PDA

View Full Version : SF loss clinches home field, but...

mission
12-19-2011, 06:46 PM
... it also makes them less likely to host the Saints in the playoffs where I think they could knock them off. I know we'll win this Sunday and I don't want the Saints to slither into the second seed. Am I right with the playoff scenario here? I don't want the Saints in any way; call me a Sally.

Everyone seems to be talking about rooting for the Steelers... Correct me so I know who to cheer for. I have correlated bets on both for some fun so that can't be the tiebreaker.

Bretsky
12-19-2011, 07:15 PM
You are spot on

We're actually much better off if San Fran wins, GB wins next week. And SF wins the next two and then gets NO at home

George Cumby
12-19-2011, 07:24 PM
Current seeding:

1 Green Bay

2 New Orleans

3 San Francisco

4 Dallas

5 Atlanta

6 Detroit

CaliforniaCheez
12-19-2011, 07:25 PM
You want the 49'ers to win. Give the Saints at least one outdoor away game.

A 2nd one would really do in the Saints.

George Cumby
12-19-2011, 07:32 PM
Niners it is.

mmmdk
12-19-2011, 07:40 PM
Lights are out on MNF in San Fran or is it a "brown out"? You need help, California? :lol:

George Cumby
12-19-2011, 07:41 PM
Lights are out on MNF in San Fran or is it a "brown out"? You need help, California? :lol:

Got juice here in the mountains. 100 miles East

mmmdk
12-19-2011, 07:48 PM
Got juice here in the mountains. 100 miles East

Cool, so can you help 'em out? :wink:

George Cumby
12-19-2011, 07:50 PM
blown transformer according to pft

denverYooper
12-19-2011, 07:51 PM
You want the 49'ers to win. Give the Saints at least one outdoor away game.

A 2nd one would really do in the Saints.

Or the first one would just give them a warmup for the second. If they don't play outside until Lambeau, it'll hurt more.

mmmdk
12-19-2011, 07:55 PM
blown transformer according to pft

Ok, thanks, game on soon! I'll be on til half time then it's bed time for me! Go Whiners!

hoosier
12-19-2011, 07:55 PM
I am not so sure about a couple of things most people in this thread are taking for granted. First, if the Packers don't have two competent tackles next Sunday, I am not so sure they walk over the Bears. If the last two games are not sure fire wins for the Packers, I think you have to root for SF to lose. Second, I am not sure that NO is going to be a significantly greater threat outdoors in January than San Fran. They might even be less of a threat, especially if they are coming off a game played in the comfort of their dome.

denverYooper
12-19-2011, 08:03 PM
I am not so sure about a couple of things most people in this thread are taking for granted. First, if the Packers don't have two competent tackles next Sunday, I am not so sure they walk over the Bears. If the last two games are not sure fire wins for the Packers, I think you have to root for SF to lose. Second, I am not sure that NO is going to be a significantly greater threat outdoors in January than San Fran. They might even be less of a threat, especially if they are coming off a game played in the comfort of their dome.

Given the state of the line right now, I'm for Green Bay having the choice to rest and/or pull injured guys as needed.

pittstang5
12-19-2011, 08:27 PM
You are spot on

We're actually much better off if San Fran wins, GB wins next week. And SF wins the next two and then gets NO at home

In that scenario, I'm guessing that the 49ers have the tiebreaker. NO isn't going to lose anymore games in the reg season. They play Atlanta and Carolina at home in the superdome. Both wins imo.

Bretsky
12-19-2011, 08:31 PM

I was at the first Packer Saints game
NO could have easily won that game; I think they had a turnover that saved us

No way I want to see them again anywhere. They are on a roll

hoosier
12-19-2011, 08:37 PM
If the Saints are on that much of a roll they will roll through San Fran regardless of where they play, and then the Packers are destined to meet them in the CG, so it doesn't matter what SF does against Pitts and Sea. My hunch is that in a wet, chilly or icy cold environment, New Orleans will not be nearly as efficient as they've been indoors and in warm weather. Remember that the first game of the year was played in almost ideal conditions.

mmmdk
12-19-2011, 08:37 PM
I was at the first Packer Saints game
NO could have easily won that game; I think they had a turnover that saved us

No way I want to see them again anywhere. They are on a roll

I agree totally & utterly agree; Saints will beat the current Packers team - anywhere! If Packers avoid the Saints then I believe in a SB birth and then maybe, but just maybe, a SB win.

MJZiggy
12-19-2011, 08:40 PM
In that scenario, I'm guessing that the 49ers have the tiebreaker. NO isn't going to lose anymore games in the reg season. They play Atlanta and Carolina at home in the superdome. Both wins imo.
And the Packers played Kansas City. Would you have guessed last week they'd have lost? You have to wait until they play the games.

mmmdk
12-19-2011, 08:42 PM
And the Packers played Kansas City. Would you have guessed last week they'd have lost? You have to wait until they play the games.

I second that Falcons has a chance to win in NO.

mmmdk
12-19-2011, 08:45 PM
Lights are out again in San Fran...this is getting pathetic!

Joemailman
12-19-2011, 08:45 PM
Who cares? We will crush them all. Like bugs.

Bretsky
12-19-2011, 08:47 PM

There is only one Marshmellow starting at LT

Bretsky
12-19-2011, 08:49 PM
If the Saints are on that much of a roll they will roll through San Fran regardless of where they play, and then the Packers are destined to meet them in the CG, so it doesn't matter what SF does against Pitts and Sea. My hunch is that in a wet, chilly or icy cold environment, New Orleans will not be nearly as efficient as they've been indoors and in warm weather. Remember that the first game of the year was played in almost ideal conditions.

Saints are pretty invinsible at home but often not nearly as good on the road
Niners D can put some pain on the Saints and at home even better.

I'd MUCh rather play the Niners but at worst I want to see the Saints struggle through SF with pain

denverYooper
12-19-2011, 08:50 PM
I agree totally & utterly agree; Saints will beat the current Packers team - anywhere! If Packers avoid the Saints then I believe in a SB birth and then maybe, but just maybe, a SB win.

Fuuuuuuuuhhhhhuuuuuck That :). Bring them on.

See post #16. Weather will be much different.

denverYooper
12-19-2011, 08:51 PM
I second that Falcons has a chance to win in NO.

Agree. It's a division game and the Dirties are going to put up a scrap.

denverYooper
12-19-2011, 08:54 PM
Saints are pretty invinsible at home but often not nearly as good on the road
Niners D can put some pain on the Saints and at home even better.

I'd MUCh rather play the Niners but at worst I want to see the Saints struggle through SF with pain

The downside is that if NO makes it through, they've got a tune-up game outdoors. It's not Lambeau weather, but it would serve to acclimate the Saints to an outdoor game better than a dome would.

MJZiggy
12-19-2011, 08:54 PM
There is only one Marshmellow starting at LT He didn't start at LT. We weren't exactly lighting up the Chiefs before he came in.

pittstang5
12-19-2011, 08:56 PM

Packers have been iffy on the road. NO has a huge advantage playing in the dome. Just calling it as I see it.

denverYooper
12-19-2011, 08:56 PM
OTOH, if the Saints are 3, they might have to play the Lions and then the Niners to get to GB. That would be a pretty tough row to hoe.

denverYooper
12-19-2011, 08:59 PM
He didn't start at LT. We weren't exactly lighting up the Chiefs before he came in.

2 of Hali's sacks came on the last TD drive by Green Bay, so they might have come at a price.

Bretsky
12-19-2011, 09:06 PM
He didn't start at LT. We weren't exactly lighting up the Chiefs before he came in.

I'm confused....who do you think is the Marshmellow ?

mmmdk
12-19-2011, 09:07 PM
Fuuuuuuuuhhhhhuuuuuck That :). Bring them on.

See post #16. Weather will be much different.

Ok :lol:

MJZiggy
12-19-2011, 09:07 PM
I'm confused....who do you think is the Marshmellow ?

I thought that's what you've been calling Newhouse.

Tarlam!
12-19-2011, 09:08 PM
What do the Packer players always say? "We just gotta take care of business" or "We can can only control, what we can control".

Last year's team was a championship team, played exclusively on the road and, against all odds,won it. Here we are, wetting our diapers about who they may or not play, when and where. The sky is definately falling.

MJZiggy
12-19-2011, 09:11 PM
When Tarlam becomes our voice of reason, we all got problems!

Bretsky
12-19-2011, 09:15 PM
I thought that's what you've been calling Newhouse.

didn't he start ?

MJZiggy
12-19-2011, 09:17 PM
didn't he start ?

I thought he came in when Sherrod went down.

Brando19
12-19-2011, 09:17 PM
didn't he start ?

Yeah...he's started at LT every game since Clifton went down.

MJZiggy
12-19-2011, 09:18 PM
Never mind. I'm going to bed.

Bretsky
12-19-2011, 09:46 PM
Never mind. I'm going to bed.

He's been starting way too lon

Go to bed, get some Leslie action, and come back when your heart, body and soul are rejunvinated after some serious grail fun !

MJZiggy
12-19-2011, 09:57 PM
He's been starting way too lon

Go to bed, get some Leslie action, and come back when your heart, body and soul are rejunvinated after some serious grail fun !

You know my grail fun involved penises...

Brando19
12-19-2011, 10:01 PM

penisES? that's plural...you dirty girl.

denverYooper
12-19-2011, 10:06 PM
Shitballs, this game is looking sorta like the GB-KC game.

denverYooper
12-19-2011, 10:08 PM
Now if Pitt scores a TD to go up 7-6 and then SF comes back with a FG on a drive including a long pass to a little-used TE, it's going to be downright eerie.

denverYooper
12-19-2011, 10:29 PM
I noticed that Tomlin didn't give a shit about losing a timeout because of the challenge :).

pbmax
12-20-2011, 06:59 AM
I noticed that Tomlin didn't give a shit about losing a timeout because of the challenge :).

He has used them both (and been out) before halftime.

I guess its full speed ahead next week.

denverYooper
12-20-2011, 10:49 AM
He has used them both (and been out) before halftime.

I guess its full speed ahead next week.

Yup.

Pugger
12-20-2011, 10:57 AM

penisES? that's plural...you dirty girl.

:lol: :lol:

Pugger
12-20-2011, 10:57 AM
Shitballs, this game is looking sorta like the GB-KC game.

Except Rodgers didn't throw 3 picks and fumble it once...

denverYooper
12-20-2011, 11:12 AM
Except Rodgers didn't throw 3 picks and fumble it once...

No kidding. I'll take Aaron's "off" day against that piece of work. Talk about a meltdown. Some of it might be the ankle but Ben will have stretches of play like that when he's not injured.

He had a guy (Brown?) 2 steps behind the DB down the left sideline early on and overthrew it, too. It would have been an easy 6.

gbgary
12-20-2011, 01:35 PM
Packers have been iffy on the road.

they're 11-1 in their last 12 road games.

last night's game was the first time i've watched this year's sf team. they're pretty good...especially that d. cover vernon davis!!