PDA

View Full Version : Sam Hurd in the clink

Zool
12-15-2011, 01:09 PM
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/7355706/chicago-bears-sam-hurd-arrested-drug-charges

gbgary
12-15-2011, 01:32 PM
yup...saw that. idiot!

Tarlam!
12-15-2011, 02:05 PM
Silly way to to invest in a 401K plan.

denverYooper
12-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Silly way to to invest in a 401K plan.

He thought the K stood for "Kilo".

hoosier
12-15-2011, 02:24 PM
The bird is the word.
The Hurd is a turd.

denverYooper
12-15-2011, 02:34 PM
Sounds like he has an list of clients from around the NFL, too...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/15/report-hurds-drug-clients-included-many-nfl-players/

sheepshead
12-15-2011, 03:55 PM
Insert: Bears, coke and cant find the white line joke.

Joemailman
12-15-2011, 04:43 PM
Always best to avoid a Hurd mentality.

mission
12-15-2011, 05:43 PM
He hasn't been in Chicago that long... I'm assuming most of his dealings started in Dallas. The only way to make big money selling drugs is to buy from the amigos... if you buy in the hood, you're going to get shot/robbed/snitched and can't ever be big time like Hurd is supposedly. Texas has all the amigos and is one of the biggest drug hubs in the world.

Supposedly a Dallas reporter asked Ratliff about this and they had to be separated. Ratliff is a very moody, edgy guy. Sounds like that list of NFL players is going to be concentrated in Texas.

Crazy shit. Hope no Packers have purchased.

sheepshead
12-15-2011, 06:40 PM
I spoke to a dea friend of mine, the order was signed in Dallas and there are 6 players named. ICE was also involved. I got the feeling he might know who they were but I didnt push him. He's a packer fan and I didnt detect anything in his voice that there were Packers involved.

gbgary
12-15-2011, 07:55 PM
I spoke to a dea friend of mine, the order was signed in Dallas and there are 6 players named. ICE was also involved. I got the feeling he might know who they were but I didnt push him. He's a packer fan and I didnt detect anything in his voice that there were Packers involved.

evidently he's a pretty major drug dealer here. it's going to be hilarious around here if a bunch of cowboys are busted.

Tarlam!
12-15-2011, 08:25 PM
Tony, your inside scoop on this has me pretty scared of you. i think from now on, I'll take a "3 monkeys" stance; I see no evil, I hear no evil I speak no evil. Sheat dude!

KYPack
12-15-2011, 08:28 PM
Hurd's lucky. The street sentence for moving weight in coke and weed in Chicago carries the death penalty. Two right behind your left ear.

Tarlam!
12-15-2011, 08:36 PM
Hurd's lucky. The street sentence for moving weight in coke and weed in Chicago carries the death penalty. Two right behind your left ear.

KY, were you on a first name basis with Al capone or did you need to call him Mister? Ya ol' coot!!! Hahahahahah

KYPack
12-15-2011, 08:48 PM
KY, were you on a first name basis with Al capone or did you need to call him Mister? Ya ol' coot!!! Hahahahahah

To this day, if you talk about Capone in Cicero, IL, you're better off if you refer to Al as Mr Capone.

mission
12-15-2011, 09:06 PM

That's if you're white. The Brothers play by different rules obviously.

mission
12-15-2011, 09:08 PM
Tony, your inside scoop on this has me pretty scared of you. i think from now on, I'll take a "3 monkeys" stance; I see no evil, I hear no evil I speak no evil. Sheat dude!

You could probably search back far enough on this forum to find a couple posts shedding light on why I know a little something about all of this.

I'm the EX-hood rat, you know. When in Rome...

Tarlam!
12-15-2011, 09:18 PM
You could probably search back far enough on this forum to find a couple posts shedding light on why I know a little something about all of this.

I'm the EX-hood rat, you know. When in Rome...

I can't see you, so you obviously cannot see me!

KYPack
12-15-2011, 09:20 PM
That's if you're white. The Brothers play by different rules obviously.

I dunno about that shit, Mish. The drug trade in Chi is very much an equal opportunity operation. There are White, Black, & Mexican corpses all over town. You try to muscle in on turf, you die.

Sounds like Hurd was real green and somebody just dimed him.

