PDA

View Full Version : 2011 NFL DRAFT DEFENSIVE CLASS---SOME REFLECTIONS

Bretsky
12-22-2011, 11:10 PM
Some of the best chatter on the Internet each year is when da rats argue and debate about the upcoming NFL Draft

Feel free to add your own insights......mea culpa's....bragging.....ect. Some initial thoughts

JJ Watt is going to end the bad karms Wiscosin Defensive Ends bring. He's already a solid player

The Texans got Lucky in round two

Despite my pleading with TT and vowing to continue game day threads, TT would not listen to me and draft another future pass rushing sensation in Brooks Reed, who would look MARVELOUS in Green n Gold rushing the passer with the Claymaker. Reed will be a stud pass rusher for years to come and he looked good again tonight. 6 Sacks as a Rookie

Aldon Smith- DE- San Fran- This guy is a future stud at DE for many years to come. I knew little about him but he's an outstanding pass rusher. 7.5 Sacks as a rookie

Ryan Kerrigan- 6.5 Sacks...dude has an endless motor and will be stellar for years to come

Patrick Peterson- 4 TD's on special teams. Pretty solid cover guy already and worthy of his selection

Von Miller-- This dude is an absolute beast. 12.5 Sacks..........CRAZY. Superstar. D Rookie of the Year

Phil Taylor--- NT...Browns---Has flashed brilliance at time and disappered at times. Will be interesting to see his future

Muhammed Wilkerson- Jets DE- Freak athlete....solid as a rookie. He''s no Vernon Gholston. Wish he'd have fallen to GB

Adrian Claybourne- DE- Tampa Bay....Looks like several were wrong about him; he's excelled in Tampa Bay. 6.5 Sacks and has shown flashes of dominance

Dequan Bowers- Time will tell with this guy; he started his first game in November due to injury....so far has shown litttle dominance

Donte Moch-- the great athlete has been a bust so far.......no games played....off and on injuries. Time will tell. Tarzan Athlete. Needs to show he can play in 2012 or we'll be calling him a Fraud.

Justin Houston--This guy really looks like a player..future star like talent. Reports were TT really liked him until he tested positive for drugs.......which is why he dropped to round 3

Freak Out
12-23-2011, 12:31 AM
Reed fell to where...? RD 2 or 3? Man...he got some big run here.

Tarlam!
12-23-2011, 05:27 AM
Sherrod got a broken leg.

Tarlam!
12-23-2011, 05:29 AM
I tip my hat to Cam Newton. I never thought he'd be as successful in the NFL, dicounting the W-L column. The guy made me a believer.

Tarlam!
12-23-2011, 05:39 AM
Despite my pleading with TT and vowing to continue game day threads, TT would not listen to me and draft another future pass rushing sensation in Brooks Reed, who would look MARVELOUS in Green n Gold rushing the passer with the Claymaker. Reed will be a stud pass rusher for years to come and he looked good again tonight. 6 Sacks as a Rookie

How exactly would that have worked? Tauscher was gone, he needed an OT. BR was gone by pick 42, so every NFL team had him as a 2nd rounder at best. BTW, TT desperately wanted a KR/PR and landed Cobb, whom we can all agree, is an enrichment to the team.

Maybe he's missed on Sherrod, but his grade was much higher according to some pundits IIRC. And let's not forget the signifigance of the off-season program for rookie Qbs, WRs and especially OL! Sherrod got none of that!

You might suggest TT shoulda traded; great, but it takes two to tango and after his coup-de-gras with that Mathews fellow, finding Tango partners for TT in the early rounds might prove difficult in future.

Bretsky
12-23-2011, 06:22 AM
How exactly would that have worked? Tauscher was gone, he needed an OT. BR was gone by pick 42, so every NFL team had him as a 2nd rounder at best. BTW, TT desperately wanted a KR/PR and landed Cobb, whom we can all agree, is an enrichment to the team.

Maybe he's missed on Sherrod, but his grade was much higher according to some pundits IIRC. And let's not forget the signifigance of the off-season program for rookie Qbs, WRs and especially OL! Sherrod got none of that!

You might suggest TT shoulda traded; great, but it takes two to tango and after his coup-de-gras with that Mathews fellow, finding Tango partners for TT in the early rounds might prove difficult in future.

You can find tackles later in the draft. Just because he was picked with the 10th pick in round two does not mean for sure each team had him graded as a 2nd rounder; perhaps some teams just liked another guy better at their pick. I'm not sure if he missed on Sherrod or not; time will tell. I don't think any of us have any idea at this point.

Things I read noted he'd probably go at end of round one cause he needed some developmental time before he was fully ready. There were about 6 OT's with shots at going in round one and I think nearly everything I read noted Sherrod was the last rated one. Most publications rated James Carpenter a round 2-3 pick and lower than Sherrod (although Justin Harrell Nailed his being drafted sooner) and he was snapped up a few picks before we took Sherrod) TT brought us a title so I'm not going to rip him.

But I still think we'd all be very happy if we took Reed with that pick.

Bretsky
12-23-2011, 06:24 AM
I tip my hat to Cam Newton. I never thought he'd be as successful in the NFL, dicounting the W-L column. The guy made me a believer.

I was wrong on him as well.................we need somebody else to make a thread for offensive players.......lol.......I didn't have time last night to do that so I focued on the defense

Bretsky
12-23-2011, 06:24 AM
Reed fell to where...? RD 2 or 3? Man...he got some big run here.

Round two
He hired me to be his PR Pimp :)

Brandon494
12-23-2011, 06:30 AM
Aldon Smith plays OLB and has 13 sacks on the season.

Bretsky
12-23-2011, 06:31 AM
Aldon Smith plays OLB and has 13 sacks on the season.

Oops; maybe my stats were old........but doesn't he play DE for the Niners ? He's a baller !

Tarlam!
12-23-2011, 08:00 AM
But I still think we'd all be very happy if we took Reed with that pick.

Agree wholeheartedly - with hindsight. You nailed it!

Tarlam!
12-23-2011, 08:02 AM
I didn't have time last night to do that so I focued on the defense

DUH - I need to learn to read the entire thread title! Sorry, B, my bad!

Brandon494
12-23-2011, 08:03 AM
Oops; maybe my stats were old........but doesn't he play DE for the Niners ? He's a baller !

They run a 3-4 defense, he's a pass rush OLB just like Clay.

denverYooper
12-23-2011, 01:44 PM

He's pretty much strictly a pass rusher though. Clay does a hell of a lot more.

ND72
12-23-2011, 04:59 PM
I was big on Von Miller, JJ Watt, Kerrigan, Aldon Smith, and Sherrod. I knew Miller would go high nd was hoping an Aldon Smith or JJ old somehow fall. I'm still ok with Sherrod, hope his leg heals, think he has a big upside.

Brandon494
12-23-2011, 06:14 PM
He's pretty much strictly a pass rusher though. Clay does a hell of a lot more.

Oh you mean like what Clay Matthews was pretty much his rookie year?

denverYooper
12-23-2011, 06:19 PM
Oh you mean like what Clay Matthews was pretty much his rookie year?

yeah

mission
12-23-2011, 08:17 PM

you grow out that goat a little more and you might look a bit like woodson :nonotallblackpeoplelookalike: