He's apologizing for getting locked up and bringing negative attention to a 11-0 team, with almost no negative attention to this point in the season. He *did* get arrested hence his response to maybe not playing against the Giants.

Freak Out
11-29-2011, 06:32 PM
Was she hurt during the make up sex?

Joemailman
11-29-2011, 06:36 PM
The Packers have a tough decision to make. If they play him this week and he is then charged with felony battery next week, it doesn't look good. My guess is they sit him this week until his legal situation is clarified.

MadtownPacker
11-29-2011, 07:02 PM
Was she hurt during the make up sex?
Hahaha!

Did you read the comment section on the article? Looks like Aynrand posted there.

I had a girlfriend that was 5'3" and 105 lbs and when she got ticked off she would start throwing punches. At first I just thought it was funny but it got old pretty fast. But I pretty much knew that even pushing her off me too hard and her getting hurt a cop would look at her than look at me and I'd be going to jail. So usually I just left but one time that wasn't an option so I spanked her and that worked, she was so embarrassed after that it kind of chilled her out. Sometimes I miss that little minx but not too often!

MadtownPacker
11-29-2011, 07:06 PM
Why not? Isnt that just what they do anyways? Remember we gotta be fair you joto.

pbmax
11-29-2011, 07:15 PM

Going to need strippers, a boat and a trip to the Lion's Den to even get close. Google in a safe environment free of the under age and your spouse.

Scott Campbell
11-29-2011, 07:15 PM
The Packers have a tough decision to make. If they play him this week and he is then charged with felony battery next week, it doesn't look good. My guess is they sit him this week until his legal situation is clarified.

I wondered about how the Union would react to a guy that hasn't been charged being suspended.

If he says he didn't do it, and she says he didn't do it, then what are the grounds for a suspension?

pbmax
11-29-2011, 07:16 PM
Article in JSO today.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-walden-released-on-bond-kb37ola-134650588.html

I found this tidbit quite interesting. Maybe even sexist.

"If this is a case where it's an argument where she struck him and he pushed her away, there's no charge. If it's a case where they're arguing and he pushes her, initiates the contact and that causes injury then it's a different situation.

Makes it sound like she can start something without any risk of getting hauled off.

Except for the fact that she is the one who is hurt and called the authorities. You could reverse that statement if Walden suffered the injuries and called the police.

MadtownPacker
11-29-2011, 07:17 PM
I wondered about how the Union would react to a guy that hasn't been charged being suspended.
Thinking he is just sitting and still getting paid not suspended so they dont have nothing to say.

Scott Campbell
11-29-2011, 07:18 PM
Except for the fact that she is the one who is hurt and called the authorities. You could reverse that statement if Walden suffered the injuries and called the police.

I thought she didn't call the authorities. The hospital did.

Or did I read that wrong?

Scott Campbell
11-29-2011, 07:19 PM
Thinking he is just sitting and still getting paid not suspended so they dont have nothing to say.

Not all disciplinary action is defined by whether you get paid or not.

MadtownPacker
11-29-2011, 07:22 PM
Man you could put it all kinds of ways. At this point I would say we have to go with the story if two people are sticking by it. Yeah something happened, could be like Ziggy and Pugger said it went down or it could be like others and myself said. Whatever happened it sounds like they dont want to end their relationship and want to move forward. If it happens again then Im blaming Walden regardless for not getting out of the relationship. Do they got kids?

MadtownPacker
11-29-2011, 07:23 PM
Not all disciplinary action is defined by whether you get paid or not.
It sounds like he will just be benched. They cant say shit about that.

MJZiggy
11-29-2011, 08:12 PM
I based what I said on the FACT that Erik Walden is 6'2" and 250 pounds whose day job it is to move very large men to where he wants them. SHE came out of this with injuries to her head and hand and a police report was filed because her initial story was: "Brown County District Attorney John Zakowski said Monday that Walden’s girlfriend originally told police they were arguing and he pushed her but she has changed her story to say she hit him first." Even if she did hit him first, he is a freaking NFL linebacker. You're going to convince me that he was not capable of either holding her still or walking out of the room. When my kid was little he used to start shit with me and hit me. It didn't give me the right to put him in the hospital. No matter how mad I got, I knew that he was smaller than I was and it wouldn't have been a fair fight. Just because she changed her story doesn't mean that the evidence my first post was based on was truly incorrect. According to the Washington Post, in his apology to the team, the NFL and the fans (if he did nothing wrong what is he apologizing for?) he says that he's cooperating with the ONGOING investigation so something tells me the police are a little skeptical of her second story as well. http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/packers-olb-walden-apologizes-says-hes-cooperating-with-legal-process-after-arrest/2011/11/29/gIQAoxfw9N_story.html

M3 may sit him as punishment. Punishment for what?

THAT is what makes me think that red flags are warranted here.

swede
11-29-2011, 08:29 PM
It's getting so a man can't talk to his own shrub around here anymore!

Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/eb/Knightni.jpg/400px-Knightni.jpg

Scott Campbell
11-29-2011, 08:32 PM
Even if she did hit him first, he is a freaking NFL linebacker.

Then she should go to jail. Assault is assault.

pbmax
11-29-2011, 08:40 PM
Man you could put it all kinds of ways. At this point I would say we have to go with the story if two people are sticking by it. Yeah something happened, could be like Ziggy and Pugger said it went down or it could be like others and myself said. Whatever happened it sounds like they dont want to end their relationship and want to move forward. If it happens again then Im blaming Walden regardless for not getting out of the relationship. Do they got kids?

That statement was in reply to someone asking why, according to the snippet of possible outcomes, there did not seem to be the possibility that she was the aggressor and could face charges herself. And the answer is that no one has come forward to claim Walden was injured or hit and we know he didn't call the police.

swede
11-29-2011, 08:45 PM
I think we are starting to see why cops hate being summoned to domestic disturbances and why the "someone has to go to jail tonight" policies have been implemented. They make life easier for the cop and safer for the victims.

My wife can't hit me again if I'm in jail.

pbmax
11-29-2011, 08:46 PM
I thought she didn't call the authorities. The hospital did.

Or did I read that wrong?

It was initially someone's report, or a report of a report. But the DA and police have stated now quite unequivocally that she contacted authorities after medical treatment.

Not speaking directly to Scott with the next part:

I understand the need to not prejudge the matter and the fact that there is no reason a woman could not be the aggressor. We also are missing some key details. But she has the injuries, not Walden. You might be able to think up a thousand reasons why someone would contact the police even though they were in the wrong (or at least shared responsibility), but physical injuries are another matter entirely. To get this resolved, the first thing they need to do is resolve how she was hurt if not by Walden's actions.

