PDA

View Full Version : Bring on the Bears

vince
12-18-2011, 06:05 PM
1. That was a good slap in the face.
2. Guys should be getting healthy and ready for the playoffs.
3. Packers can clinch homefield throughout the playoffs with a Steeler win tomorrow night.
4. It's Bear week in Lambeau. Just what the doctor ordered.

George Cumby
12-18-2011, 06:22 PM
1. That was a good slap in the face.
2. Guys should be getting healthy and ready for the playoffs.
3. Packers can clinch homefield throughout the playoffs with a Steeler win tomorrow night.
4. It's Bear week in Lambeau. Just what the doctor ordered.

Right on.

I didn't see much of the game. Is there anything to REALLY be concerned about, or were we just due?

Bossman641
12-18-2011, 06:36 PM
Injuries..and guys running open in the secondary. We really need clifton and bulaga to get healthy so we can have at least one serviceable backup tackle. Sucks about sherrod cause I thought he was looking decent today.

vince
12-18-2011, 06:44 PM
I agree with Boss. The offensive line is a concern. If Bulaga can't get healthy, they're too thin and pressure on Rodgers is the biggest threat to this team. More so than the sieve-like defense that's been porous all year.

George Cumby
12-18-2011, 06:47 PM
Thanks, guys.

Deputy Nutz
12-18-2011, 06:55 PM
I don't know how you can put Rodgers out there with Newhouse and Lang as your tackles with EDS playing left guard. The Bears can get after the passer and if the Packers have any hope for the Super Bowl they can't have Rodgers limping off the field.

gbgary
12-18-2011, 07:59 PM
what happened to urlacher today??

mmmdk
12-19-2011, 06:45 AM
This game just got bigger; Packers seeking redemption from Chiefs debacle versus the Bears....and the Bears will always come to play at Lambeau. I'm really looking forward to this SNF game as it will be the tell tale of what kind of team Packers really are in the 2011-12 season.

MJZiggy
12-19-2011, 06:47 AM
Bring back Tauscher.

mmmdk
12-19-2011, 06:53 AM
Bring back Tauscher.

Well, if he can play 'cos Packers O-line is in trouble. I doubt that Tausch can play though but I did catch the invisible :wink: :lol:

pittstang5
12-19-2011, 07:31 AM
Yesterday had "Trap" game written all over it. Such a dissapointment. Going undefeated would have been nice, but to lose to the Chiefs...Wow, didn't see that.

I hope this game was a wake up call for everyone- Coaching staff, players and even the front office. I hope they outright dominate the Bears next week. I hope the players are mad...mad as hell that they let a 5 and 8 team, a team that really is not very good, literally stomp a mud hole in them and then walk it dry. I want to see pure domination for four quarters next week.

Somebody needs to light a fire under everyone's ass and get this team back in high gear.

Oh - and Fire Slocum!

sheepshead
12-19-2011, 08:01 AM
I think the Bears game becomes a 'statement' game for a lot of reasons. They are limping into Lambeau. While they always give us a tough game, trouncing the marshmallows of the midway would go a long way for the mental aspect of this team. We didnt get beat so much yesterday as we let one go, most of what I saw was between the ears. Im not ready to get down on M3 yet, but he needs to have his team ready to play and they werent yesterday. So lets bury our division rivals the next 2 weeks and carry that momentum into the playoffs.

denverYooper
12-19-2011, 08:39 AM
Yesterday had "Trap" game written all over it. Such a dissapointment. Going undefeated would have been nice, but to lose to the Chiefs...Wow, didn't see that.

I hope this game was a wake up call for everyone- Coaching staff, players and even the front office. I hope they outright dominate the Bears next week. I hope the players are mad...mad as hell that they let a 5 and 8 team, a team that really is not very good, literally stomp a mud hole in them and then walk it dry. I want to see pure domination for four quarters next week.

Somebody needs to light a fire under everyone's ass and get this team back in high gear.

Oh - and Fire Slocum!

KC has been wildly inconsistent but they aren't creampuffs. They gave Pittsburgh a hell of a time. Lots of talent on that D.

Joemailman
12-19-2011, 08:41 AM
KC has been wildly inconsistent but they aren't creampuffs. They gave Pittsburgh a hell of a time. Lots of talent on that D.

Yep. They would have beaten Pittsburgh if they had had Orton at QB instead of the legendary Tyler Palko.

pbmax
12-19-2011, 09:29 AM
They don't need to make a statement. They need to play better and a win would be a nice side effect.

Smidgeon
12-19-2011, 10:16 AM
They don't need to make a statement. They need to play better and a win would be a nice side effect.

And the defense needs to stop the bleeding...

smuggler
12-19-2011, 10:31 AM
I didn't see much of the game. Is there anything to REALLY be concerned about, or were we just due?

