PDA

View Full Version : Everyone's second favorite QB may start in Chicago

Guiness
12-20-2011, 08:42 AM
Everybody's second favorite QB, Josh McCown, might start for the Bears this week!

Yay! And just because it's so great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcA-NEhWVfI

mission
12-20-2011, 09:36 AM
Great, another 25 for 30 380 yards and 3 TDs because we "don't have any tape on him".

pbmax
12-20-2011, 09:48 AM
Great, another 25 for 30 380 yards and 3 TDs because we "don't have any tape on him".

As odd as it sounds (or maybe not) the Bears have fewer weapons on offense than the Chiefs. I am worried about Rodgers health and the offense, but not the Bears offense.

Pugger
12-20-2011, 09:54 AM
Yes, the bares are a shell of themselves on offense right now. Maybe we can take out our frustrations on the midgets of the midway Sunday night.

hoosier
12-20-2011, 10:04 AM
I would not give a second thought to the Bears offense, or what is left of it, if I were confident that the Packers offense could move the ball and score against their defense. But their D is as good as KCs and the Packers OL is in shambles. If they are unable to keep Rodgers on his feet and move the ball, the Illinois Fighting Illini might find a way to beat them.

MadScientist
12-20-2011, 10:57 AM
All I want for xmas is home field advantage.

Fuck resting players or being conservative. Show the damn bears how to end a rival's playoff dreams at the end of the season.

Pugger
12-20-2011, 10:59 AM
All I want for xmas is home field advantage.

Fuck resting players or being conservative. Show the damn bears how to end a rival's playoff dreams at the end of the season.

+1

denverYooper
12-20-2011, 11:21 AM
As odd as it sounds (or maybe not) the Bears have fewer weapons on offense than the Chiefs. I am worried about Rodgers health and the offense, but not the Bears offense.

Chiefs had a few decent skills guys -- Bowe, Baldwin, Breaston, McCluster, Jones. Any of the 3 receivers would challenge for #1 on the Bears and they've got more speed (now that Forte is likely out). Orton is not a bad QB, either.

gbgary
12-20-2011, 01:48 PM
another trap game. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:forums.corvetteforum.com/get/images/smilies/willy_nilly.gif

gbgary
12-20-2011, 01:54 PM
the real version is better...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_QzwbZJyFg&feature=related

Freak Out
12-20-2011, 03:50 PM
The Packers have a chance to clinch home field at Lambeau against the Bears.....the Pack will fucking dominate this game.

KYPack
12-20-2011, 05:57 PM
The Packers have a chance to clinch home field at Lambeau against the Bears.....the Pack will fucking dominate this game.

Freak for forum leader!

Pugger
12-20-2011, 05:58 PM
What are McNown's strengths and weaknesses?

Tarlam!
12-20-2011, 06:03 PM
another trap game. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:forums.corvetteforum.com/get/images/smilies/willy_nilly.gif

Ya think, you sarcastic SOB?!?

I think it's a rivalry game. Against a rival the fans love to hate. I think the Packers will be clicking on all cylinders, especially after last week's dilemma. And I think you think the same, Chicken Little!

mmmdk
12-20-2011, 06:05 PM

I agree!

Trap game? No!

Bear trap? Yes!

mmmdk
12-20-2011, 06:16 PM

Hahaha :lol: This could actually be spot on!

MJZiggy
12-20-2011, 06:53 PM

I think it's a rivalry game. Against a rival the fans love to hate. I think the Packers will be clicking on all cylinders, especially after last week's dilemma. And I think you think the same, Chicken Little!
Lovie's one goal has always been first to beat the Packers and the Packers have not only a long memory, but a chip on their shoulders. And the need to get the taste of last week out of their mouths.

gbgary
12-20-2011, 06:57 PM

yup...i predicted a 28-9 Packers victory in another thread...but...the bears got nuthin' right now, they're pulling a forgotten qb out of their ass, lovie hates us.

Guiness
12-21-2011, 09:48 PM
And it's announced he'll start!

http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/33980810

King Friday
12-22-2011, 10:24 AM
I so glad they got rid of that pushing out of bounds rule...I love the fact that catch screwed over the Vikings, but honestly there is no way in hell that should ever be a legitimate catch. Get 2 feet in, or cry to mama.

gbgary
12-22-2011, 11:16 AM
I so glad they got rid of that pushing out of bounds rule...I love the fact that catch screwed over the Vikings, but honestly there is no way in hell that should ever be a legitimate catch. Get 2 feet in, or cry to mama.

i liked the old rule but now it's a lot simpler for the refs. not a judgement call anymore.

Gunakor
12-22-2011, 11:52 PM
If they are unable to keep Rodgers on his feet and move the ball, the Illinois Fighting Illini might find a way to beat them.

The Illini could beat the Bears right now too. So could 5 other Big Ten teams. MSU, PSU, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Michigan and Illinois are all capable of beating the Bears should they play a game on Sunday. Thank goodness for Chicago that the Bears don't have to face an SEC team this weekend.

Tarlam!
12-23-2011, 05:45 AM
The Illini could beat the Bears right now too. So could 5 other Big Ten teams. MSU, PSU, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Michigan and Illinois are all capable of beating the Bears should they play a game on Sunday. Thank goodness for Chicago that the Bears don't have to face an SEC team this weekend.

The real question is, could they be beaten by a handful of specially selected Rugby players. :oops:

George Cumby
12-23-2011, 06:06 AM
What are McNown's strengths and weaknesses?

+1 Damage to all Giant-class opponents

-1 Defense against fire

Brando19
12-23-2011, 06:40 AM

No disrespect, but I hate when someone says something like this. I hear guys at work that say, "Oh man...WVU could beat the Colts!" That's crazy. As bad as the Bears are right now and as good as Michigan or Wisconsin is...it wouldn't even be a game. Every single player on the Bears team are pros. College teams have a handful of pro capable players on their team, the rest will work a 9-5 job after they graduate. Bears 55 Illinois 0

gbgary
12-23-2011, 10:26 AM
No disrespect, but I hate when someone says something like this. I hear guys at work that say, "Oh man...WVU could beat the Colts!" That's crazy. As bad as the Bears are right now and as good as Michigan or Wisconsin is...it wouldn't even be a game. Every single player on the Bears team are pros. College teams have a handful of pro capable players on their team, the rest will work a 9-5 job after they graduate. Bears 55 Illinois 0

28-0 chi