You run a red light and you will get a traffic citation and possibly points on your license. You run a red light and take out a senior crossing the road with the shopping, you will be getting more than a ticket. Actions have consequences, even if the consequences are not always uniform. After all, you could have run that red light on a Vespa.

pbmax
11-29-2011, 08:51 PM
Even if she did hit him first, he is a freaking NFL linebacker.

Its actually battery. And the injuries could cause Walden to face a more serious degree of the charge than his girlfriend would if she indeed hit him. So its not the same offense.

We do not know yet, obviously, if Walden did it, or caused the injuries to happen in same other way. And there are exceptions to battery, such as self defense.

Harlan Huckleby
11-29-2011, 09:34 PM

nah, let him play. If he gets suspended later due to new charges or info, nobody will care that he played a game.

I think the incident may have been blown way out of proportion. But I don't know how Walden treats her, this could be tip of iceberg. Since truth is unknowable, I want incident to go away.

I will perform a brief exorcism to drive away the evil spirit:
The power of Christ compels you to stop talking about Walden! {vomit now}

MJZiggy
11-29-2011, 10:23 PM

She should. But she shouldn't need a trip to the hospital on the way.

GrnBay007
11-30-2011, 12:47 AM
Ha Ha.... never fails. Every year some player gets hauled in for this type of thing and we find ourselves in the same old argument. Some things never change! :) Oh well, something to talk about even though we never really know the truth.

Guiness
11-30-2011, 01:44 AM
Not speaking directly to Scott with the next part:

Maybe not, but I feel like you're talking to me.

But she has the injuries, not Walden.THAT means absolutely nothing.

Let me tell you what happened in my case. I'm picking up the kids, she has her dog tied so it can reach the front door. It jumps on me. A standard bred poodle, big damn dog. I shove the dog off, she takes a run at me, screaming to keep my hands off it, and grabs me by the neck. I give her a one armed shove, she bounces off a railing and lands in the garden.

Net result? Not a mark on me (I never bruise) but she has a hand print where I shoved her, a mark in her back from the railing, two more that I'm sure I had nothing to do with, and made damn sure she didn't brush any dirt off before the police got there. She had 911 dialed before she hit the ground. I spent the night in jail.

Yes, she had the bruises. I've never seen her without any, she's got light skin and collects them. They didn't tell any of the story.

I'm not by any means defending Walden, but we have nothing to go on here, and are simply hypothesizing.

Joemailman
11-30-2011, 06:24 AM
It's Wednesday so...Fire Slocum!

pbmax
11-30-2011, 07:07 AM
Maybe not, but I feel like you're talking to me.

THAT means absolutely nothing.

Let me tell you what happened in my case. I'm picking up the kids, she has her dog tied so it can reach the front door. It jumps on me. A standard bred poodle, big damn dog. I shove the dog off, she takes a run at me, screaming to keep my hands off it, and grabs me by the neck. I give her a one armed shove, she bounces off a railing and lands in the garden.

Net result? Not a mark on me (I never bruise) but she has a hand print where I shoved her, a mark in her back from the railing, two more that I'm sure I had nothing to do with, and made damn sure she didn't brush any dirt off before the police got there. She had 911 dialed before she hit the ground. I spent the night in jail.

Yes, she had the bruises. I've never seen her without any, she's got light skin and collects them. They didn't tell any of the story.

I'm not by any means defending Walden, but we have nothing to go on here, and are simply hypothesizing.

I am sorry to hear that happened Guiness.

And I understand that the bruises, cuts or other injuries do not tell the entire story. But they are the physical evidence as we know it and the police need to attempt to explain them.

SkinBasket
11-30-2011, 07:11 AM
Oh well, something to talk about even though we never really know the truth.

Which is why certain people here should not be quick to condemn.

mraynrand
11-30-2011, 07:11 AM

A true gentleman would have allowed himself to be strangled to death.

Zool
11-30-2011, 09:45 AM
Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/eb/Knightni.jpg/400px-Knightni.jpg

I am a shrubber. My name is Roger the shrubber. I design, arrange and sell shrubbery.

hoosier
11-30-2011, 10:27 AM
Its actually battery. And the injuries could cause Walden to face a more serious degree of the charge than his girlfriend would if she indeed hit him. So its not the same offense.

We do not know yet, obviously, if Walden did it, or caused the injuries to happen in same other way. And there are exceptions to battery, such as self defense.

Judging from what the DA was quoted as saying in that JSO blurb, it sounded like they would rule out charging Walden if it turned out that she had initiated the physical violence. Maybe that is just the DAs way of synthesizing in shorthand all of the different considerations they need to look at before deciding who to charge with what (or even if to charge at all)....But, while I haven't seen Walden's girlfriend (maybe she is Tamika Catchings...or Tanya Harding), it would seem to me that Walden would have a difficult time explaining the gash on her head (assuming he did something to cause it) as self-defense. I could certainly understand a DA wanting to distinguish between battery that has been provoked and unprovoked battery, but there is also the reality that, with most women, a guy like Walden would also have had the choice of walking away and letting her be the one to get sent downtown.

sharpe1027
11-30-2011, 10:43 AM
I could certainly understand a DA wanting to distinguish between battery that has been provoked and unprovoked battery, but there is also the reality that, with most women, a guy like Walden would also have had the choice of walking away and letting her be the one to get sent downtown.

It is quite possible that Walden could have handled the situation better; however, the DA is not supposed to make decisions based upon whether or not Walden was completely justified in the eyes of the public. There's often a huge difference between whether someone chose the absolute best course of action and whether someone did something that would make them a criminal.

Pugger
11-30-2011, 11:43 AM
I based what I said on the FACT that Erik Walden is 6'2" and 250 pounds whose day job it is to move very large men to where he wants them. SHE came out of this with injuries to her head and hand and a police report was filed because her initial story was: "Brown County District Attorney John Zakowski said Monday that Walden’s girlfriend originally told police they were arguing and he pushed her but she has changed her story to say she hit him first." Even if she did hit him first, he is a freaking NFL linebacker. You're going to convince me that he was not capable of either holding her still or walking out of the room. When my kid was little he used to start shit with me and hit me. It didn't give me the right to put him in the hospital. No matter how mad I got, I knew that he was smaller than I was and it wouldn't have been a fair fight. Just because she changed her story doesn't mean that the evidence my first post was based on was truly incorrect. According to the Washington Post, in his apology to the team, the NFL and the fans (if he did nothing wrong what is he apologizing for?) he says that he's cooperating with the ONGOING investigation so something tells me the police are a little skeptical of her second story as well. http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/packers-olb-walden-apologizes-says-hes-cooperating-with-legal-process-after-arrest/2011/11/29/gIQAoxfw9N_story.html

Thanks for relating how I feel about this situation better than I can.

