PDA

View Full Version : Insaine!

PA Pack Fan
12-04-2011, 08:12 PM
The guy can play. Start him for crying out loud.

King Friday
12-04-2011, 08:21 PM
He's the best RB we have right now. I said that a couple weeks ago. He needs experience now before we reach the postseason. Give the kid reps. I liked what I saw of him in the preseason...ran hard and got every yard he could. He got buried on a college team with a RB posing as a QB, so never had a chance to show his stuff.

Grant is done. The guy might have great ball security, but he's simply not the same runner anymore. He's great for the 4th quarter when you don't want to fumble. Other than that, he's JAG.

Joemailman
12-04-2011, 08:21 PM
Looks good catching the ball out of the backfield, but I haven't seen anything special yet when he runs the ball. Good player though.

King Friday
12-04-2011, 08:23 PM
but I haven't seen anything special yet when he runs the ball.

With our OL, I'm not sure you'd see that from anyone. Without Sitton, our OL was pathetic this week.

HarveyWallbangers
12-04-2011, 08:34 PM
I liked him in preseason. Big, runs hard, fast, good hands, willing blocker. I think a Starks-Green-Saine combination could be very nice for the next few years. Well, good enough anyways.

mmmdk
12-04-2011, 08:35 PM
I liked him in preseason. Big, runs hard, fast, good hands, willing blocker. I think a Starks-Green-Saine combination could be very nice for the next few years. Well, good enough anyways.

Very nice RB trio!

King Friday
12-04-2011, 08:37 PM
I think we've seen the ceiling for Starks. I'm not super high on him. He's OK, but he's not a game changer. I think Seine has a higher ceiling over the long term. Green...he's a complete unknown to me at this point. He seems to have all the skills, but he didn't play big time college football and seems a little behind. Time will tell with him.

HarveyWallbangers
12-04-2011, 09:04 PM
My post on Saine in the preseason. It's a bit premature, but I like him.

Saine - looked like pretty powerful with some speed and shiftiness. Always fell forward. Has nice size for pass protection. Caught the ball well. To me, he looked a heck of a lot better than Nance, and he kind of looked like what I expected Green to look like.

I checked out the combine results, and athletically Saine matches up very well with Green

Saine - 5'11" 220, 4.40 40, 2.55 20, 22 bench press reps, 34 1/2" vertical, 9'5" broad jump, 4.25 shuttle, 6.98 cone
Green - 6'0" 225, 4.45 40, 2.60 20, 20 bench press reps, 34" vertical, 9'6" broad jump, 4.15 shuttle, 6.91 cone

Smidgeon
12-05-2011, 12:10 PM
He's the best RB we have right now. I said that a couple weeks ago. He needs experience now before we reach the postseason. Give the kid reps. I liked what I saw of him in the preseason...ran hard and got every yard he could. He got buried on a college team with a RB posing as a QB, so never had a chance to show his stuff.

Grant is done. The guy might have great ball security, but he's simply not the same runner anymore. He's great for the 4th quarter when you don't want to fumble. Other than that, he's JAG.

The best RB? Are we forgetting Starks? You know, the guy who hasn't had offseason training since joining the team? The guy who many say is athletic enough to split to WR and be effective? The guy who always squirts through the line for three extra yards that Saine and Grant together can't get? The guy who iced Minnesota and is the closest to a closer we have? That guy?

George Cumby
12-05-2011, 12:14 PM
I don't think we've seen Stark's ceiling. On a different team that is less reliant on the pass, getting 20-25 touches a game, I think Starks is a 1300 yard rusher.

He runs angry, he almost never loses yardage. Yes, he stank up the joint at Soldier Field this year, but you could see him over-thinking stuff that day.

No, I think Starks is quite good and, providing he heals up, his best days are ahead of him.

PA Pack Fan
12-05-2011, 12:21 PM
The best RB? Are we forgetting Starks? You know, the guy who hasn't had offseason training since joining the team? The guy who many say is athletic enough to split to WR and be effective? The guy who always squirts through the line for three extra yards that Saine and Grant together can't get? The guy who iced Minnesota and is the closest to a closer we have? That guy?

No, we're talking about the1 touchdown in 12 games,34th in total yards Starks.

pbmax
12-05-2011, 12:32 PM
No, we're talking about the1 touchdown in 12 games,34th in total yards Starks.

Tough to accumulate numbers when its a split job on a team that does not run first. He doesn't have elite speed, but I would say its likely we haven't seen him at his best. Of course, the answer to that question is almost as troubling. He has been injured.

mraynrand
12-05-2011, 12:39 PM

I think the jury's out on what all Saine can do. It's way too premature to get Saine brain fever, but who knows, he may be as effective as Starks. I'm concerned about pass protection. If he can't pass pro, he's dog meat. Starks was starting to come around on that, but Starks has been spotty making the correct block to protect Rodgers.

Smidgeon
12-05-2011, 12:49 PM
I think the jury's out on what all Saine can do. It's way too premature to get Saine brain fever, but who knows, he may be as effective as Starks. I'm concerned about pass protection. If he can't pass pro, he's dog meat. Starks was starting to come around on that, but Starks has been spotty making the correct block to protect Rodgers.

I don't disagree that the jury's still out on Saine. I just saw more of Grant in Saine than I did Starks. When I first saw Starks run last year, I was surprised at how often he ended up on the far side of a pile with a few extra yards. Grant doesn't do that. And Saine didn't do that yesterday either.

mraynrand
12-05-2011, 12:54 PM
I don't disagree that the jury's still out on Saine. I just saw more of Grant in Saine than I did Starks. When I first saw Starks run last year, I was surprised at how often he ended up on the far side of a pile with a few extra yards. Grant doesn't do that. And Saine didn't do that yesterday either.

Neither did Starks. Starks ran for 5 yards on 3 carries; Saine was 6 for 16. Just not enough carries to know much of anything yet on Saine, 44OBOALOO.

Freak Out
12-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Insaine looked OK....none of the Packer RBs are putting fear in the hearts of opposing defenders. Have any off them had room to run....? Ever...?

Cheesehead Craig
12-05-2011, 01:30 PM
I thought Saine had a run yesterday that I didn't think Starks or Grant could have done. It was a run inside but after getting to the pile where it would have been a 1 yd gain at best, he bounced it outside showing a lot of agility and burst and got 5 yds.

HarveyWallbangers
12-05-2011, 02:04 PM
I thought Saine had a run yesterday that I didn't think Starks or Grant could have done. It was a run inside but after getting to the pile where it would have been a 1 yd gain at best, he bounced it outside showing a lot of agility and burst and got 5 yds.

What's funny about Saine is that I'm a Buckeyes fan, but I had no opinion on Saine until I saw him this preseason. He was pretty unspectacular at Ohio State, but he wasn't the primary ballcarrier. I was actually surprised by his measurables because in college he didn't always seem to play to them. However, I see a different guy this year. I think he has a solid future. He's no Ahman Green, but I like a Starks-Green-Saine combination for the future. I'm also very concerned that Starks will continue to be injury prone, so it would be nice to have a three headed monster. Plus, Green just got a major injury. Saine looks sturdier than the other guys and may be able to hold up better.

mraynrand
12-05-2011, 02:51 PM
Uggh, Harvey used 'injury prone'

mission
12-05-2011, 10:51 PM
Fuck it, start him against the Raiders. Give him 15 carries and let's see what happens. :kneejerkbutimserious: