PDA

View Full Version : Browning vs Remington

Brando19
12-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Hey...I really want a Browning Maxus 12 gauge, but the Remington Versamax looks pretty good, too. Anyone have one of these guns?

Little Whiskey
12-22-2011, 04:13 PM
I have an 870. want a review of that gun?

SkinBasket
12-22-2011, 05:09 PM
I have a Browning Stalker BPS Invector I could sell you for $250. Never fired. 2 extra chokes. Still in the box. Can get the rest of the info off the sticker if you're interested.

MadtownPacker
12-22-2011, 07:11 PM
I dont know what mine is cuz the brand and serial are filed off.

Scott Campbell
12-22-2011, 07:49 PM

......along with half the barrel.

George Cumby
12-22-2011, 08:43 PM
......along with half the barrel.

... and the stock.

Brando19
12-22-2011, 09:16 PM
I have a Browning Stalker BPS Invector I could sell you for $250. Never fired. 2 extra chokes. Still in the box. Can get the rest of the info off the sticker if you're interested.

I had one of those for a few months...I traded it in. Thanks anyway...that's a hell of a deal...they're selling on gunsamerica for $399.

Brando19
12-22-2011, 09:17 PM
I have an 870. want a review of that gun?

Yeah...sure! My cousin just bought a Remington 887. He loves it.

SkinBasket
12-22-2011, 09:24 PM
I had one of those for a few months...I traded it in. Thanks anyway...that's a hell of a deal...they're selling on gunsamerica for $399.

Thought I would offer it to a member before trying to trade it. What did you get for your trade?

Brando19
12-22-2011, 09:34 PM
Thought I would offer it to a member before trying to trade it. What did you get for your trade?

I got a Remington 7mm mag. I had to pay a little boot. Thanks for the offer...you should have no problem selling it. I'm really intrigued by the Maxus. The price tag is a little steep ($1200), but it may be worth it. I have a 44 mag and a muzzleloader I'm going to trade in on the maxus or versamax.

SkinBasket
12-23-2011, 07:18 AM
I'm only going to be allowed one more gun purchase in the foreseeable future, especially after I just ordered that 40sw baby eagle, so I'm going to hold out until the ksg hits production. I have 250 12 ga rounds that were sent to me by accident, so it's easier to justify buying a gun that can use them.

Brando19
01-14-2012, 09:06 PM
I got the mossy oak Browning Maxus Infinity. Holly crap this is a great gun. I've only shot the 2 3/4" so far. It came with four different chokes. We went clay shooting and i DESTROYED them. I was 19/20. This gun is so smooth. I had never shot an autoloader. There's a rod you can take out to make the gun hold 5 shells instead of 3...so i took it out as soon as i got it. I've never shot the Versamax, but I definitely recommend this gun.

Tarlam!
01-15-2012, 12:35 AM
You guys have all the fun. Getting a gun license in Germany is the same as getting an engineering degree. Fuck, getting a fishing license is almost as difficult. Fucking beaurocrats.

SkinBasket
01-15-2012, 10:28 AM
You guys have all the fun. Getting a gun license in Germany is the same as getting an engineering degree. Fuck, getting a fishing license is almost as difficult. Fucking beaurocrats.

Welcome to Obamamerica. Given another 4 years, we'll be right beside you.

Brando19
01-15-2012, 10:57 AM
Welcome to Obamamerica. Given another 4 years, we'll be right beside you.

I wouldn't doubt it, Skin. That's the way it's looking. Tar, we don't need a gun license, but hunting and fishing license are outrageous. The price keeps going up where I live. I should have bought my lifetime hunting and fishing license a few years ago.

George Cumby
01-17-2012, 07:27 PM
I wouldn't doubt it, Skin. That's the way it's looking. Tar, we don't need a gun license, but hunting and fishing license are outrageous. The price keeps going up where I live. I should have bought my lifetime hunting and fishing license a few years ago.

Naaaa, the Second Amendment ain't goin' anywhere.

Hunting and fishing licenses are more expensive because of the urbanization of the country. Fewer sportsmen, proportionally, to the population at large.

SkinBasket
01-18-2012, 09:29 AM
Naaaa, the Second Amendment ain't goin' anywhere.

Hunting and fishing licenses are more expensive because of the urbanization of the country. Fewer sportsmen, proportionally, to the population at large.

I would love to believe that, but the past half century and the current administration have made me less of a believer. Not that the federal government will be able to ditch it altogether, but rather change what it means to such a degree as to render it useless. The laws that states and municipalities are allowed to enact, along with Barack's proposed regulations and Holder's clusterfuck down south, all point toward a continued erosion of what the 2nd amendment means.

It's been a slow process, but it doesn't need to be fast when it's always moved in one direction - more regulation and less freedom, all in the name of safety of course.

woodbuck27
01-19-2012, 11:38 AM

Hope you got it for FREE. . . .keep it really clean. (-;