I know your question has been addressed, but here's my take:

1.) We can't generate any pressure whatsoever. If not for the wind yesterday, Orton and the Chiefs receivers would have shredded us and the score would have been embarassing.
2.) We can't pass protect. This is mostly due to injuries, but it's worth noting. The Chiefs were able to get pressure with 3 down linemen, and even with 2 down linemen on at least one occasion.
3.) The offensive playcalling was incredibly poor. This is a trend that I don't expect to change unless we change playcallers. (Therefore it won't ever change while McCarthy is coach)

Pugger
12-19-2011, 10:41 AM

1.) We can't generate any pressure whatsoever. If not for the wind yesterday, Orton and the Chiefs receivers would have shredded us and the score would have been embarassing.
2.) We can't pass protect. This is mostly due to injuries, but it's worth noting. The Chiefs were able to get pressure with 3 down linemen, and even with 2 down linemen on at least one occasion.
3.) The offensive playcalling was incredibly poor. This is a trend that I don't expect to change unless we change playcallers. (Therefore it won't ever change while McCarthy is coach)

I didn't have a problem with MM's playcalling. Why is it that folks only question a playcaller when the plays called don't work? The only head scratcher I had was the wild cat play with Cobb taking the snap. If our guys would have caught some passes on 3rd down and blocked better MM's playcalling wouldn't be called into question. Yesterday's offensive problems were because of lousy execution and not scheme.

denverYooper
12-19-2011, 11:05 AM
I didn't have a problem with MM's playcalling. Why is it that folks only question a playcaller when the plays called don't work? The only head scratcher I had was the wild cat play with Cobb taking the snap. If our guys would have caught some passes on 3rd down and blocked better MM's playcalling wouldn't be called into question. Yesterday's offensive problems were because of lousy execution and not scheme.

I thought they did that to send a message to Rodgers that he needed to settle his ass down. I didn't think it had anything to do with trying to get cute. They did that and handed off to Grant twice on that drive.

Joemailman
12-19-2011, 02:43 PM
Anyone heard any news on Bulaga? I would assume he would have had an MRI today. I think the Packers handle the Bears if he can play. If they have to move Lang to RT and EDS to LG, all bets are off.

Upnorth
12-19-2011, 02:54 PM
My biggest concern for the season is Buluga and Clifton, my biggest concern for the week is Newhouse vrs peppers. Newhouse has taken a step back the last two games.

denverYooper
12-19-2011, 02:56 PM
Anyone heard any news on Bulaga? I would assume he would have had an MRI today. I think the Packers handle the Bears if he can play. If they have to move Lang to RT and EDS to LG, all bets are off.

M3 PC starting in a few...

denverYooper
12-19-2011, 03:10 PM
Bulaga has a "kneecap sprain" and "will be challenged to play this week".

Sherrod had successful surgery last night.

Joemailman
12-19-2011, 03:12 PM
Clifton will go through individual drills Wednesday.

denverYooper
12-19-2011, 03:29 PM
Sounds like they're planning on Lang at RT on Sunday unless Bulaga tests out ok.

denverYooper
12-19-2011, 03:30 PM
Clifton will go through individual drills Wednesday.

Yeah. He sure didn't sound very pawsitive about Cliffy for this week though.

But boy, would that be nice to get our dancing bear back.

denverYooper
12-19-2011, 03:51 PM
Did anyone catch this article on Forte last week (http://espn.go.com/chicago/conversations/_/id/7363755/to-return-chicago-bears-matt-forte-knee-aiming-100-percent)?

Sounds to me like the choice not to pay him could very well cost the Bears a playoff shot this year.

"A lot of people were speculating about Christmas Day [against the Packers] and things like that," Forte said. "But my mindset is, realistically, playoffs would be the only thing that I would really have my mind set on."

Forte says he would consider coming back if he's not 100 percent, but those close to him obviously want him to be careful, especially given his uncertain contract status.

"You got to make that decision personally," Forte said of not returning unless he's 100 percent. "My mindset is kind of set on that. I'm not going to really go out there and play unless I'm 100 percent and I can run straight ahead and sprint and make cuts, because as a running back you have to make people miss. You can't just take on hits and get pounded on. You'll have more injuries to rehab."

Translation: "Well, it's too bad they didn't pay me this year because now I really have to think hard about my meal ticket (my legs)." Think his approach might be different if they worked something out?

MJZiggy
12-19-2011, 05:20 PM

If not for the wind yesterday, our guys would have had a better performance as well. We've had issues with pass protection before that Rodgers dealt with by scrambling and quick release. He was just off. And I don't agree about the playcalling. There were a couple WTF moments, but overall, it was execution more than playcalling at issue.

Harlan Huckleby
12-19-2011, 06:18 PM
Did anyone catch [URL="http://espn.go.com/chicago/conversations/_/id/7363755/to-return-chicago-bears-matt-forte-knee-aiming-100-percent"]Translation: "Well, it's too bad they didn't pay me this year because now I really have to think hard about my meal ticket (my legs)." Think his approach might be different if they worked something out?I don't blame forte one bit. He is 100% effort player who is half their offense, and the Bears are hardballing him.
No way should he come back with knee that is not fully healed.

George Cumby
12-19-2011, 06:27 PM
I don't blame forte one bit. He is 100% effort player who is half their offense, and the Bears are hardballing him.
No way should he come back with knee that is not fully healed.

No doubt. This is his last chance to make the big-bucks, he's the one reliable weapon on offense and they won't pay him. Weird.

mission
12-19-2011, 06:49 PM
No doubt. This is his last chance to make the big-bucks, he's the one reliable weapon on offense and they won't pay him. Weird.

Very weird. It's the anti Packer approach. He must want long term money which never seems to be good value for the team signing him.