PDA

View Full Version : OFFENSE WINS GAMES DEFENSE WIN CHAMPIONSHIP

Bretsky
12-18-2011, 07:17 PM
Fact or Fallacy ?

And how does that apply to this team ?

I didn't see the Chiefs loss coming but was painfully evident is we couldn't get a stop to a pathetic offense when we needed to. That Chief OL is not that good but our DL was worse. I know it was a road game but I didn't see that coming

I already was afraid and though this team was very vulunerable to a team with a real offense and average defense...such as the Giants or Saints...or the Patriots and Steelers,

I'd say today I am more afraid.

gbgary
12-18-2011, 07:21 PM
terrible game today...on BOTH sides of the ball AND from the sidelines. other than cobb, grant, and masthay, the Packers SUCKED!

for our team it all hangs on the O.

pbmax
12-18-2011, 07:22 PM
Fallacy. Go look up the ranks of the last 10 Super Bowl winners. All better offense than D. Differential is the key.

Deputy Nutz
12-18-2011, 07:27 PM
No turnovers on defense, and the offense fell apart. Rodgers worst game this season, accuracy wasn't there. Offensive line was make shift crummy.

Deputy Nutz
12-18-2011, 07:27 PM
Defense really did well in the redzone.

gbgary
12-18-2011, 07:30 PM
No turnovers on defense, and the offense fell apart. Rodgers worst game this season, accuracy wasn't there. Offensive line was make shift crummy.

wrs couldn't get open. rodgers had time on most plays. very disappointed in the O today.

Defense really did well in the redzone.

yes it did but it failed otherwise. they held the ball a lot more than the Packers did. didn't give up many points though.

George Cumby
12-18-2011, 07:34 PM
Question:

Had some of the drops been catches, would the complexion of the game changed? I.e.: how significant were the drops?

pbmax
12-18-2011, 07:35 PM
Question:

Had some of the drops been catches, would the complexion of the game changed? I.e.: how significant were the drops?

Would have been two more tries at FGs depending on which catches you are talking about.

Pugger
12-18-2011, 07:45 PM
Would have been two more tries at FGs depending on which catches you are talking about.

Question:

I think so. Those drops were drive killers. So instead we go 3 and out and we never get any rhythm going at all. I know a lot of folks are bitching about the defense but we were only down 6-0 at the half. Had our offense been mediocre I think we win this game.

George Cumby
12-18-2011, 07:48 PM
Thanks PB, Pugger.

So at least a couple of drive killing drops which cost the Pack points.

Hmmmmn.

Bretsky
12-18-2011, 07:49 PM
Question:

IMO that first drop by Driver...when the tone of the game was still getting set........was HUGE

George Cumby
12-18-2011, 07:51 PM
So WTF is with the lack of focus?

MadtownPacker
12-18-2011, 09:34 PM
I think so. Those drops were drive killers. So instead we go 3 and out and we never get any rhythm going at all. I know a lot of folks are bitching about the defense but we were only down 6-0 at the half. Had our offense been mediocre I think we win this game.
This sums it up perfectly. Anyone saying the D allowed long drives has to point to the offense doing nothing and making the defense play most of the game. Giving up 19 is a blowout win any other day.

Packers4Glory
12-18-2011, 09:56 PM
Im more scared but in a way i feel they needed a reality check. No more endefeated talk. They can now rest some guys who are banged up. This loss can be a big motivator because it was embarassing as hell.

The O-line needs to get healthy for january.

denverYooper
12-18-2011, 10:00 PM
Texans elite D got smoked today.
Ravens elite D is getting smoked.
Chicago's good D got worked.
Jets D got strafed.