Patler
11-30-2011, 11:49 AM
We can all make a lot of assumptions based on what each of us thinks is the more like reality from the limited information we have read... and be very, very wrong in our conclusions. Some of us may think he is at fault; others may think she is at fault. That is exactly why the Packers should wait until the DA makes a determination based on their investigation.

Her injuries may have occurred in various ways, some more likely than others, but all possibilities under the circumstances. In some, he is at fault; in others, she is at fault. Some possibilities that come to mind quickly:

Hand/thumb injury:
- she hit him with a fist made as kids often do, with their thumb inside of their clenched fingers.
- she defended herself from him and hurt her hand in the process
- she swung at him (in either an aggressive or defensive effort) and missed, hitting a wall, furniture, whatever
- she went after him, he grabbed her hands to restrain her and squeezed too hard with his big meat hooks, crushing her hand
- she pointed her finger in his face to make a point, he grabbed her hand and twisted or crushed it
- she fell while attacking him
- she fell while defending herself

Head injury
- he hit her
- he tried to walk away, she tripped while chasing him, fell and hit something on her own
- he went after her and shoved her, making her fall against something
- she went after him and he pushed her away, making her fall into something
- she swung an object at him, he deflected it and she ended up hitting herself in the head with it. (I have actually seen this happen several times in training exercises)

The injuries might have happened separately, or in one event (falling, jamming her hand and hitting her head). Either way, he might be at fault for both, neither or one of the injuries.

If he is violent in his home life, he deserves to be treated accordingly. On the other hand, if she has a violent streak that he has been trying to deal with, he may not be at fault for the injuries she sustained.

There may by incidents in their past that are relevant to all of this. On the other hand, they may have had nothing in their past that would have predicted this. If he got home late after returning from Detroit, and neither had slept; being tired, an emotional disagreement may have escalated in a way that they are both very embarrassed about right now. He might be at fault. She might be at fault. They might share the blame for this.

It is easy to automatically blame the man, and often it is deserved.
But, when the facts are not clear, its best to wait for the results from the trained investigators before blaming either one.

swede
11-30-2011, 12:03 PM
- she swung an object at him, he deflected it and she ended up hitting herself in the head with it. (I have actually seen this happen several times in training exercises)

One wonders who you've been training with...

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z236/dsteenswede44/three_stooges_hammer-1.jpg

Zool
11-30-2011, 12:15 PM

I think this is the main quote that started this whole thing. A jump to a conclusion that he's abusive without any facts.

MadtownPacker
11-30-2011, 12:30 PM
Stop it you abuser!! How could you? I hope ziggy never speaks to you again!!

Patler
11-30-2011, 12:41 PM
I based what I said on the FACT that Erik Walden is 6'2" and 250 pounds whose day job it is to move very large men to where he wants them. SHE came out of this with injuries to her head and hand and a police report was filed because her initial story was: "Brown County District Attorney John Zakowski said Monday that Walden’s girlfriend originally told police they were arguing and he pushed her but she has changed her story to say she hit him first."

You do realize her two recounts are not necessarily inconsistent, don't you? People are often reluctant to admit their own blame, until they realize that by not accepting responsibility for their part they are getting someone else in trouble far deeper than they deserve. Some hypotheticals:
"He pushed me, and I got hurt when I fell."
"I hit him, he pushed me and I got hurt when I fell."
"I hit him twice with the nightstick I have by the bed for protection when he is gone; he pushed me when I came at him the third time with it; and I jammed my thumb and hit my head on the foot board as I fell onto the bed."

All are consistent with her getting hurt when he pushed her as she first said. Versions 2 and 3 could be something a lady might fabricate because she is scared of the man or scared to live without him; or they could be something someone would grudgingly admit when accepting their own blame for a very embarrassing moment.

Even if she did hit him first, he is a freaking NFL linebacker. You're going to convince me that he was not capable of either holding her still or walking out of the room. When my kid was little he used to start shit with me and hit me. It didn't give me the right to put him in the hospital. No matter how mad I got, I knew that he was smaller than I was and it wouldn't have been a fair fight. Just because she changed her story doesn't mean that the evidence my first post was based on was truly incorrect. According to the Washington Post, in his apology to the team, the NFL and the fans (if he did nothing wrong what is he apologizing for?) he says that he's cooperating with the ONGOING investigation so something tells me the police are a little skeptical of her second story as well. http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/packers-olb-walden-apologizes-says-hes-cooperating-with-legal-process-after-arrest/2011/11/29/gIQAoxfw9N_story.html

See my earlier post about how these injuries could have ocured, even if he was trying to walk away from her or restrain her. Of course there is an ongoing investigation. So far, we have heard only her recount and nothing from him. In all likelihood, they differ and truth is somewhere in between. Either or both could be slanting things to protect him, or to protect her. The police will continue to investigate until they believe they have the truth or determine that they will never know for sure.

As for the apology, he could be apologizing for the distraction caused by what he did, or for the distraction caused by the woman he has chosen to live with. Either way, he could feel responsible to the team.

Did the Packers say it would be for "punishment"?
If he is benched before the DA enters charges it might just be because this is such a controversial issue and playing him would be a distraction for the team; or because they feel he is so distracted by the matter that his preparedness for the game would be inadequate. If Zombo is healthy and ready, the easy thing might be to turn to him and move Walden out of the limelight of public opinion for the game. If he is inactive, it merits a comment at the start of the game. If he plays, it could be an ongoing discussion through out the game and after it, something the Packers really don't need at this point. It could have absolutely nothing to do with his perceived guilt or innocence by the team.

Patler
11-30-2011, 12:53 PM

One wonders who you've been training with...

Demonstrations in self-defense course for untrained students. Pad them up, put helmets on them and let them see why the baseball bat, golf club or night stick they keep for protection will likely be ineffective and possibly harmful to themselves. Not only do they provide their attacker with a weapon if taken away, they often end up hitting themselves with it as they lose grip or it bounces off their target. The wrist strap on an old style nightstick used improperly often causes the stick to fly around and hit the user when grip on the stick is lost. Often, it is the users head that is struck.

hoosier
11-30-2011, 01:03 PM
It is quite possible that Walden could have handled the situation better; however, the DA is not supposed to make decisions based upon whether or not Walden was completely justified in the eyes of the public. There's often a huge difference between whether someone chose the absolute best course of action and whether someone did something that would make them a criminal.

I was speculating, and not about morality vs. legal responsibilitiy, but about how her injuries might be understood in the context of legal standards for violent self-defense. At least as far as I'm aware, the legal definition of self-defense includes consideration of what non-violent alternatives one has. If he could have walked away without endangering himself, it seems logical (to my non-legal mind) that it would be harder to justify a violent response as self-defense.

And, yes, this is all speculation in the absence of any of the necessary knowledge about what actually happened.

Patler
11-30-2011, 01:04 PM

I have been ruminating on this response for days, and decided I just can not let it go, it is such an odd response to the matter. Wouldn't this be an abusive response to a perceived act of abuse?

