PDA

View Full Version : Favre set a press conference for 11:30 today

Tony Oday
08-16-2006, 07:12 AM
What the hell is he talking about?

GBRulz
08-16-2006, 07:16 AM
Favre always has a press conference on Wednesday's throughout the season.

]{ilr]3
08-16-2006, 07:19 AM
Dare I say it..... He is going to retire?

I hope that is not the case obviously and it would be really bad to do that to the team now. He has got to concerned about what the o-line was able to do protecting him.

I think the o-line will keep getting better and better sooner rather than later, and A-Rod is good enough to take the job. Dang I hope thats not it though.

woodbuck27
08-16-2006, 07:25 AM
{ilr]3]Dare I say it..... He is going to retire?

I hope that is not the case obviously and it would be really bad to do that to the team now. He has got to concerned about what the o-line was able to do protecting him.

I think the o-line will keep getting better and better sooner rather than later, and A-Rod is good enough to take the job. Dang I hope thats not it though.

Yup Favre willl announce his retirement whenever he decides to.

Not today I expect. :mrgreen:

Expect to hear some rather sobering thoughts and realistic leadership from OUR QB.

GO PACKERS ! HOLD THE FAITH !!

Tony Oday
08-16-2006, 08:06 AM
I hope he announces the take over of green bay. He will set himself up as the lord and dictator ;) hehe

Actually I hope he says we are going to win the Super Bowl :)

Tarlam!
08-16-2006, 08:22 AM
{ilr]3]

Not sure if you've been officially welcomed to the forum. JIC: W E L C O M E ! !

Now, tell me, how do I pronounce your name?

vince
08-16-2006, 09:06 AM
Uh, Tarlem, it's pronounced,

RITESKUAREBRAKetRITECURleeBRASEIELARRITESKUAREBRAK etTHREE

Duh...

Zool
08-16-2006, 09:24 AM
{ilr]3]

Not sure if you've been officially welcomed to the forum. JIC: W E L C O M E ! !

Its Killer B

Tony Oday
08-16-2006, 09:39 AM
its code rat

Iron Mike
08-16-2006, 09:55 AM
Just so you're not confused next time:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leet

And if you STILL need help:

http://ryanross.net/leet/

Packnut
08-16-2006, 10:06 AM
It could only be 1 of 3 things:

1- Retiring now- Unlikely
2- Contract extension to play next season-Unlikely because he does'nt make that type of decision this early.
3- Announcing this for sure is his last season-Most likely

]{ilr]3
08-16-2006, 10:09 AM
I forget he does a weekly announcment. With all the bad press I have been reading about our team I guess the worst thought came to my mind. :)

Yes, its Killer Bee. I have a Dodge truck with a Cummins Turbo Diesel in it. Its a "B" Series engine from Cummins. Back in the 90's they released a higher output high pressure fuel pump to increase horse power and provide a more durable pump(as if a fuel pump that has pressures up to 28,000lbs per/sq in. and a life span of 500,000 miles was not enough). It got the nickname Killer "B". I thought it was kinda cool so I swiped it and modified it a little bit :cool:

Deputy Nutz
08-16-2006, 10:25 AM
I thought that Favre has only been doing press conferences every two weeks? And I do remember that they all seem to be scheduled on Wednesday. I highly doubt Favre would leave this team hanging unless there was a very sick family member. As far as I know everyone is healthy as of now in the Favre family but you never know.

I hate to comment any further on this ridiculous speculation, but if it were true that Favre was calling it quits today, I think I might throw up, seriously, I might have to check into a mental health facility.

Creepy
08-16-2006, 10:27 AM
Same old stuff. he will be impressed with the way the new guys are coming along and not to worry because it was just a pre-season game. No big announcement of winning the SB or retiring or anything else. There will be no big revelations on Ferguson, gardner or Jennings and who is #2 or #3.

GBRulz
08-16-2006, 10:30 AM
all of this talk about him announcing his retirement is seriously making my stomach churn

Packnut
08-16-2006, 10:32 AM
I thought that Favre has only been doing press conferences every two weeks? And I do remember that they all seem to be scheduled on Wednesday. I highly doubt Favre would leave this team hanging unless there was a very sick family member. As far as I know everyone is healthy as of now in the Favre family but you never know.

I hate to comment any further on this ridiculous speculation, but if it were true that Favre was calling it quits today, I think I might throw up, seriously, I might have to check into a mental health facility.

While your there, please reserve a room for me. I know it's only a "game" and it would'nt be the end of the world, but it would hurt really really bad. I can deal with us being a bad team as long as I can watch Brett throw a bullet every once in a while and split double coverage, I'm at least content.

Rastak
08-16-2006, 10:35 AM
Is there a live feed for his press conference?

Packnut
08-16-2006, 10:40 AM
I went back and checked about his press conference schedule for this season and we are over-reacting. It's every 2 weeks and he did'nt have one last week so this is just normal. Everyone can relax now!

No Mo Moss
08-16-2006, 10:45 AM
I'm all about relaxing, but the MN newsmedia and some national outlets are making a big deal about this and its making me really nervous. WTF is going on. Tell me he isn't doing this while the rest of the team is at practice...that would be a bad sign. More info now before I have a heart attack.

GBRulz
08-16-2006, 10:54 AM
Here is a link for you guys to watch a live feed of the PC.....

www.wfrv.com

It's our CBS station....will have much less traffic than Packers.com

chewy-bacca
08-16-2006, 11:02 AM
I went back and checked about his press conference schedule for this season and we are over-reacting. It's every 2 weeks and he did'nt have one last week so this is just normal. Everyone can relax now!

man, I hope its not like this every week. He likes to talk to the press ( I dont know why) But if people would just stop with the retirement crap, maybe he could get on with a good season.