PDA

View Full Version : When Brett Favre started his first game, you were.....

GBRulz
08-16-2006, 07:13 AM
There are certain events in life where you will always remember what you were doing and it's like you remember them as if it were just yesterday. Well, when Brett made his first start should be no exception :wink:

When Majik went down and then Mr. Favre started the following week... I was starting my 2nd year of college. I remember saying "Well, he better do something, we wasted a 1st round pick on this dude."

Anyhow, it's funny that as now I slowly crawl into my 30's that Brett came to us when I was still a teenager. God help the Packers and let him play until he's 40.... as it's hard to imagine another Qb besides ol #4.

woodbuck27
08-16-2006, 07:28 AM
:cry:

It's going to hurt for some of us.

Not for others.

Back East, they get alot of Packer games or used to.

I re-call when he first came on the stage for us, that he was so wild with enthuiasm - so full of piss and vinegar, that he immediately got under my skin.

Favre to me is like a good drug. I'm addicted. After him - I'll kick all addictions to a Packer player.

Brett Favre will always be, my good drug of choice and off the market one day. Noone else. :mrgreen:

Fosco33
08-16-2006, 07:34 AM
I was 12 and a diehard fan. I remember walking outside and crying to my Dad that Majikman was hurt bad and someone I've never heard of was playing QB. By the end of the day, I knew he was gonna be special. Funny thing was, my parents and brothers weren't fans - but they are now!

BF4MVP
08-16-2006, 07:59 AM
I was 5 freaking years old.

BlueBrewer
08-16-2006, 08:20 AM
I was 13.

BlueBrewer
08-16-2006, 08:21 AM
I was 13.

Zool
08-16-2006, 08:22 AM
I too was 19 when Brett came over. I was fully entrenched in Packer homerism and took him the supplemental draft during the 92 fantasy season. Favre Sharpe and Sanders carried me a long way that year.

Imagine, they could have actually played on the same team.

red
08-16-2006, 09:07 AM
i can't say i remember where i was for his first start, probably at home watching

but i do remember where i was when majik went down and brett took over. i was in crivitz for a mini family reunion at the little motel just west of town. i remember all of us huddled aroud a little TV all packed in a tiny little room watching that last drive. i was a freshman in high school

ahaha
08-16-2006, 09:22 AM
I too was 19 when Brett came over. I was fully entrenched in Packer homerism and took him the supplemental draft during the 92 fantasy season. Favre Sharpe and Sanders carried me a long way that year.

Imagine, they could have actually played on the same team.

If Sharpe and Sanders were playing with Majikowski, the packers might not have been bad enough to hire a general manager with the balls to trade a 1st round pick for a 3rd string quarterback.

FavreChild
08-16-2006, 09:39 AM
I was at my grandma's and my dad was screaming at the TV, calling the new guy a "spaz." What a roller coaster ride.

pacfan
08-16-2006, 09:53 AM
I was just out of the USMC and figuring out if I wanted to re-enlist or go to college.

I knew Favre was going to be special then, we we're the same age. We drank to much, couldn't behave or follow the rules.

I remember the arguments over how to spell and say his last name.

can't believe its been 14 years

Packnut
08-16-2006, 09:58 AM
Back then, there was no NFL package on tv so as I had done all my life living here in Chicago, I was in sitting my car listening to WTMJ. The car radio was the only radio that brought in a clear enough signal. Jim and Max were my "second" family.

I was not a big Majik fan, so when Favre came in, I remembered praying to God to help the new QB out. Boy did He ever! Come to think of it, Brett owes me BIG-TIME!

HarveyWallbangers
08-16-2006, 10:12 AM
I believe I was watching at Mannings bar on the U of M campus. I was 22 years old.

Deputy Nutz
08-16-2006, 10:19 AM
I believe I was 14 years years old, and in 8th grade. I remember being excited because it was like the first game that T-Buck was playing in. Majik went out, and to me he was like a god. Up until Favre came to Green Bay, All I had was that 1989 season.

At 14 I couldn't sit still so I remember running in and out of the house, I would go out in the drive way and pelt my backboard with the football during comercials and at halftime, my buddy and I would toss the ball around. I still don't know how the hell they pulled that game out, especially wihen T-Buck fumbled that punt.

GoPack06
08-16-2006, 10:26 AM
I was 13 and i was sitting in my grandmas van with my dad in Wisconsin Dells. We were waiting for my mom and grandma to finish shopping for crafts and we were listening to the game like who the hell is Brett Favre. I don't think i've missed a game since.

mmmdk
08-16-2006, 11:26 AM
I was listening to Armed Forces Radio (from Germany via USA) and I remember reading my Ray Nitschke Packer Report about this kid Favre a week later (got it from '91 to '97) then the internet came into my world for good. My best friend is/was a Falcons fan and he loved that trade...at the time :mrgreen: My friend did say that Favre was probably a rich mans Billy Joe Tolliver :D

RashanGary
08-16-2006, 11:50 AM
I was 10 and like Nutz, I would go outside and play football on every commercial and during half time. After teh game me, my bro's and teh neighbor kids would play football.

The good old days. I remember being excited about him, but I was so young that it isn't very clear what I thought of him

oregonpackfan
08-16-2006, 11:50 AM
I was just in my second year as a new Oregonian when I saw the halftime highlights of the new Packers QB, Brett Favre. He had just completed his first touchdown pass. Absolutely ecstatic, Favre rushed to the receiver(it might have been Chumura) and tackled him in the end zone. The commentators said something to the effect of "That's the hardest hit Chumura has received today!'

Seeing Favre's exuberance, I remember thinking, "This is just what the Packers need to pull themselves out of the doldrums!"

Oregonpackfan

RashanGary
08-16-2006, 11:52 AM
I remember Majik and faintly remember randy wright and anthony Dilwig. I'm not too worried for the day when he leaves though. A-Rod seems to have a little something to offer and I'm kind of looking forward to the day when he takes the reigns.

pbmax
08-16-2006, 12:01 PM
Don't remember if I was watching the game, at the time I was still a Cleveland Browns fan living in exile : ) I have seen the replays so often if feels like I watched the game, but possibly not.

Everyone I knew thought Favre was a spaz, just like FavreChild's grandfather. By the end of that year I had decided Favre might be good enough to become the next Terry Bradshaw. That's damning with faint praise from a Brown's fan.

BallHawk
08-16-2006, 06:10 PM
I was 17 days old.

Willard
08-16-2006, 06:25 PM
I was 17 days old.

So....what did you think of him?

GBRulz
08-16-2006, 08:24 PM
I also remember when they were negotiating his first contract since first being signed to the packers, I think it was prior to the '95 season....he was making a stink about how he wouldn't sign for less than $5 million a year and I was like "oh, let this idiot walk, he's not worth that money".

Yes, this was back when he was still very unpredictable.... gosh, so glad Wolf didn't listen to me :wink:

retailguy
08-16-2006, 08:27 PM
I was living in Iowa City, watching, and thinking "Here we go with another Anthony Dilweg clone".

Glad I was wrong on that one. Oh, and BTW I was 26.....

PaCkFan_n_MD
08-16-2006, 08:29 PM
I was 17 days old.

Didn't you say you were only 13 now.

Anyways, I was about 5 years old so I don't remember his first start (although I've seen it so much its almost like I did). My earliest memory of Brett was the 1994 season, the year before he won his first MVP.

The Shadow
08-16-2006, 08:31 PM
"...it's hard to imagine another Qb besides ol #4."

As fine a qb as Brett has been, it's even harder for me to forget Bart Starr; I can't imagine I will see his like again.