What if she continually hit him time and time again when they disagreed about something, and he finally had enough? Should he have smacked her upside the head to teach her that her man (who she is supposed to care about) might be a football players on the field, but not something to be smacked around when they disagree at home? Perhaps it is he that should leave her immediately and never speak to her again.

Perhaps Walden did to her what you urge others to do to him or other men?
Whoever is at fault, a smack upside the head is not the answer.

Guiness
11-30-2011, 01:33 PM
Demonstrations in self-defense course for untrained students. Pad them up, put helmets on them and let them see why the baseball bat, golf club or night stick they keep for protection will likely be ineffective and possibly harmful to themselves. Not only do they provide their attacker with a weapon if taken away, they often end up hitting themselves with it as they lose grip or it bounces off their target. The wrist strap on an old style nightstick used improperly often causes the stick to fly around and hit the user when grip on the stick is lost. Often, it is the users head that is struck.

Just had a conversation with my girlfriend's son about something similar to this last night.

I was looking for a knife to cut something, and he went to get his jacknife, which is actually more like a folding bowie knife. Turns out he had it hidden under his bed 'in case someone broke in and he needed it' :shock:

Eleven year old brain, eh? We had a conversation about it, and I explained to him how that was much more likely to result in him, or his mother and sister getting hurt then in him being able to defend himself. That a robber would just want to get their stuff and leave, but if confronted with a weapon, things were likely to go bad, and the possibility of an injuries were much more likely then if he didn't pull a knife.

mraynrand
11-30-2011, 01:52 PM
Last time I got in a streetfight with a bat, I lost the damn thing too. Bad mistake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwvnvA-v6WQ&feature=related

Scott Campbell
11-30-2011, 03:27 PM
For the ladies - Dr. Drew says that size and gender don't matter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkFQPrrGTt8&feature=player_embedded#!

mraynrand
11-30-2011, 03:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=FKitvyywkG8

MJZiggy
11-30-2011, 08:08 PM
I have been ruminating on this response for days, and decided I just can not let it go, it is such an odd response to the matter. Wouldn't this be an abusive response to a perceived act of abuse?

What if she continually hit him time and time again when they disagreed about something, and he finally had enough? Should he have smacked her upside the head to teach her that her man (who she is supposed to care about) might be a football players on the field, but not something to be smacked around when they disagree at home? Perhaps it is he that should leave her immediately and never speak to her again.

Perhaps Walden did to her what you urge others to do to him or other men?
Whoever is at fault, a smack upside the head is not the answer.

I've read all of your suggestions as to possible causes, etc. The one detail here is that NO ONE has suggested that he did not cause the injuries. She wound up in the hospital. Her first story was that he pushed her. Her second story was that he pushed her (but she started it). When my kid hit me, I put him in time out and left the room. If she's hitting him, he should at worst commit a holding penalty and wrap her up so she can't hit him until she settles down. You don't think he's capable of that? Or be a grown up, tell her you're not taking that from her and leave the room. Or the house. My point was that there is no excuse for getting into a fight and putting someone you love into the hospital. Regardless of gender and either way you look at it, the person who ends up in the hospital is the one with the decision to make.

Patler
11-30-2011, 09:10 PM
I've read all of your suggestions as to possible causes, etc. The one detail here is that NO ONE has suggested that he did not cause the injuries. She wound up in the hospital. Her first story was that he pushed her. Her second story was that he pushed her (but she started it). When my kid hit me, I put him in time out and left the room. If she's hitting him, he should at worst commit a holding penalty and wrap her up so she can't hit him until she settles down. You don't think he's capable of that? Or be a grown up, tell her you're not taking that from her and leave the room. Or the house. My point was that there is no excuse for getting into a fight and putting someone you love into the hospital. Regardless of gender and either way you look at it, the person who ends up in the hospital is the one with the decision to make.

"She wound up in the hospital"?
"putting someone you love into the hospital"?

You are exaggerating in your description, in my opinion. She went to the ER because at that time in the morning there was no place else to go. She was not hospitalized anymore than you would be if you cut your hand on a glass.

You said you read all of my suggestions as to possible causes, but you then ignore (apparently) all those where she may have caused the injury herself. If she came at him and he pushed here away in an attempt to leave, he may have done so very slightly as he stepped away, and she fell into a door frame, furniture edge, whatever. He may have attempted to avoid her, and pushed her ever so slightly, but her own momentum carried her into whatever cut her head. A slight nudge may have caused her to lose her balance.

I find it curious that HER mother appeared on HIS behalf at the initial hearing, saying that she has known him for years and that he would never harm her daughter. Maybe she has an inkling of how this happened that none of us do. Maybe she knows her daughter that well.

As far as the team is concerned, he will start this week:

http://packersnews.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20111130/PKR01/111130160/Path-looks-clear-LB-Walden-play-Sunday?odyssey (http://packersnews.greenbaypressgazette.com/article/20111130/PKR01/111130160/Path-looks-clear-LB-Walden-play-Sunday?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE)

Patler
11-30-2011, 09:26 PM
The one detail here is that NO ONE has suggested that he did not cause the injuries. She wound up in the hospital. Her first story was that he pushed her. Her second story was that he pushed her (but she started it). When my kid hit me, I put him in time out and left the room. If she's hitting him, he should at worst commit a holding penalty and wrap her up so she can't hit him until she settles down. You don't think he's capable of that? Or be a grown up, tell her you're not taking that from her and leave the room. Or the house. My point was that there is no excuse for getting into a fight and putting someone you love into the hospital. Regardless of gender and either way you look at it, the person who ends up in the hospital is the one with the decision to make.

Actually, no one has said that he did cause the injuries either. We have heard just one side, and all she said was that he pushed her, then that he pushed her as some response to her having gone after him in some way first. Pushing someone does not always open a cut on their forehead. I could push you 100 times and nothing might happen. But if a push you in the same slight way if you happen to be off balance, and you fall as a result......

Maybe all he was trying to do was get away from her, to let her calm down. Maybe he shoved her with all his might into a countertop. I don't know, but I sure as heck will not condemn him without something more than "He pushed me."

mission
11-30-2011, 09:33 PM

You haven't dated some of the chicks I have apparently. ;)

When chicks are really frickn angry -- and crazy and/or drunk and/or overly emotional -- they go apeshit. I'm not saying this is what happened, but I don't doubt for a minute some of these chicks are off-the-chain because I've been there. Plus Walden is a downsouth dude from Tennessee and maybe is dating someone from a similar background. What I'm trying to be PC about here --> if she's a "hood bitch" (she'd call herself this) you better be ready to defend yourself or you could end up staying overnight at the hospital. I'm joking but I'm really not. You know?

mraynrand
11-30-2011, 09:34 PM
I don't know, but I sure as heck will not condemn him without something more than "He pushed me."

