PDA

View Full Version : The next 2 weeks

Bossman641
12-19-2011, 11:17 AM
A lot is still up in the air, but I'm wondering how others want the Packers to play the next 2 weeks.

Assuming Pitt beats SF tonight and the Packers wrap up homefield, I’m not sure I would even play Rodgers this weekend. I know it’s a rivalry game and you want to get the loss out of your mouth, but if both Bulaga (unknown currently) and Clifton (probably out given his setbacks) are unavailable, no way do I want to see Rodgers behind a line with Lang at tackle and EDG at guard. If either of them are available the following week against Detroit, I’d use the first half to get the offense some work.

In a way, the fact that the Packers lost yesterday is almost a relief. I’d hate to see MM play Rodgers behind that garbage line and risk injury over the pressure to go 16-0.

We really need SF to lose tonight. If they don’t, all bets are off on the above scenario.

denverYooper
12-19-2011, 11:27 AM
First, SF plays 2 before GB plays Chicago and I think there's a good chance that SF loses 2 in a row and drops to #3 seed. At the very least, they'll get beat on pretty good. Seattle is no one's bitch right now and the game is on their turf.

I think Green Bay needs to get some work in with as much of their O in Lambeau, in the conditions, as possible in order to really work make HFA a big advantage. Some of that will have to be in games. I have to think they'll roll out their offense to start the next 2 no matter what and then rest guys depending on what's going on.

King Friday
12-19-2011, 11:50 AM
I think you play Rodgers sparingly if its behind a patchwork OL. Give him a couple series, and if he's looking good then get him the hell out of there. Flynn could use the work anyway. If Clifton and Bulaga are OK to go against Detroit, then I'd be fine letting them play 4 quarters to get get used to the conditions.

pittstang5
12-19-2011, 12:03 PM
First, SF plays 2 before GB plays Chicago and I think there's a good chance that SF loses 2 in a row and drops to #3 seed. At the very least, they'll get beat on pretty good. Seattle is no one's bitch right now and the game is on their turf.

I think Green Bay needs to get some work in with as much of their O in Lambeau, in the conditions, as possible in order to really work make HFA a big advantage. Some of that will have to be in games. I have to think they'll roll out their offense to start the next 2 no matter what and then rest guys depending on what's going on.

IMO, I want SF as the number 2 seed. If they (SF) have to play in New Orleans, they are toast. Playing in SF, SF has a chance to beat NO. Either way, I don't want the Saints coming to Lambeau again.

Harlan Huckleby
12-19-2011, 12:14 PM
Admit it: the packers losing yesterday has made the season a lot more interesting, and even more fun. We got a little drama now, a challenge.

George Cumby
12-19-2011, 12:16 PM
Admit it: the packers losing yesterday has made the season a lot more interesting, and even more fun. We got a little drama now, a challenge.

Indeed.

If recent history is a guide, this team tends to rise to a challenge.

pittstang5
12-19-2011, 12:18 PM

I'll admit one thing, I'm wanting Sunday against the Bears to get here sooner to see if yesterday was a fluke.

SkinBasket
12-19-2011, 12:23 PM
I'm so depressed I'm not going to watch the next two games. I refuse to watch anything other than perfection. Whether it be a perfect season, a perfect super bowl win, or Rodgers throwing the ball perfectly. Because when he doesn't, I'm going to get very angry and write about how he cost this team their chance at a perfect season with his selfish inaccuracy.

mraynrand
12-19-2011, 12:25 PM
I'm so depressed I'm not going to watch the next two games. I refuse to watch anything other than perfection. Whether it be a perfect season, a perfect super bowl win, or Rodgers throwing the ball perfectly. Because when he doesn't, I'm going to get very angry and write about how he cost this team their chance at a perfect season with his selfish inaccuracy.

This post was imperfect. You should be banned. And not read.

Upnorth
12-19-2011, 12:58 PM
I don't mind seeing NO come to Lambeau again, we beat them before and they won't have a dome. I just hope our elite o shows up for the next 5 games.

I am still very impressed with our red zone d, wow.

mmmdk
12-19-2011, 01:02 PM
I'll admit one thing, I'm wanting Sunday against the Bears to get here sooner to see if yesterday was a fluke.

Spot on; that's the real Q!

sharpe1027
12-19-2011, 01:03 PM
This post was imperfect. You should be banned. And not read.

You criticism was perfect. You just barely met the minimum requirements. You will be allowed to post further, for now.

pbmax
12-19-2011, 01:14 PM

You forgot to blame the coach for all the above. Bad coaches have flat teams that lose. Good coaches never have flat teams and never lose.

Emotion is the key, especially the kind you can see on television. Just ask Mike Singletary.

sharpe1027
12-19-2011, 02:01 PM
You forgot to blame the coach for all the above. Bad coaches have flat teams that lose. Good coaches never have flat teams and never lose.

Emotion is the key, especially the kind you can see on television. Just ask Mike Singletary.

Or Jim Schwartz.

swede
12-19-2011, 02:07 PM
I don't think Mike McCarthy has the "IT" factor needed to be successful deep into the playoffs.

denverYooper
12-19-2011, 02:14 PM

Totally agree. The discussion has gotten much better, too.

denverYooper
12-19-2011, 02:17 PM

He gets extra points if he tweeted Newhouse to tell him how bad he was yesterday, though.

denverYooper
12-19-2011, 02:20 PM
IMO, I want SF as the number 2 seed. If they (SF) have to play in New Orleans, they are toast. Playing in SF, SF has a chance to beat NO. Either way, I don't want the Saints coming to Lambeau again.

As do I. SF is facing a pretty tough week though. They'll be doing well if they split. If they win both, they are suddenly looking like a much better team to me than I have been ready to give them credit for.

Joemailman
12-19-2011, 02:32 PM
Dumbest Poll Of The Year Award goes to...

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/135831658.html

George Cumby
12-19-2011, 02:35 PM
Dumbest Poll Of The Year Award goes to...

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/135831658.html

Who are the fucking retards who voted "Yes"?

SkinBasket
12-19-2011, 02:41 PM

I would wager it's the under 27, Madden Football crowd. And Brandon.

Joemailman
12-19-2011, 02:51 PM

Bear and Viking fans?

pbmax
12-19-2011, 03:12 PM
He gets extra points if he tweeted Newhouse to tell him how bad he was yesterday, though.

Did you catch how Wilde was offended that people Tweet stuff like that to players and then later he is indignant that the inbound plane for his airline will not be headed back to MKE, making his delay longer?

When another account AND Frontier both tell him the obvious, that the air crew has reached their maximum number of hours in flight for the day, he pretends that he understood all along, he just wanted an explanation for the "fans" around him that were waiting?

Sometimes he is an asshat.

denverYooper
12-19-2011, 03:36 PM
Did you catch how Wilde was offended that people Tweet stuff like that to players and then later he is indignant that the inbound plane for his airline will not be headed back to MKE, making his delay longer?

When another account AND Frontier both tell him the obvious, that the air crew has reached their maximum number of hours in flight for the day, he pretends that he understood all along, he just wanted an explanation for the "fans" around him that were waiting?

Sometimes he is an asshat.

Yep.