PDA

View Full Version : Packers / Bears tickets ?

mission
12-19-2011, 10:06 PM
So maybe my wife and I will leave the kids with mom and drive up to GB on Xmas from the Madison area. How far is that drive? Will we be able to get tickets out by the Hutson center with it being a Bears matchup or I should I go the stubhub route (hate that site really)?

Anyone going?

MadtownPacker
12-19-2011, 10:08 PM
Making the game day thread and going to a bears game? You like to live dangerous.

denverYooper
12-19-2011, 10:20 PM
Making the game day thread and going to a bears game? You like to live dangerous.

If it works, he'll have to keep going to the games until they lose.

mission
12-19-2011, 10:22 PM

I feel OK about it. Don't call me mission for nothin!

mission
12-19-2011, 10:23 PM
If it works, he'll have to keep going to the games until they lose.

Soooo...... I can't go?

denverYooper
12-19-2011, 10:28 PM
Soooo...... I can't go?

You should go if you can. I was just clownin'.

mission
12-19-2011, 10:37 PM
Hopefully I can pull it off... just have no idea if it's going to be a ton of demand because it's Christmas/Bears or a bit less because it's Christmas.

Little Whiskey
12-19-2011, 10:50 PM
if you don't mind blowing off christmas, what do you have to lose? worst case scenerio you end up tailgating before and after the game and watch it in one of the numerous bars around the stadium. best case, you score some cheap tix!

Iron Mike
12-19-2011, 11:00 PM
Guess again:

http://www.stubhub.com/green-bay-packers-tickets/packers-vs-bears-lambeau-field-1068567/

ThunderDan
12-19-2011, 11:00 PM
So maybe my wife and I will leave the kids with mom and drive up to GB on Xmas from the Madison area. How far is that drive? Will we be able to get tickets out by the Hutson center with it being a Bears matchup or I should I go the stubhub route (hate that site really)?

Anyone going?

It's about a 2 hour 45 minute drive depending on the traffic. They finally have the highway between Oshkosh and Appleton open with 3 lanes which really helps the flow.

Scalping for a Bear's game is tricky. High prices, hard to get but can be gotten. I would get there early and start nosing around.

ThunderDan
12-19-2011, 11:03 PM
Guess again:

http://www.stubhub.com/green-bay-packers-tickets/packers-vs-bears-lambeau-field-1068567/

$178 for a $76 face ticket in our section.

bobblehead
12-19-2011, 11:39 PM
I called some of my old reliables figuring they would offer up the tickets on Christmas day, but I am a no go at the moment as well. I'll keep making calls since I only get one game a year now days.

mission
12-20-2011, 09:38 AM
I'm hearing from a couple reliable locals that demand will be reduced due to no more 16-0... should be able to find tickets. If anyone's going, let me know-- maybe we can link up for a beer.

Pugger
12-20-2011, 09:59 AM
Gee, one would think seeing how important this game is for home field advantage tickets would still be in high demand...

ThunderDan
12-20-2011, 10:01 AM
Gee, one would think seeing how important this game is for home field advantage tickets would still be in high demand...

Plus a nationally televised game, plus people are sick of their relatives and want to get away.

mission
12-23-2011, 01:00 PM
So my old high school buddy who I always get up with around the holidays to drink after family stuff said he's going to the game on Sunday..... soooooo... if the Niners win tomorrow then I'll make the trip. Otherwise not going to blow a bunch of money to go watch Matt Flynn play. I'm not sure my wife will be able to handle the cold (or me), but we're gonna bundle up and make it happen.

Little Whiskey
12-23-2011, 02:07 PM
So my old high school buddy who I always get up with around the holidays

skinbasket is you buddy?

Tarlam!
12-23-2011, 07:37 PM
skinbasket is you buddy?

Skin is everybody's buddy! You just have to get to know him!

ThunderDan
12-23-2011, 08:09 PM
So my old high school buddy who I always get up with around the holidays to drink after family stuff said he's going to the game on Sunday..... soooooo... if the Niners win tomorrow then I'll make the trip. Otherwise not going to blow a bunch of money to go watch Matt Flynn play. I'm not sure my wife will be able to handle the cold (or me), but we're gonna bundle up and make it happen.

Just wear layers and you will be fine. T-shirt, long sleeve shirt, sweatshirt, hoodie, winter jacket, XXXL Packer Jersey.

mission
12-23-2011, 08:13 PM
Just wear layers and you will be fine. T-shirt, long sleeve shirt, sweatshirt, hoodie, winter jacket, XXXL Packer Jersey.

Well I don't have an XXXL jersey but if I can somehow squeeze my normal size one over all that I definitely will. You think you might go?

mission
12-23-2011, 08:14 PM
skinbasket is you buddy?

"get up with" might mean something different where I live... :lol:

ThunderDan
12-23-2011, 08:21 PM
Well I don't have an XXXL jersey but if I can somehow squeeze my normal size one over all that I definitely will. You think you might go?

No, unfortunately not. We are hosting X-Mas day for my extended family so I won't be making the game.

We have Gold package tickets so we get home games 2 and 5 every year. Got to see the Pack blow the Broncos out and beat the Bucs this year. In fact, I haven't seen a regular season loss at Lambeau since the 35-0 beating by the Pats in 2006.

denverYooper
12-23-2011, 09:14 PM
Mission, if you see this in time and tweet Jarius Wynn the birth weight/time of his baby Jarius Jr. he'll getcha tickets.

Weight is 7lbs 4 oz...

Don't know the time but it's some time early morning before SLB XLV

denverYooper
12-23-2011, 09:15 PM
Mission, if you see this in time and tweet Jarius Wynn the birth weight/time of his baby Jarius Jr. he'll getcha tickets.

Weight is 7lbs 4 oz...

Don't know the time but it's some time early morning before SLB XLV

NM, someone already got it. 9:08am.

mission
12-24-2011, 12:55 PM
NM, someone already got it. 9:08am.

Damn, thanks anyway!! Jarius has already sent me autographed gloves because my wife's dinner looked so good. :lol:

Tarlam!
12-25-2011, 01:31 AM

I once had a boss that was a retired captain in the Australian army. He told me the story of the 5 "P"s. Now, marketing gurus on the board will think of the famous marketing plan price, product, promotion, people and place. Nah! That aint it.

It was during Vietnam and the Aussies got involved and started drafting. They would send buses to hub towns to collect the draftees and bus 'em back to boot camp. Imagine the delight when they draftees entered the bus and were greeted with ice cold beers, as much as they could drink for the whole 5 hour trip! So they got stuck into it!

At some point, the human bladder needs to be relieved of the liquids that have been steadily building up and the recruits voiced their request to their staff seargent that they take a rest stop. At this point, they learnt a very valuable lesson: PRIOR PLANNING PREVENTS PSS POOR PERFORMANCE! The bus drove the entir distance to boot camp without stopping.

Mission, my retro #80 is XXXL. Hahahahahahaha