"He Pushed me!!! Aaaaarrrrrrrggggggh!!!!!"

http://namtab.com/mash/SSN09_211blessyou.gif

MJZiggy
11-30-2011, 09:51 PM
If she just fell or it was a minor nothing that he didn't cause, why did she call the police? And what is Walden apologizing for? Why has he not denied it to anyone (you know if he had it would have leaked by now)? If he didn't do anything, when she calmed down and changed her story, why didn't she say that it wasn't he that hurt her like she originally called the report in about? I'm sorry, I just don't buy the logic that he pushed her while he was walking away trying to leave the situation. If that's what happened, great, but the red flag stays up until I hear a more plausible explanation from one of them. If he did hurt her and everyone tries to sweep it under the rug, then next time she may come out of it with much more serious injuries. This is following a pattern that happens so often. She gets hurt, reports it, then backs off her story. He apologizes and she goes back to him and what happens next? Next time it's worse.

I realize that some of you guys have dealt with fucking lunatic women, and how long did you hang around for that? If she's accusing him of something he didn't do, and getting him into this much absolute shit, don't you think he'd have broken up with her by now?

gbgary
11-30-2011, 10:17 PM
I realize that some of you guys have dealt with fucking lunatic women, and how long did you hang around for that? If she's accusing him of something he didn't do, and getting him into this much absolute shit, don't you think he'd have broken up with her by now?

zig...some guys will take a load of shit from some women just as some women will take a load from some men. it's love, dependency, jealousy, power, fear...all or in part. there's no explaining it.

Patler
11-30-2011, 10:39 PM
If she just fell or it was a minor nothing that he didn't cause, why did she call the police?

There are at least some inconsistencies in reports about who called the police, but even if she did call maybe it was because someone at the hospital insisted that she call? Maybe she felt boxed into a corner and did not want to embarrass herself and she mistakenly thought it would be ignored by the police as insignificant because she was not hurt badly and he is a Packer? (Some Packer wives/girlfriends expect special treatment.) Maybe because he walloped her.

And what is Walden apologizing for?

As I wrote before, maybe for himself because he clubbed her, or maybe because he feels responsible that the women he has chosen to live with has caused this huge distraction. It's easy to feel guilty for something a loved one does. If something like this happened to me, even if I was guiltless, I would feel responsible to my team, and would likely apologize.

Why has he not denied it to anyone (you know if he had it would have leaked by now)?

Geeze, how many times do we have to see this one? An innocent man for anything rarely wins the public opinion battle by proclaiming his innocence. His lawyer probably told him to say absolutely nothing. As for what he may have said to his team mates, MM seems to have a pretty tight lid on things. You really do not hear very many rumors coming out of the Packer locker room. What is said there truly does stay there.

If he didn't do anything, when she calmed down and changed her story, why didn't she say that it wasn't he that hurt her like she originally called the report in about?

Maybe she feels trapped in a lie, maybe she has admitted to investigators, maybe they have not yet interviewed her again. Investigating this might not be at the top of their list of things to do.

I'm sorry, I just don't buy the logic that he pushed her while he was walking away trying to leave the situation. If that's what happened, great, but the red flag stays up until I hear a more plausible explanation from one of them. If he did hurt her and everyone tries to sweep it under the rug, then next time she may come out of it with much more serious injuries. This is following a pattern that happens so often. She gets hurt, reports it, then backs off her story. He apologizes and she goes back to him and what happens next? Next time it's worse.

Who is trying to sweep it under the rug? All I am saying is let the investigators investigate before crucifying the guy. If he did nothing, but is labeled a wife-beater by the press and public opinion, he will never live it down in Green Bay or around the league. The court has separated them, there is no reason to hurry his flogging.

Well I never have been with such a woman. I have had just one, and for more years than most of you have been alive. But, why would he stay if she is a lunatic? Maybe for the two children that they have? Maybe for their benefit? Maybe because these events are exceedingly infrequent, or maybe because it has never happened in any way shape or form before? On the other hand, maybe he stays because he enjoys beating her. But, again, the court has separated them. What's the hurry in dumping it all on him before the investigation is done?

Now, a few questions for you:

If it is as cut-and-dried as you seem to think it is, why has the DA not filed charges?

If Walden is an abuser, why did her mother appear on his behalf at the hearing?

If her mother doesn't know if he is or isn't abusing her daughter, why is she defending him in the press? Why doesn't she just say nothing, and comfort, console and support her daughter instead?

Why did the girlfriend tell her mother that she feared the children would be taken from her? Is she unwittingly admitting to culpability perhaps more significant than has been released to the public?

I think it is easy to say that her mothers actions raise a red flag about the girlfriends responsibility in this as well. In the end, I suspect there will be plenty of blame for both in this one, but maybe I will be wrong and it is all on him. However, I am willing to wait for the investigation to be completed..

Harlan Huckleby
11-30-2011, 10:43 PM
I would slug a woman, but not one with glasses.

gbgary
11-30-2011, 11:07 PM

had to draw the line somewhere.

Joemailman
12-01-2011, 12:28 AM

Me either.

http://mkimg.bmcdn.jp/carlife/images/UserCarPhoto/851895/p3.jpg

GrnBay007
12-01-2011, 12:43 AM
zig...some guys will take a load of shit from some women just as some women will take a load from some men. it's love, dependency, jealousy, power, fear...all or in part. there's no explaining it.

So throw them both in jail for a week and put a No Contact Order on them. Problem solved and both had 7 days in the cell to reflect on their life and what kind of person they want to be. :) Maybe even make them write a 10 page paper on the subject.

Judges need to get more creative IMO. :)

Fritz
12-01-2011, 06:54 AM
So throw them both in jail for a week and put a No Contact Order on them. Problem solved and both had 7 days in the cell to reflect on their life and what kind of person they want to be. :) Maybe even make them write a 10 page paper on the subject.

Judges need to get more creative IMO. :)

I like this! And for every sentence or punctuation error, another day in jail. A badly organized essay costs you an extra week in the clink. An essay lacking a thesis and you're doing heavy time in the penitentiary.

pbmax
12-01-2011, 12:44 PM
Oh, no no. I have enough trouble thinking of a night in jail as an adult timeout when the police do not know the entire story or cannot ascertain indisputable facts as it is. No extending this idea to a week.

I understand that the police cannot keep the confidence of the public long if they come across an abusive situation, do nothing, and then learn something truly horrible occurs afterward. So I am willing to abide the one night (even the weekend, though this seems ridiculous as does the appearance in court remotely from jail). But after that, with the court, the judge and services available for all, the adults need to live on their own unless convincing evidence emerges of something more sinister.

As for Patler's list of one thousand and one permutations, the are all good reasons to keep in mind we are missing many details and cannot accurately pass judgement on Walden at this time.