Bretsky
12-18-2011, 10:02 PM
we need to cheer for a Steeler win tomorrow night; then I think we have HFA

Then we do our best to get players healthy

King Friday
12-18-2011, 10:11 PM
I think we all knew a dud game from the offense was going to happen eventually...it always does over the course of a season. I'm glad they got it out of the way now rather than in January. Learn from it...hit the film and find some ways to tweak this offense now. It has become too dependent on deep passes IMO. We need to jump start some kind of attack off a 3 step drop...hell, do a couple WR screens to Cobb once in awhile. It just seems our pass plays are all long developing at this point...and we need to work on some quick hitters now that our OL has become a MASH unit.

Upnorth
12-18-2011, 10:41 PM
I like our d more after today, they showed they could try to win with a poor o. My concern is the oline, or er as it appears. Right now we need to get healthy there.

denverYooper
12-18-2011, 10:45 PM
I like our d more after today, they showed they could try to win with a poor o. My concern is the oline, or er as it appears. Right now we need to get healthy there.

Looked like one of last year's games a la Miami or Washington...

pbmax
12-18-2011, 10:45 PM
So WTF is with the lack of focus?

The wind is the easiest explanation, but why it affected the packers more than the Chiefs is anyone's guess.

HarveyWallbangers
12-18-2011, 11:40 PM
Well, one thing is clear. We aren't invincible, but I never thought we were. It happens. A week after beating Oakland 46-16 we lose to Kansas City. But New Orleans lost to Tampa Bay and St. Louis, New England lost to Buffalo, San Fran lost to Arizona, Baltimore lost to Jacksonville and Seattle. Pittsburgh hasn't lost to any bad teams but the only real good victory on their resume is against New England. They've had a very easy schedule. They played the two worst divisions in football (AFC South and NFC West) and lost to the one other really good team in their own division (Baltimore) twice.

Smidgeon
12-19-2011, 12:58 AM
The wind is the easiest explanation, but why it affected the packers more than the Chiefs is anyone's guess.

I miss Jimmy Robinson.

Tarlam!
12-19-2011, 01:01 AM
we need to cheer for a Steeler win tomorrow night; then I think we have HFA
Then we do our best to get players healthy

I think you're correct, but I don't want to take the foot off the gas. Remember the 14-2 Colts.

I had a bad feeling going into this game, I even wrote you a whammy warning, B. I think the player are guilty of looking past this last game and not really taking it as seriously. They believed their own press. It took the Patsies 18 games for that to happen.

LEWCWA
12-19-2011, 05:56 AM

?? really. This D couldn't stop a poor Offense the whole game. They got smacked around all day. Just because they were conservative inside the 5 and kept us in the game means very little. Had they opened up some inside the 5 we are more than likely looking at a KC blowout....The D was awful yesterday. Had they gotten a stop to get Rodgers the ball for one last shot I would have given them a passing grade.

Iron Mike
12-19-2011, 06:05 AM
Fire Campen.

mmmdk
12-19-2011, 06:31 AM
Looked like one of last year's games a la Miami or Washington...

Spot on! I know we were 13-0 but this loss is not the kind of football you want to play in december, january and ultimately in february.

Joemailman
12-19-2011, 08:39 AM
Spot on! I know we were 13-0 but this loss is not the kind of football you want to play in december, january and ultimately in february.

True, but this game was no worse than the loss at Detroit last December 12. They can turn this around. Having Bulaga back would help.

Pugger
12-19-2011, 10:54 AM
?? really. This D couldn't stop a poor Offense the whole game. They got smacked around all day. Just because they were conservative inside the 5 and kept us in the game means very little. Had they opened up some inside the 5 we are more than likely looking at a KC blowout....The D was awful yesterday. Had they gotten a stop to get Rodgers the ball for one last shot I would have given them a passing grade.

Its been a while since the D only gave up 19 points. Yesterday our D has played the same as they had all year - yielded a lot of yards but not a lot of points. The only change was we didn't get a TO and because of the lopsided time of possession the guys ran out of gas in the end. In any other game 19 points would be surpassed by our offense without breaking out a sweat.

channtheman
12-19-2011, 12:01 PM
Im more scared but in a way i feel they needed a reality check. No more endefeated talk. They can now rest some guys who are banged up. This loss can be a big motivator because it was embarassing as hell.

