PDA

View Full Version : Frank Mir is a Baaaddd Boy

Kiwon
12-12-2011, 08:50 AM
It was hard to watch him break Nogueira's arm at UFC 140.

The genius Nogueira taps out AFTER his arm is broken. But, in fairness, it happened fairly quickly.

Dude, com'on man, you're caught. You're not getting out of it. Tap out and give it up. Now, he's had surgery and probably faces a year away from fighting again.

It's a shame for a warrior like Nogueira.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD7iLG6fJCs

Deputy Nutz
12-12-2011, 10:16 AM
I think the tap came right after the arm broke. He didn't have the Kimora extended, it was brute strength against brute strength and the arm broke. Second arm broken for Mir. Broke Sylvia's arms 10 years ago.

Mir is cocky, I root against him for most fights, but when this guy is on he is one of the most dangerous heavies in the game. He doesn't have the punching power or the wrestling to go against guys like Brock or Carwin, but he would give Dos Santos a tough fight, and give Overreem a tough fight as well.

I understand why Nog went for a submission, but you had Mir out, he should have just pounded him out and got the victory, pride is a motherfucker.

Anyone see Jon Jones choke out Machida? That was like watching a dead body hit the floor when Jones let go.

Kiwon
12-12-2011, 11:55 AM
Aw, dude, Machida's eyes were rolled back when he hit the floor. That guy was O-U-T!

Jones had his arm cleanly around his neck and just squeezed. Machida had no chance at that point.

Once Mir got the arm and was in position, he just torqued it. I'm really surprised it broke that quickly. At 260, Mir is wicked strong. Forget his striking, I just love his jiu-jitsu. Pretty amazing for such a big man. And, he seems so calm all the time. He never gets freaked out no matter the circumstance. I know he rubs people the wrong way, but I find him entertaining. He's good for the sport, IMHO.

Deputy Nutz
12-13-2011, 02:30 PM
Mir is also a very good color man. He did a fantastic job doing the WEC broadcast. I still don't like the guy, but he is probably the most well rounded heavyweight. He has sick BJJ and his stand up has gotten a lot better. He just has issues with the bigger stronger fighters like Carwin and Lesnar. Mir has a suspect chin though.

SkinBasket
12-13-2011, 05:11 PM
I like how he tries to lay his arm down gently after snapping it in half. He's a true sportsman.

Deputy Nutz
12-14-2011, 07:50 AM
Thanks for joining us.

gbgary
12-14-2011, 09:48 AM
I like how he tries to lay his arm down gently after snapping it in half. He's a true sportsman.

lol

SkinBasket
12-14-2011, 11:30 AM
Thanks for joining us.

Toaster strudel. Iced.