PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Pats

Kiwon
12-06-2011, 06:20 PM
It's been bugging me as Green Bay progresses through a perfect season.

Why is it so difficult to remember the 2007 Patriots that were 18-0 and then lost their last game, the Super Bowl?

For me, at least, it is practically impossible to even remember or appreciate what they accomplished. Am I alone in thinking this way?

MJZiggy
12-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Who?

mission
12-06-2011, 06:40 PM
No one remembers second place.

MadtownPacker
12-06-2011, 07:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tna3B5zqHdk

mraynrand
12-06-2011, 07:56 PM
No one remembers second place.

Did someone mention my name?

http://www.owenscollection.com/wp-content/gallery/autographs-space/buzz-aldrin-autograph-01.jpg

pbmax
12-06-2011, 09:09 PM
Oh, a shot at Buzz Aldrin!?

I will always remember Helmet Catch because it made me very, very happy. Because I am a small person and like to see other denied joy. Mostly Bill Simmons, but still.

ThunderDan
12-06-2011, 10:58 PM
Oh, a shot at Buzz Aldrin!?

I will always remember Helmet Catch because it made me very, very happy. Because I am a small person and like to see other denied joy. Mostly Bill Simmons, but still.

5'3" or 5'4"? :lol:

pbmax
12-07-2011, 06:48 AM
5'3" or 5'4"? :lol:

Maturity wise, yes. That small. :)

Brandon494
12-07-2011, 07:07 AM
Yes you are alone, how can you forget about that SB game with "the catch".

Kiwon
12-07-2011, 07:42 AM
Yes you are alone, how can you forget about that SB game with "the catch".

Yawn. Tyree's grab on a broken play on a 3rd and 5 where he is tackled in the middle of the field is not worthy of receiving a special name. Now if he caught it that way and got into the end zone.......

Freeman's walk-off grab on MNF against Minnesota in overtime is "The Catch."

pbmax
12-07-2011, 07:52 AM
Yawn. Tyree's grab on a broken play on a 3rd and 5 where he is tackled in the middle of the field is not worthy of receiving a special name. Now if he caught it that way and got into the end zone.......

Freeman's walk-off grab on MNF against Minnesota in overtime is "The Catch."

While you could argue the Freeman catch was more amazing, everyone remembers Helmet Catch. Packers, Vikings and some NFL fans remember Freeman's. The audience was probably 5 times the size for the Super Bowl.

RashanGary
12-07-2011, 07:56 AM
Similar Giant team to the one that almost beat us on Sunday. If their big 3 pass rushers are healthy, they're going to be a nasty team to beat come January.

Kiwon
12-07-2011, 08:26 AM
While you could argue the Freeman catch was more amazing, everyone remembers Helmet Catch. Packers, Vikings and some NFL fans remember Freeman's. The audience was probably 5 times the size for the Super Bowl.

I give extra credit for walk-offs.

"The Catch" put the Giants in position to win but it did not win the game for them. Besides, Eli's escape and throw is as impressive as the reception. Tyree ended up with two hands on the ball and landing on Harrison broke his fall. If Harrison weren't holding him up, Tyree would have dropped the ball when he hit the ground. Incomplete pass.

Brandon misses the point of the thread, anyway. It's focused on the 18-1 Patriots. All season long, they were this offensive juggernaut, the media darlings and predestined champs only to be almost suddenly forgotten with one final loss. I'd hate the same thing to happen to this year's Packers. This team really seems to be a group of players and coaches that could achieve the truly historic.

mission
12-07-2011, 08:39 AM
Similar Giant team to the one that almost beat us on Sunday. If their big 3 pass rushers are healthy, they're going to be a nasty team to beat come January.

Stranger things have happened but I don't see them being around in January. They have to win out and I can't see them sweeping the Cowboys. 9-7 isn't going to get it done

I'm tired of hearing Giants-in-the-playoffs talk. They're a 6-6 team. They need a borderline miracle.

mraynrand
12-07-2011, 08:43 AM
I'm tired of hearing Giants-in-the-playoffs talk. They're a 6-6 team. They need a borderline miracle.

You ask for a miracle. I give you Tony Romo and the Dallas Cowboys

http://cache2.artprintimages.com/p/LRG/54/5488/BEBWG00Z/art-print/alan-rickman-die-hard.jpg

Cheesehead Craig
12-07-2011, 08:48 AM
Did someone mention my name?

http://www.owenscollection.com/wp-content/gallery/autographs-space/buzz-aldrin-autograph-01.jpg

You know he was named Buzz because he was afraid of bees.

mission
12-07-2011, 08:52 AM

http://cache2.artprintimages.com/p/LRG/54/5488/BEBWG00Z/art-print/alan-rickman-die-hard.jpg

Hence, anything is possible :lol:

denverYooper
12-07-2011, 11:14 AM

Yeah. I can easily the Giants winning that division and they'll be a tough out. I don't think they'll go to the Dance though.

denverYooper
12-07-2011, 11:17 AM
The Packers are purposefully not stomping teams a la the 07 Pats because they know how the Football Gods can be.

MadtownPacker
12-07-2011, 02:29 PM
The Packers are purposefully not stomping teams a la the 07 Pats because they know how the Football Gods can be.
The point I was about to make!!

Between spygate and running the score the patriots bought themselves all kinds of bad juju. GB has just scored alot within the flow of the game.

George Cumby
12-07-2011, 05:51 PM

Are you suggesting that the Pack are sand-bagging?

packrulz
12-07-2011, 06:28 PM
I don't think the Packers are sandbagging but I don't think they are giving 100% yet either. I think Hawk, Bishop, and maybe Clifton could've played last week, maybe they're resting some starters already. Lol. Even though the D leads the league in interceptions they haven't been blitzing that much. And the Flea flicker with Cobb kind of shows me they're experimenting.