PDA

View Full Version : Would you...

ND72
12-23-2011, 05:01 PM
If we lock up home field this weekend, do you sit rogers from cheap ass Lion tactics new years day? Anyone else?

gbgary
12-23-2011, 05:06 PM
maybe. i can understand if it happens. play first quarter, or half, only.

Joemailman
12-23-2011, 05:09 PM
How long you play Rodgers depends on how long, if at all, Bulaga and Clifton will play. It would be crazy to put Rodgers out there against Suh & Co. behind a second rate offensive line.

retailguy
12-23-2011, 05:12 PM
If we lock up home field this weekend, do you sit rogers from cheap ass Lion tactics new years day? Anyone else?

Yes, I think you do. I guess you've gotta give the OL troops an opportunity to protect him (1st couple of drives?), and then if the protection gets sketchy, he's out of there pronto...

yooperfan
12-23-2011, 05:13 PM
The Lions may have their spot locked up by then to, so this may end up being like a preseason game. But if we have a chance to knock them out I say we do it.

sheepshead
12-23-2011, 06:05 PM
I might..yeah

Brando19
12-23-2011, 06:31 PM
Play him til halftime...that way he'll lock up the MVP race and hopefully put a couple more TD's on the stat sheet for the year.

Tarlam!
12-23-2011, 06:45 PM
Play to win. Remember the colts.

Bretsky
12-23-2011, 07:45 PM
I agree with Tarlem on one hand; it seemed like when the Colts employed this tactic they would often come out of the gates slow

With that being said, if our OL and really banged up............I think I'd rest any OL that is banged up (giving them three weeks to get healthy) and rest Rodgers as well......that way if anybody gets injured.......it's Flynn :)

Jimx29
12-23-2011, 07:52 PM
100% Boot to the throat

pbmax
12-23-2011, 07:56 PM
Worked for the Saints in 09. I would play him one Quarter minimum, one half maximum. However, as the Seachickens could lock up homefield for the Packers on Saturday night by beating the 49ers, I would also employ this strategy against the Bears. Clifton, however, needs to play a half at least to get back up to speed.

Freak Out
12-23-2011, 08:41 PM
Clifton has been ruled out against the Bears correct? If we have home field locked treat it like a preseason game and play a half give or take.

HarveyWallbangers
12-23-2011, 09:22 PM
Once the #1 seed is locked up, you sit him. If he gets injured, the season is over. You can't really say that about anybody else--although Matthews is probably the next closest.

gbgary
12-23-2011, 10:31 PM
delete

King Friday
12-23-2011, 11:06 PM
I put Rodgers out there if Bulaga/Clifton are healthy and can go. Otherwise, I might stick him in for a series or two and then yank him. I don't risk him long behind a patchwork line with nothing to play for.

Tarlam!
12-24-2011, 12:37 AM
The timing withe the WRs last week was soooooo off, they need reps together. Also, it is great conditioning against the Frozen Tundra for the kid from Cali. Play him. Let him play conservative, but keep him out there. Sitting him for 2 1/2 weeks is not the answer. Pull him in the 3rd, like Oakland for all I care, but play to win.

Work on the run game. Try new stuff that they won't try in the real P/O game. Confound and confuse. Use the wildcat 10 times. Football is a chess match - a violent one, but none-the-less, M3 has GOT to be thinking about making it to the NFCCG by beating whoever comes to Lambeau.

pbmax
12-24-2011, 08:56 AM
Once the #1 seed is locked up, you sit him. If he gets injured, the season is over. You can't really say that about anybody else--although Matthews is probably the next closest.

Woodson.

pbmax
12-24-2011, 08:58 AM
The timing withe the WRs last week was soooooo off, they need reps together. Also, it is great conditioning against the Frozen Tundra for the kid from Cali. Play him. Let him play conservative, but keep him out there. Sitting him for 2 1/2 weeks is not the answer. Pull him in the 3rd, like Oakland for all I care, but play to win.

Work on the run game. Try new stuff that they won't try in the real P/O game. Confound and confuse. Use the wildcat 10 times. Football is a chess match - a violent one, but none-the-less, M3 has GOT to be thinking about making it to the NFCCG by beating whoever comes to Lambeau.

I agree in part, but some of the timing issue was new players in new spots. Assuming the O line can get the pass rush checked (otherwise this discussion is academic) then the return of Jennings for the first playoff game solves much of that problem.

Guiness
12-24-2011, 04:43 PM
Woodson.

You think so?

Last year I would have agreed. How much impact does CWood have out there these days? I also think Collins going down has really lowered his effectiveness. Does he gamble as much as he used to when he knew Collins was there to clean up when things didn't out?

just checked...7 int's, so I'd guess he's gambling as much as he ever did!

denverYooper
12-24-2011, 04:52 PM
I agree in part, but some of the timing issue was new players in new spots. Assuming the O line can get the pass rush checked (otherwise this discussion is academic) then the return of Jennings for the first playoff game solves much of that problem.

Part of the O-line's problem is the same, no? I mean, they've had issues with Newhouse even when they had Newhouse-Lang-Wells-Sitton-Bulaga but one weak spot (even at LT) seemed at least manageable.

pbmax
12-24-2011, 06:08 PM
Part of the O-line's problem is the same, no? I mean, they've had issues with Newhouse even when they had Newhouse-Lang-Wells-Sitton-Bulaga but one weak spot (even at LT) seemed at least manageable.

There are simply more question marks on the O line than QB-WR. Even if Clifton and Bulaga return to start and put Newhouse on the bench, its been weeks since Clifton played and Bulaga has missed time and is nursing injuries as well. Its a fine line, but if anyone needs reps it whoever the starting line will be.

Or put another way, I expect the WR corp to recover its timing/performance even without Jennings. I am less sure of the O line because there are more moving and less reliable parts.