PDA

View Full Version : The Gants

JohnMexico
11-29-2011, 02:59 PM
Every team has it's own personality, I love that about the NFL. Most teams with competitive records are feared because they show fight. Whateve it is that is inside shows in the week following a horrible loss or a close heartbreaking game where the boys just fell short. Regardless of the outcome of the game, they would be sure to inflict pain on their next opponent, especially with their backs against the wall.

This doesn't apply to our next opponent. The Iants continue to end their seasons like gutless and spineless bitches, and it's becoming evidence that Couglins staff is goin to be ousted. I don't really get it either; teams like the Giants on paper are what beats teams like the Pack. They usually don't need to bring LBs and DBs to bring pressure, as that reason is usually why Chicago gives Aaron a hard time.

This isn't just a wounde animal, it's jut an animal asking to die. Once America sees this bloodbath all eyes will be on 16-0, if they aren't already

/obligatory generic first thread

Smidgeon
11-29-2011, 03:11 PM
Yeah, but watch this be the game where the Giants play lights out. I don't take any future win for granted.

Freak Out
11-29-2011, 06:25 PM
http://lloydvance.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/ya-tittle.jpg

sheepshead
11-29-2011, 06:27 PM
NFL head coach is a tough job. GM is even tougher. (except all of us who know better:-))

mission
11-29-2011, 06:30 PM
They play terrible at home, there are big problems in that lockerroom... this isn't your normal situation. Giants might bounce back a bit but Pack still wins by plenty.

MadtownPacker
11-29-2011, 07:14 PM
Really when you think about it this is exactly the kind of game the Giants can win. Seems that they are always on highs and lows (can you say 2007?) but somehow Coughlin and Eli have their job year after year. Sunday is their season and many of them have been in this spot before. I honestly believe this game and the raiders are the only thing left that can stop the undefeated regular season.

Bretsky
11-29-2011, 07:30 PM
Everybody tried stickling a dagger in the Giants a few years back. They tore through the end of the season, beat our asses at Lambeau, and then took down Hoody Genius. It could start again Sunday

MJZiggy
11-29-2011, 08:17 PM
Everybody tried stickling a dagger in the Giants a few years back. They tore through the end of the season, beat our asses at Lambeau, and then took down Hoody Genius. It could start again Sunday

It's not the gameday thread yet, B.

Bretsky
11-29-2011, 08:38 PM
It's not the gameday thread yet, B.

I am practicing to see if I sound believable :)

channtheman
11-29-2011, 08:52 PM
I am practicing to see if I sound believable :)

It truly is amazing how reading different posts can make me go from completely chilled out no doubt we win this game to worried and thinking we might lose. Your post was definitely believable and now I'm nervous about Sunday! Quick, someone post something to make me realize we will win!

pbmax
11-29-2011, 08:58 PM

No Spags to save them this year. No Plax either. Their O line is poorer too. Your favorite GM has some holes to patch.

RashanGary
11-29-2011, 09:07 PM
Nice first thread. Welcome.

pbmax
11-29-2011, 09:08 PM
Osi also might not be playing. No Strahan either. Giants have a ton of injuries.

yooperfan
11-29-2011, 09:10 PM
Quick, someone post something to make me realize we will win!

From the ESPN Blog:

"We ran into a buzz saw," defensive end Justin Tuck said. "We weren't able to do anything we wanted to do defensively."

That's likely to continue Sunday, when the Giants face Aaron Rodgers and the 11-0 Green Bay Packers. That's another game in which it looks as though the Giants won't have enough to compete. Another game against a high-powered offense with an array of weapons too wide and varied for the undermanned Giants to handle.

They'll play hard, as they always do. And Manning and the pass offense will give them a chance late if they can keep it close. But there exists the chance they won't be able to put a good enough team on the field to win, which is what happened Monday.

Bretsky
11-29-2011, 09:29 PM
Osi also might not be playing. No Strahan either. Giants have a ton of injuries.

your whammy threads would suck !

Bretsky
11-29-2011, 09:30 PM

Is the Marshallmellow still starting ?

Bretsky
11-29-2011, 09:33 PM
No Spags to save them this year. No Plax either. Their O line is poorer too. Your favorite GM has some holes to patch.

I sense sarcasm; my favorite GM is Teddy. My next favorite GM is probably Hoody....if he qualifies....if he doesn't I really don't have another favorite GM. I thought the TB GM was doing a great job til this year....now I'm unsure. The Gant GM did a great job a couple yrs back putting that squad together. ....now he's tailed off badly.

pbmax
11-29-2011, 10:16 PM
your whammy threads would suck !

Is the Marshallmellow still starting ?

I sense sarcasm; my favorite GM is Teddy. My next favorite GM is probably Hoody....if he qualifies....if he doesn't I really don't have another favorite GM. I thought the TB GM was doing a great job til this year....now I'm unsure. The Gant GM did a great job a couple yrs back putting that squad together. ....now he's tailed off badly.

Yes, my whammy thread would suck :) It would be a long list of how neither team is qualified to win.

If by Marshmellow we are talking Brandon Jacobs, then yes, he is starting for the Giants. He is not for my fantasy team. If its not Jacobs then maybe you are referring to Jared Lorenzen? :lol:

No sarcasm about your GM enthusiasms. I know beside T2, you like Hoody but I am pretty sure you have expressed admiration for Jerry Reese before. Could be wrong, but that is what I remember.

King Friday
11-29-2011, 11:28 PM
I don't expect this one to be easy for Green Bay. Their season is on the line, and they were just embarrassed. Sure, they could come out and roll over if the Packers jump on them early and grab a two score lead. However, the longer they stay in the game the more dangerous they become IMO.

channtheman
11-29-2011, 11:53 PM
Thanks pb and yooper, I needed those.

Gunakor
11-30-2011, 01:25 AM
The Packers played 3 games in 10 days culminating in their win @ Detroit last week Thursday. They play 0 games over the next 10 days leading up to their game @ New York on Sunday. Our guys will be well rested. The coaches will have had plenty of time to create and install a working game plan for the Giants. I'd imagine our guys will be more prepared for this game than they had been for any other game since early September.

The Giants, on the other hand, are coming off of a short week following the drubbing they took at the hands of New Orleans on Monday night. They will not be as well rested, and will have had 4 less days to work on Green Bay than Green Bay has to work on New York. They are at a competitive disadvantage even if the overall talent between the two teams are equal. But with Green Bay clearly the most talented team in the league on top of having the easiest week of preparation leading up to Sunday, I could see the game becoming a non contest very early. I mean, the Giants are not awesome.

Believe. Green Bay will win this game. The question is whether or not Green Bay will win this game by halftime.

easy cheesy
11-30-2011, 01:53 AM
OK... I may have thread A.D.D., BUT is the title of this thread "The Gants"? I didn't know if we were talking about "Big Blue", the "G-Men", Gnats or Giants.... gleaned info after skimming... then again... I'm a "tard" so ignore me as you see fit. (I also see the opposition to Green Bay referred to in the following terminology..."Iants".... and, don't forget... it's "Coughlin" not Couglin as the "Gnats" coach) GO PACK GO! God, I'm an asshole... **AHEM**... GO PACK GO!

easy cheesy
11-30-2011, 02:24 AM
oh.. and... it's "evident"...not "evidence"... and it's "going".. not "goin"... and... lastly... it's "wounded" animal not "wounde" animal.... just sayin'... (that's "sayin"' not "saying"... slang intended).. oh and lest I forget... it's not "jut" an animal, it's "just" an animal... carry on....

easy cheesy
11-30-2011, 02:38 AM
It truly is amazing how reading different posts can make me go from completely chilled out no doubt we win this game to worried and thinking we might lose. Your post was definitely believable and now I'm nervous about Sunday! Quick, someone post something to make me realize we will win!

We will win. Green Bay lives to fight another undefeated day. Trust! The Force is STRONG!

mraynrand
11-30-2011, 07:14 AM
Titillating!

http://lloydvance.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/ya-tittle.jpg

sharpe1027
11-30-2011, 08:49 AM
From the ESPN Blog:

"We ran into a buzz saw," defensive end Justin Tuck said. "We weren't able to do anything we wanted to do defensively."

That's likely to continue Sunday, when the Giants face Aaron Rodgers and the 11-0 Green Bay Packers. That's another game in which it looks as though the Giants won't have enough to compete. Another game against a high-powered offense with an array of weapons too wide and varied for the undermanned Giants to handle.

They'll play hard, as they always do. And Manning and the pass offense will give them a chance late if they can keep it close. But there exists the chance they won't be able to put a good enough team on the field to win, which is what happened Monday.

I like this bold prediction. There exists a chance they won't be good enough to win. I would like to add that there exists the chance that they will be good enough to win. Oh, and there exists the small chance that they are only good enough to tie.

Pugger
11-30-2011, 11:53 AM
If the Gmen's defensive line gives Rodgers the same amount of time they gave Brees Monday night then we won't have to worry.

smuggler
11-30-2011, 03:58 PM
Gmen are without Osi for the game. Tuck is injured to the point where he's just a guy. Only Jason Pierre-Paul is an actual threat. And our offense line is probably a little better than NO in pass protection. If the Giants beat us, we will seriously have to fix some issues quickly with the playoffs approaching.