But given the history and experience of domestic violence, I do not object to Walden being removed from the home or charged. Given injuries that required medical attention and the call to the authorities, it was the proper thing to do. It does not mean he is guilty of anything yet, but it was the correct step at the time. To go back to my Vespa analogy, it doesn't matter that each party might have been hitting, slapping, kicking, running, screaming and threatening each other. The result matters in this case and injuries would mean a larger degree of culpability. If, indeed, Walden did something to cause them.

MJZiggy
12-01-2011, 05:41 PM
Oh, no no. I have enough trouble thinking of a night in jail as an adult timeout when the police do not know the entire story or cannot ascertain indisputable facts as it is. No extending this idea to a week.

I understand that the police cannot keep the confidence of the public long if they come across an abusive situation, do nothing, and then learn something truly horrible occurs afterward. So I am willing to abide the one night (even the weekend, though this seems ridiculous as does the appearance in court remotely from jail). But after that, with the court, the judge and services available for all, the adults need to live on their own unless convincing evidence emerges of something more sinister.

As for Patler's list of one thousand and one permutations, the are all good reasons to keep in mind we are missing many details and cannot accurately pass judgement on Walden at this time.

But given the history and experience of domestic violence, I do not object to Walden being removed from the home or charged. Given injuries that required medical attention and the call to the authorities, it was the proper thing to do. It does not mean he is guilty of anything yet, but it was the correct step at the time. To go back to my Vespa analogy, it doesn't matter that each party might have been hitting, slapping, kicking, running, screaming and threatening each other. The result matters in this case and injuries would mean a larger degree of culpability. If, indeed, Walden did something to cause them.
Thank you.

Harlan Huckleby
12-01-2011, 09:56 PM
bump

gbgary
12-01-2011, 10:06 PM
push

Patler
12-01-2011, 10:18 PM

No one has objected to the two being separated from one another until this is resolved. It is the wise thing to do.

The key phrase in your comment is the last one, and the key word is "if", which is exactly what I have been urging all along. Punish him IF he is guilty of something, not just because he is a man.

Oh, and no one should ever be actually charged with any crime just because something happened. The investigation comes first, and only if believed to be provable facts connect someone to the crime, only then should he/she be charged. It takes facts, not just mere conjecture before someone is actually charged.

Guiness
12-01-2011, 10:43 PM

Am I missing something? You said 'given the history', not 'given a history'. That implies there is a history?

Not trying to be a grammar Nazi here, I just want to know if he has a history of domestic violence. If so, it changes a lot.

th87
12-02-2011, 12:02 AM
My old roommate's GF is a total psycho. At the drop of a hat, she would fly into a violent rage and start pummeling him - kicks to the face, biting. Then she'd run outside and jump onto the roof of his car, followed by smashing the lawn mower onto the hood for good measure. Something like this happened once a week.

In one particular incident, she started to choke him. Instinctively, he grabbed her arms to disengage, which caused her to fall. She really flipped out then - that he would have the audacity to forcefully touch her - and called the cops.

He spent the night in the clink.

They are inexplicably still together.

I'm not saying Walden is innocent or guilty. But there are possible instances in which a good person stays with a psycho and/or the aggressor gets hurt.

Let's not rush to judgment.

mraynrand
12-02-2011, 12:04 AM

That horse left the barn long ago

hoosier
12-02-2011, 07:58 AM
That horse couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if it tried.

George Cumby
12-02-2011, 08:01 AM
But what color was the horse and was he using both barrels?

pbmax
12-02-2011, 08:15 AM
Am I missing something? You said 'given the history', not 'given a history'. That implies there is a history?

Not trying to be a grammar Nazi here, I just want to know if he has a history of domestic violence. If so, it changes a lot.

Meant the history overall, not just with Walden and girlfriend.

Harlan Huckleby
12-02-2011, 08:41 AM
But given the history and experience of domestic violence, I do not object to Walden being removed from the home or charged. Given injuries that required medical attention and the call to the authorities, it was the proper thing to do. It does not mean he is guilty of anything yetExcept he is guilty in the eyes of many, and the stigma will never go away. Maybe this is "life is not fair" situation, or maybe both parties should be automaticallly arrested, or maybe both parties should be brought to seperate shelters that do not involve an arrest record (unless they resist.)

It's amazing how passionately opinionated people are over two people we don't know, in circumstances we know little about.

A far more interesting case inevitably will be discussed here someday, a story we can really sink our teeth into. A tiny blurb will appear in back of WI sports pages, "Packer Forum Operator Arrested for Domestic Abuse." We'll be devided down the middle, some saying "He is too nice of a guy to do it." Others will retell stories of rage and erratic behavour, "I saw it coming." It will be the Favre thread all over. Hopefully a picture of the unhappy couple will appear online. Some will say, "He could have done better." Others, "Are you kidding me, look at him! at least she looks a little white." Or maybe, just maybe, the argument will turn on speculation over which is the top man and which is the bottom man.

pbmax
12-02-2011, 08:50 AM
Except he is guilty in the eyes of many, and the stigma will never go away. Maybe this is "life is not fair" situation, or maybe both parties should be automaticallly arrested, or maybe both parties should be brought to seperate shelters that do not involve an arrest record (unless they resist.)

It's amazing how passionately opinionated people are over two people we don't know, in circumstances we know little about.

A far more interesting case inevitably will be discussed here someday, a story we can really sink our teeth into. A tiny blurb will appear in back of WI sports pages, "Packer Forum Operator Arrested for Domestic Abuse." We'll be devided down the middle, some saying "He is too nice of a guy to do it." Others will retell stories of rage and erratic behavour, "I saw it coming." It will be the Favre thread all over. Hopefully a picture of the unhappy couple will appear online. Some will say, "He could have done better." Others, "Are you kidding me, look at him! at least she looks a little white." Or maybe, just maybe, the argument will turn on speculation over which is the top man and which is the bottom man.

I understand, but as I tell a youngster in my family all the time, the minute you put your hands on someone, your fate rests with the other person. If he truly laid no finger on her, then its a terrible injustice. But if he did, then he has only himself to blame.

Harlan Huckleby
12-02-2011, 09:03 AM
if

"the wheels go round and round and round in the circle game" - Joni Mitchell

mraynrand
12-02-2011, 10:39 AM
"Packer Forum Operator Arrested for Domestic Abuse."

Has Madtown been beating you up again, or did you just "fall down the stairs?"

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-HWXIMD_CljY/TVvT6CoZHdI/AAAAAAAAH3E/7xZSwUg1ESg/s1600/TWO%2BFOR%2BTEE%2BVEE.png

Harlan Huckleby
12-02-2011, 11:37 AM
I'm not Madtown's bottom man, no.