I agree. This loss is very good for this team. Finley is more focused on Tebow than on the game at hand (and I think he might just be echoing the sentiments of the other players in the locker room), and it showed with a lack of focus by the WR's mainly. Rodgers was on target early, but the drops killed any sort of rhythm. Add about 6 completions and that probably also means 4 less passes are thrown and Rodgers is all of a sudden 21 of 31 and we probably win. I would rather go 18-1 and lose to the Chiefs in the regular season than do the Patriots version of 18-1.

swede
12-19-2011, 12:13 PM

I'm with you. This team, like any other, has a shot at the Superb Owl.

But in no freaking way was this team among the pantheon of best ever. 19-0 would have been a testament to pluck and luck, not GOAT. Rodgers had one of the best 11 game runs ever. Great. Other than that this is a team with a great passing game and a torn up offensive line and an ordinary running game and an ordinary defense with a penchant for the pick.

pbmax
12-19-2011, 01:26 PM
I agree. This loss is very good for this team. Finley is more focused on Tebow than on the game at hand (and I think he might just be echoing the sentiments of the other players in the locker room), and it showed with a lack of focus by the WR's mainly. Rodgers was on target early, but the drops killed any sort of rhythm. Add about 6 completions and that probably also means 4 less passes are thrown and Rodgers is all of a sudden 21 of 31 and we probably win. I would rather go 18-1 and lose to the Chiefs in the regular season than do the Patriots version of 18-1.

C'mon now. Do you really think the receiving corp spent the week on messages boards and crafting public statements about Tebow rather than practice and on film? He was answering a question that everyone has been asking. If the topic of the week is enough to distract the receivers, how have they managed prior to this?

Just because something happens first, it doesn't mean it caused the next event. I think there is a phrase for that ....

mmmdk
12-19-2011, 01:32 PM
True, but this game was no worse than the loss at Detroit last December 12. They can turn this around. Having Bulaga back would help.

Good point!

MJZiggy
12-19-2011, 05:30 PM
Offense wins games Defense wins championships

I thought winning games won championships. :?:

Upnorth
12-19-2011, 06:08 PM
I'm with you. This team, like any other, has a shot at the Superb Owl.

But in no freaking way was this team among the pantheon of best ever. 19-0 would have been a testament to pluck and luck, not GOAT. Rodgers had one of the best 11 game runs ever. Great. Other than that this is a team with a great passing game and a torn up offensive line and an ordinary running game and an ordinary defense with a penchant for the pick.

Where do you find a superb owl? What is their plummage like? What do you feed them?

Seriously, if this team wins the SB this year, there will be legitimate talk about one of the goat's, but there is no way it is the GOAT.

bobblehead
12-19-2011, 07:29 PM
Fallacy. Go look up the ranks of the last 10 Super Bowl winners. All better offense than D. Differential is the key.

How many games did we win last year with our defense making the final stop? At least one comes to mind.

mraynrand
12-19-2011, 07:31 PM
How many games did we win last year with our defense making the final stop? At least one comes to mind.

three times in four playoff games

Iron Mike
12-19-2011, 07:32 PM
http://s3-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web05/2011/2/7/19/superb-owl-champions-9048-1297126131-14.jpg

mraynrand
12-19-2011, 07:32 PM
I thought winning games won championships. :?:

:lol:

ThunderDan
12-19-2011, 07:38 PM
http://s3-ak.buzzfed.com/static/imagebuzz/web05/2011/2/7/19/superb-owl-champions-9048-1297126131-14.jpg

I nominate this for post of the year!!!

George Cumby
12-19-2011, 07:40 PM
I nominate this for post of the year!!!

Second.

mmmdk
12-19-2011, 07:52 PM
What's "Superb Owl Champions"? :lol: