PDA

View Full Version : Veteran QBs getting cut!

Guiness
12-02-2011, 12:12 AM
So, Orton gets waived. Now McNabb is out the door in Minnesota. Everybody's putting a nice spin on it, but he's still out.

I don't seem to remember veteran QB's, starting or not, getting let go at this point in the season before. Seems odd.

In Orton's case, I can buy that it at makes a bit of sense. They were wholesale changing the O halfway through the season, if Tebow went down, they'd probably be better off putting an RB under center than trying to get another QB to play there.

But McNabb makes no sense. Assuming the O is not changing, wouldn't you want a vet QB holding the clipboard to guide your rookie QB? Why are these vet QB's, who don't seem to have a history of being malcontents, getting cut?

mraynrand
12-02-2011, 12:19 AM
But McNabb makes no sense. Assuming the O is not changing, wouldn't you want a vet QB holding the clipboard to guide your rookie QB? Why are these vet QB's, who don't seem to have a history of being malcontents, getting cut?

Th season is over for the Vikings. Who cares who plays if Ponder gets hurt? And was McNabb really going to be a clipboard guy when he knows there are teams out there that need a veteran QB? McNabb is 100x better than Jake Delhomme, for example.

Scott Campbell
12-02-2011, 05:57 AM
McNabb is 100 x fatter than Jake Delhomme.

sheepshead
12-02-2011, 06:57 AM
In both cases they asked for it. Unusual I think.

Cheesehead Craig
12-02-2011, 08:44 AM
I wonder if Kluwe will have to pro-rate the money back from selling his jersey number to McNabb?

Harlan Huckleby
12-02-2011, 08:50 AM
Th season is over for the Vikings. Who cares who plays if Ponder gets hurt?

Teams still try to win. The Vikings have 3 QBs, Joe Webb knows offense and isn't bad. McNabb was embarrassed and enbarrassment on sideline. Move on.

gbgary
12-02-2011, 09:18 AM
dallas might take a look at him since kitna is down.

Pugger
12-02-2011, 09:21 AM
McNabb was the one who wanted OUT of MN, not the other way around. Can you blame him? :wink:

mraynrand
12-02-2011, 10:25 AM
Teams still try to win.

Sure they do; you just go on believing that.

http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Philadelphia+Eagles+v+Cincinnati+Bengals+CtCazaaEH Ryl.jpg

mraynrand
12-02-2011, 10:27 AM
The Vikings have 3 QBs, Joe Webb knows offense and isn't bad.

It will be interesting to see if Webb gets any time, even if Ponder is healthy.

retailguy
12-02-2011, 10:51 AM
So, Orton gets waived. Now McNabb is out the door in Minnesota. Everybody's putting a nice spin on it, but he's still out.

I don't seem to remember veteran QB's, starting or not, getting let go at this point in the season before. Seems odd.

In Orton's case, I can buy that it at makes a bit of sense. They were wholesale changing the O halfway through the season, if Tebow went down, they'd probably be better off putting an RB under center than trying to get another QB to play there.

Houston is rumored to be interested in Sage Rosenfels, whom Miami is supposed to have released yesterday, also at his request.

mraynrand
12-02-2011, 10:54 AM
Now may be the time to get those #1 picks for Flynn

sheepshead
12-02-2011, 11:40 AM

That occurred to me too. Pick up a vet and peddle Matt for some picks

Fritz
12-02-2011, 11:40 AM
Trade deadline's long since passed.

This all looks like musical chairs with veteran QB's.

I wonder if Brent is sad that his name is no longer being mentioned.

retailguy
12-02-2011, 11:45 AM
The trade deadline doesn't apply to Ted. He isn't constrained by normal rules nor thoughts.

Fritz
12-02-2011, 11:52 AM
You're right. I forgot. Ted could use the Vulcan mind-meld and make it happen.

How about Flynn for a first-round pick but Flynn doesn't go to his new team til after the season is over?

Do it, Ted!

hoosier
12-02-2011, 11:55 AM
It sounds like Cutler's return at the end of regular season is in doubt, or overly optimistic. McNabb to Chicago would be hilarious.

mraynrand
12-02-2011, 12:44 PM
It sounds like Cutler's return at the end of regular season is in doubt, or overly optimistic. McNabb to Chicago would be hilarious.

:lol: Indeed!

mraynrand
12-02-2011, 12:47 PM
You're right. I forgot. Ted could use the Vulcan mind-meld and make it happen.

Correct idiom, wrong character. I believe he is in the Nexus, where everything he imagines comes true
http://www.movievillains.com/images/soran.jpg

mraynrand
12-02-2011, 12:48 PM
Trade deadline's long since passed.

I always forget about those pesky details

Tarlam!
12-12-2011, 10:06 PM

I know Flynn only played a quarter and a bit, but he did not look at all comfortable to me. I have to wonder what his value is after his outing, knowing full well that the trade dealine is long gone and he is a UFA after the season.

Theoretically, I could only see a 4th rounder. Thoughts anyone?