PDA

View Full Version : Tramontana better than Revis?

Smidgeon
12-10-2011, 09:02 PM
Apparently the DBs coach for the Packers would take Tramon over Revis (http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-raji-gets-more-out-of-playing-less-ka3clct-135362458.html) in a heartbeat. He says that the Jets always have a safety over Revis.

Now, I know that he's partial to his own guy (who wouldn't be), but that's pretty high praise. Plus, I think Whitt's shown himself to be a good coach, and that includes a lot of film work.

So the question is: Is he right?

King Friday
12-10-2011, 10:35 PM
I do think Revis is overrated...he plays in NY and gets overhyped as if he's one of the best CBs to ever play the game, which I just don't see at this point. Few AFC WRs impress me as great...outside of Andre Johnson. The NFC has far better offenses, quarterbacks and receivers on the whole, which helps make Revis look better than he really is.

Is Tramon so much better than Revis that I'd take him in a heatbeat? No. However, I think the point could be made that the gap is considerably closer than most casual fans would think based on the "hype" factor.

Smeefers
12-11-2011, 09:31 AM
Tramon is good. Damn good. Better than Revis? Ehhh... stretchin it. Right now Revis is widely considered the best DB in the game. I don't think Tramon is that.

Brandon494
12-11-2011, 10:29 AM
Sorry but hes talking out of his ass, Revis is the best corner in football.

Bretsky
12-11-2011, 10:56 AM
Sorry, but IMO this poll borders on insanity. Revis is at another level

MadtownPacker
12-11-2011, 11:29 AM
Sorry but hes talking out of his ass, Revis is the best corner in football.
But what if Revis was White like you? :lol:

Yeah, Tramon hasnt merited even having this discussion this season.

pbmax
12-11-2011, 11:49 AM
Apparently the DBs coach for the Packers would take Tramon over Revis (http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-raji-gets-more-out-of-playing-less-ka3clct-135362458.html) in a heartbeat. He says that the Jets always have a safety over Revis.

Now, I know that he's partial to his own guy (who wouldn't be), but that's pretty high praise. Plus, I think Whitt's shown himself to be a good coach, and that includes a lot of film work.

So the question is: Is he right?

Didn't we have this debate with Moss a couple of years ago? And the Jets eventually said they did have a safety over Revis and Moss some of the time, but not always.

KYPack
12-11-2011, 11:51 AM

Yeah, Tramon hasnt merited even having this discussion this season.

Our resident Mex has got it again.

Revis is the man.

Watch Patrick Peterson from AZ.

He's a young Champ Bailey type.

Tramon has been hurt this year, Shields has taken a step back. We may take a corner in the draft, if Wood hangs 'em up or makes a more "formal" move to safety/roverback whateverthe hellhe's play'inow

Harlan Huckleby
12-11-2011, 12:59 PM
Shields has taken a step back.

The last couple games I thought Shields has looked like old self.

It's hard to judge secondary as a fan, we don't see whole field, and a few plays get stuck in our minds.

RashanGary
12-11-2011, 01:03 PM
I voted yes because I'm a Packer fan, a TW fan and I don't know much about Revis. . . . .

retailguy
12-11-2011, 07:58 PM

:worship: http://i653.photobucket.com/albums/uu257/markus69_bucket/smiley_ROFLMAO.gif

Brandon494
12-11-2011, 08:49 PM

If he were white? Then I'd doubt he would be playing CB :)

smuggler
12-11-2011, 08:56 PM
He'd be playing slot WR because he'd be able to catch. =P