Hope I don't get banned for disclosing personal info, here is unhappy couple:

http://www.auburnmedia.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/03-21-06_alfonso-bedoya.jpghttp://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2010/08/13/news/photos_stories/cropped/snooki--300x300.jpg

Fritz
12-02-2011, 11:39 AM
Snookie's a live wire. She pooped in her refrigerator once when the bathroom was taken.

Scott Campbell
12-02-2011, 12:13 PM
I'm not Madtown's bottom man, no.

Hope I don't get banned for disclosing personal info, here is unhappy couple:

http://www.auburnmedia.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/03-21-06_alfonso-bedoya.jpghttp://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2010/08/13/news/photos_stories/cropped/snooki--300x300.jpg

Which one is Madtown?

wootah
12-02-2011, 12:28 PM
Which one is Madtown?

The one with the moustache? Oops...

pbmax
12-02-2011, 12:38 PM
Which one is Madtown?

They both appear to be wearing hats, so that's no help.

gbgary
12-02-2011, 12:39 PM
http://www.auburnmedia.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/03-21-06_alfonso-bedoya.jpg

badges?

mraynrand
12-02-2011, 12:40 PM
http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2010/08/13/news/photos_stories/cropped/snooki--300x300.jpg[/QUOTE]

Bumpits!

http://www.cathrynbeeksordeal.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/bumpits.jpg

jdrats
12-02-2011, 12:47 PM
badges?

This post is prejudicial against Banditos!

wootah
12-02-2011, 12:54 PM
http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2010/08/13/news/photos_stories/cropped/snooki--300x300.jpg

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbRq5wKb665DvsvGW5FvaS15pNjCWcc zzRhhxCUc6DjaOlJashOYDGV5sk4w

mraynrand
12-02-2011, 12:55 PM

Harlan Huckleby
12-02-2011, 03:33 PM
Which one is Madtown?

Madtown is on left, and judging by photos, the victim of the abuse.

Scott Campbell
12-02-2011, 03:46 PM
Madtown is on left, and judging by photos, the victim of the abuse.

Are you certain? I'm pretty sure that guy cuts my lawn.

GrnBay007
12-02-2011, 06:07 PM
My old roommate's GF is a total psycho. At the drop of a hat, she would fly into a violent rage and start pummeling him - kicks to the face, biting. Then she'd run outside and jump onto the roof of his car, followed by smashing the lawn mower onto the hood for good measure. Something like this happened once a week.

In one particular incident, she started to choke him. Instinctively, he grabbed her arms to disengage, which caused her to fall. She really flipped out then - that he would have the audacity to forcefully touch her - and called the cops.

I'm not saying Walden is innocent or guilty. But there are possible instances in which a good person stays with a psycho and/or the aggressor gets hurt.

Not to judge or anything..... :)

...but the fact that your friend stays with someone like this leads me to believe he may need some MH counseling himself....or at minimum a self help clinic for self esteem.

Upnorth
12-02-2011, 06:28 PM
We don't need no stinkin badges.

You said rape twice? I like rape.

Hey where you keep the white women at ?

Steady as a rock. Yeah, but this is my shooting hand!

You beat mongo, you mongo's best friend.

MJZiggy
12-02-2011, 07:24 PM

Why didn't he call the cops long, long ago?

MadtownPacker
12-02-2011, 07:31 PM
Why didn't he call the cops long, long ago?

Because somehow he thought it was ok for a female to abuse him.

Sounds like you and him would make a great couple!! :lol:

Joemailman
12-02-2011, 08:03 PM
Are you certain? I'm pretty sure that guy cuts my lawn.

You have seven wives, and you need to hire someone to cut your lawn? :?:

MadtownPacker
12-02-2011, 08:58 PM
You have seven wives, and you need to hire someone to cut your lawn? :?:
The lawn guy was requested by the wives. They like the way he trims the bushes.

Upnorth
12-03-2011, 08:39 AM
MTP with the win

LP
12-03-2011, 09:46 AM
Punish him IF he is guilty of something, not just because he is a man.

Patler,

You really need to get out of the Stone Age and come forward to the enlightened period of thought which is America today. Then, and only then, can your comments be taken with any kind of seriousness. I would like to help you with this process so please, take a deep breath, close your eyes and repeat after me:

"All men are pig's! He IS guilty!"
"All men are pig's! He IS guilty!"

Repeat this over and over until it is the first thing that pops into your head anytime a male/female relationship situation is brought up. When you get to this plane, then your comments will be seen as insightful and intelligent by those who already know how the situation happened, before it ever happened.

gbgary
12-03-2011, 10:07 AM
"All men are pig's!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brnu9v1M-tU

MJZiggy
12-04-2011, 03:48 PM
Wait. FELONY???? For a push????

pbmax
12-04-2011, 07:46 PM
Wait. FELONY???? For a push????

He was arrested on suspicion of felony battery. But no charges were filed at his hearing on Monday. That is presumably one of the reasons the bond was so low and it was signature only.

MJZiggy
12-04-2011, 07:57 PM
He was arrested on suspicion of felony battery. But no charges were filed at his hearing on Monday. That is presumably one of the reasons the bond was so low and it was signature only.

And he doesn't have any priors? What made it a felony?

gbgary
12-04-2011, 08:01 PM

i thought all assault type crimes were felony. didn't know there was such a thing as misdemeanor assault. i could be wrong.

RashanGary
12-04-2011, 08:02 PM
Walden looked darn good today. I saw a couple run fits where he got under his guy and flat out dominated the point. He had pressure on the QB too. He played with a big fucking chip. I hope we don't lose him. I thought he had a hell-of-a game.

Harlan Huckleby
12-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Walden looked darn good today. I saw a couple run fits where he got under his guy and flat out dominated the point. He had pressure on the QB too. He played with a big fucking chip. I hope we don't lose him. I thought he had a hell-of-a game.

None of the D linemen got a speck of pressure, or even much push. Walden was around QB, along with CM.

Joemailman
12-04-2011, 08:12 PM

It would appear that the extent of the bodily harm inflicted, or the extent of the intent is the main factor.

http://www.markhershlaw.com/battery.htm

pbmax
12-04-2011, 08:29 PM

I saw way too many runs at his side to agree with this assessment.

pbmax
12-04-2011, 08:32 PM

An arrest doesn't have to depend on priors. They booked him on the suspicion that he caused her injuries.

pbmax
12-07-2011, 01:07 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/135167513.html

Walden charged with disorderly conduct. Faces 90 days of jail and $1,000 fine max.