He was doing goofy shit like leaving bags of money in a car and then coming back to claim it.

He started fast, but he didn't last.

sheepshead
12-15-2011, 09:38 PM
I wonder if he's better on grass or turf?

mission
12-15-2011, 09:41 PM
I dunno about that shit, Mish. The drug trade in Chi is very much an equal opportunity operation. There are White, Black, & Mexican corpses all over town. You try to muscle in on turf, you die.

Sounds like Hurd was real green and somebody just dimed him.

He was doing goofy shit like leaving bags of money in a car and then coming back to claim it.

He started fast, but he didn't last.

Oh I thought you were referring to the old mobster credo of 'we don't touch drugs' and was just kind of joking around.
Yeah, the street stuff is territorial but the product at that high of a volume isn't usually a consistent stream and it's a bit different situation. It's not always obvious who's dropping the big stuff... hookups come and go, guys are always window shopping for a safer connect with less robbery/police risk. Most of the street gangs are the end-dealers, they're the ones out there killing; they don't want you making money with *their* fiends. They want the best stuff for the lowest price ... that's where Hurd was trying to come in-- he wanted to sell 2-packs to all the guys who flex their muscle around town. He really was trying to be a Tony Montana. Only way Hurd was getting shot was for the money he was bringing to buy 10 bricks from a bogus supplier (setups are huge in Atlanta).

mission
12-15-2011, 09:42 PM
I can't see you, so you obviously cannot see me!

I don't actually even exist. Fake internet persona.

KYPack
12-15-2011, 09:53 PM
Oh I thought you were referring to the old mobster credo of 'we don't touch drugs' and was just kind of joking around.
Yeah, the street stuff is territorial but the product at that high of a volume isn't usually a consistent stream and it's a bit different situation. It's not always obvious who's dropping the big stuff... hookups come and go, guys are always window shopping for a safer connect with less robbery/police risk. Most of the street gangs are the end-dealers, they're the ones out there killing; they don't want you making money with *their* fiends. They want the best stuff for the lowest price ... that's where Hurd was trying to come in-- he wanted to sell 2-packs to all the guys who flex their muscle around town. He really was trying to be a Tony Montana. Only way Hurd was getting shot was for the money he was bringing to buy 10 bricks from a bogus supplier (setups are huge in Atlanta).

Suffice it to say, Hurd didn't have a clue.

Man, this story is spiraling outta control. There's info out there that Hurd sold to "double digit" NFL players. The lights are burning late in the NFL's offices & they ain't watching the Bolts/Jags game

George Cumby
12-15-2011, 10:31 PM
Here's the complaint (i.e.: charging document), it's worth taking the time to read:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/75786026/Hurd-Complaint

Hurd's a fucking idiot. He spoke to the cops and kept doing what he was doing.

He was also trying to go BIG. As in moving a half ton of weed a week.

mission
12-16-2011, 06:20 AM

Exactly. I don't know if you read how all this crackdown started but it went like this.

- Hurd negotiates purchase for 4 k's of blow
- Hurd sends lower level guy named TL to pick up blow with $88k in cash
- TL gets pulled over and searched, cash confiscated
- TL tells authorities it's Hurd's money and car (not a rental)
- Hurd doesn't think anything of it
- Voluntarily meets with feds to try and get his money back
- Subjects himself to questioning
- Shows ATM withdrawals and the like that don't match up to 88k
- Meets with same informant who set him up for the traffic stop
- Wants even MORE drugs
- Gets caught again

I mean, come on... really? You aren't suspicious after the first traffic stop? You've never bought anything from this informant, you have no track record and you're 0-fer-1 in transactions. Most big time dope boys started out in the streets and learned their way around this type of thing. Seems like Hurd just wanted to use his NFL cash to invest in a lifestyle he thought was really exciting. Interesting story but I doubt how *big* he really was. Maybe for awhile, maybe he gave players a few 8-balls so they could invite strippers over or something but I think it will come out that he tried to go too big, too fast and was in way over his head.

Guiness
12-16-2011, 07:25 AM
Exactly. I don't know if you read how all this crackdown started but it went like this.

- Wants even MORE drugs
- Gets caught again

I mean, come on... really? You aren't suspicious after the first traffic stop? You've never bought anything from this informant, you have no track record and you're 0-fer-1 in transactions. Most big time dope boys started out in the streets and learned their way around this type of thing. Seems like Hurd just wanted to use his NFL cash to invest in a lifestyle he thought was really exciting. Interesting story but I doubt how *big* he really was. Maybe for awhile, maybe he gave players a few 8-balls so they could invite strippers over or something but I think it will come out that he tried to go too big, too fast and was in way over his head.

lol, maybe TL was speeding? Um, I doubt it...

thanks for the writeup mission

mission
12-16-2011, 08:45 AM
lol, maybe TL was speeding? Um, I doubt it...

thanks for the writeup mission

That had to be what Hurd was thinking... no other explanation. Pretty naive. "Oh, this is a clean car, I don't smell weed, you aren't drinking-- yeah, we're going to need to search your car". Don't know about most of you, but that's not how my traffic stops go (it's been awhile). :lol:

MadtownPacker
12-16-2011, 09:44 AM
The worst part is the $450 lbs of weed. Whos gonna want to smoke that shit?

gbgary
12-16-2011, 10:01 AM
The worst part is the $450 lbs of weed. Whos gonna want to smoke that shit?

so that's the cheap stuff? what does the good shit cost?

Kiwon
12-16-2011, 10:06 AM
Cheech and Chong's 'Sargent Stadanko' says, "Only Dopes Use Dope"

pbmax
12-16-2011, 11:10 AM

- Wants even MORE drugs
- Gets caught again

That entire sequence makes me think he knows something about selling, but isn't close to being a big player. The whole thing reads like a comedy.

Just a wanna-be or just lucky he wasn't caught earlier?

mission
12-16-2011, 11:42 AM

The very best that you can't even buy at high volume because it yields so much less---- ehhhh ... $5500 for top shelf kush. $4500 for some purp, $3500 for "kind". The kind he's buying goes (shwag or dirt weed) for about $800 if bought in single pounds. Originates from Mad's homeland or someone's backyard and has about 30% non smokable content not to mention the THC levels are way less (gives you headaches etc).

Should note that prices are less in medical marijuana states. My brother has a legal card in Denver (had his arm basically cut in half) and pays about half of what I would pay in Atlanta because of black market. I don't even smoke cigs anymore but I keep a little stash and partake a few times a week with the kids in bed... kush only. :tup:

mission
12-16-2011, 11:43 AM
Just a wanna-be or just lucky he wasn't caught earlier?

I'd say both.

MadtownPacker
12-16-2011, 11:51 AM

The very best that you can't even buy at high volume because it yields so much less---- ehhhh ... $5500 for top shelf kush. $4500 for some purp, $3500 for "kind". The kind he's buying goes (shwag or dirt weed) for about $800 if bought in single pounds. Originates from Mad's homeland or someone's backyard and has about 30% non smokable content not to mention the THC levels are way less (gives you headaches etc).
Sounds like Chicago and Georgia are more expensive but otherwise the numbers are about right.

Fuck what if GBGary is fiveO? :lol:

gbgary
12-16-2011, 11:53 AM

Should note that prices are less in medical marijuana states. My brother has a legal card in Denver (had his arm basically cut in half) and pays about half of what I would pay in Atlanta because of black market. I don't even smoke cigs anymore but I keep a little stash and partake a few times a week with the kids in bed... kush only. :tup:

omg :shock:

gbgary
12-16-2011, 11:54 AM
Sounds like Chicago and Georgia are more expensive but otherwise the numbers are about right.

Fuck what if GBGary is fiveO? :lol:

:)...not even.

edit: i'll be 58 in march. :lol:

mraynrand
12-16-2011, 01:09 PM

Man, this story is spiraling outta control. There's info out there that Hurd sold to "double digit" NFL players.

Hey, Wha Happened to 'Ole Cleedeeus' promised shipment?

http://i453.photobucket.com/albums/qq254/mraynrand/CleedeeusViking.jpg

Guiness
12-16-2011, 01:23 PM
lol, this story must be trending pretty high! When I saw the quote for $450 Seemed to me like that was about 10% of the street cost for BC Bud. I decided to try google, I typed in "price for a p" and it autocompleted to "price for a pound of weed"!