Teamcheez1
11-30-2011, 04:18 PM
Manning completed 21 passes in a row during the game, and the Giants still tanked.

Their defense is spiraling downward and their offense can't save the team.

JohnMexico
11-30-2011, 08:06 PM
Yeah thats the last time I try creating an extremely important thread on an iPod Touch at work. However, "Gants" is spelled correctly, since they are not playing like Giants. I can see them taking the first quarter though, since that appears to be the one where our defense doesn't ever get off the field.

pbmax
11-30-2011, 08:25 PM
How about the Gnats?

KYPack
11-30-2011, 09:27 PM
Since we were kids, my brother and I always call the Giants the Gi-Ants or GiantAnts.

I thought you were going for that kind of idea.

George Cumby
12-01-2011, 08:19 AM
The thing that concerns me about the Giants is their Jekyll-Hyde persona under Coughlin. Just when you think it's time to stick a fork in them, they get their heads screwed on right and play lights out.

Did that beat-down from NO break them or galvanize them?

Losing a quality lineman like Osi hurts just the way losing Sitton or Clifton hurts..... waitaminit..... EDS and Marshall are doing well, aren't they?

Color me "slightly concerned" about this one.

Brandon494
12-01-2011, 08:59 AM
Really? You guys are concerned about the Giants? Did you see what Brees just did against them? Do you realize we still have #12 at QB? Packers by atleast two scores.

Joemailman
12-01-2011, 09:59 AM
If the Giants were healthy on the D-Line, they would be a concern. They do have the pass rushers necessary to put pressure on a QB without a lot of blitzing, which is what you need against Rodgers. However, with Osi out and Tuck not 100%, they'll barely be able to slow the Packers offense down.

George Cumby
12-01-2011, 10:36 AM
Really? You guys are concerned about the Giants? Did you see what Brees just did against them? Do you realize we still have #12 at QB? Packers by atleast two scores.

Unfortunately, no, I didn't get to watch Monday night.

I am basing my concerns solely on their performance in years past and my own irrational emotions and neuroses, not on objective fact or first hand observation of their play. : )

jdrats
12-01-2011, 01:00 PM
Aw man, I thought this thread was about the classic garage band. Bummer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9Z3j1I42ZM&feature=related

HarveyWallbangers
12-02-2011, 07:59 AM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7304106/new-york-giants-perry-fewell-rips-d-plans-get-aaron-rodgers

Priority number one for the Giants is to get to Rodgers, whose mobility makes defending him all the more tougher. But Fewell says if Rodgers runs, he will get hit.

"We have to be very disciplined in our rush lanes," Fewell said. "But more so than disciplined, we got to get after his a--. If we do that and he scrambles, then that is the price he is going to have to pay because we are going to hit him. We are going to hit him."

"Oh, we are going to get to the quarterback," Fewell said when asked about the stagnant pass rush. "Period. OK? We are going to get it done."

Gunakor
12-02-2011, 09:53 AM
Didn't his defense just give up 40+ points to a team we already outscored this year? Did something miraculous happen in New York on what is for them a short week of practice/rest? Whoever that Fewell guy is, he's not doing his team any favors by putting this on Aaron Rodgers' bulletin board 2 days before the game.

George Cumby
12-02-2011, 10:41 AM
“More so than discipline, we just have to get after his (butt), okay? And if we do that and he scrambles, then that’s the price he’s going to have to pay because we’re going to hit him. We’re going to hit him.”

Just hope he doesn't scramble to his left........

denverYooper
12-02-2011, 11:39 AM
GB just faced a much better DL (this year) in Detroit. New York is usually very good on the DL but they sure look banged up right now. We'll see what they come with but it doesn't help their case to talk it up in the media because it's the kind of thing that will give the Pack's protection unit extra motivation.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rodgers has pinned a copy of that interview in the locker of every player on their offense.

Fritz
12-02-2011, 11:45 AM
What I'm curious about is a comment earlier in the thread, and a comment I heard on the radio, about the Giants' locker room atmosphere being a mess, being poisoned. Anybody have the skinny on that?

wootah
12-02-2011, 12:08 PM
What I'm curious about is a comment earlier in the thread, and a comment I heard on the radio, about the Giants' locker room atmosphere being a mess, being poisoned. Anybody have the skinny on that?

The first 40 seconds of the video in the link below (less than a month ago) shows how much the players hate Coughlin.

LINK (http://www.giants.com/media-vault/videos/Giants-celebrate-comeback-win-vs-Patriots/cb25b0ec-10de-444f-8a7d-a041c5e7e096)