Interesting notes:
1. She reported the cause of injury to both the Hospital and 911.
2. She called 911 and reported a domestic violence incident
3. In both instances, she claimed the proximate cause was him pushing her open handed
4. Dispute was over a trip to Georgia that she and their two children would not accompany him on
5. His lawyer says it is still not clear who started this
6. The complaint quotes Walden as telling the girlfriend that she has no say in the matter because she does not work
7. The DA says its important for her to testify or the original info (before her clarification) will be used

Seems like they are going to pin a charge on Walden unless his girlfriend testifies in court that the story originally presented is incorrect. That would be covering you hindquarters and puts enormous pressure on the girlfriend.

pbmax
12-07-2011, 01:11 PM
Read the complaint here, courtesy of the Green Bay Press Gazette: http://t.co/V8zqL046

Patler
12-07-2011, 03:23 PM
There are fascinating things to analyze in the complaint, especially if:

1 - the interview with Walden occurred immediately after the interview with "Girlfriend X"; and/or
2 - Walden and "Girlfriend X" did not speak to each other between the two interviews.

If #2 above is true, #1 is virtually irrelevant.

It appears that the description of events by "Girlfriend X" changed during the course of her initial interview, after she realized the trouble he could be in. Changing her story could be for many reasons, but two of the more likely are:
A - to try to keep Walden out of serious trouble, even though her first description was more accurate.
B - she had exaggerated his fault and her nonfault before realizing the seriousness the police would attach to the report. When told, she realized she had to be more accurate about what really happened.

Now, if you look for similarities between the descriptions, the revised description by "Girlfriend X" and that by Walden are very similar and can be reconciled with each other quite easily. Her initial description and that given by Walden are not so easily reconciled.

For her second version and his only version to be so similar, they would have had to:
i. Concoct them together. (This didn't happen, because she changed her version "on the fly.")
ii. Devise his to comport with hers. (This requires them to have collaborated.)
iii. In fact be the more truthful accounts of what happened, as each perceived the event.

Thus, it all could come down to if they did or did not communicate with each other between her interview and his. If they did not, it leads one to conclude that "B" and "iii" above are the reasons behind her changed story. If they communicated, "A" and "ii" are plausible.

mraynrand
12-07-2011, 03:39 PM
There are fascinating things to analyze in the complaint, especially if:

1 - the interview with Walden occurred immediately after the interview with "Girlfriend X"; and/or
2 - Walden and "Girlfriend X" did not speak to each other between the two interviews.

If #2 above is true, #1 is virtually irrelevant.

It appears that the description of events by "Girlfriend X" changed during the course of her initial interview, after she realized the trouble he could be in. Changing her story could be for many reasons, but two of the more likely are:
A - to try to keep Walden out of serious trouble, even though her first description was more accurate.
B - she had exaggerated his fault and her nonfault before realizing the seriousness the police would attach to the report. When told, she realized she had to be more accurate about what really happened.

Now, if you look for similarities between the descriptions, the revised description by "Girlfriend X" and that by Walden are very similar and can be reconciled with each other quite easily. Her initial description and that given by Walden are not so easily reconciled.

For her second version and his only version to be so similar, they would have had to:
i. Concoct them together. (This didn't happen, because she changed her version "on the fly.")
ii. Devise his to comport with hers. (This requires them to have collaborated.)
iii. In fact be the more truthful accounts of what happened, as each perceived the event.

Thus, it all could come down to if they did or did not communicate with each other between her interview and his. If they did not, it leads one to conclude that "B" and "iii" above are the reasons behind her changed story. If they communicated, "A" and "ii" are plausible.

Logical. Flawlessly logical.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_7qfl6rG1tnY/S76stAr3UqI/AAAAAAAAAFI/_r2Po9IegS8/s1600/spock.jpg

Freak Out
12-07-2011, 04:17 PM
Aaahh....Pon far.....that explains everything.

Harlan Huckleby
12-09-2011, 01:01 PM
While Walden is embroiled in an off-field court case, he's been playing the best football of his career of late. In his last eight games, he has 13 quarterback hits and 12 pressures, according to Pro Football Focus.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/135291768.html

Joemailman
12-09-2011, 01:03 PM
Hopefully Walden will continue to engage in disorderly conduct against opposing quarterbacks.

mraynrand
12-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Hopefully Walden will continue to engage in disorderly conduct against opposing quarterbacks.

Just so long as he keeps his positive role models:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/200711/20071106pd_steelers1105d_500.jpg

Harlan Huckleby
12-09-2011, 01:07 PM

cocksucker. you bumped my fascinating post off the current page for this Jay Leno joke?

While Walden is embroiled in an off-field court case, he's been playing the best football of his career of late. In his last eight games, he has 13 quarterback hits and 12 pressures, according to Pro Football Focus.

SkinBasket
12-09-2011, 02:44 PM
cocksucker. you bumped my fascinating post off the current page for this Jay Leno joke?

Walden is apparently one of the best at getting somewhere near the QB just a little too late. What a factor!

Harlan Huckleby
12-09-2011, 03:37 PM
Walden is apparently one of the best at getting somewhere near the QB just a little too late. What a factor!

walden is no monster, but I've been noticing he's had a positive effect recently.

Erik Walden & Atari Bigby have three things in common.
http://cast.thirdage.com/files/styles/article/public/originals/1fwqbb.jpghttp://static03.mediaite.com/sportsgrid/power-grid/images/profiles/26817/atari-bigby_x200.jpg

Joemailman
12-09-2011, 04:24 PM

The same could be said of Matthews, whose sacks are down from last year. A little pressure up the middle would turn some of those hits and hurries into sacks.

SkinBasket
12-10-2011, 12:02 PM
The same could be said of Matthews, whose sacks are down from last year. A little pressure up the middle would turn some of those hits and hurries into sacks.

Except Matthews has twice, and sometimes thee times as many guys blocking and holding him. A turd on wheels should be able to get the numbers Walden's put up. Granted, you might have to have someone on the sideline pull the string to get it close enough to register a "pressure" or have it bump into the QB after the throw to score a "hit," and that might not fall within the rules of the game. I'd have to defer to Patler on that one.

pbmax
12-10-2011, 12:14 PM
Except Matthews has twice, and sometimes thee times as many guys blocking and holding him. A turd on wheels should be able to get the numbers Walden's put up. Granted, you might have to have someone on the sideline pull the string to get it close enough to register a "pressure" or have it bump into the QB after the throw to score a "hit," and that might not fall within the rules of the game. I'd have to defer to Patler on that one.

Brad Jones is evidence that being a turd is not quite enough. Also, Matthews has had substantial double-teaming but one worrisome aspect is that its often the Guard simply watching for an inside move, not actively blocking him. Capers defense calls for a bull rush from the OLBs on most pass rushes and that bull rush has been ineffective this year. The Guard waiting for the inside move has allowed Tackles to be more aggressive defending his low shoulder dip on an outside rush. That move has not been as effective this year either.

Its a tailor made situation or Raji, Neal or Wynn to blow by the center and either get to the QB or force the Guard to come off Matthews.